Welcome to the tutorial section for Cathe Live and our OnDemand videos.
Cathe OnDemand and Cathe Live are available for viewing on the web, and Cathe OnDemand can be viewed through our iOS App (for iPhones, iPods and iPads running iOS 9 or newer), our Android App, our tvOS App (for Apple TV version 4 or newer), or our Roku App (for Roku 3 or newer). Both Cathe Live and Cathe OnDemand are also available on Fire TV.
Tutorials below cover how to connect your iOS device directly to your TV using cables, watching video streamed to your television through Apple TV (version 2 or newer), Roku and Google Cast (aka Chromecast), and adjusting video quality in the Cathe OnDemand iOS app.
Streaming Videos to Your Television
Using a Wired Connection to Your TV from iPhones and iPads
Streaming from iOS Devices to Your Apple TV
Setting Up Google Cast on iOS and Android
Setting Up Google Cast on Your Computer
Setting up Streaming from iOS Devices to a Chromecast Device
Since Google removed support for viewing video via Chromecast from its own Chrome browser on iOS devices, independent developers have had to create apps to accomplish what was once very easy. The easiest of these third party apps that we have found to view both live and recorded Cathe Live videos is MomoCast. This app is actually a full web browser, and you will use it just like Safari or Chrome on your iOS device. Here’s what you need to do:
- After installing the app from the App Store, launch it and type the address https://cathe.com/stream into the address field at the top of the browser to get to the Cathe Live website.
- Use the “hamburger” icon in the top right corner of the web page to go to “My Account,” log in, then tap it again to go to “Cathe Live” to view all of the live videos.
- Now, before you begin playing a video, tap on the Chromecast icon in the upper right corner of the app (it’s red and looks like a small TV screen) and choose your Chromecast device. Make sure that your iOS device is on the same wireless network as your Chromecast or your Chromecast will not show up as available. Once you finish this, you are ready to cast video.
- Now, tap on the Cathe Live video you’d like to play and it should automatically start playing on your TV via Chromecast.
- In “free” mode, the app will only play video for a short time before stopping. You will need to make the in-app purchase to “Pro” to disable this behavior. Tap on the stacked dots in the upper right corner of the screen and tap “Upgrade to Pro” in order to do this. The cost is $1.99.
Using Cathe OnDemand and Cathe Live Apps on Roku Devices
How to Install and Use the Cathe OnDemand v2 App on Your Roku
If you have a Roku 3+ or newer device and would like to view Cathe’s OnDemand channel on it, first make sure that you have an active Cathe OnDemand subscription and then follow these steps:
- To get our Cathe Live app on your Roku, click on the following link and follow the Roku instructions (you will have to log in to your Roku account, so have your credentials ready): RV9VR59
- Press the “OK” button in your web browser, then press the “Add Channel” button.
- It normally takes about 24 hours for the channel to appear on your Roku, but if you’d like to speed that up, go to Settings > System > System Update on your device. Cathe OnDemand will appear in your channel list when the process completes.
- Last, on your Roku scroll until you see our Cathe OnDemand app and select it. Log in using the same user name and password you use in all of our apps and to log in to your streaming account on our site.
*Our OnDemand videos have only been tested on Roku 3 devices and newer (although Roku will let you install the channel on older/lower model devices—there is no way for us to control this). Older Roku devices may not work correctly because of their inability to decode high quality HD video reliably.
How to Install and Use the Cathe Live App on Your Roku
Our new Cathe Live Roku channel utilizes the latest Roku codebase and can be used on multiple Roku devices. To get our Cathe Live app on your Roku first log in to your Roku account on your computer. Then just click on the following link and follow the Roku instructions: DHPLJGV
Lastly, on your Roku scroll until you see our Cathe Live app and select it. Log in using the same user name and password you use in all of our apps and to log in to your streaming account on our site.
*New Cathe Live workouts will take longer to appear on Roku ( usually 2 -5 weeks weeks later) than they do on our other apps, but once IBM makes some improvements to their API this will no longer be an issue.
Using the Cathe OnDemand iOS App
Adjusting Video Quality on the iOS App
Using Our Online Workout Blender
Creating a Workout Using the Workout Blender
Sharing Your Workouts Using the Workout Blender
Using Cathe OnDemand and Cathe Live Apps on Apple TV 4+
*The following instructions for our Apple TVOS apps are only for people who signed up on our website, not Apple’s. If you signed up through Apple you will need to follow their instructions which are the same for every app.
1) Turn on your Apple TV
2) Scroll to Apple App Store and click on it.
3) Click on search located on top right of screen.
4) Type “cathe” in the search bar. (App will now show up underneath the search bar.)
5) Scroll over and Click the Cathe app you want to install and a new screen will come up.
6) (on this new screen) Click install. This will start installing the app on your Apple TV.
7) Once this is done installing it will say open where it once said install. Click on where it says open.
8) You are now in the app. Sign in with your username and password and select and click log in