Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2020

I am back from my trip from visiting my son and watching his football game, which they won!!!! It took us 10 hours to drive home yesterday and I am so sore from sitting. Now, i have to drive to my parents house to pick up my dog, they were going to meet me yesterday but my mom had an accident and had to got to the Urgent Care. So, after today, i will be back working out full time, thank you Lord Jesus!!! Now i have to get back in the car for at least 4.5 hours of driving :( but i am excited to pick up my dog. Everyone is killing it with their workouts except me! Time to get back at.

I will check back in to read your posts later.

Reactions: WD
I did Pump 30 plus the upper bonus.

Jolie - congratulations on the win!! That's fantastic. Glad you had an amazing time. Hope your mom is ok. Sending her good vibes.

BBL!

Perfect 30 lower body and the Mobility basics workouts this morning. I enjoyed the Lower body workout - plenty of variety and it keeps moving. Mobility basics was nice.

Today I did the rest of the Perfect 30 workouts that I have not done. The dvds came today so it probably would have been easier to string together with premixes. I just did some short bonus workouts one at a time. I started with Perfect Pump Lower Body, 35 heart rate 97/144, 679 steps, 92 calories using the same weights as Cathe. I then did Perfect 30 Lower Body Bonus which was floor work, 7 minutes, 6 steps, 7 calories. I stopped here for my grandson's morning class, except zoom was not working. Freezing and power outages. So we did the work via youtube videos from the teacher. Then I did Perfect 30 Hiit Pyramid Bonus done on the step (Cathe says you can do it without a step or modify) 14 minutes, heart rate 111/143, 1,232 steps, added Flow Bonus core, 10 minutes, 15 calories, heart rate 90/103, 62 steps. I finished off with Upper Bonus and Hiit extended stretch, 13 minutes, 16 calories, heart rate 90/103. Total time was 78 minutes, 190 calories, 1979 steps. I did like the workout. It moves quickly. Not much time to write anything down as the breaks are fairly short and you are just moving from one set of a move to a new move. Lousy calorie burn again today for how much time that I spent. Anyway, now I have been through them all I will just mix them in here and there with Kelly and Cathe Live. I felt like I had done the extended Hiit stretch, but it is not in my notes. Maybe both exteneded stretches were the same or I was getting repetition from one of the flow workouts.
Pyramid Hiit had most of it's jumping on to the step at the start of it. Jumping on and off and straddle jumping. Then it was swimmers, also flip turns with one foot on the step. I did not jump off the step every time, I stepped off instead.

Pump Lower Body (lots of deadlifts in these two workouts) high step with 3 risers for some moves
Squats 25's 12 reps
Static Lunges 20# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 30# dbs 12 reps
pick up squats 40# db 12 reps
elevated lunge right 15# dbs 12 reps
explosive lunges no weights one foot on high step 16 reps
elevated lunge left 15# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts toes elevated 30# dbs 12 reps
heels elevated front squat 15# dbs 12 reps
step ups 15# ds 12 reps right the 12 left
single leg deadlift 30# db 10 reps each
front lunges 15# db 10 each
close grip squat 40# db 12 reps
squat cross over lunges 6 inch step 15# db 10 reps each side
forward leaning glute lunges 15# db 6 inch step 10 each
cossack squat 12# db 12 reps
calf raises 25#dbs 25 reps
calf raises 2 25# dbs 20 reps
calf raises 3 25# dbs 15 reps
BONUS LOWER
hamstring presses 10# dumbbell held behind knee 8 slow then 32 pulses each leg
outer thigh presses tubing
high step glute bridges with tubing

Debbie, I like Raw Step 2 and have done it a lot. One thing about her error is it is easy to just go on as she does not have real difficult choreography, or traveling across and around the step a lot. I don't understand the stuff with the Fitbit. I had it pop up 150 right at the start when I was barely moving, but it did not show up in my overall workout. So, I don't know what that is all about. Maybe it is encouraging to get it up to 150. Maybe you could just get the Cathe service where you can do all of her dvds to try them rather than purchase them.

Belinda, I am so sorry. How discouraging. I hope that they can find a medication that helps. Did you do both of the pump workouts?

Jolie, I hope that your mother is okay. Wonderful that your son's team one. I hate sitting in a car for hours on end. It takes effort to crawl out and stand up. It sounds like you need to do some stretching when you get back.

Doreen, I kind of like the lower body since it is not endless sets of the same move. It does move quickly.

Getting ready to do some lower impact cardio. I was checking the two ab/core workouts in the user guide and they are the same workout. Now I know why the moves were familiar yesterday. I wonder why they did that?

Good morning,

Today I went for a walk with DD. She is visiting. I also did SBF UB 3.

Diane - thank you. I hope the other meds will help. I did Pump upper body plus the bonus. I haven't checked out the new core workouts. After doing 2 SBF core workout last week my core were fried.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

I did P30 LI Hiit today. And this was fun - like HI HIIT there are little patterns to almost each move. I loved the Heisman pattern - I think I could do that all day.

Then I followed with my new all-time favorite step workout from Giana on Youtube... DOUBLE STEP!!! I'm so excited - I've always wanted to do a double step workout and she is amazing - so much fun with 2 steps!!

Today I did Kelly's RAW Weights 2 and had a great workout, or at least I thought I did. I like this workout, it is fun and moves along really well.

This is what I did:

Each move was 45 seconds with a short maybe 10 second break. These were not done circuit style, each exercises was 2 sets in a row.

Squats: 15's - 2 sets
Plie Squats: 25# - 2 sets
Deadlift/Squats: 15's - 2 sets

Dumbbell Press: 15's - 2 sets
Explosive Reverse Flies: 12's - 2 sets
Pullovers: 25# - 2 sets
Seated Supinated Hammer Curls: 10's - 2 sets
W Curls: 10's - 2 sets
Situps to Overhead Press: 10's - 2 sets (these are hard on the shoulder, I don't like them)
Leaning back w/Knees Up & Hammer Curls: 10's - (I did Hammer Curls only)
Russian Twist w/Knees Up: 10's - (I did not bring my knees up)

Alternate Front Lunges: 10's - 2 sets
Alternate Back Lunges: 10's - 2 sets
Alternate Side Lunges: 10# - 2 sets (I did curtsy lunges instead)

Tate Press: 10's - 2 sets (I hate this exercise, I did Lying Extensions)
Seated Bent Over Lateral Raise, Thumbs Up: 8's - 2 sets (I did regular lateral raises)
Seated Overhead Press to Triceps Extension: 8's - 2 sets

Abs

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 247 calories, went 745 steps and HR was 119/185.

Belinda - I'm so sorry to hear about your ear again, OMG. I sure hope they can find some meds that will help with that. That must be horrible to deal with. Hugs girl.

Jolie - Congrats to your son and his team for winning the game! That is awesome. You sure did a lot of driving, that is not fun.

Diane - The workout you did yesterday - the leg one - looks good. Great job on getting it done!! You sound so busy all the time, I don't know how you deal with it. I hope your grandkids go to school face to face soon.

Doreen - Great job with your workouts.

Have a great day everyone, gotta get going, I'm so busy at work!!

Good morning my friends! It was great to get back into the gym today. Today was cardio, TM 2.1 miles, 40 minutes, 6.5 incline and 3.2 speed. Next, I ran on my Elliptical, 11 minutes Interval Mode, 2 minutes high resistance high incline, 2 minutes lower resistance and lower incline alternating. I traveled 1.2 miles. Total workout time was 51 minutes and I burned 542 calories. Heart rate was 137/171. I feel great!

I got caught in the Southern California fire yesterday going to get my dog and boy was that a mess. I was going down the Hwy and the smoke was getting really dark and all of a sudden we came to a stop because flames were jumping the hwy. So I got onto the shoulder of the hwy and backed up my car for a 1/2 of a mile or so, and got on the exit to get out of there. The smoke was so heavy i had to wear my mask in the car. I had to drive way out of the way and my trip to pick up my dog took 5.5 hours!!! I am so sick of driving. I think the fire is under control and close to being out. It was located near my old house in Tustin. What a nightmare.

Debbie, fantastic workout today, I certainly want to do that one! I still have to make some room in my gym room and I will need some help from my DH this weekend. It is very cramped and hard to move around and set up for a workout. I want to sign up for Kelly's workouts, i have to go on her website and figure that out.

Doreen, nice job with the workout today.

Belinda, nice to get to walk with your daughter this morning. Have a wonderful visit with her.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today doing the lower impact cardio!

Roselyn, How is doing hair on the floor going? I wish you could do my hair.

Off to AAA to renew my registration and then I am going to early vote to avoid getting beat up on election day because i am a Trump supporter. Please God let him win!!!

Make it a wonderful day.

Today I did Perfect 30 Low Impact Hiit 32 minutes, heart rate 117/154, 144 calories, 2,657 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Step 4 using 2# dumbbells for all but the jacks and I dropped to 1#, 31 minutes, heart rate 120/142, 151 calories, 2,937 steps. I finished off with a Perfect 30 Flow premix yoga strength and flexibility and mobility express #1, took me 37 minutes because I had so many calls and texts this morning (actual time 31 minutes) 48 calories, heart rate 86/105, 156 steps. Total time 1 hour and 40 minutes, 343 calories, 5,731steps.
I had to stop when my ladies group was texting back and forth about who was out of power and trees breaking with the ice. I took texting off of my watch notifications for while I worked out as it messes with the heart rate tracking and it seems to have to find my heart rate all over again. Then I started answering ones from my daughters so, it was a lot of interruptions and my dog kept wanting to bark when I need her quiet so my husband can sleep. She seemed to think that someone was outside because of branches cracking. Hoping those hanging down do not mess up our new fence we just had put up.
No school today ad the teachers were off because of icy roads. I need to call the City and let them know one of my trashcans are missing. I went out last night to bring in the two trashcans and one was set up on the curb and the other was gone. It is not windy, so someone must have taken it.
So I bought some of the Vital Proteins sleep formula with collagen powder. Both times I have taken it I had some extra deep sleep, but my nights were short and rem was almost non existent. In fact Fitbit would not even give me a sleep score becasue there was not enough to give me one. I ended up with hours and 43 minutes total sleep. I The sleep formula has collagen, GABA, 5 -htp, magnesium glycinate, B vitamins and L-theanine. I have been hesitant on the 5-htp because I have read that you should not use it if you have an autoimmune disease. Anyway, I read a study the other day, I think it was through Livestrong that there has been studies that show 5-htp to help slow or stop rheumatoid arthritis if it is taken at the onset. Also something about it helping asthma. These were apparently newer findings though. Anyway, I thought I would give it a try. Vital proteins have I think 3 formulas for rest , recovery, and sleep. I also picked up some of the sleep shots that have magnesium, collagen, hyaluronic acid, gaba, and melatonin in it. Then there is a night time kind of collagen latte mix with stuff for sleep. I did better with the shots as I got over 6 hours of sleep and a good sleep score. Not excellent though. I hate being tired all of the time.

Belinda, if you look at the user guide, both core workouts are the same. Nice that you have your daughter there to go for a walk with you. I doubt many people are out walking around here today. My youngest daughter is without power right now. She is a teacher so is at home with the children today and did the youngest work with him early and got it submitted before the power went out.

Doreen, I like the Heisman move in that workout. I noticed today that she mentions if you do not like the drill segments you can do something else. I am not a fan of the suicide type move running from one end of the room to the other and touching down. Maybe I will get used to it eventually. I remember that from another workout, maybe it was crossfire or one of the crosstrain workouts, and it was a dread factor to me. Main reason I never liked the Bootcamp workout on 4 Day Split was the drills. I need to look at the workout with double steps.

Debbie, that was a good lower body workout. I see she has premixes than can eliminate the step portions or only do the light weight stuff and mixes with upper and lower. Nice workout today. I like that one, but do remember you do not like the tate press. I am okay with it, but you have had problems with your elbows so I understand how that direction would be uncomfortable.

Jolie, that is terrible that you had to drive through that and take a long route home with your dog. I gather traffic was not too bad since you were able to back up to an off ramp? I bet you are so relieved to be home. Great workout today. I bet that really felt good to get moving again.

P30 Upper Body plus upper body bonus and then re-did parts of the double step workout from yesterday.

I do like this upper body workout.

Today I did Kelly's TLC Boxing workout. I haven't done this one ever and have the DVD. I did it on her RAW Channel. Fun workout, I used my 1# handweights.

I probably shouldn't have done this workout, my left shoulder and upper back are still really bothering me and my right elbow was really feeling the punches. Why do I keep doing workouts that aggravate everything? Probably because I love them so much and there really isn't many workouts that don't include moving your arms all over the place. I'm going to try and lay on heating pad this evening and see if that makes it any better. This is getting to be ridiculous. I'm starting to wonder if I have Bursitis?

Workout was 30 minutes but it took me 38 because I thought it was the 2nd workout and had to fast forward it. Then I realized I was doing the athletic one so I had to start over. LOL! Oh well. I burned 261 calories, did 3567 steps and HR was 129/197. I doubt I hit 197, I didn't even break a sweat with this one. It was fun though.

Jolie - Great job with your workout, good to have you back!! Wow on those fires, I sure hope they end soon. This has been going on for months and months. Someone needs to come up with a way to put these things out quickly but how? My heart breaks everytime I see the devastation those fires are leaving behind. God bless everyone involved in that. I also can't wait until the election is over. I'm sick of it all. My DH and I and my mom voted last weekend. GO TRUMP!! KAGA!!

Diane - I cannot believe how cold it is all over the southern areas!! We have had steady 40 degree days but no snow or ice as of yet. I'm sure we'll get our share, though. Nice job on your workouts yesterday, you did a lot! At least you had a break from school!

Doreen - Nice workout this morning!

Belinda - Hope you are doing better, thinking about you!

Roxie - Hope you are doing good and your workouts are going well.

Roselyn - Where you be girl? How is work going? Are you on the floor yet?

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone,

I had my appointment with my Rheumatologist this morning. He believes the ear infections I had in the past were Relapsing Polychondeitis (RP) not ear infections. No wonder the antibiotics never worked. He is changing my meds, which I have to be monitored by getting regular blood tests. The new meds have list of side effects. My ear never completely cleared up since I was released from the hospital.

Yesterday DD and I did a Latin Dance Sculpt class. That was a tone of fun. DD belongs to the the gym in DC, they also offer live classes online. I did SBF Cardio Tone for Beginners.

Debbie - thank you! Sorry about your back and shoulder. Hope you feel better soon. I have that workout, need to pull it out soon.

Diane - that is weird that both ab workouts are the same. The weather is very nice here. DD comment on the weather, it's rainy/cloudy in DC. I am not complaining. Glad you got a break from your grandchildren.

Jolie - great job yesterday. Glad you are back. Heartbreaking about the fires. So sad. I hope you guys stay safe.

I will be back to catch up on more personals.

Today I did CL #276 All In Upper Body and had a fantastic workout. I have gained some weight over this workout break so I really need to get serious about my workouts and eating. Todays workout was 58 minutes, i added some AB exercises at the end since this workout didn't include ABS. Calories burned were 408, heart rate was 124/182. That is wrong, I don't even get that high running sprints on the elliptical. However, I typically burn close to 400 calories for this workout each time I do it. It is going to be warm here this weekend, 80 degrees and dry.

Debbie, You probably have Fascia like I have and until it is broken up, it just keeps getting bothered and tight when we do a workout that stretches it. Nice job on the workout and I hope the heating pad works. Maybe do the Back Jack again to break up the knots? I have the same issue with my right side. When my husband really works it and gets the knots to go away I seem to be fine, then I do a boxing workout and there it is again. That is exactly why I have not been doing those types of workouts lately, though I love them.

Doreen, way to go on the workout today. What does P30 stand for?

Belinda, Wow on the ear situation! I hope this doctor gets it right and you get some relief. When ever I get the feeling of an ear infection coming on, I put Mullen and Garlic oil in my ear and it goes away ASAP. The drops are amazing and you can get them at Sprouts. The Latin Salsa dancing sounds like a lot of fun.

Diane Sue, Maybe you should get hypnotized, I bet you could get some relief because it really works. You need to tell your sub conscious mind what to do and it will do it. Look into it, it is not that expensive and it really works.

I have so much unpacking to do I dont know where to start. First I must line the shelves with paper of some sort and then go for it. Yuck. I do have my gym room finished, I worked on it all day yesterday.

Today I did Cathe Live Low Impact Sweat plus Core #319, 48 minutes, heart rate 109/145, 173 calories, 2,5889 steps. This one has two low impact cardio drills followed by a couple of weight segments through out. She uses 10's most of the time, but I think one 8# segment and 5# for some cardio moves. I lowered to 3# since there was boxing type moves and as usual she adds in shoulder moves to the compound move to help get the heart rate up. I modified here and there. I also had a hard time with the 10's for a move that through in front raises, I just did a few and then did something else.
I followed this with Kelly Coffey Super Sculpt dvd premix step and box, 32 minutes, heart rate 119/151, 149 calories, 2,748 steps. I finished with Perfect 30 Flow timesaver mobility basics stretch 20 minutes, 19 calories, 27 steps, heart rate 81/99. Total time was 1 hour 40 minutes, 341 calories, 5,364 steps.
I was going to check out our mail and see if I could pry the box open, but it was pouring hard and I bet it is not thawed yet. There are broken off branches clear at the tops of the trees. I don't know where they are situated after falling, but I am sure some will be hitting the ground or whatever. I just wish it was not over our entire back yard that is small. The dog went out with me and high tracked it back to the front door. She was having no part of going out on the grass. So much for the landscapers getting work done. The power just went out for a bit. It keeps flickering. I hope that we do not lose power.

Debbie, I am also getting myself more stretching the last few days. I don't know what it is, but pretty much every workout has something to aggravate those areas. I guess there is spin workouts, which generally bore me unless it is one of Kelly's Ripped and Ride workouts. I just try to get my body into those workouts more. The one I did today she uses 3# for the boxing. I used 2's. I was starting to feel it in that upper back area and the feeling would run up into the trap and shoulder area. It is irritating. How do you get a good workout in and have fun when it is like that? I sure wish I could do the workouts like I used to. That is great that you got out and took your mother with you to vote. My daughter is doing early voting. Probably on the weekend. I am going to my polling place on election day. My husband already did his by mail, which he normally would not do, but his work hours have been crazy and long and he never knows when it will change. He has to work 12 hours Thanksgiving. He took it straight to the post office inside to mail it. I enjoy watching the rallies.
October is not the usual time of year for ice, but our weather is so unpredictable here.

Doreen, I like both the lower body and upper of the new Perfect 30 workouts. I am glad I purchased the set. I think the pyramid bonus hiit is doable with some modifications. Cathe does say you can do it on the floor and I did the jumps as jump on and step off the step. The jumping was during the first half.

Jolie, my prayers every day is that he wins and we can keep our freedoms. I kind of wish I had done an early vote, but then I just want to go inside to vote on election day. I think we have more conservatives here, but then my husband was pretty aggravated at the primaries by a younger group behind us. I told him I would wear my I stand for I Freedom T Shirt from nine line clothing, but I am afraid I might get assaulted in a parking lot somewhere. I didn't feel that way when I first bought it, but then after all that has gone on I worry about it. It should not be that way! Do you ever follow Prager U? They have so much good stuff.

Belinda, I hope this time the meds really help and they have found the problem. I have to get my blood work done once a year and the eye tests for taking hydroxychloraquine. I think next week is when I am do for bloodwork again. One thing about it, I can look online at all of the results and see what may need some adjustments or work. Because of that I have added some methyl folate and B 12 to my supplements. I am glad that your weather is nice there. Ours was beautiful before this freeze came in. I bet the class was fun with your daughter.

Today I just walked on my treadmill for a bit. Arm and shoulder and upper back are still bothering me. I'm not sure if I should just take a total week off next week or what? It might do me some good. I'll think about it.

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 284 calories, went 2.11 miles, did 5062 steps and HR was119-178. Sorry, never got up to 178, this thing is flaky!

Belinda - Hopefully the new meds will work, glad they figured out what is going on. Great job with the workout, the dance one sounds like you had fun!! :)

Jolie - Great job with your weight workout, don't worry, you'll get back to where you were and it won't take long. Muscle memory is a beautiful thing! So I have been using my body buddy for months now. I know exactly where the knots are and I press on them really hard and even wiggle the knob around to try and massage it. It feels better afterwards but then as soon as I workout again, the knot is back. I've also been using my back massager about twice a week and that does a good job as well. I used the body buddy after my workout today and I feel ok right now - but I took an Aleve and those help tremendously. I'm thinking a total break from movement might help, so I might take next week off. I'll see how I'm doing by Sunday evening.

Diane - Did you like the CL workout you did yesterday? Was it fun? Sounds like it was a good one. I want to try all these workouts but so afraid to make this issue worse again. I'm sick of it. I just don't get what's going on. So you guys had so much ice that trees are coming down in your yard? That's scary - that's something that happens here, not down south. Wow. Hope it is getting warmer there now.

Roselyn - Good job with your workout. Are you working on the floor yet? How is it going?

Have great workouts everyone!!

I did KCM TLC boxing this morning and then did 25 mintues of a Michelle Dozis Club Cardio Interval routine.

Good morning,

I did Perfect 30 LB and SBF Tabata.

Jolie - thank you. I will check into it when I get an ear infection.

Debbie - I was diagnose in the hospital. I have Relapsing poychondirtis. I am having another flair up. Relapsing polychondritis is a rare autoimmune rheumatic disorder characterized by episodes of painful, destructive inflammation of the cartilage and other connective tissues in many organs. The ears or nose may become inflamed and tender. The medicine my Rheumatologist put me on yesterday scares me to be honest. Had stomach cramping and my throat hurt last night. It's one of the side effects. I already took all 4 tablets last night. Not sure if I want to take another dose again next week? Plus I am also taking the current medicine for Relapsing poychondirtis and the cortisone.

Diane - they know the problem, it's just finding the right medicine for RP. Had more blood test done today. I can also check online for my results. I can't take anything without letting my Rheumatologist know, he wants to know everything I take. The new meds I am on I can't take the flu shot either. It's raining here today.

Have a great day and workout. I will catch up later with personals.

Last edited:
Today I went for it and did Yvette Bachman, Moderate impact multi muscle group and core and had a fantastic workout, but is damn near killed me :) This workout is primarily working legs, shoulders, biceps and core. I used a 3 riser step for the cardio portions that are 40 seconds alternating with weights for 12 to 16 reps, some are compound exercises. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 621 calories. I burned 79 calories more than the last time I did the workout, I guess since I had to workout extra hard since I am so out of shape. Heart rate was 134/179. I think I wont be walking very well tomorrow since every exercise incorporated legs somehow, but right now I feel amazing.

I workout in the garage with the door up and all the neighbors see me when walking by with their dogs and I have the nicest neighbors, I feel blessed. A lot of ladies my age who workout too, it is nice to have things in common with people you live by. I love my new house, it is small but very homey and nice. I feel truly blessed that we could live in such a nice neighborhood.

Debbie, nice TM workout today. I have the exact same issue as you and yes, Aleve works wonders for me too. I bet a rest will help, it certainly fixed my issue for the moment. The knot needs to release and sometimes doing nothing to aggravate it works best. Maybe do some yoga instead for a week or just do cardio on the TM or Max Trainer?

Belinda, Nice job with the Perfect 30 workout, is that Cathe's new workout program?

Diane Sue, Nice workout yesterday. I hope your weather is better today, ours is warm and sunny, they call it Indian Summer weather. Our mornings are cool now which is great for working out, I can now do cardio without dying like in the summer. That is probably why I gained weight, I just couldnt do the cardio when it was so hot.

Doreen, nice workout today.

Roselyn, way to go on the workouts.

Make it a great day. Our in person voting starts tomorrow so I will vote tomorrow. I dont want to get caught in the long lines on Tuesday. God help us if Biden wins, welcome to Socialism. When we went to Reno we bought some more guns and ammo, the Dems will try to take our 2nd Amendment rights away. We need a bigger gun safe! Trump 2020

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.