Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2020

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw step and legs, 45 minutes, heart rate 125/159, 231 calories, 3,780 steps. I followed this with Raw Body Fit doing the warm up, 1 round of the 10 moves, and cool down stretch, 18 minutes, heart rate 125/161, 90 calories, 1,282 steps.
I used 2 lb sand weights and 15's for step and legs.
TOTAL was 63 minutes, 321 calories, 5,062 steps today. I have to run to the store since tomorrow I have landscapers that will be here.

Back from my trip to Walmart Market. Note to self, stay away from Walmart it is crazy busy there and workers are all over gathering together stuff for orders. I thought getting to go on a Thursday earlier would be better. Maybe because it is fall break for schools? Although there were only a few children. Just cannot run up an aisle to pick up something quickly, I skipped the toothpaste because this woman kept standing there staring at toothpaste and had the standoffish look of social distance phobia. I was hoping to get what I need to make a taco brunch for the family this Sunday after church. Haven't figured out quite how I will pull it all off. Maybe have most ready and just cook the tortillas when I get home from church. I almost just ordered pizza :rolleyes: . My son and his wife are doing Keto again. He said they felt so much better and realized when they stopped it the last time, some health problems came back. So, I purchased stuff for a large salad. I do that myself when I make my husband tacos, I have a taco salad without the taco. Also low carb tortillas, but I prefer not to eat those as they are still wheat flour.

Debbie, I think the first step workout is Just Step which I know you have done, then Step 2 which is all step, Step 3 has some weight work in it if I remember right. They are all good though. But, I think Step 4 is the most fun and the music is the best. Part of the problem for me with the coughing is that the antihistamines make my mouth dry and with sjogrens and the dry mouth and dry eye I wake up even more with it dry all the way down my itchy throat and I am coughing like crazy. I have to swallow some water, use a dry mouth lozenge, and put some of the dry mouth gel in my mouth and usually fall back to sleep after awhile and a couple of hours later it all starts over. So, it is a bit more than the allergies that keeps me up, they just add to it. That is wonderful that standing has helped that much and no daily headaches.

Doreen, nice work figuring out how to shorten the epic workout and still getting it in today.

Belinda, nice that you got your workout and walk in. Hope your hair turns out well.

Good morning,

Today is a rest day on the Cathe rotation. I walked this morning and getting ready to do some SBF Barre 10 is done.

Diane - it did tun out well.

BBL

I am feeling much better, still have a small knot but nothing like it was. Amazing what sitting does to me.

Today I did a really fun workout, RAW Intervals #5. I did this once before and loved it even more this time. I need to do the other interval workouts too. Fun stuff. This one has 50 second intervals using a kettlebell, two 10# dumbbells and boxing segments. Very fun, sometimes the 50 seconds seems to go on forever.

Workout was 27 minutes, burned 179 calories, did 2209 steps and HR was 127/160.

Also walked on my treadmill for 21 minutes, burned 128 calories, went 1.09 miles and did 2452 steps. HR was 116/128.

Doreen - Great job with Epic 9, you are kicking butt with those workouts!

Belinda - Enjoy your rest day, nice job with your workout yesterday!!

Diane - I'll have to try that RAW Step & Legs. Is the step part the Just Step 4 workout? Or is it totally different? Wow, sorry you have such issues with allergies. I can't complain, I wake up with sinus issues but once I take a decongestant, it goes away. Hope it clears up for you soon. Nice job with your workout yesterday.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Sorry for being MIA, but, moving is a real pain in the ass! I am finally done and I turned the keys over to the owner and drove away today. Today I walked on my TM for 50 minutes uphill, traveled 2.5 miles, 3.2 speed, 6.5 incline and burned 452 calories. It felt amazing to workout again, this is the longest break I have ever taken. I spent the later part of the day fixing up my gym, there is not much room to do a workout like Yvette Bachman, i might have to do that kind of workout in the house, but other than that it is perfect. I put up my garage door and walk, it is like I am outside.

I will color and cut my mom's hair in the morning and then she is going home. I have had a great 5 days spending time with her but I am ready to get back into my groove and start unpacking my things in the house. I love being organized and i am up to my eye balls in boxes right now.

Great job with the workouts everyone. I promise to read all of your posts and get caught up over the weekend. I cant weight to start lifting again, i really miss it.

Happy Friday my friends.

Reactions: WD
I am getting here again. I sat down to check my email after workout and discovered my grandson 6 had somehow purchased a subscription to a youtube gaming channel o_O . It would be nice if we didn't have the youtube gaming stuff he looks at on the sideline of the teachers youtube lessons. I don't get how it happened though as I checked my settings and it is not supposed to just let someone make a purchase without authorization. Plus, I had it set for restricted and somehow it got off of restricted mode. I had to go through google to try to get my money back. We will see. It was not much, but it cannot keep happening. I went and unsubscribed to the channel and also saw the charge was for one month and did not say it was recurring. My Pay Pal account did not show it recurring either. Hopefully I am done with it and there is no others. They are always saying subscribe. He subscribes to everything. Even the educational videos the teacher has him watch. I keep telling him he should not subscribe to everything. I am tempted to take youtube off the Roku channel. If I want to watch something I can use the fire tv. Does not help with the computer and tablet that has Google and youtube that needs to be there for school. I hate all of this. Also when I put youtube on restricted mode, it blocks some of the faith based kids channels that I put on for him:mad:. But, it sure lets junk prevail.

Oh well, I did get in a good workout today. I did Coffey Fit Raw Shadow Boxing #1 and loved it. It was 42 minutes, 219 calories, heart rate 126/162 (which I am surprised at since I started out with my heart rate at 59) and 3,676 steps. This is not impact and just boxing with egg weights or dumbbells. Kelly uses 2# egg weights and slows it down a bit for form with the weights. She does do some ducks, side steps, and movement while boxing. No kicks. The music was good on this one as well. Since my neck and shoulders were not spasmed or anything from this(which I was worried about) I went ahead and did Walk Strong 3 Barre Sculpt 31 minutes, 59 calories, heart rate 86/128, using 2 and 5 # dumbbells and a non weighted ball, 648 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 278 calories. Barre sculpt started with the usual standing patterns for barre work using the play ball, which is hard to hang onto with my bent leg, then on to upper work without the chair or barre using dumbbells, and down to the floor for more work with dumbbells for upper and then using the ball.

Belinda, I am glad it turned out well. Nice work on your walk and Barre 10.

Debbie, my neck, shoulders, and lats are probably feeling okay since I have not sat at the computer much today. Preparing stuff for Sunday and doing catch up cleaning. Kelly has such a un bunch of workouts. The step and legs is the same cardio, but with legs mixed in. I will post it. I know I printed up the format. There is another workout coming that Kelly filmed and mentioned on facebook that she took a rest day because she was sore from filming it. I don't suppose we will see Sammy in any of the videos for awhile since she is having back surgery.

Jolie, you posted while I was posting. I am glad that you are done with the move. We had a house that the two spare rooms were too small for all of my stuff so I had part of it in one and then the dip station and Bowflex in the other. I had to fold up the treadmill to do other workouts or there was not enough space. We put a murphy cabinet bed in the one with the Dip station and Bowflex so there was some room to move. I had to use the bathroom doorway in between for my pull up bar, but I made it all work. I have been lucky with the last two houses and the amount of space I have had in one large room. You will get it all worked out. Does your garage door face the front of the house? Just curious what your scenery would be. So, I can picture it;). We have a neighbor that moved in across the street and I have seen him with his shirt off and his heavy bag. Felt sort of weird though. We have been all elderly people in our area for the years we have been here and you only see them out occasionally working in their yard, or you never see them. We had 3 new move ins since houses in our area are selling as soon as they hit the market. Two of them never had a for sale sign up. One of them has a younger couple with two small children. I think one thing that keeps it from generally being families is most are two bedrooms. Ours was two with a loft, but we closed off most of the loft for a small third with a wall of closet and storage space since we are tight on storage.

Here is run down of step and legs
Coffey Fit Raw Step and Legs October 2020 45 minutes
egg weights and 15# dumbbells are used and step optional(all used a step with 2 risers)weights are done each move then a combination of the moves
warm up
cardio step boxing with egg weights
Lower Body squats/ lunges/ squat/lunge/squat
Cardio with egg weights step boxing
weights deadlift/side lunge/ both moves combined
Cardio Egg weights step boxing
lower body deadlift/ squats/reverse lunge pulses/ wide stance deadlift
egg weight boxing using step
stretch

Good morning,

All Out Low Impact HiiT is done. Tomorrow is my last workout for the September 2020 rotation.

Sorry I have not time for personals. Our heat is still broken, The repair man isn't coming until next week Tuesday. It gotten so cold last night, we need to pick up a heater. Can't take the cold. We have the pellet stove running, it's not heating up the main area. My basement is hot. We can't get ChuChu up the stairs where we have heat. BBL

Quick check in. I did Cathe Lite Cardio PArty, 43 minutes, 223 calories, heart rate 124/164, 4,075 steps. I then did Cathe Live #318 Iron Legs, 43 minutes, 116 calories, heart rate 98/138, 1,146 steps. Total time was 86 minutes, 339 calories, 5,221 steps. I will come back and post the Live workout weights.

Cathe Live # 318 October 1, 2020 Iron Legs 42 minutes
6 inch high step, weights 10,12,15,20,25# dumbbells, loop band
warm up 5 minutes
no weight forward leaning lunge
loop angled tap back then side to side steps
Squats 20#dumbbells 16 reps 2nd set 25# 16 reps
elevated lunges 15# dumbbells 16 reps and 7 pulses
Deadlift 25# dumbbells 12 reps 3 and 1 count second set 8 reps
using step crossback lunges 12# dbs 12 reps and then 15 pulses repeat other leg
uneven pulse squat 12# dbs
front/back lunge 10# dbs 10 reps right then repeat on left
side to side squat pulses using loop band and 15# dumbbell 10 reps
calf pumps 3 sets 24 reps I used 15# dumbbells not sure what Cathe was using
close grip sumo squat 20# dumbbells 10 reps second set 25# dumbbells 10 reps
side to side pick up lunges 12# dumbbells 4 reps starting on right then 4 reps starting on left
reverse lunge to stiff legged deadlift 20# dumbbells right then second set left 10 reps
push dips with high step 12# dumbbells 12 reps right 2nd set is left
body weight mat hip dip/clam 20 reps right then 20 reps left (I think I got the count right)
Pizza press with band 40 reps each side
stretch

Happy Sunday. I am very tired but I now have a sense of relief because now I have time to slowly go through my things in the house and put it all away or get rid of it. Today I had a great workout, but boy am I out of shape with the weights. Today I started with TM, 21 minutes, 1.1 miles, 3.2 speed, 6.0 incline and burned 151 calories. Then I did CL Glassboro Road trip Upper Body with Core and had a great workout except I was struggling with the weights and had to go lighter than normal. Workout was 1 hour and 15 minutes and I burned 501 calories.

Diane Sue, my garage is in front of my house facing the street so everyone can see me on my TM but I lift weights towards the back of the garage so I dont think that people can see me in there. When I open the garage door I do face another home but I also have a slight view of the ocean as well. We live on a hill so the view is great, we over look San Clemente Beach and Dana Point Beach. I am not complaining, I just wish I had the space I had before in my other homes, but I will make it work. If I want to do a kick boxing workout, i will have to do that in my living room, but the floors are Travertine stone so it will be slippery and hard. Nice workout the other day, you are really feeling better these days. I am off to the store to get the things to make some low fat Turkey Chili for dinner. Yum.

Belinda, How are you feeling lately? You must be doing well because you are doing really good with the workouts and there is NO way you could do that if you were not feeling good. We have had very hot weather the last two weeks, it got up to 90 degrees at the beach a few days ago. Good luck getting the heater fixed.

Debbie, sorry you hare having trouble with the knots again from sitting at your desk. At least now you know what is causing the issue. Nice job on the workouts lately, you are on a roll.

Roselyn, I hope you are doing well, how is the job going?

Doreen, I will catch up with you tomorrow in my check in.

Happy Sunday!

Job is going good as of November 17 all my classes at salon are done and im on the floor taking clients a little scared. We are a small salon but these 4 stylists are freaking awesome

Today was gym style back/shoulders/biceps

Hi everyone,

I finished Hard Strike a while ago. It was my last workout for the September rotation. Since the new workouts are shipping soon I will do whatever I want to do for that day. Not sure what I will do tomorrow? We shall see!

Jolie - glad you are done with your move. It will take awhile to unbox everything. I am going through everything now, I don't want to wait until it's time to move. You are right we have way too much. I do feel pretty good these day's. Is your garage your workout room? I know a lot of people convert their garage to a gym. I do use my living room for cardio sometimes. I still have to watch my 16 year old dog. I usually do all my barre workouts in my kitchen, I use my counter top as my barre :) You will make it work!

Roselyn - yeah, on taking clients. I would be the first one in line if I lived closer. You have noting to worry about. You be fine!

Diane - great job yesterday. How was your lunch today?

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. Good night.

Today was a rest day. I got up and put the taco meat and seasonings in the instant pot and sauted till it was almost done then switched it to slow cooker so it would be finished and warm for after church. My older daughter came early and she cooked the tacos and made queso while I finished getting the rest ready. We had a nice visit. I just sat down and got school work together for tomorrow and am going to try to get to bed at a decent time. This week I have managed to get in 6 hours of sleep all week which feels much better than 5. Still tired and even when I can sleep in longer I keep waking up.

Jolie, it sounds like you still have a nice view for working out. Do you have a tv in your garage too. I imagine there are a lot of people that work out in their garages there since weather does not get freezing cold. It is drizzling a bit here today. Things are pretty dry though and could use some rain to wash some of the pollen out of the air. Yum on the turkey chili. I used really lean ground beef today and have left over taco meat so may be making myself a taco salad for a couple of meals this week. I bet it is a relief to have the move over with and be able to relax a bit while making things just right.

Roselyn, that is great that you will be working soon and schooling is going to be done. I am sure you will do well.

Bellinda, nice work finishing up with hard strikes. I was thinking about Cathe's workouts coming out this week sometime. I know I will be wanting to run through them too. I am looking forward to it.

Good morning,

Lite Metabolic Blast is done.

Diane - I hear you on wanting to run through the new workouts as soon as I get them. I am also looking forward to it.

I have a Ortho appointment. I will check in later.

Today I woke up with sore knees and ankles, I have had to go up and down the stairs so much the last 2 weeks, my joints are killing me. I have had to do it wearing NO shoes because I do not want the carpet to get dirty. I have super flat feet so having support in my running shoes is a must, that is why I am in pain. Today I went for a walk through our new neighborhood for an hour, I didn't wear my FB because i cant find the charger and it is dead. I am sure I walked close to 3 miles up and down hills. It is starting to get cooler now so that makes walking outside so much nicer.

I will be out of town Friday thru Sunday this week, we are going to Nevada to watch my sons first football game of the season against Wyoming. I am very excited to see him.

Belinda, way to go on the workout today. Did you order Cathe's new workouts?

Diane Sue, good luck with the distance learning today and i hope you get a workout in too. Hopefully you got some sleep, i have been sleeping a lot, 9 hours at least each night.

Debbie, I hope you had a nice workout today, I will check back in later to read your post.

Roselyn, you will do great on the floor doing hair, most people are very supportive of new stylists.

Have a wonderful day, i will BBL to read additional posts for the day.

Jolie - sorry about your knees and ankles. Yes, I did order the new workouts. Very excited.

Where is Debbie ?

After Thursday's deadline I was off Friday. We were going to go kayaking but it was too cold- and would have been colder in the mountains where we were headed so we decided not to and looked at kitchens instead. I think we may remodel.

Friday I did a "spin and sculpt" I did 30 minutes of spin and then tried out a new YT instructor. I really liked her stuff- some great combo moves that really got my heart rate up.

Saturday I did a 20 minute step from youtube and then did 6 miles on my bike in Ute park which too about an hour.

This morning I did EPIC day 11 which was Dumbell Quads and Abs. I skipped the abs and just did the legs part which was 30 minutes and then finished the youtube step from Saturday.

I am looking forward to the new DVDs coming - I ordered the downloads. And the Virtual Road trip sounds fun too. I'm hoping its the weekend my husband is going hunting so I can have the house to myself!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.