Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2020

Jolie - yes, it's Cathe's new workouts. Yvette announcement that she is starting a paid subscription site called Yvettefit.com https://yvettefit.com/ Not sure what she will do with her youtube stuff. Glad you enjoy your new house and neighbors. So happy for you.

Doreen - nice job this morning.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Ice Low Impact Sweat 2 with the blizzard blast mix, 37 minutes, 159 calories, heart rate 115/157 3,182 steps. I also did Perfect 30 Timesaver Pyramid Hiit which includes the warm up and stretch, 19 minutes, 90 calories, heart rate 119/145, 1,609 steps. I used a 6 inch step for this one instead of the 8. I finished with Perfect 30 flow timesaver mix yoga strength and flexibility stretch 20 minutes, 25 calories, heart rate 83/105. This mix was more of the stretch portions of the workout which was the same with the other I chose yesterday. Total time spent 76 minutes, 274 calories, 4,863 steps. Kelly put her new dvd Super Sculpt up on her raw app yesterday. The sun is out this afternoon. We had winds last night and this morning. I see more branches down as well as leaves.

Debbie, my Fitbit is flakey too. I saw my heart rate up to 158 on the Hiit workout today looking at my Fitbit, but the app did not show it. I liked the workout I did yesterday from Cathe Live. I do wish she did not do so much overhead stuff, but the weights were low and the cardio sections were not bad. I have my eye on a couple of others, but previewed the purchase videos for downloads and decided I needed to wait a day or so since there was weights in yesterday's workouts. Cathe seems to do a lot of metabolic workouts that do a lot of compound moves. She has the latest ones up on the app now so it is easier to use them with my Fire TV. Even the newer kickbox one has weights in it. We had an ice storm here quite a few years ago and we had a big corner lot with huge oak trees and a pecan. My son came over and helped. Grandkids picked up what they could and we even had some huge branches on the roof. It took us forever to get all of the branches cut and stacked on the curb clear around the house. There was so much. It took the city quite awhile for pick up and clean up. There are still people today that are without power, but at least it is warming up.
A break might help. The thing is, I thought about this this morning while I was stretching, and maybe we need a prolonged break if we want things to completely mend. I don't know. I take time off or leave the area alone and feel better and as soon as I pick up some weights again the painful knots are back. I just wish I knew how to keep them from coming back. Not only that sometimes I feel fine and I wake up with pain in the night. Last night the front of that right shoulder along the nerve line woke me up throbbing so it took awhile to get comfortable and go back to sleep. Then when I got up it didn't hurt. I must have spent too much time in a position that was not good.

Doreen, nice work.

Belinda, I knew that you had the diagnosis. Hopefully the next medicine works for you. I know there are some of those immunosuppressants that tell you not to take antibiotics or get flu shots. I guess it is up to the doctor. I am trying to avoid those. That is a load of medicine for your system to adjust to. Did they tell you to expect to feel like that with the new medicine? I wondered why Yvette has such a following and didn't charge for a streaming service. I guess it takes work and planning to do that though as I watched as Kelly worked on hers till she finally got her own app. I know she mentioned earlier that she had filmed, but had to wait till her husband could get the workout up for her.

Jolie, I am glad you had such a great workout. It is so nice when you have neighbors that you like. I only have a couple that I talk to occasionally. Most wave and say hi. It has been a bit weird lately because we have three of the homes in our circle area that have new tenants and with children. One has an older child, at least I think as there are a few in and out and I am starting to think that they have older children that come over to help with things and maybe a daughter living at home. Then one has two young children as the owner of that home passed away a while ago. The thing is the houses went so fast and no for sale signs were ever put up. The other is a renter and that house seems to change tenants a lot. Otherwise it is still the older group here. One has the same name as me :) and travels trouble shooting at hospitals. So she leaves for a couple of weeks at a time. Anyway, I am comfortable here with the neighbors. You are lucky to live where you do and I am sure your home is the perfect size for you. It is sunny and 50 today. Election day will be perfect as the forecast is 70.

Last edited:
Belinda - I think Yvette said that the youtube videos would stay up but she wouldn't be adding any more (or as more) which is fine with me - I haven't done all of them anyway. I wonder if she has to give her class or her attendees a cut from her website? I do not blame people for subscription fees - they are good at what they do and need to make a living with it!! I'm surprised some have been able to keep things free - Like Sydney Cummings, Healther Roberton, Jessica Smith and Carolyn Given. I once followed a guy - Millionaire Hoy - who got mad at Youtube - set up a subscription service and took down his entire channel of videos!! How are people supposed to find you!?

Real quick, I'm in an all day training. I walked on my treadmill again this morning. Shoulder is feeling ok but taking Aleve. I walked about 2 miles.

Hope you all have a great workout. Sorry so short!!

Last night I did another workout - Michelle Dozios Club Routine - cardio & Strength #12 - which I might not have done before because the moves weren't seeming familiar but I loved it. So this morning I decided it was a good day to take it down a notch and try the Perfect 30 yoga. Now- disclaimer - I am not a huge yoga person - its right up there next to my distain for core work. So I think I need to make myself do this and the mobility workout more to really get a feel for how the workout is supposed to feel. All I can say is I wish I had one of those circle yoga mats becasue I kept turning mine so I could see the screen properly.

Have a great day everyone!!

Today is my 2nd rest day for the week. I am sore from the workout yesterday so today seems like the perfect day to rest :) I slept like a rock last night, it is amazing how good you can sleep when you get a lot of physical activity.

Belinda, thanks for the info on Yvette's website and I am going to sign up. Why not, it is only $6.99 and I love her workouts, they always incorporate legs and that is the body part I need to work most.

Doreen, nice workout today. I am going to sign up for Yvette's workouts because I hate the commercials during the workouts on Youtube.

Debbie, At least you got to get a walk in today and the rest for your upper body will help.

Diane Sue, have a nice workout today. I am going to vote today since early voting starts today in our county.

Roselyn, I am glad you are enjoying the new workouts and you went heavier this time.

BBL to read your posts for the day.

Happy Friday.

Quick check in for me. I did Cathe step plus SBF Outer Tight Target.

Getting my MRI done today. Gotta run. I will be back later to catch up on personals.

The landscapers are here finally. No grandchildren again. I am not sure why they chose to not have school today. Maybe some schools in the district are still without power. My daughter is just doing my grandson's school work with him since she is home.
I did Cathe Live Lighten Up Total Body #312, 59 minutes(53 actual), heat rate 91/142, 132 calories, 1,521 steps.
I followed it with Perfect 30 extended stretch which I did not start my Fitbit for.
That is it for today. I am probably going to have to take a couple of days off from workouts next week to go out and vote and I have an arthritis appointment along with school. Both things I will be doing in the morning.

Cathe Live 312 Lighten Up Total Body 53 minutes
weights 5's and 10's and medium tubing also a mat is used
Mostly legs at first then second half moves into upper body at 28 minutes into the workout, a few moves use both
squats/deadlifts 10# dumbbells alternating with various reps and counts
reverse lunges and lunge pulses 10# dbs
side to side lunge and pulses 10# db
alternating lunge rows 5# dumbbell
pulse squats, lunge front, side front switch body weight
air squats
walking lunge 3 steps then turn squat go other direction 10# dbs
air squat
side lunge leg lift alternating body weight
side lunge tap down 10# dbs
single leg deadlift 10# dumbbell 7 right 7 left
rear cross back lunge singles and pulses 10# dbs
calf raises 10# dbs (this ends at 21 minutes) Just in case I want to split it
posture pulls with reverse lunges medium tubing
bow and arrow with tubing and step back lunge 12 reps each
biceps curls with plie 10# dumbbells
starting at 28 minutes solid upper/core
banded weight curls medium tubing and 5# dumbbells
tubing holding both handles 1 arm curl reps
banded overhead triceps extensions
kickbacks with tubing
lying glute squeeze with extension 10's?
triceps push ups knees
overhead press 16 reps 10# dbs
upright rows 16 reps 10# dbs
tubing shoulder circles front 16 then back 16
shoulder band pulls
scarecrow 5# dbs 16 reps
walk out push ups
fly with leg extensions 10# dbs 20 reps
eccentric push ups 4 total
standing back fly 1 arm 10#
seated t band
seated Y's
going into core
seated w band around 1 foot twist
tubing sit ups 12 reps
sit ups with 5# dbs overhead and side to side
side plank hip raises12 right and 12 left
tubing superman ( I just did reverse crunches)

Last edited:
Roselyn, nice work going heavier with Perfect 30 lower.

Debbie, nice work getting a treadmill workout in before work this morning. I hope all day training does not mean all day sitting at a computer!

Doreen, nice work today and getting in some yoga. I keep thinking that I would like one of those round mats too. I have had long yoga workouts where I would have to keep turning my mat as well. Jessica Smith has them on her yoga work too. I usually end up sharing mine with my dog and half of me is using the floor. I used to do it all on my thick puzzle mats. They really like to slide on the carpet we have upstairs for some reason. I have not had that problem in other homes. Even my yoga mat scoots and I have to get up and adjust mid workout. I do have a couple of extra large mats that are smooth on one side and pebbled on the other, but they are not yoga mats. My husband got them for me before we got the puzzle mats which are thick.

Jolie, they are starting early voting here too. Have fun voting ;) That is great that you got a good nights sleep in. I had over 6 hours that were better than the rest of the week. This time I tried Vital Proteins Collagen Sleep formula. No melatonin in it. So a little over 2 hours of deep and rem sleep. Those youtube commercials are so annoying. We go to youtube for school lessons and have been getting political ads. Even when I like the politician I find it annoying as I just want to see what I went there for.

Belinda, I hope things go well with the mri today. Sending prayers out that things come out with helpful information.

Last edited:
Good morning,

I signed up for CL after seeing the clip on Thursday. I did Cathe Live # 320 Halloween Hocus Pocus. Cathe is so cute in this one. The workout was short and fun.

Julie - you are welcome! Have fun with her workouts. I don't do them too often. YT workouts work fine for me. I just signed up for a month for CL. I am super excited to try some of her workouts.

Diane - thank you. The MRI went well. Hopefully I get the results soon.

Roselyn - great job yesterday.

Debbie - sorry your shoulder is still causing you problems. Great job on the walk.

Doreen - the only difference between the YT workouts and her paid subscription is there are no ads. They do make $$$ when they upload workouts and have over 1000 views/subscribers on YT. Millionaire Hoy took his down because people were downloading them instead of viewing them.

Today is my DD's 35th birthday. I will try to check in tomorrow. BBL!

Today I did Walk Strong 3 Step Jam 32 minutes, 159 calories, heart rate 117/146, 3,358 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Box Fit workout # 1 dvd, 32 minutes, heart rate 121/161, 172 calories, 3,609 steps. I finished off with Perfect 30 Flow timesaver mobility strength and flexibility strength, heart rate 84/103, 23 minutes(20 actual) 59 steps, 28 calories. Total time was 87 minutes, 371 calories, 6,996 steps.

Belinda, I will have to check out the Hocus Pocus workout. Although I will have to drag my laptop upstairs for that. I hope you have fun celebrating your daughter's birthday.

Last edited:
This morning I did P30 Lower Body and then went for an hour bike ride - The weather was nice here today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.