STS CHECK IN....DISC ONE

Well, at least I didn't overlook some easy way to do it! I will try your method although I',m finding my guesstimates are pretty much on. .

Congrats on the pushups. I was on my knees pretty quickly. I saved a little for the end and finished with some on my toes but that first 30 would have killed me off .

I love the new Workout Manager too! If you select your disc, you can see by what is not bolded what you still have left to log a 1rm for. I did a lot of my 1rms but still have lots to do. I am doing the stragglers in the beginning of the week that I am starting.

I just did disc 1 last nite. I felt pretty good today but now the DOMS are setting in!

I'm doing the 6 month. I don't build muscle too easily and need all the help and time I can get. :D

Hey Lori - how is that working for you? I'm just now starting the 6 month, did Disc 1 last night. I have very strong legs but a very weak pathetic upper body. I want arms and back like Cathe, but it'll only happen in my dreams. Are you seeing good results?

hey lori, we have a new check-in thread over on the "check-in & challenges" board. it is not for the 6 m. it is for the 3, but you're welcome to come and check-in with us if you want . it says "summer ladies"
cathy

hey lori, we have a new check-in thread over on the "check-in & challenges" board. it is not for the 6 m. it is for the 3, but you're welcome to come and check-in with us if you want . it says "summer ladies"
cathy

Thanks for the invite, Cathy. I have not actually been regularly doing the program, so started all over again with Meso 1 Disc 1 last night. Feels good today, experiencing a bit of soreness, swell in the bicep from the workout.
take care!

7/8/2009 is my lucky day

Today I started STS for the first time. After so many months of quietly observing everyone doing it and mentally pushing myself, I finally did it today. Disc one is done!!! I almost cant believe it.. I was so scared of it.
It went well. The weights were a little heavier than what I normally lift and that felt challenging - I shaved off a rep or two on some of the exercises in the end, but overall everything went according to plan. No extra rests, but my daughter helped me with writing everything down so I didnt waste time with that. Push ups I did all - on my knees, sorry - but ALL of them! And Cathe heard it from me a few times :) I think she is used to that already... Heck, may be the neighbours heard it too :) but who cares. I feel good and pumped. I'm gonna take out the good old Epsom salt right now and take a bath.. I hope tomorrow I will be able to function normally :)
Now I feel like I belong with all of you guys - actually DOING it instead of just reading about it.
Feels so good!
Thanks for reading this!
Krasy

I did Disc 1 of STS today! Wow! That was hard! All those pushups!! I managed to stay at 60% of the 1RM and do the required amount of reps for the exercises. But I didn't fair well on the pushups AT ALL. I managed the first two sets of 8 1.5s but then only managed 20 standard 10 on toes and ten on knees. The rest of the pushups in the program were KILLER! 16 of the 20 decline pushups, only 8 of the 20 prone pushups, 8 of the 20 straddle pushups, I couldn't get my form correct for the core pushups, and only managed 6 of the 16 staggered pushups ON MY KNEES. Sad I know but I guess it gives me something to wok up to.

Maria

loving it even more than ever!!!!

I'm doing Jun rotation. Yesterday I did disc 1 for second time and I love it even more this time than when I got them for the fist time. I felt more confident and strong than ever and yes I have domes!! what a surprise, and legs OMG, this workout is never going to be easy, I enjoyed and I can do more and better...
I'm just happy with this series STS I can't wait foe STS cardio now..

Eunice

I purchased Meso 1 & started disk 1 today. I'm embarrased that I couldn't get thru the chest work. I did all the pushups on my knees & I still couldn't finish. :eek:

I think I'm going to do week #1 again before going on to week #2.

Oh wow. I have been doing P90X and I mistakenly thought this would be a walk in the park. WRONG! VERY, VERY WRONG. By the time I got to the 30 push ups, I could only do 11. Kept up fairly well until I got to the evil bonus band pulls, I did 7 and was proud of it, lol.

There were a few exercises I didn't get the target reps in, and I'm a little OCD so my immediate thought was "I wish I could keep doing this workout until I get it perfect." I know I have to trust the system and that will make my second roatation something to look forward to.

After pushing it back a couple times, I finally started STS and did disc one today!!! I do push ups often in my martial arts class, but this was crazy. I ended up on my knees in order to finish the last half of the 30 and the "staggered" ones. Happy to report that my 1RM calculations were right on.
So far so good! I think I'm falling in love with strength training. My arms were good and shaky all morning. I plan on doing the 6 month rotation so I get to face all these push ups again next week.
YOWSER!!

I did disc one today!!!

Hi Cathe and gang,

I finally did STS disc one today. Yay!!! I got meso cycle one for Christmas, along with the tower and I finally got around to starting the program 3 months later!

Let me say this...I feel like such a weakling! I love Cathe workouts but I mostly do her cardio and step workouts. The only weight workouts I do is Cardio and weights and Boot Camp. They have some weights but cardio mixed in and I only do them once in a while. This is the first time I have ever done an all weight workout. I enjoyed it but I did not feel like I did everything correctly. I am horrible at push-ups. Had to do most on my knees.

I have a lot of work to do to build up some upper body strength.

I am not giving up!

Wish me luck!

Loralie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.