2 Wooden skewers
2 Small boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Green Bell pepper cut into small pieces
1 Purple Onion cut into small pieces
1 Zucchini cut into small pieces
(or veggie mix of your choice!)
Uncle Ben’s Long Grain and Wild Rice
1. Soak wooden skewers in cold water for about an hour before adding chicken and veggies. This will keep them from catching on fire when they are on the grill!
2. Cut chicken breasts into small chunks.
3. Cut all the veggies into small pieces.
4. Take the skewer and alternate chicken and veggie for even cooking. Rub with olive oil (keeps chicken from sticking to the grill ) and season as desired. I use Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and Seasoned Pepper.
5. Preheat either gas or charcoal grill.
6. Once grill is heated, place skewers on the grill and cook for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature is at 170 degrees.
7. While kabobs are cooking, prepare rice according the package directions. The rice usually takes around 25 minutes, so its ready when the kabobs come off the grill.
8. Serve kabob over a 1 cup of rice.
9. This recipe is for 2 servings, but it can easily be doubled or tripled, you just need more skewers, chicken, veggies and rice! Great for a backyard cookout with friends and kids love kabobs too! They’ll enjoy eating their veggies!