Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2020

Good Evening,

My DD and I went for a 4 mile walk today and I burned 550 calorie. She forgets my legs are not as long as hers so it was a quick pace.

Reactions: WD
Today I had a horrible workout, not the workout itself, but what happened during the workout. I started with a 20 minute walk on the TM, 1.09 miles and then I started to do my total upper body workout. I started to set up and looked down at the floor of my gym and it was completely covered in ANTS!!! Everywhere!!! I had to stop and clean up which took over 30 minutes of praying, moping, and wiping and they kept coming back!!! I finally got in a weight workout but I was pissed off and didn't enjoy myself. Workout was I have no idea how long but all in all I burned 370 calories.

Warm up to a Cathe Live Awesome Upper Body. I did 3 rounds of this circuit.

Chest Press- 20's x 12

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12

Seated Overhead Shoulder Press- 15's x 12

Traditional Curls seated- 15's x 12

Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12

I cant wait to get out of this house. Between the mice, cayotes, snakes, ants, spiders and so on, it is time to go. I move next Tuesday and it cant come quick enough.

Belinda, way to go with the weight workout today. Enjoy your walk.

Debbie, nice cardio workout on the Max Trainer, that sounds hard. I was supposed to use my elliptical after weights today but I got side tracked with the ants.

Roxie, nice 4 mile walk with your daughter.

BBL to read your posts. Make it a great day.

Rough busy day today and not much sleep. Our neighbor let me know he was getting his fence redone yesterday afternoon and they were ready to tear down the panels between our yards. We decided to go ahead and get ours done too. Anyway, many trips outside on leash with Gertie(my dog) and she would not do anything. I stayed up late and still nothing, so put her to bed in the sun room figuring if there was a mess, it was just one place. This left me getting to bed late and needing to get up extra early, little sleep. I even took a Vital Proteins collagen sleep shot before bed and it did not help. It took three trips this morning after eating to get her to do anything!! Then school time and that has not went well. Many trips outside. I did run upstairs and do Coffey Fit Raw Step 4, 30 minutes, heart rate 119/145, 151 calories, 3,084 steps. I loved the workout and music. It does have some boxing in it, but intermittent with other moves. Kelly uses an 8 inch step and I used 6 inch today. She uses egg weights and I waited till about 15 minutes in before I picked up 1 # dumbbells. My left knee hurts and neck and shoulders are tremendously sore along with low back. I feel like I have been beat up and contemplated doing nothing, but the movement helped for awhile. I still ended up taking Excedrin later. I am hoping I am up for doing the workout with the lower body later this week. If I didn't take it down some on intensity I am sure my calories would have been better.

Belinda, nice work this morning.

Debbie, great calorie burn. That must have been an intense workout.

Roxie that is wonderful that you got to take a walk with your daughter.

Jolie, I had that happen with ants in my kitchen last year. They were swarming my kitchen counters and seemed to be coming from behind the cabinets. It took cleaning and tons of bug spray to get them to stop. I had to remove everything from counters, and they seemed to still keep coming with the spray. It took a long time to get it to stop. Then we discovered a trail from my husband's trashcan beside his chair and I guess it was sticky because of popsicle wrappers. So, I had to clean from there. Who would have thought that could cause an onslaught like that. My house is clean, so that was frustrating. I am doing better at keeping up with spraying around the exterior of the house and not a lot of problems this year.
It is not fun having to stop a workout with a project that is as irritating as that. I feel for you. You sure have had your share of critters while living in that house.

Today I did RAW Box & Pump 2. Haven't done this one since April. Had a really great workout and went light with the weights. I finally realized what is causing my upper back/shoulder knots, etc. Sitting for 8 hours. I was fine all summer except the occasional knot here and there. Now I have a huge knot in my left side again and it's because I'm sitting so much to work on this stupid computer. I was in a lot of pain about middle day yesterday so I brought my keybaord up higher and that seemed to help. However, I don't think it will last forever. Ridiculous. Wish I could just quit working and stay at home. I would love that and my body would too. Anyways, love this workout. And I realized I've never done Box & Pump 3, I need to do that this week, maybe Thursday.

Boxing Drill
Squat Rows: 12's - 16 reps
Run Rows: 8's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill
Overhead Press: 10's - 16 reps
Connected Front/Side Raise: 5's

Boxing Drill
Overhead Triceps Extension: 15# - 16 reps
Run Kickbacks: 5's - lots of reps (didn't do the whole thing)

Boxing Drill
Chest Flies: 15's - 16 slow reps
Run Press: 8's - lots of reps
Ab work: 5's
Hammer Curls: 15's - 16 reps
Run Curls: 8's - lots of reps.

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 299 calories and did 3351 steps. HR was 135/178.

Stretched out really good and used my roller.

Roxie - Great calorie burn on your walk yesterday! Wow!! Glad you DD walks and workouts with you, that is cool!

Jolie - OMG, ants??? Yuck!! We have them in our house every now and again but I haven't seen them lately. I'm sure you'll be glad to get out of there. Great job getting your workout in.

Diane - I want to try that workout you did yesterday, maybe tomorrow. Sounds like fun, I might try and watch a bit of it this evening. I hope your dog is ok, not good that she isn't going to the bathroom regularly. Maybe put olive oil in her food, that sometimes works well. Great job getting your workout in.

Roselyn - Great job with your workout. How is your mom doing?

Belinda - Hope you have a kick butt workout today!

Doreen - Hope you have a kick butt workout today!

Have a great day everyone!

Quick workout today - Spri HIIT with Ashley Borden "head to toe Hiit" which is a nice 20 minute full body workout with 4 circuits of 3 exercises repeated 4 times. So it moves fast to get your heart rate up.

My son is at state golf yesterday so I walked the course with him yesterday and again today.

Jolie- ugh - I would see why you are ready to move!!!

Roxie- I have that problem too - eveyone in my family is a faster walker than me!!

Waving hi to everyone after me! Have great workouts and great days!

Good morning,

I did my workout early this morning, just getting around to post it. I went for a walk and did RWH Low Impact HiiT #2.

Roselyn - how are you doing? Still thinking about you.

Jolie - holy crap! I would be happy to move too. Sorry you are going through all that. It's almost over. Hang in there, girl!

Debbie - sorry you having so many knots in your shoulders. Maybe those medical pads like these? https://www.target.com/p/salonpas-l...Vmq_ICh0NHQaOEAQYASABEgLRP_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Feel better soon.

Diane - nice workout yesterday.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL

Today there were ants again everywhere, so I got on my TM and did a cardio workout. 60 minutes uphill, 6.5 incline, 3.32 speed, traveled 3.2 miles and burned 603 calories, which included a 5 minute cool down and stretch. Heart rate was 132/163. It went by really fast, I watched a Madonna Concert in Italy and it was really cool, her concerts are a real show.

Next Tuesday I am moving and this Thursday is our final walk thru so I can figure out how I am going to set up my gym at the new house. I have a home gym unit, rowing machine, elliptical, treadmill, spin bike and all of my benches and weights. I got rid of my leg press the last time I move and my squat rack because I never used them much. I am going to start using my high step for step ups to sub for leg press. We should start using those again girls! I just found those high step dvds so that you be fun to try again.

Debbie, Nice workout today! Remember when you started working from home you didn't like it and now you wish you could go back? I swear I loved working from home, you get to move more.

Doreen, nice workout today and it was quick one. I love walking at the golf course, good luck to your son in his tournament.

Belinda, it is too hot here to walk outside right now, nice that you get to in VA. How was your trip to DC? Way to go on the workout today.

Roselyn, How are you doing? I cant even imagine. Have you gone back to work yet? I am happy that you got your workouts in it really helps with stress.

Diane Sue, It sounds like you need a good nights sleep along with some rest for the body. I use Black Out curtains and those help me sleep better, I got mine at Target. Maybe try something like that and you might sleep better. I could never workout if i was that tired.

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did Raw Cardio Crush 2, 32 minutes, 178 calories, heart rate 129/169 heart rate, 3,090 steps. I also did Lindsey Samper yoga therapy for neck and shoulders 15 minutes, 14 calories, 16 steps, 72/91 heart rate. Total time was 46 minutes, 192 calories, 3090 steps.

Roselyn, nice work today.

Debbie, Nice work today. That is another fun one of Kelly's. I am sure that is probably your biggest problem. I have found though that even though having my laptop raised so I am not tilting my head forward, I am still putting enough pressure on the spine that after awhile my posture is not lifted enough and things seem to get crunched together and I still get pain after awhile. I am hoping to try that workout again tomorrow with the lower body. My knee is feeling better today. I don't know what I did to it. It had to be Friday's workout because I don't see a lower impact Walk Strong 3 workout and yoga pilates causing it.
My dog is okay. She is just not used to having to go while on a leash. I switched to one where she could move further away from me, and finally last night she decided to do something. Today has been pretty normal, but the fence is not up yet. I guess they decided to wait longer for the concrete to set on the posts or something.

Doreen, a walk around the court with your son sounds like a pleasant way to get some exercise in.

Belinda, nice work with RWH low impact this morning and getting done early.

Jolie, I bet you are going nuts dealing with the ants. Is there something hidden attracting them? It sure is hard to get rid of them once they decide to move in. I have black out curtains in our bedroom, but I need to get rods that curve so the sun doesn't peak around the sides of the curtains. I put the sheet over my head to block the light. I get woke up a lot of the time when my husband comes in at 5:30 to go to bed. He tries to be quiet, but it just does not always work as I am a light sleeper.

I am so sad to hear Eddie Van Halen died yesterday. Dang, he was only 65. Why do people insist on smoking when they know what it will do to them? Such a shame, this is something that could have been avoided. He was a guitar legend, one of my all time favorites. :(

This morning I did RAW Just Step 4 and really loved it. Fun workout. I used 2 risers on each side plus the topper which is unusual for me. Usually my knees hurt and I end up getting tripped or something. This morning my knees were fine and I followed Kelly with no problems. It was an easy workout to follow but my heart rate got up there throughout the whole thing. I used my 1# sand hand weights and had a lot of fun. I don't have my stats as I forgot to write them down but this is what I got from my FB:

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 212 calories, did 3221 steps and HRwas 122/166. I think this is what I logged. Weird, though, it says my active zone minutes was 52 minutes when the workout was only 31 minutes. I did walk on my treadmill but reset my watch for a treadmill walk. Maybe it added that to this total?

Anyways, fun workout.

Doreen - Yes, as a matter of fact, I have a desk that rises up so I can stand. That brings on other issues, though, with my low back. I can stand for about 15 minutes and then my low back starts to get tight. Plus I don't like doing it. But I guess I should just to get out of this chair for a few minutes each hour or so.

Jolie - LOL on you watching Madonna. She used to be a favorite of mine until she got all weird with sex and stuff. But her music is top notch. Aren't ants annoying? They are so hard to get rid of. Terro works the best, get some if you can. Safe for animals but they eat it and take it to their nests. They all die. Happiness for owner. LOL! Anyways, good job on your workout! Oh, and I said I liked BEING home, not that I liked working at home. I still hate working from home. :)

Diane - Good job with your workout yesterday. Glad your dog is ok, I couldn't figure out why she wasn't going to the bathroom. They are funny when their worlds get changed, aren't they? Creatures of habit for sure.

Belinda - Great job with your workout this morning. Thanks for the link for the pads, I may try them. I have Aspercream on right now and it helps a bit.

Have a great day everyone!!

Thank you all for asking how I am. I went back to work yesterday it was hard to concentrate it is hitting us now and then yesterday my husband pickedup the death certificates and that hit again. My mom is a little lost I live so close so today I take my pup over and she watches him, my parents did that on days i work 9-3:(

Today I did do ripped hiit chest, shoulders and triceps hard to focus still

Back to work today after a couple days out of the office for golf... deadlines are looming so hoping for a productive day.

I decided to try out a new YT trainer's 10 week program on youtube this morning- Caroline Givan. I'm not sure where she is from but has an English accent. And I've decided that the rest of the world's trainers are on to something - NO TALKING during their workouts. This is another one like Heather Robertson and Penny Barnshaw (also both with English accents) that have graphics with timers and pop up boxes to show the next move and do the workouts without verbal cueing. She does mouth cues sometimes and does some cueing with her hands.

This one she does different tempos - so for example starts with front squats with DBs, then Bodyweight, then bodyweight with pulsing. Time goes by fast and its a good workout - controlled reps - nothing hurried.

Debbie - DH and I use those pads. Hope they help you too. Great job this morning.

Roselyn - aww....(((HUGS)))) I am so sorry you and your family are going through.

Doreen - I like Caroline Givan workouts. She is from the UK. She also has a 10 week rotations plan for there EPIC workouts on YT.

Last edited:
Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step and Legs, 50 minutes (45 actual), 205 calories, heart rate 106/145(odd as my Fitbit popped up an alert at over 150 while I was working), 4,082 steps. I also did Walk Strong 3 abs, 17 minutes, 30 calories, 86/116, 315 steps (this was off because I started the total body and once through warm up it was side squat overhead press and I moved on to the abs, forgot to start the Fitbit back up or the abs for a bit, hence 17 minutes) Total time spent was 67 minutes, 235 calories, 4,397 steps. I did write down the format, but it is upstairs. I will come back and post it.

Belinda, nice work this morning.

Debbie, the music was fun in that workout and even more with the lower added. I hadn't thought of using my hand held sand weights. I have two and 3 #. I just picked up 1 # today and 15's for lower. I also used two risers this time. For the most part Kelly's step is not so rough on the knees with jumps and stuff and she does some stuff on the floor which gives the knees a break. I keep trying to figure where they get the active minutes. The only thing I can think of is they are figuring in any active minutes prior to our workouts in the mornings. I guess I should pay more attention. Yesterday I had been up and down the stairs several times and it only showed 1 floor. Today my watch popped up my higher end cardio heart rate, but the read out after was not that high. Quite annoying to say the least. Great burn for that short of a workout.
That was when I grew to not like Madonna. I quit watching videos of musicians long ago.

Roselyn, that is good that your mother has your pup for a companion for awhile. So, sorry for what you are experiencing.

Doreen, I don't care much for instructors that do not instruct verbally. That was one of the things I did not like about Tracey Anderson. That instructor is in great shape.

Coffey Fit Raw Step and Legs October 2020 45 minutes
egg weights and 15# dumbbells are used and step optional(all used a step with 2 risers)weights are done each move then a combination of the moves
warm up
cardio step boxing with egg weights
Lower Body squats/ lunges/ squat/lunge/squat
Cardio with egg weights step boxing
weights deadlift/side lunge/ both moves combined
Cardio Egg weights step boxing
lower body deadlift/ squats/reverse lunge pulses/ wide stance deadlift
egg weight boxing using step
stretch

Today I did a really fun workout, one I've never done and now I'm not sur why. I did RAW Box & Pump 3 and this one is boxing segnents with leg exercises in between. It is so fun and I loved all the leg exercises she did. The music in this one wasn't the best, I wish she would have done all these Box and Pumps with 80's music. That would have been cool! It's 57 minutes long so I didn't have time to write down the exercises. I used a 30# barbell, 12 and 10 # dumbbells and had a blast. I had to stop after the last boxing segment and not do the last part which was floor work - which as ok with me since I hate that part.

I need to type up a workout sheet for this one so I don't forget about it.

Workout was 54 minutes, burned 381 calories, did 4383 steps and HR was 132/187.

Roselyn - My dad has been gone for 10 years and I STILL have those times when it still hits me hard that he is gone. It will get easier to handle, but it will never go away. I still miss my dad every day. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to go through. Hugs, my friend!

Doreen - Looks like a great workout yesterday. Weird how they don't cue. Not sure I would like that.

Belinda - Have a great workout today. How are you feeling? Did you meet with the dietician yet? How did it go?

Diane - Great workout yesterday, I think I seen it out there, looks like a fun one. I'll have to try it maybe next week. My FB did that 150 thing yesterday just when I got started doing my workout. What does that even mean? It didn't do it today and my HR was way up the whole workout. It will buzz and throw that up when I'm at work just typing too. I wish I knew what it means. I have the same trouble with steps. The day I did the step workout it showed I did 20 stairs. Huh? I pobably use the steps about 8 times a day and it never shows it right. Weird.

Jolie - Hope you have a great workout today if you have time for one!!

Gotta go! Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone,

Today I did RWH Legs. I did all the high impact cardio on my rebounder. ur heater broke. He will come tomorrow to fix the heater. I don't like having people in the house with COVID. My immune systems is compromised with all the steroids I was on.

Roselyn - I lost my mom 13 years ago and my dad 19 years ago. Hardest thing I ever went thought. Not a day goes by I don't think about them. I still have times I just want pick up a phone and call my mom :( I talked to my mom daily. I have good and bad day's (((HUGS)) to you and your mom.

Debbie - my ear seems to getting better. I still have some redness. I hope it says that way. I am starting to have a sore throat. If it's not one thing it's another.I saw the dietician on Sep 24. She was very nice and help me a lot. I have another appt. with her on Nov, 19. How are you doing? Great job this morning.

Diane - great job yesterday. Hope you have a great workout today.

BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.