Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2020

I previewed Epic day 2 and decided I wouldn't enjoy it so I did Day 6 instead. Arms and Abs with Dumbells.

I enjoy no cueing for some workouts that have a timer you can follow because I work at my own pace and listen to my own music. And it better than an instructor that constantly talks!!

Its funny to see what names they use for exercises in the UK. For example what Kelly calls a pledge curl she calls an X Curl. And a Front squat she called a High Squat.

I am tired again, my sleep has went down more and more each night. Today I did Cathe Live 83 Crush It Low Impact, 35 minutes, 144 calories, heart rate 11/159, 2911 steps. I went bak awhile later and Did Walk Strong 3 Deep Stretch, 32 minutes, 32 calories, 70 steps. Total time was 67 minutes 176 calories, 2,981 steps. This was really a lot like Ice Low impact Sweat cardio. I did not use the mat. I hate trying to do cardio around a mat. I end up getting my foot caught in the silly thing. I also did not do overhead moves with the dumbbell even though they are light. My heart rate dropped out a lot on my Fitbit today :rolleyes: .

Debbie, I have the moves all down for that one if you want me to post it I can. I love that one. I also like the lower body moves in it. Kelly has some great workouts. I always thought it was odd my Fitbit never shows stairs when I do step, even with it at 8 inches. You got a good calorie burn with today's workout. I need to read up on some of those features. I did look at the community forums a couple of days ago. Not for long though. I was looking for reasons why the Versa works like garbage. I saw someone say the clock face that has the Sp02 and all of that uses a lot of battery and they did not need to see all of that all of the time. Which kind of makes since. I find that thing popping up when my heart rate increases or whatever it is is distracting. Plus, when I have things pop up like that and notifications, I have to push the button to take it back to the workout that I am doing. Then it has to find my heart rate all over again.

Belinda, I understand your concern. Maybe wear a mask and keep a lot of distance then sanitize well. If you have antibacterial spray you could spray it around. Or diffuse some oil that is supposed to help. Ours went out and my husband and son tried to fix it. They finally went out and purchased another one and installed it themselves. That was not too long ago.

Doreen, it is funny that the British wording is different than ours. I remember that from living there. If you ask for a biscuit you will more than likely get a cookie.

Today I did another fun RAW workout - Bodyfit. Wow, Kelly is really putting out majorly fun workouts. I enjoyed this one so much. She does 10 moves for 50 seconds each with a 10 second rest then she repeats the segment of 10 three more times. It was a great workout and I'm so glad my knees have been so good. I give a lot of credit for that to the Marine Collogen I am taking. Excellent stuff.

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 295 calories, went 2757 steps and HR was 134/178.

Diane - Yes, please, can you copy the exercises for the Box & Pump 3 workout here, I would appreciate it!! I don't have time to rewatch that workout and this weekend is very busy. Thanks! I agree about working out on a mat, mine gets all messed up and folds up and stuff. I put down puzzle mats and put carpet on them so they wouldn't come apart (well, my DH did) and it is working great. It looks like the black flooring Kelly has in her basement. Love it. I only use my mats when I do ab work or stretching.

Belinda - That is a bummer about your heater, hope you can get it fixed fast. It's been really cold here, we've had our heat on for 2 weeks now. We are even running our pellet stove. Crazy, it went from 90 degrees to 30 in a matter of days. It does get warm during the day, though, so we aren't constantly cold. Just at night. I don't blame you for not wanting people to come into your house. Hopefully your husband can deal with him, make sure they are wearing masks.

Doreen - Interesting on the way the English describe exercises. LOL!

Jolie - You must be busy packing. Hope all is well.

Roxie - How are you doing with your workouts? How is the job lately? Still crazy?

Roselyn - Hope you are doing well and have a great workout today!

Happy weekend everyone!!

Good morning,

Today is a rest day on the September rotation. Glad it was. I wasn't in the mood to do RWH Plyo 1 today. Plus I moved all my gym equipment from the outside sliding door. Don't want the repair man to walk through the house to get to the basement. I clear everything out/away. We also put down painter plastic on the puzzle mats. After he is done, I will clean my entire gym in the basement and sanitize everything.

Diane - I plan on cleaning/sanitizing everything. Our heater is gas. I don't want the house to blow up. We have no choice but to let someone in the basement.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did 45 minutes on my spin bike - on the Spintertainment app - a trail near Grand Junction CO.

I picked the Trail ride option without the guided instructor - I like both options I 've tried.

Diane - The heater guy came with a mask on. He needs to order parts for the heater, arrr! Who knows how long that will take? We have 2 separate heater/AC. The one in the main area is broken. The one upstairs is working. DH and I take turns sleeping in the living room with our 16 year old dog ChuChu. He can't walk up the stairs anymore. It's very cold here without a heater. We do have a pellet stove in the basement. Need to get pellets. I am going to Costco buying an electric heater. BBL!

I am back at it again! I missed you ladies. On Wed. we had to sign all of the loan docs and yesterday we had our final walk through. Wow is this house smaller than the one we live in now. I will certainly miss this gym room over looking the ocean. My husband and I have slept poorly the last couple days and have low energy. I hope we are not getting sick for the move. I have had hot flashes so bad again I cant stand it. One minute I am just right and the next I am dripping. When is this going to end? I got a better nights sleep last night and feel better today so I did CL #136 Upper Body Challenge with the Ball and had a fantastic workout. This was 1 hour, I skipped the ABS at the end and used my rowing machine for 6 minutes. Boy, that machine kicks my butt. I burned 423 calories. I lifted lighter than I usually do since I haven't picked up weights much lately. Heart rate was 117/155. I am moving Tuesday, it is supposed to be 90 degrees, great... I still have some packing but i am not worrying about it, I have 3 full days to move so that takes the panic out of it for me. I can make as many trips in my car as I need too. I have to say that taking some real time off, something i rarely do, felt great. Now after the move it is time to get serious with my workouts again!

Debbie, Your workout today looks amazing. I will subscribe to Kelly once I get settled, I look forward to trying some new workouts. I am also going to try the brand of Collogen that you are using, I don't like the one that i have right now.

Doreen, I like to do the same thing with those types of workouts, I like to keep an eye on the timer and listen to my own tunes. Nice job with the workout today.

Belinda, I am glad you are taking a rest day. I cant wait to get my gym room fixed up even though it will be in the garage this time. I will be putting my TM in my living room so I can watch football games as I walk. My garage doors do not have windows in them so I will have to put the door up for some light to shine in. I am sure all of my neighbors are going to love watching me workout every morning :)

Diane Sue, I am not sleeping well either. I cannot fall asleep. I had to stop taking Melatonin because I was having hang overs from it so bad I didn't feel well till the following evening. Nice that you got in a workout anyway yesterday, I certainly have a hard time working out with little sleep.

Roselyn, how are you doing? I hope you are getting some workouts in, I am sure you are.

Make it a great Friday, I am off to pack.

Debbie, here is the run down of Coffey Fit Raw Box and Pump #3 This was my notes from the first time I did it. I sometimes have went heavier.

Coffey Fit Raw Box And Pump #3
Box and Pump 3 boxing with lower body strength segments. I used 1# dumbbells for the boxing Kelly says no more than 3#

boxing

squats 35# barbell

squats with 12# dbs

plies holding 10# dbs together and raising heels

boxing

barbell deadlift 35#

reverse lunge 12# dumbbells

good morning holding 10# dbs on shoulders

boxing

barbell front lunge 35#

bulgarian split squat (Kelly uses a bench) I did it on the floor I upped the weight from Kelly's 12's so did 15's which I think I could have done for the medium weight throughout

curtsy lunge kelly 10's I used 12's

boxing

side to side step with loop band

squat side to side with loop band

kick leg back with loop band alternating legs

boxing

side lying clam shell with loop band

lying on back hip lifts open knees with loop band

stretch

Today I took a rest day. It has been a full week of lack of sleep. No energy and we had multiple zoom sessions scheduled. At first I thought I would shower and go back and do something light later, but so tired and neck, and lats are so sore. I don't get some of the soreness. Anyway, I just need a rest. We did well with work today. Thank goodness.

Debbie, I love that Body Fit workout. It is fun and time moves quickly. Collagen, sure does make a difference. I just finally got finished off a lower cost joint combination of collagen boswellia, glucosomine, and chrondroitin. I am glad it is gone as it tasted awful. I don't think the quality was great. I tried questioning them about the nutrition label as they gave no calories and did not say how much of each item. They came back with some lame explanation that there is no calories. Weird as every collagen powder I have seen has calories. I got the Bullet Proof Joint Collagen formula which has above mix, and will pick up some other collagen when I shop.
I have 7/8 inch puzzle mats that are enough to cover my whole workout room. They bunch up and slide on the carpet in my workout room here. I sure wish they would stay in place. My last two homes I was able to lay them on carpet and they stayed in places. They are not cheap puzzle mats. They mostly get played with by grandchildren.

Belinda, I always preferred gas for the hot water heater and for the my stove, but this house has all electric other than the furnace. It sounds like you had plenty to do preparing for someone to come out and work.I am sorry that you are having to deal with the cold. We used to have an electric radiant type heater and really missed it since it is very cold in our bedroom during the winter, even when the heater is on. We bought electric blankets last year and it never got all that cold. Otherwise, my husband would plug in a small space heater on the dresser till we went to bed and we piled the bed with lots of bedding. We also have a gas fireplace so that comes in handy in the main part of the house. I sure hope they can get that fixed soon sine they had to order the parts.

Jolie, I am sorry that you are having sleep issues. I just could never use much melatonin. Even the small amount in the Vital Proteins collagen sleep shots gives me nightmares. They don't affect me in the mornings though. I am sure you will be happy when the move is all over. I hope that you and you husband are not coming down with something. Maybe it is just fatigue and some anxiety causing your lack of sleep.

Well - my son is in quaraintinne. I got a call from the El Paso Cty Health Department yesterday and someone in the SAT test group he took last Saturday tested positive for COVID. So now he's been potentially exposed and next week has to stay out of public places and can't go to school until after the 17th. So far he feels fine and we just have to watch him for symptoms.

This morning I did EPIC Day 4 - which is a full body dumbell core focused workout. It was interesting - she does some different stuff with her programming. This was 3 sections. In each section there was a focus (legs, upper body, core) and then a repeating move. So for example in the legs section there was an exercise followed by a Front Squat interval. In the upper body section each exercise was followed my a man-maker interval, and the final core section each exercise was followed by a windmill. I liked her legs moves and upper body moves - core was just core. It was an hour long but went by pretty fast.

Hi everyone,

No workout to report so far. Been cleaning, disinfection everything in my gym (basement). DH and I also had to throw out all our food from the refrigerator/freezer this morning. Everything was room temperature/defrosted. Next week they have to sent someone out, see if they can fix it. I doubt they can fix it. It's kaput!!! DH thinks it's the compressor. Yesterday LG did a diagnostic test. Still nothing. We couldn't open/close the refrigerator for 7 hours. I feel bad for throwing out all my food. After that we had to go grocery shopping, lol. We have a small refrigerator/bar in my bedroom in my sitting room. The previous owner had a small bar custom build. The refrigerator was always unplugged. What a day! We have to wait for the parts to come in on the heater. DH thinks it will not be until the end of the week. I am down with things breaking.

Diane - in Germany I always had electric stove. I prefer electric over gas. I am always afraid of a gas leak. We had a gas leak when we were stationed in Oklahoma. I still have heat in my bedroom. We have to units thank goodness. It does get chilly at night when we watch TV. I am bundled up in blankets. We do have a gas fire place in the living room and one in our master bedroom. We never use the fireplace. I think we only turned it on once or twice since we own the house. Maybe we will use that for a few days. We also have a pellet stove in the basement.

Jolie - hope you got a good night sleep. It could be also the stress with moving.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. I will take an hour break than do RWH Plyo 1(?). I am still not in the mood to do that workout today :( BBL!

Today I did Cathe Live Step, sweat, and lift, # 237 53 minutes(48 actual) 194 calories, heart rate 107/144, 2,958 steps. I also did Raw Just Step 4 again since I love it so much, 30 minutes, heart rat 125/149, 3,091 steps, 159 calories. Total time was 83 minutes, 353 calories, 6,049 steps.
I think I may be using the step portion of this live workout without the rest for a shorter fun step cardio workout since it comes first and is 24 minutes with the warm up.

Step, Sweat, and Lift #237 2/21/19
Warm Up
Step Cardio I Max style, but not a super fast tempo. 4 combos done 6 times with blasts
Weights
squats 15# dumbbells, overhead press 12# dumbbells(I used 10's) , squat/curl/press 10's
side to side squats 15# dumbbells, snatches 8 # dumbbell 12 reps
10# dumbbell plie squat/pick up/snatch/ put down/ jack/ pick up (I did upright row instead of snatch)
push press 10# dumbbells
triceps overhead extension 12# dumbbells 8 reps , 8# dbs squat/press/triceps extension
15# dumbbells deadlifts , hip hugger 15# dumbbells, Combine hip hugger and deadlifts
bear crawl to plank then add push ups slow and singles
Supermans

Doreen, that is too bad your son is quarantined. Were they wearing masks while taking the test? It just seems odd that eveyone has to be quarantined unless they were close. I guess safety for the school though. Anyone that I know that has tested positive, did not have symptoms or were so mild they just thought they were a little under the weather. I hope he does not get sick.

Belinda, we have a little refrigerator freezer in my exercise room that I keep bottles of water and my freezie knee wraps in. It has come in hand in the past. Also have loaned it to family members when their refrigerators broke. We have a second one in our garage. Thankfully as our freezer ended up broken and now that side beside freezer has to replace my other freezer. I am just glad we were not able to purchase the side of beef we had paid for because the butchers were all back logged on work. Things like that are really frustrating. It seems just when you can breathe something else comes up.
I have had the gas company come out to various homes because I could smell gas. One of them told me once that I must have really sensitivity because there was a minute gas leak that no one else would have noticed. We had a gas drier at the time. I just mainly like that with gas burners you can turn them up and down instantly and I think the cook more evenly. Not a fan of electric and I really do not like the glass cook tops I have had in the last two houses.

Hi,

I did ended up doing Plyo 1 yesterday. Today I did RWH Hiit Circuit LB. I also walked 2.5 miles and did SBF Stretch 7 (LB) = 25 min. I am starting week 4 w/ Cathe September rotation.

Roselyn - how are you doing?

Jolie - hope you feel better.

Diane - the small refrigerator we have it's meant only for drinks. I don't want to buy another one besides the one I have in the kitchen, which is enough for just the 2 of us. I like to get groceries weekly. I am always afraid of freezer burns :( We have a refrigerator/freezer in the kitchen. It's a small freezer like said it's enough for DH and I. It does keep a lot of food. I was surprised when we empty it. I hope nothing else breaks. I had enough. Spent all morning disinfecting/cleaning my gym/basement and the freezer/refrigerator. We had a gas leak years ago. That was scary! My DD was a infant at that time. Gas is expensive were we live too. My next house will be all electric.

Have a great Sunday, everyone. Time to relax.

Last edited:
No workout today other than Lindsey Samper neck and shoulder therapy # 11 which is around 28 minutes. I was so tired this morning and my allergies are back after spending so much time outside walking the dog. So I stayed home from church this morning. I even took Sambuca night that has a bit of melatonin in it before I went to bed. I still slept 5 hours and only a short time of deep and rem sleep. Just a few minutes. Today I stopped at 1 cup of coffee this morning. I need to get my sleep back. Only 3 days of schooling this week as we have fall break Thursday and Friday.

Belinda, my Dad and Mom had a gas explosion in their basement. I burnt even the curtains on the next floor in the kitchen. I was really glad that they were okay. I think it really shook my Dad up and he never seemed to worried about anything like that. The only reason we have two side by side refrigerators is because the one in the garage is unreliable on the refrigerator side. It was always either too warm or would freeze everything. We keep sodas, potatoes, and things like that in it. Not milk or things I would worry about, and I am out there to check every day. Otherwise we do have the freezer side full and the one in the kitchen is pretty full. Particularly since I have things like waffles and stuff for the grandchildren. I double wrap my meats when I freeze them. Baked goods just don't taste right if they are frozen very long. Gas is a lot less that electric here, but then we really only use it for heat. But, winters it is never as much as air during the summer even using the electric company's smart hours savings plan.
A lot depends on the city and if they buy their power or supply their own.
I always found the RWH lower circuit pretty doable. Nice work.

Good morning,

I did XTrain Chest/Back & Shoulders. I will do a quick stretch. It's raining outside, no walking.

Diane - that is horrible about the gas explosion. Glad your parents are ok. It would have scared the crap out of me. I think that would be the turning point for me to get electric. This is one thing I could never do buy so much food to last me for weeks. I guess, I am still too European. In Germany people go daily or once a week grocery shopping. Most German's don't have the space for huge freezers or refrigerators. I have the space here, but refuse to get another freezer. I throw food out when it gets discolored in the freezer or I think it has freezer burns, lol. Now I have less food waste. How do you double wrap your food? I bought a food saver vacuum sealer to freeze my food. We hardly use it. Most people have gas were I live. I thought about changing out the gas for electric when we moved in. They wanted too much money. Our gas tank it underground in the the yard. At least you don't see a huge tank sitting in the back yard :) I did enjoy RWH Circuit Legs yesterday. Sorry you are so tired yesterday. Hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Today I almost decided to have a rest week because this knot in my left shoulder is not going away. I've tried the Salonpas Belinda suggested, which helped relax the muscle, but it's still there. I've used my massager on it, I've put pressure on it with that "S" stick I have and nothing is helping. I was just thinking of walking on my treadmill this week but the back and forth movement of my arm irritates it. I know this stems from the way I'm sitting at work. I'm going to try and stand more and see if that helps. Sick of it.

I decided to do RAW Bodyfit (the first one) and I liked it but not as much as I liked Bodyfit 2. This was probably not a good workout to do with my issue right now. I subbed out a lot of the floor moves because they just hurt my shoulders. Still had a great workout. I think I will take it easy this week, though. Or try to.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 317 calories (not bad), did 1611 steps and HR was 141/181.

No time for personals, hopefully I'll be back later. Have great workouts!!!

Today was EPIC Day 8 - Lower body dumbells.

I posted the breakout below. You will notice lots of Lunges!! after the halfway mark I started switching SLRDL for the lunges!! But even with that this is a serious lower body workout - and I was using about half the weight she was!!

SUMO SQUAT PULSES SUMO SQUATS

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

CURTSEY LUNGE PULSES (same side) CURTSEY LUNGE (Same side)

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

CURTSEY LUNGE (switch side) PULSES (same side) CURTSEY LUNGE (same side)

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

FWD & BK LUNGE HOLD (same side) FWD & BK LUNGE (same side)

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

FWD & BK LUNGE (switch side) HOLD (same side) FWD & BK LUNGE (same side)

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

PLIÉ SQUAT PULSES PLIÉ SQUAT

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

STAGGER ROMANIAN DEADLIFT STAGGER ROMANIAN DEADLIFT (opp leg)

ROMANIAN DEADLIFT

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

CLOSE SQUAT HALF RANGE SQUAT CLOSE SQUAT

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

HAMSTRING UP & DOWN HAMSTRING HOLD HAMSTRING UP & DOWN

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

LUNGE HOLD LUNGE

BRIDGE BRIDGE HOLD BRIDGE

Finisher: CLOSE SQUAT DROP SET!!!

2 x dumbbells 1 x dumbbells 1 x bodyweight

Debbie - I am so sorry your still having so much pain in your shoulder. I hope Salonpas will kick in soon. You poor thing. I feel bad for you :( Maybe you need to see a doctor. You been dealing with this for too long.

Jolie - how are you doing? When are you moving?

Dorren - sorry your son is in quarantine. That's sucks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.