I love you Cathe but I am tired of waiting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the preorders the way they are done now too.

The only thing I think could have been done differently was back when STS was first announced (was that back In October of 2007?) it could have been stressed that this series may take a full ~YEAR~ or longer
to be released.
The presale started in January and many people were speculating we would have it by May...then July....

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

The presale actually started around Jan 15th 2008. We were very careful at that time to warn everyone on our presale launch page "not to preorder unless they were willing to wait a very long time" We also stated that presales are intended for customers who have been purchasing our workouts for a long time and trust us to deliver a quality product. Our policy is not to give dates or time frames as they are not something we know or have any confidence in being correct.

We realize that many people guessed on a delivery date, but these dates ranged from a few months to well over a year and were just speculation on their part. If you look at the history of our presales you will find that on smaller projects it always takes us anywhere from 3 months to 7 months after filming to finish a project and bring it to market. STS has been in post for only 8 1/2 months which we realize is a long time for most customers, but actually incredibly fast for a production of 41 DVDs done at very high standard. This is only a few months longer than we normally take in finishing much smaller presale DVD projects.

As a business it would be foolish for us to delay or take our time in releasing a product. We realize that customers are willing to wait only so long, but we are also not willing sacrifice on quality and with us - quality always wins. The only way to reduce post production time is to cut back on the quality of the project.

We will certainly listen to everyones feedback on this issue and take it into consideration if we have another presale in the future.

Last edited:
Geeze! How many times do I have to be reminded how lucky I am to be me, living the life I do, with enough disposable income to allow me to partake in Cathe preorders and such because, in the grand scheme of things, these problems are trivial....

News flash! We know that people! We don't need it pointed out to us every time we post a complaint on the Cathe forum!:rolleyes:

Um, believe Runnin’ Teach was only posting her opinion on the topic like everyone else here? Must we be so uncouth when posting our view on the situation?

Nothing wrong with discussing differing opinions, however; the problems on these boards it seems, IMO, are too many individuals posting personal attacks that of course create ill feelings, which then divert the posts from the original point.

“Do unto others as you would have others do unto you”……….;)

The OP posted the following(and I'm paraphrasing):

I'm tired of waiting. The pre-sale has gone on too long.

A difference of opinion would be:

I'm okay with the pre-sale the way it is.

This, however, is not a difference of opinion:

I'm tired of waiting. The pre-sale has gone on too long.

Why don't you cancel? Stop whining. Don't you have bigger things to worry about?

That is an attack on the OP's opinion. Again, it is not *differing opinions.* It is telling the OP that her feelings are invalid. It is dismissive and rude.

If people want to debate the merits of different pre-sale methods, great. But telling one person that her feelings are *wrong* seems unfair.

Everyday in the OD forum there are threads about finding jeans that fit, or neighbors that are irritating or some random comment that a bank teller made to someone. And I ask all of those people who come here to vent or gather information or look for support how they would feel if the day they asked for help or opinions someone responded by telling them *don't you have bigger things to worry about* or *if this is your biggest problem you should feel grateful* how would you really feel?

You'd be hurt. Someone would be telling you that your feelings seem unimportant.

Just because I don't think something is a big deal doesn't mean it isn't to the person posting. Every day people post things that seem ridiculous to me but I never feel the need to tell them that I think their concerns are silly. I just don't see the value in that.

Quote<We also stated that presales are intended for customers who have been purchasing our workouts for a long time and trust us to deliver a quality product. Our policy is not to give dates or time frames as they are not something we know or have any confidence in being correct.> Quote

I understand this but Cathe is picking up newbies all the time. I for instance bought the gymstyle series through Collage Video a few years back. I had no idea who Cathe was before that time or that she had a website.
STS was the first presale i participated in so I had no idea how long it takes to make a workout dvd and get it released.
I was just saying that we first heard about the STS series I thought around October of 2007. (I was thinking right around halloween, turns out it was November. so I wasn't too far off).

Anyway, saying at that time that STS would take at least a year or more before we get STS is not a definite release date actually it is pretty vague but it would have given many of us newbies a heads up.

Thanks to Cathe and everyone at SNM for all you do and Merry Christmas.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Announcing STS - Cathe's Next Filming Project!

STS - It's not just a workout - it's a workout system!

We’re less than 90 days away from beginning the filming of what we feel will truly be one of the most unique workout systems Cathe or anybody has ever filmed. The new system is called Shock Training System (STS) and consists of 9 heavy weight strength training workouts along with a new Cathe core DVD called Ab Circuits ( a series of six ab/core workouts to support this system).

I do remember customers hoping to get it by summer and posting it their expectations on the forum. That was the time when SNM could have stepped in and said, we don't know when it will be ready, but it definitely won't be ready this summer. I think that may be why there are so many disappointed/frustrated customers - they feel like they've been waiting for a very long time because their expectations were that STS would be ready long before it actually will be delivered.

Erica

The reason we don't respond to questions like will STS be finished by the summer is that at that time we had no idea on how much longer the project would take and even if we had answered by saying "no" the next question would have been "then when will it be"?

We have learned through the years that whenever we guess about a release date were always overly optimistic and nearly always wrong. And this just causes more problems than our current way does. I don't think there is a perfect solution to this issue, but I do find not stating dates to cause far less problems than in the past when we used to give estimated dates and were always wrong.

We did everything we could think of this time to keep everyone informed of our progress including this forum which has now nearly 6000 threads. We even listed all the steps necessary to finish STS and have kept everyone informed of where we're in the process. The problem I guess is you have some people who read everything, but many who understandably don't have the time to read about the progress.

I'm not sure if there really is a solution to this problem, but your feedback is appreciated and we will see if we can improve things if we have another presale.

I'm not sure if there really is a solution to this problem, but your feedback is appreciated and we will see if we can improve things if we have another presale.

Hey, this is the 2nd time you've mentioned that. Heads up everyone....

I for one would like to see pre-sales continue.

Um, believe Runnin’ Teach was only posting her opinion on the topic like everyone else here? Must we be so uncouth when posting our view on the situation?

“Do unto others as you would have others do unto you”……….;)

Sorry! I stand by my sarcastic comment. And I do live by that "do unto others" philosophy.;)

Well said Pippa.

WOW!!! What a thread!!!

haha - what an amazing thread this was to read this afternoon.

I am not going to remark on the responses, debates, arguements, etc about the STS project. I am just going to offer my perspective of the STS production.

1. I pre-ordered the product just for the discount. Yep - I am cheap like that. haha. I knew it would be a while until it came out. I really didn't care how long it took b/c I assumed I would want to order it in the future and if I missed the presale then I would have been mad at paying full price.

It is like when I am stuck in traffic on the Schuylkill Expressway (anyone from Philly would know how horribly infuriating that is). Although the cars are not moving, I know deep down eventually they will get going and so then will I. It is impossible for me to sit in traffic FOREVER. So, while I am waiting I just say to myself, it is not like I am going to sit here forever. So then I said the same thing with STS - it is not like I am going to wait forever. It will get done eventually and then it will get to my doorstep. PLUS - I read in the other posts that I save $110. YAY for that.

2. I did not realize I had already paid for it. I thought my card would get charged when it shipped. Ok - so I learned that I should have paid more attention to my credit card. Fine by me because I had actually tucked away the $200 in my savings account for when the bill came in. ha! Now I am $200 richer. thanks for that!

3. I enjoyed stopping by the cathe.com site to check for updates on the sts blog. How exciting it was to see an update! haha! Then I would go the forum and read some posts and reply here and there. Plus I got comfortable enough with the people here to post a few questions of my own. Thanks to everyone for your responses - whether I agree with you or not, I am glad you cared enough to read my thoughts and questions and had cared enough to voice an opinion. Every thought, positive or negative helps.

4. I am really happy with how much attention was given to the sts project. A blog, a forum, updates, tips, advice, a manual too!!!! I live for manuals, booklets, and guides. haha! I think snm did a great job. I don't think many companies would have stepped up like they have over the past year.

To tell you the truth, I really salivating over the release of the workout blender. I cannot wait until I can mix my own workouts and take them to the gym on my iPod. OMG!!! Talk about having an awesome trainer with you!

Ok - Happy Holidays everyone!!! Happy New Year!!!

I have preorded 4 series of Cathe's and everytime a thread like this has come up, so next time, someone can just revive this one and save time on posting and reading :D

I WAIT JUST TO REAP THE PRESALE SAVINGS!

While I would love to have STS tomorrow, I am willing to wait because STS is a HUGE undertaking and Cathe does nothing but the best productions.

Of course, I am very, very happy to get the presale prices!

I love the opportunity to buy STS on presale! And, because I purchased it back in the spring, I *also* have built up my dvd budget again so that I can purchase new/old Cathe dvds. My biggest concern right now is, when STS comes, how can I live without like Butts and Guts, Pyramid, Meaner Legs, and KPC for three months??? Though, I suspect once STS starts, my body will be too tired to contemplate those other dvds :D

The Money I've saved on pre-order....

My pre-order savings is going to PURCHASE my Cathe Tower.

Now THAT is worth waiting for....... :)

Merry Xmas everyone!!!
Here's my situation (and I believe it applies to most of us who live ouside the US). We don't wanna spend tons of money on UPS so we'll get STS through the mail, probably 2-3 weeks after you guys get it!... And still, we pre-ordered... There's tons of Cathe DVDs (got 4DS a couple of weeks ago and added it to my rotation) so there's plenty to do before STS goes out. And don't forget STS is a weight lifting program... so you better get ready for it! Don't rush things!!!
I've only been a Cathe fan for 1 year and I can tell the work and research that goes into each and every DVD. Imagine 41!!! It would be unrealistic (even if SNM never gave a precise release date) to even believe that STS would have been ready in less than 6-8 months. Besides, when people asked about the pull-up tower SNM said that it would be ready in the fall BEFORE STS would be released. What does that tell us?... That STS won't be out until the end of the year. Common sense, guys...:D

Chris.

P.S. Whoever's angry, frustrated or anxious, they can take it out by pumping weights when they get STS! :)

Merry Christmas everyone!
I just wanted to add that both STS and the new pull-up bar are so innovative and creative. I'm just so happy that someone took the time to create both of these great products for us home exercisers. Great things take time, and really are worth waiting patiently for IMO. Also, for me, the preorder price was a GREAT deal, and I don't mind putting up the money up front at all. I think funding is a necessary part for such a large endeavor. These days the price I paid for STS is only really the price of a couple nice meals out or two tickets to a concert (and I personnally would rather have STS).

STS

Good things come to those who wait. I was just on Collagevideo.com and saw STS on sale there. It seems we really got a good deal by getting in on the pre-sale price. There are some pieces of equipment they use that I currently don't have so I'll need to stock up (e.g., pullup tower). Also, waiting for the STS videos to ship is giving me time to recover from Christmas...I am so glad I pre-ordered it, STS looks like it will be quite awesome.

It has taken longer than I expected by a long shot but I am not unhappy at all other than just anticipating their arrival. I just wanted to put my two cents in and say I love the presales and I hope they don't change at all in the future. It's so worth the savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.