I love you Cathe but I am tired of waiting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncustard

Cathlete
Cathe Fans: Please forgive me. I love Cathe too and I consider myself a loyal fan.

Cathe: I am tired of waiting. It has been almost a year. I am feeling frustrated with the delays. I need a pick-me-up in this economy. Please have some good news sooner than later.

Thanks,

Rhonda

Last edited:
Rhonda,
I am a bit bummed too. I was hoping to start STS on January 4th but that doesn't look like that is going to happen.
So now I am trying to decide what to do. Not that I don't have plenty to choose from. I do. I just have to get my mind around that it won't be what I wanted to do.
So I don't have a pick-me-up for you.... just commiserating with you

Saundra

So grateful that I got mine on initial presale pricing!

Good things come to those who wait.

I'm waiting for the best!!!!!

It will seem like no time at all that we've waited....once they are in our awaiting hands!!!

It will have been SOOOOooooooo worth the wait.

Cathe Fans: Please forgive me. I love Cathe too and I consider myself a loyal fan.

Cathe: I am tired of waiting. It has been almost a year. I am feeling frustrated with the delays. I need a pick-me-up in this economy. Please have some good news sooner than later.

Thanks,

Rhonda

We certainly realize that it has been a long time, but there really hasn't been any real delays. STS is a huge project and to film, edit and score music to 41 DVDs simply takes a long time. This is why when we started the presale we were very careful to warn everyone that this project would take a very long time and not to preorder unless you were willing to wait. We were also careful not to promise a date certain for delivery.

About two months ago we did give our best guess of a delivery date sometime in December, but this was only our best guess at that time. We still may make a December launch, but as we have said most recently an early January release is the most likely time. We would love to give you a date certain, but this is not how the DVD replication process works. Just think of how many times you have heard a company promise a delivery date only to have to extend it several times. This is because there are just too many variables and too many things that can go wrong to give an absolute date certain.

We too are anxious to finish this project and get everyone their DVDs and that is why we've been working on STS seven days a week since we finished filming. Anything that can be done to speed up the process without sacrificing quality is already being done. We will continue to give everyone updates on how things are going and when we think shipping will begin, but until SONY has finished the production runs for all 41 DVDs the ship date will be somewhat fluid.

I have to say, although I'm SUPER excited to start my STS routine, I am willing to wait and totally understand that this process is a gigantic undertaking so I will not complain an ounce :) I remember Cathe saying during the road trip this summer that this is the largest undertaking that they've ever committed to but that nobody else in the industry has yet to accomplish such a huge project. So - in my opinion, we should all feel very luck to be part of a groundbreaking project which will hopefully have groundbreaking impacts on each of our lives (and bodies!). Just my two cents - keep it up Cathe and crew!! I have 100% faith in you all! :D

Good things come to those who wait! I firmly believe that STS will be well worth the wait...so keep it up SNM (but make sure you have some time Cathe & crew to sample some eggnog or something :D)
So for now, hunkered down inside, pretty much snowed in...so 1RM, here I come!
I figure I've waited this long, what's another 2-4 weeks for a solid, well done and researched product that will stand the test of time
just another 2 cents
julie

...when we started the presale we were very careful to warn everyone that this project would take a very long time and not to preorder unless you were willing to wait. We were also careful not to promise a date certain for delivery.

You surpassed the 'long time' mark at least 4 months ago. Sorry.

Just think of how many times you have heard a company promise a delivery date only to have to extend it several times.
To be honest? Not many.

And I've never known a company to hold onto this much money for close to a year with the explanation, "We told you it would be a long time."

Perhaps next time you might want to be further along in the production process, and have a better idea of time lines before starting the presale.

At the VERY least, if you're going to use presale monies to fund the cost of production - BE UP FRONT ABOUT IT. You should also be able to give a reasonable estimate of when they're investment will be re-couped. "A long time" is certainly subject to interpretation.

I've worked in production...I know it takes a long time, but network television series have shorter production timelines than STS...

I've also been on the business side of things, and I think taking money a year in advance, with no realistic timeline or definition of 'long time' is poor.

I have many Cathe dvd's, and will continue to be a fan of hers as an instructor, but these recent business practices need to be cleaned up BIG TIME, imo.

Again, I'm sure I'll be happy with the final product, but I'd also like to feel good about the company I'm dealing with. Unfortunately, I don't.

In all fairness...it could be the way you address people on the boards that is adding insult to injury, too.

Last edited:
I know we have all waited an extraordinaily long time and I will still wait. I think the problem is this. In September there was a blog update that said this:

We expect to have STS released and shipped in time for Christmas. This of course is a guestimated time frame that, only up until now, do we feel comfortable and confident enough to share with you. As we have stated before, prior to this announcement, there were too many variables that needed to be considered and developed before an STS release date could even be calculated. And now that we have finally reached that point it appears that it “tis the season to be jolly” after all.

So, even understanding that many viariables can arise that would impact the actual release date, many of us got our hopes very high based on this info to start STS at the first of the year. And now, without any kind of info that said one or some of those variables have indeed come up, we know that most of us (all of us) will NOT have STS by the first of the year.

I had made plans with my trainer based on the STS Xmas info to stop working with her and shift to STS, so she has taken me out of her schedule and booked in other clients. :( I guess I would hope (ask?) for a little more info, very honest info, of where STS stands. Many of us like to plan out workouts, and the last blog update IIRC mentioned shipping between 12/17 and 1/7 -- does that still stand? If not, please just tell us. I don't mind waiting longer, but I would like to plan ahead on what I'll be doing, on my own, with a trainer, with STS, whatever. So honestly, do you think STS will ship within that stated window?

If all we have to worry about in our lives right now is when STS is being delivered..........than I say we are lucky.

KarenL

I don't understand all of the animosity here. I preordered STS b/c I wanted the best deal. I did not do it with any time frame expectations...just knew it will be here at some point. To my knowledge, there has never been an announcement of when to definitely expect it. Personnally, I have better things to do in my life than ponder, harrass, to keep up with every little bit every written on STS and its impending arrival. It will be here. Do you think they are purposefully sitting on it and taking their time, that they WANT to read all of these posts full of anger and frustration??? Seriously. They are doing the best that they can. If you needed a sure thing, then you should have waited until its completion, ordered it and had it sent to you then. It would have cost more but for some of you, it may have saved years off your life with all of they worry and high blood pressure you must be experiencing :rolleyes:

I know we have all waited an extraordinaily long time and I will still wait. I think the problem is this. In September there was a blog update that said this:

We expect to have STS released and shipped in time for Christmas. This of course is a guestimated time frame that, only up until now, do we feel comfortable and confident enough to share with you. As we have stated before, prior to this announcement, there were too many variables that needed to be considered and developed before an STS release date could even be calculated. And now that we have finally reached that point it appears that it “tis the season to be jolly” after all.

So, even understanding that many viariables can arise that would impact the actual release date, many of us got our hopes very high based on this info to start STS at the first of the year. And now, without any kind of info that said one or some of those variables have indeed come up, we know that most of us (all of us) will NOT have STS by the first of the year.

I had made plans with my trainer based on the STS Xmas info to stop working with her and shift to STS, so she has taken me out of her schedule and booked in other clients. :( I guess I would hope (ask?) for a little more info, very honest info, of where STS stands. Many of us like to plan out workouts, and the last blog update IIRC mentioned shipping between 12/17 and 1/7 -- does that still stand? If not, please just tell us. I don't mind waiting longer, but I would like to plan ahead on what I'll be doing, on my own, with a trainer, with STS, whatever. So honestly, do you think STS will ship within that stated window?

Our last Blog update actually had an estimated shipping date of 12-27-08 to 1-7-08. Nothing has changed since then, but understand this is only our best estimate at this time. You've asked in you response that we provide honest answers of where we are in the project and that is exactly what we have done with numerous Blog updates and hundreds of responses in this forum. Keep in mind we can never give you a date certain on any production run until after the production is completed and we have been notified of when to expect delivery. This is why we don't like to give estimated dates as many people take them as firm delivery dates.

I worked in the independent film industry for a few years

And, I have got to tell you that a project of this magnitude is tremendous and the fact that they are coming out in January is a feat to be applauded. I've worked on films three years ago that are still in post! And they were only 90 minute long scripts! 41 discs of material is astronomical, especially when writing original music rather than merely using canned/stock music (which would still have been a major project.) I personally have not ordered sts because I'm really too much of a beginner and am not at that point yet. However, as soon as I can afford it, you can bet thats what I'm going to be getting (after 4-DS and a few other things.) I am beyond impressed that Cathe and her team took on this project. Truly, I am just in awe. :D

Nothing has changed since then, but understand this is only our best estimate at this time.

Yep - completely understood it is only your best estimate! Thanks for that and I know we will def keep our hopes high that it works that way. I hope my question didn't come across as questioning your integrity, and I am sorry if it did. I know that as we get close to what we all hope pans out as the launch date, it seems that more drama unfolds, which nobody needs. I think your reiteration of the fact that none of those unanticipated delay variables has arisen helps a lot. We all know this is a massive undertaking, and will hope that it continues to flow smoothly as you get closer. Good luck.

You surpassed the 'long time' mark at least 4 months ago. Sorry.

To be honest? Not many.

And I've never known a company to hold onto this much money for close to a year with the explanation, "We told you it would be a long time."

Perhaps next time you might want to be further along in the production process, and have a better idea of time lines before starting the presale.

At the VERY least, if you're going to use presale monies to fund the cost of production - BE UP FRONT ABOUT IT. You should also be able to give a reasonable estimate of when they're investment will be re-couped. "A long time" is certainly subject to interpretation.

I've worked in production...I know it takes a long time, but network television series have shorter production timelines than STS...

I've also been on the business side of things, and I think taking money a year in advance, with no realistic timeline or definition of 'long time' is poor.

I have many Cathe dvd's, and will continue to be a fan of hers as an instructor, but these recent business practices need to be cleaned up BIG TIME, imo.

Again, I'm sure I'll be happy with the final product, but I'd also like to feel good about the company I'm dealing with. Unfortunately, I don't.

In all fairness...it could be the way you address people on the boards that is adding insult to injury, too.

If you are that unhappy about the way things are being handled and how long it is taking then just cancel your order. This way your money will be back in your account and you will have nothing to complain about.

Yep - completely understood it is only your best estimate! Thanks for that and I know we will def keep our hopes high that it works that way. I hope my question didn't come across as questioning your integrity, and I am sorry if it did. I know that as we get close to what we all hope pans out as the launch date, it seems that more drama unfolds, which nobody needs. I think your reiteration of the fact that none of those unanticipated delay variables has arisen helps a lot. We all know this is a massive undertaking, and will hope that it continues to flow smoothly as you get closer. Good luck.

We really haven't had any abnormal things go wrong with the post production of STS, but perhaps it would be helpful if we were to clarify this point.

What we mean by "variables" is just the normal tasks that are necessary to bring a DVD to the replication phase. Sure, abnormal things can happen too, but let's hope they don't. Let me give you an example of what we mean.

Let’s say we were to hire you to write and record the music for STS. We tell you that the music must go with the workout and that our customers are very demanding when it comes to music so it has to be top notch. We also want the music to be synced to the exercise and by the way there are over 1200 exercises and 1200 breaks that need music scored to them. How long will it take you? Well, I’m sure you will do your best to give us answer on how long it will take to create and score the music, but you will probably be wrong. There is no way for you to know if Cathe will approve a piece of music on the first try or reject it. (In fact, many pieces of music in STS were rejected many times by Cathe before being approved or tossed). There is also no way for you to know how long it will take you to create all the pieces of music that we will need. Creativity does not follow a predictable or precise timeline. As you start to write the music and start to interact with Cathe on a daily basis problems will occur with the music that you never thought of and chances are you will not be able to deliver the music when you had hoped to. This is just one example of what goes on in coming up with a timeline for the release of STS. There are many other variables that are also just as hard to define and this is why we’re so reluctant to give out release dates.

We know everyone is anxious to get started, but we really couldn’t work any harder than we have or hire a better production company than NFL Films. We have now been in post for about 8 ½ months and though this would be a long time if we had filmed a few DVDs with standard canned music it is actually remarkably fast for 41 DVDs with custom scored music. NFL Films is one of the few companies on the planet that is capable of doing a production of this quality this fast and they have had day and evening crews working on STS since filming ended. So, be assured we're doing our best and the wait will soon be over.

I, for one, am patiently awaiting STS - but I'm not one of the early pre-sale orders, so maybe it is easier for me. Plus, I can't start it until mid-February anyway. From what Cathe and SNM have been saying (especially the most recent post on this thread from SNM) - this is an all-consumming project and I am very pleased that they are paying such attention to detail and are not willing to send us an inferior product. Thanks Cathe and SNM - for all you are doing and for putting up with all our whining!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.