2 chicken breasts; bone in skin off
½ TBS. coconut oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 -15 oz. can diced or crushed tomatoes
2-5 dried chipotle chiles, chopped (remove seeds to reduce heat intensity)
• Cover chicken breasts with water and cook for one hour, or until very soft. For an easy weeknight preparation put chicken breasts in crockpot in the morning, cover with water and cook until you get home.
• Sautee onions and garlic in coconut oil until soft and turning brown.
• Add diced or crushed tomatoes and ¼ cup of water.
• Add chipotle chiles and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until thickening
• Remove chicken from bones and add to tomato mixture. Shred chicken thoroughly.
• Mix well.
• Serve as tostadas, or on a bed of mixed greens
Send Us Your Healthy Recipe:
*Help us build our community by submitting your healthy recipe today. If your submission is selected for our “Weekly Healthy Recipe” featured in our Weekly Newsletter you will also receive a $100 gift certificate that also may be used at www.shopcathe.com (presale items excluded). | Submit Your Recipe |