Welcome to the tutorial section for Cathe Live and our OnDemand videos.
Cathe OnDemand and Cathe Live are available for viewing on the web, and Cathe OnDemand can be viewed through our iOS App (for iPhones, iPods and iPads running iOS 9 or newer), our Android App, our tvOS App (for Apple TV version 4 or newer), or our Roku App (for Roku 3 or newer). Both Cathe Live and Cathe OnDemand are also available on Fire TV.
Tutorials below cover how to connect your iOS device directly to your TV using cables, watching video streamed to your television through Apple TV (version 2 or newer), Roku and Google Cast (aka Chromecast), and adjusting video quality in the Cathe OnDemand iOS app.
Streaming Videos to Your Television
Using a Wired Connection to Your TV from iPhones and iPads
Streaming from iOS Devices to Your Apple TV
Setting Up Google Cast on iOS and Android
Setting Up Google Cast on Your Computer
- This tutorial takes you from your initial set-up of your new Chromecast device through watching Cathe Videos. If you already have your device set up, you can advance the video to 2:26 to learn how to watch your Cathe Videos.
Setting up Chromecast Streaming from iOS and Android Devices to a Chromecast Device
- Both our iOS and Android apps for Cathe Live and Cathe OnDemand now support Chromecast. To watch on your device, begin to play a video and then look for the cast icon in our video player and tap it. Tap on the name of your Chromecast device or television with built-in Chromecast to instantly start casting the video.
Using Cathe OnDemand and Cathe Live Apps on Roku Devices
How to Install and Use the Cathe OnDemand v2 App on Your Roku
If you have a Roku 3+ or newer device and would like to view Cathe’s OnDemand channel on it, first make sure that you have an active Cathe OnDemand subscription and then follow these steps:
- To get our Cathe Live app on your Roku, click on the following link and follow the Roku instructions (you will have to log in to your Roku account, so have your credentials ready): RV9VR59
- Press the “OK” button in your web browser, then press the “Add Channel” button.
- It normally takes about 24 hours for the channel to appear on your Roku, but if you’d like to speed that up, go to Settings > System > System Update on your device. Cathe OnDemand will appear in your channel list when the process completes.
- Last, on your Roku scroll until you see our Cathe OnDemand app and select it. Log in using the same user name and password you use in all of our apps and to log in to your streaming account on our site.
*Our OnDemand videos have only been tested on Roku 3 devices and newer (although Roku will let you install the channel on older/lower model devices—there is no way for us to control this). Older Roku devices may not work correctly because of their inability to decode high quality HD video reliably.
How to Install and Use the Cathe Live App on Your Roku
Our new Cathe Live Roku channel utilizes the latest Roku codebase and can be used on multiple Roku devices. To get our Cathe Live app on your Roku first log in to your Roku account on your computer. Then just click on the following link and follow the Roku instructions: DHPLJGV
Lastly, on your Roku scroll until you see our Cathe Live app and select it. Log in using the same user name and password you use in all of our apps and to log in to your streaming account on our site.
*New Cathe Live workouts will take longer to appear on Roku ( usually 2 -5 weeks weeks later) than they do on our other apps, but once IBM makes some improvements to their API this will no longer be an issue.
Using the Cathe OnDemand iOS App
Adjusting Video Quality on the iOS App
Using Our Online Workout Blender
Creating a Workout Using the Workout Blender
Sharing Your Workouts Using the Workout Blender
Using Cathe OnDemand and Cathe Live Apps on Apple TV 4+
*The following instructions for our Apple TVOS apps are only for people who signed up on our website, not Apple’s. If you signed up through Apple you will need to follow their instructions which are the same for every app.
1) Turn on your Apple TV
2) Scroll to Apple App Store and click on it.
3) Click on search located on top right of screen.
4) Type “cathe” in the search bar. (App will now show up underneath the search bar.)
5) Scroll over and Click the Cathe app you want to install and a new screen will come up.
6) (on this new screen) Click install. This will start installing the app on your Apple TV.
7) Once this is done installing it will say open where it once said install. Click on where it says open.
8) You are now in the app. Sign in with your username and password and select and click log in