STS CHECK IN....DISC ONE

Workouts going well

Hi all,

I did Disc One yestereday...biceps are sore today! This morning I did Imax 2 and then a little floorwork from Gym Style legs.

Cheryl

Cathe,
I am so happy (and relieved) to see that you are human!!!!! LOL! I swear doing Disc 1, I had to wonder if you were indeed superhuman. Your post after doing your own workout, I was cracking up with your comments, too too funny!! thanks for being honest with us.
I am on week 2 Disc 5 (as of tomorrow anyway). I am absolutely loving STS. It is such a challenge and doing the 1RM has me doing weights I never would have thought I was capable of doing before. Yes, I sometimes find myself second guessing if I can do it but have faith in the program and go for it anyway and low and behold, 98% of the time I can do it. THe paper plates on the Legs portion, HOLY COW!!! I think I have banned them from future picnics either for the fear of nightmares or it might just possibly make me want to work out!!! I could not believe how hard those were and I am doing them without weights. I aspire to do them with weights but right now think i would fall right over and never get back up!
Can't wait to hear about tomorrow's workout when you get around to telling us.
Vicki

I'm on week 3 of STS and completed disc #7 yesterday--the one with 186 pushups. ;-)

Cathe----I just have to say that STS is so awesome!!! Thanks for all your hard work so that we can work hard!

I am thoroughly enjoying my workouts (love weights) and was curious if STS be done indefinitely? :cool:

Oh my...this is what I have to look forward to?!

Cassie

THe paper plates on the Legs portion, HOLY COW!!! I think I have banned them from future picnics either for the fear of nightmares or it might just possibly make me want to work out!!! I could not believe how hard those were and I am doing them without weights. I aspire to do them with weights but right now think i would fall right over and never get back up!
Can't wait to hear about tomorrow's workout when you get around to telling us.
Vicki[/QUOTE]

186 pushups?

You're kidding right?! I did not know about this before I ordered...maybe Cathe isn't as nice as I think she is (I would insert a wink here but I can't figure out how to!).

Cassie

I'm on week 3 of STS and completed disc #7 yesterday--the one with 186 pushups. ;-)

Cathe----I just have to say that STS is so awesome!!! Thanks for all your hard work so that we can work hard!

I am thoroughly enjoying my workouts (love weights) and was curious if STS be done indefinitely? :cool:

Hi Cathe & Everyone!

Cathe, your first post had me cracking up! I can't imagine STS being challenging for you, but it's nice to know that you understand the pain we feel! :)

I did Disc 1 on Sunday. I made it through the first 16 push-ups, but had to go to my knees after the first 10 of the 30s.

I think that super, super set of push-ups scared me! I was wondering if I'd make through the rest of the workout! After that, it seemed that my wts were too heavy for the next few exercises, even though I had done my 1RMs & was following my workout sheet. So I decreased my weights a little lighter and the time seemed to go so-o-o slowly (again I think I was freaked out & just wanting it all to be over). Then finally about halfway through the workout, I got brave & started lifting 60% wts, according to the workout sheet. I found I could complete most of the exercises with the right wt (although my form went awry about the last 1-2 reps). By the end of the work-out, my confidence had returned & I was looking forward to doing Disc 2.

On Monday, I did the step & blast sections of Body Max 2; I could still feel my chest, shoulders & biceps; not too sore, but definitely they were still recovering. I can really tell my metabolism was revved up the day after.

Today, I did Disc 2; I'll save most of my comments for the Disc 2 thread, but it seemed easier this time & I lifted 60% throughout the entire workout!

I'm looking forward to doing more STS!

Cathe: I am loving STS!! I am on week 3 and did Disc 7 yesterday..I was crying over all those pushups too..I know they will do good things for me. But, not my strongest exercise..I enjoyed reading you workout notes and hearing of your struggles..Nice to know we aren't the only ones..

Thanks for such an awesome product. Weight workouts were never my favorite. But, I am enjoying them alot more with this series..Enjoying Cathetv too!!

Thanks again..

Cathe, Thanks for posting your results...It is great to hear that you are human! I started your rotation last Wednesday and today is (Thank goodness) my rest day! The Disc 1 push ups did get to me, but in a good way. I struggled then caved to the knees at the end but DID do all of them!

I wish I would have done Abs 1st. My arms gave out before my core! I also had issues raising my arms over my head the next day!

I love you but have to admit that there are days I am saying some "not so nice" things to the Cathe on my screen! LOL! But I keep coming back for more!

Keep us posted...

Terri

Hello to you all!

Congrats to all that got it done yesterday and today.

I just restarted STS because my schedule got to be overwhelming and couldn't keep up.

I did Disc 1 and went up in all the weights. Still working on the issue of how much I can really handle with more reps. I have to say that as I sit here several hours later I am starting to tighten up! Glad that I didn't over do it!

I have to admit that it was easier the 2nd time through this DVD because I did have a better idea on what to expect and what weights to grab.

My total workout for today:
disc #1
bike for 30min
Extended Stretch! This was great!

I didn't do the abs because I did this late yesterday.

So glad Cathe to see you posting your workouts with us. ;) Love reading your thoughts on your program and seeing it with new eyes. ;)

Have a great day.
I look forward to the next workout reports.
Heidi

I know this doesn't go here but wondering if anyone can help me. I am trying to get the view first unread post to work and everytime I go into a thread and hit it, it just goes to the first post in the thread.
It is frustrating that I have to try to remember what page I read last as this thread is getting pretty big.

I have tried hitting the arrow button on the front page also with no luck.

Thanks
Rhonda

Brilliant idea with having a tray to hold your STS notebook Nancy. In addition to not having to walk far it also spares your back and knees from bending down to the floor to constantly pick up notebook to write notes. That too adds up after a while. Hmmm, I might bring that point up on a Cathe TV segemnt to help everyone out. Good Call!

The warm up is sync'd tightly but true, not 100% to the way you typically are used to with me. I refer to it as a "lazy" beat verses off beat because sometimes you hit the beat just slightly behind where you are used to crisply hitting it. These are just some of the minor side effects that come with filming first and adding music later. Since I am performing in silence and therefore not moving to an exact, steady, timed beat, the music can't be written to match my movements 100% or you would hear it "wander off" to my "natural" beat verses a "machine driven" beat. Now that would be something you would REALLY notice :eek:

Keep up the great work Nancy and glad to hear you are feeling better too.

Cool! I'm glad I had no idea that might be helpful. And thanks for the warmup/music explanation.

Last edited:
"I was shaking and sweating by rep 20 and forget about after that....by rep 24 things got ugly...I sounded WAY TOO PERKY on video. How on earth is that possible? I'm going to have to have a talk with that woman ;)"

Welcome to our world, LOL, or the "She wants me to do WHAT????" club...

That cracked me up!

I did disc 1 yesterday and have severe DOMS today! I was going to do a cardio workout this evening, but thought - nah - let's have more of a chance to recover! That workout was quick and tough!
Josie

I did disc 1 yesterday and afterwards a segment of the new AB DVD (the no equipment abs). I have to say, I gave it 24 hours before posting my experience with it.

First, the ab DVD is insane. I thought I was a pro with ab workouts because Core Max is a breeze for me. The easiest thing for me in the no equipment abs was the planks--everything else had me burning. My fiance at one point looked at me and laughed and I told him, "Shut up, Bill. Just shut up. Seriously, don't laugh. You're making me angry." That's how intense it was. After hearing ymself say that to him and him cracking up, it made me crack up--not good because I was doing the ab move with the legs in an L shape. Good God, that was tough. I LOVED IT!!

I do believe disc 1 is awesome, that I'll state. My biceps are sore and my shoulders are a little--a good sore, the kind that says, "Yes, you worked 'em and you worked 'em good."

I was a little disappointed with all the pushups for chest and only two chest workouts with actual weights (besides BW obviously). I don't know if I'm disappointed because there were so many and I had to go to my knees, because I do better with weighted work (i.e. flys, press, etc...), or because my chest feels absolutely nothing today nor did it much throughout the workout. I believe it's all three together. The only reason why I had to go to my knees was because my biceps were shot and my arms could not physically lower me down (they were shaking pretty bad). I just don't feel that I got a true chest workout compared to such a series as Gym Styles per say because due to going back and forth, my biceps failed and in turn it reflected on my chest workout negatively. That is my only negative experience with Disc 1. I may actually do a GS Chest workout to make up for yesterday.

With that said, I got the best biceps workout. I had to really slow down my reps at the end of the 21's. That was just insane. Cathe, you were so chipper. I actually referred to you as a flight attendant at one point, "She sounds like a flight attendant. 'Now you'll need your ball, dumbells...' She's so calm." My fiance is doing the program with me and he cracked up. You also made me laugh hysterically when for concentration curls we had to do our other arm, but you said you didn't know if you could right then. Whenever I do bicep work I think of you saying, "I'm having an outer body experience." That's how I felt and loved, loved, loved it. I was really challenged--which is what I need for that particular area.

My fiance loved disc 1. He critiqued it to me and said he really felt it. His chest is a little sore today, but his shoulders (his weakest) are letting him know that he worked them.

We definitely look forward to continuing the program. I couldn't believe how quickly Disc 1 went by. The fiance and I were holding our barbells and I go, "Wait, that's it?!" I was shocked. It was a good workout, great experience, and that in itself is encouragement enough for us to keep going.

For those that are waiting to purchase STS to see what those of us are doing it have to say--It's worth every single cent.

--Tara

Hi Cathe,
I, too just started over with you. I had done Disc 1,2,3,4 when I discovered I would very much like to join you and the the cast of thousands. I really can get through most of it, EXCEPT those dang pushups!!! I start on my knees, then go to my toes, then go to my knees and then go to my knees.... The time does fly and thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Will check in after Disc 2.

Kris

Cathe, your post was GREAT!!! TOO FUNNY! :D :D

I did disc 1 on Monday. I actually had to adjust my weight and go higher on a few things. The push ups are NO JOKE. I have to do them on my knees and I don't know how many I did, but it wasn't as many as you told me to do!!! :eek: Also, I'm trying to figure out how to modify the move where we pull our knees in. Anyway, I'm feeling soreness in my sides which is weird; not sure where that came from. I'm doing the 6 month rotation so I get another shot at this one next week, at which time I WILL be going heavier on some things (I made a notes of it :p). Lastly, I did IMAX2 today. All I can say is WOW. Every time I do this one I just don't see how you can be so perky!!! I hung in there though! Looking forward to tomorrow. I also just bought a dumbbell rack and am WAY excited!

Ok, this is IT!!!
Coudnt handle it anymore..

Cathe,... your check in was my turning point. I just ordered STS and It shipped today.. I could not be not a part of this program.

Thank you for your encouragement and for doing this with us.

Now that Im fully recovered from my c secion 7 months ago.. Im ready for this, I was not going to buy but now... I m In!!!

Cathe, just want you to know that your post made me :). Love to hear your comments about "working out with yourself" and "who put that in...oh, that would be me!".

So, after a few weeks of this those 30 pushups will be possible?!

Phew!

I took my w/o card and notes to the gym this morning. I previewed the disc already so I knew what to do. It was a good workout!

1. The push ups in the beginning - I did the first set on my toes. Then I started the second set, but only did 4 on my toes - the other 4 were on my knees. I did 20 out of the 30 single push ups on my knees before I collapsed. I have a new goal: complete the set and work from there.

2. Shoulder Presses!!! I had to drop the weight from 15 to 12.5 (we have 12.5 and 17.5 DB at my gym) for the first round - darn push ups! I only got 14 reps out of the next round and I seriously could not lift my arms for the last rep.

3. Definitely grateful for the 30 second breaks. They feel like 5 seconds. I did have to take an extra break here and there. My goal is to have this need reduced.

4. I dropped the weight from incline chest flys. I must have been super girl during my 1 RM test lol.

5. Prone push ups on ball - I got the 4/4 count fine, but I could only get 8 more singles. Goal: complete the set.

6. I enjoyed the new exercises: quarter stop curls, 1.5 reps, bandwork, push up variations. I have never incorporated this kind of variety into my workouts and I think the variety is what has been lacking. My nody is just too used to the standard reps, etc.

7. Staggered pushups - I got 4 on my toes, the rest on my knees.

8. The straddle pushups - I got the 2/2 counts on my toes, but the rest had to be done on the knees. I felt that one in my core!

My arms had a nice mild tremble when I was done and I felt like I had worked hard. This workout felt just right. It was challenging my current level without killing me. I want to do the next workout. I have done some workouts where I have hated it and I just dropped the program.

I felt like I had worked to failure on just about everything. I modified when needed. I feel accomplished. In fact, I still feel like my shoulders are working! haha!

My biggest challenge is maintaining the exertion level. I take these workouts to the gym so I don't have Cathe on video pushing me. I just imagine what she would say once those last reps get hard and I don't feel like I can do one more. "Keep going, one more, you can do it!" Those are the things I imagine she would say as I am trying to squeeze that last curl or do that last push up, etc.

Great workout Cathe! Thanks!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.