I love you Cathe but I am tired of waiting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next workout

Gee, I don't know if I agree. As long as we keep "screaming and hounding" for more and more new workouts - Cathe and Co. can keep making deposits into their bank accounts. :D

I hope Cathe never gets tired of her fit-fan-base wanting more and more of her outstanding workouts. I don't think I will ever have enough dvds to keep me happy; and I have every one of her workouts. I love variety, especially in cardio. My wish would be that Cathe would produce a 41 dvd set of pure cardio workouts. Hey, I can dream, can't I.

My only complaint - if you can call it that - with the long pre-order is that my initial excitment over the project has waned. Mostly because I feel like I have post-poned the great results I could be getting from STS for an entire year.

Happy Holidays,
Debbie Russo

Waiting...

I too, am waiting for STS to be delivered! I'm trying to use this time to get to the 1 Rep Max testing done, I'm dragging my feet on this!!
Lisa

While I understand some people don't want to read the complaints from others, I guess I'm one of those people who doesn't quite understand the complaints about and to those with the concerns.

I want Cathe to succeed, and I think one of the best ways to do that is to ensure that she retains as many users of her DVDs as possible. Obviously, this STS system has been a long time in coming, and I can say from first-hand experience that alot can change in a year in terms of a person's finances, moods, where they are on their fitness journey, etc.

I pre-ordered when STS first went on sale, cancelled my pre-order when I found I was going to be moving across the world (and didn't know when the DVDs would ship, so didn't want them lost in the mail somewhere while I was still trying to find a place to live), re-ordered after seeing some of the clips, etc. And where I'm at in my fitness journey happens to be much more conducive to STS than where I was a year ago, so, right now, the lengthy production time has worked well for me.

But I can understand it might not have worked as well for others. And I think instead of simply saying 'Cancel your order' to those with concerns, information like what SNM provided (the savings offered because of the presale) may actually give somebody who is disappointed with the lengthy production time a little bit of perspective that they otherwise might be missing had they simply kept quiet and cancelled their order without any input or feedback on these forums. So, for me, I'd rather see the concerns voiced and perhaps addressed if it keeps people interested in Cathe's DVDs because, as I said above, I want Cathe to succeed. And if SNM learns a better process along the way, that's not a bad thing either (though I really have no complaints about the current process).

Again, for me, the long production time has worked well because I'm settled into a new home, I'm more fit than I was a year ago, and I'm ready to start this program. But I recognize that others may not be in the same place. I just hope they understand that things DO change over time. To those disappointed who might have saved that $110, I think it might be worth holding on to this pre-order because even if things aren't where the system looks interesting or doable right now for a particular reason, I say if there is one truth to this life, it is that things change. So this year-long wait and such may look like a very good deal at some future date.

I don't usually like to get involved in these discussions. But I just want to say that its OK to voice frustation. It is good for SNM to hear all sides and to continually reassess their business practices. I own my own business and I often learn things from my clients that I had not considered. Feedback is good.

I agree with you 100%. A good business practice needs to hear it all. To the OP, I'm sorry you've been jumped on. I consider myself a fan of Cathe's workouts and I enjoy and use her workouts and I appreciate the thought and effort she puts into all her productions but the OP addressed this to Cathe/SNM and she simply voiced a complaint that many have and are afraid to post about.

I think in your comparison you failed to mention a very important difference. When we have a presale we offer some very substantial discounts not just 10%. In the case of STS if you ordered in the very beginning you received a discount of over $110. Yes, you have to wait a long time, but we tell you that up front so there should be no surprises.

We certainly could change the way we do presales and this is something we will certainly consider in the future as we hear you. But understand the discounts will not be as great. A 10% discount on STS would only be $29.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze do not change your presale practices! It gives people like me (with not a lot of spare cash) an opportunity to own the very best work out DVDs in the biz!!! The discounts are worth every hour, day, week, month, or YEAR that I have to wait.

As I mentioned earlier, I encourage people to bring their concerns directly to SNM so that they can be addressed. I agree with others that hearing all the input brings insight to SNM. However, as often happens on a public forum, this thread went through an ebb and flow of its own. Once this thread evolved into an issue about the way the presales are conducted, everyone has the right to voice their opinion because it affects them.

I completely understand that people will feel differently than I do about the pre-order process and about the STS program. My input is not personal, it is a financial decision. I have an interest in keeping the presale process the way it has always been because I enjoy the discount offered and I don't have a problem complying with the terms. So, I’m going to speak up because if I don’t, then I’m working against my best interest. I’m not offended in any way nor do I feel attacked or jumped on if other people voice a different opinion; let the people speak so that SNM can take everything into consideration.

jordan

As I mentioned earlier, I encourage people to bring their concerns directly to SNM so that they can be addressed. I agree with others that hearing all the input brings insight to SNM. However, as often happens on a public forum, this thread went through an ebb and flow of its own. Once this thread evolved into an issue about the way the presales are conducted, everyone has the right to voice their opinion because it affects them.

I completely understand that people will feel differently than I do about the pre-order process and about the STS program. My input is not personal, it is a financial decision. I have an interest in keeping the presale process the way it has always been because I enjoy the discount offered and I don't have a problem complying with the terms. So, I’m going to speak up because if I don’t, then I’m working against my best interest. I’m not offended in any way nor do I feel attacked or jumped on if other people voice a different opinion; let the people speak so that SNM can take everything into consideration.

jordan

The OP was jumped on and pretty much told to stop complaining, told we have too much to be thankful for or other more important things to worry about (of course, not quoting here)...that's not offering a different opinion, that's other's jumping in and addressing a complaint that was directed to Cathe/SNM. You offered a different opinion, others jumped on the OP.

In trivial threads about clothes and entertainment the same argument that others have used here could be used...yes there are much better things to be doing then discussing fitness on a fitness board, or discussing and being entertained at the movies...if you can't complain because we have so much else to worry about or be thankful for then we shouldn't be doing all the other "trivial" things we do, so I don't get this argument directed toward someone who voiced a simple and to the point complaint.

I think it's great that Cathe has so many loyal and devoted fans who would buy anything she offered and would be willing to wait 5 years for it, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to feel the same way nor should they be jumped on for voicing an opnion that is different from the opnions most often voiced on Cathe's forums.

I think my post sounds angry but it's not...just wish all people's opinion's were respected on this forum.

Alrighty then...

The OP was jumped on and pretty much told to stop complaining, told we have too much to be thankful for or other more important things to worry about (of course, not quoting here)...that's not offering a different opinion, that's other's jumping in and addressing a complaint that was directed to Cathe/SNM. You offered a different opinion, others jumped on the OP.

In trivial threads about clothes and entertainment the same argument that others have used here could be used...yes there are much better things to be doing then discussing fitness on a fitness board, or discussing and being entertained at the movies...if you can't complain because we have so much else to worry about or be thankful for then we shouldn't be doing all the other "trivial" things we do, so I don't get this argument directed toward someone who voiced a simple and to the point complaint.

I think it's great that Cathe has so many loyal and devoted fans who would buy anything she offered and would be willing to wait 5 years for it, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to feel the same way nor should they be jumped on for voicing an opnion that is different from the opnions most often voiced on Cathe's forums.

I think my post sounds angry but it's not...just wish all people's opinion's were respected on this forum.

Alrighty then...

I would like to clarify...I do respect the OP's position...and the ideas about the pre-order process that differ from mine. I know we're all eager for the release of STS, but I thought the comment about considering ourselves lucky if this is our biggest concern was just a way of putting things in perspective some, and I appreciated that for my own benefit as much as for anyone else's, not just in regard to STS but in general. I think there's truth in that message and didn't feel it was intended to jump on anyone.

Peace & happy holidays to all--

I would like to clarify...I do respect the OP's position...and the ideas about the pre-order process that differ from mine. I know we're all eager for the release of STS, but I thought the comment about considering ourselves lucky if this is our biggest concern was just a way of putting things in perspective some, and I appreciated that for my own benefit as much as for anyone else's, not just in regard to STS but in general. I think there's truth in that message and didn't feel it was intended to jump on anyone.

Peace & happy holidays to all--

I took the same thought away with those replies. I don't know those posters well enough to read anything else into their posts. I just thought it was a way to put things into perspective and to lighten the mood. For me, the message was about how they were feeling and I can understand and respect that.

It is easy to misinterpret an internet post and I think that is part of what is happening all over these forums lately. For my part, I’m going to try to be more patient and understanding of other posters and try not to be overly sensitive. I may not always agree with others but I can be open minded enough to listen & learn where they are coming from.

I sincerely hope that no one is feeling hurt over anything said in this thread,

jordan

Geeze! How many times do I have to be reminded how lucky I am to be me, living the life I do, with enough disposable income to allow me to partake in Cathe preorders and such because, in the grand scheme of things, these problems are trivial....

News flash! We know that people! We don't need it pointed out to us every time we post a complaint on the Cathe forum!:rolleyes:

I agree w/ gogigi. The voice of dissent gets jumped on around here. I love Cathe workouts and have always participated in her presales, however I cancelled my STS preorder because it's not for me. I'm not going to go into why, but even though I'm keeping it to myself, I don't feel the need to critize those who question SNM's business practices. Their feelings and concerns are valid. Ultimately, it's up to them to decide what to do with their money, but they're looking for answers, and they have the right to ask..

Geeze! How many times do I have to be reminded how lucky I am to be me, living the life I do, with enough disposable income to allow me to partake in Cathe preorders and such because, in the grand scheme of things, these problems are trivial....

News flash! We know that people! We don't need it pointed out to us every time we post a complaint on the Cathe forum!:rolleyes:

Leslie,

Like I said, it wasn't meant to criticize or trivialize the OP's concerns. It happens to be how I approach things in life. Clearly, there are people here who share that mentality, and some who don't. I don't know about what went on in other complaint threads, but I was doing the same as everyone else here[FONT=&quot]—[/FONT]voicing my opinion. Only without rolling my eyes at others.

Leslie,

Like I said, it wasn't meant to criticize or trivialize the OP's concerns. It happens to be how I approach things in life. Clearly, there are people here who share that mentality, and some who don't. I don't know about what went on in other complaint threads, but I was doing the same as everyone else here[FONT=&quot]—[/FONT]voicing my opinion. Only without rolling my eyes at others.

ITA.... We ALL should be able to voice our opinions. Some have said they get slammed for their constructive or negative opinions...Those of us that choose to have positive opinions also deserve the same respect and not be treated as if somethings wrong with us ... Differing points of view are not slams, how things are written may be....This same type of thread is written every time theres a pre-sale. When it started w/ 4DS many of us opted to stay away from forums... Voice your opinion and move on - at least thats MY opinion.;)
Happy Holidays to all - regardless of your opinion! :D

My 2 cents....

I do not feel SNM is doing anything wrong. They always state UP FRONT the conditions of the pre-order. You do not have to order if you do not like the terms. If you DO order then, IMO, you are agreeing to those terms. It's okay to ask questions but to criticize them after you've voluntarily pre-ordered, thereby agreeing to the terms of the sale, seems unfair. In addition, pre-orders are subject to cancellation so if you are that unhappy, you can get your money back.

That being said, if you wish to voice your opinion/criticism of how they handle pre-orders then perhaps it would be more appropriate to email them directly so that your concerns can be handled *privately*.

PS-SNM: I think your pre-order practices are just fine and I don't want you to change them! I think the option to save a bundle on an awesome product is worth the wait!!! Thank you for all that you do! :)

I agree with you 100%. A good business practice needs to hear it all. To the OP, I'm sorry you've been jumped on. I consider myself a fan of Cathe's workouts and I enjoy and use her workouts and I appreciate the thought and effort she puts into all her productions but the OP addressed this to Cathe/SNM and she simply voiced a complaint that many have and are afraid to post about.

I totally agree!!

I like the preorders the way they are done now too.

The only thing I think could have been done differently was back when STS was first announced (was that back In October of 2007?) it could have been stressed that this series may take a full ~YEAR~ or longer
to be released.
The presale started in January and many people were speculating we would have it by May...then July....

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I am sorry if my comment offended people but I, like others, was stating my opinon. Because if differs from others does not mean it is wrong....it is just different. It is how I view life and keep things in perspective. It works for me......it may not work for you and that is fine. There is value in all opinions. Now having said all that, may I wish everyone a lovely holiday season.

KarenL

I like the preorders the way they are done now too.

The only thing I think could have been done differently was back when STS was first announced (was that back In October of 2007?) it could have been stressed that this series may take a full ~YEAR~ or longer
to be released.
The presale started in January and many people were speculating we would have it by May...then July....
I'm sorry to disagree, and I'm not trying to keep an argument going, but I for one had no grand illusions we'd see the STS series as early as May or July. I think most of us are/were well aware that this is a huge undertaking.

I'm sorry to disagree, and I'm not trying to keep an argument going, but I for one had no grand illusions we'd see the STS series as early as May or July. I think most of us are/were well aware that this is a huge undertaking.
Yes, we were aware of that. May/July was definitely wishful thinking/unrealistic.

I think most 'realistic' estimates were September/October...

I do remember customers hoping to get it by summer and posting it their expectations on the forum. That was the time when SNM could have stepped in and said, we don't know when it will be ready, but it definitely won't be ready this summer. I think that may be why there are so many disappointed/frustrated customers - they feel like they've been waiting for a very long time because their expectations were that STS would be ready long before it actually will be delivered.

Erica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.