Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2020

Wow, October already. Unbelievable.

Today I did a Max Trainer workout: Intervals for Champions with Amy Dixon. OMG, what a hard workout this was, I bet it's one of the hardest of the series. Loved it but it kicked my butt. This one has you go all the way up to resistance 11 and you're supposed to do a 25 second sprint there. How are you supposed to do that when you can barely move the pedals? LOL!! I did my best and I enjoyed the workout.

I was excited to see my FB seemed to be working good - it showed I was at 161 bpm after the 2nd interval which was probably correct. Then I looked at it again after a couple more intervals and it said I was at 48 bpm. W - T - F? Did I go back to bed or something? That is my resting sleeping HR. Stupid thing. Yikes.

Workout was 20 minutes, burned 124 calories (MT said 167), went .38 miles, did 1038 steps and HR was 121/162. Oh and I warmed up using GSLegs.

Then I got on my treadmill for 22 minutes, burned 152 calories, went 1.07 miles, did 2719 steps and my HR was 124/139.

Roxie - Excellent job with your workout, glad to see you posting again!

Diane - Great job with your workouts yesterday. You get it done no matter what, I don't know how you do it. If I don't workout first thing in the morning, forget it. You are very driven. Well, let's see if they debate again, hopefully they will tell us what their plans are and talk civilized to each other. I just want this election to be over, sick of hearing about it.

Jolie - Hope all is well and that you are feeling better.

Belinda - Great job with Giant Sets this morning! How are things going with your ear and your eating?

Have a great day all!

So I tried out a new app this morning and LOVED it!! They are mountain bike spin rides - right now they only have a few trails but there are several different styles of rides you can do on each trail. I did the guided ride so there is an instructor up in the right corner talking you through the sections while you follow the first person view of the biker riding the trail. Time flew by as I was watching the trail ahead on the screen - great scenery! Now I want to go and do the trail - its only about 2.5 hours from my house!! (I'm on the 7 day free trial right now) And if you want to know what a real mountain bike ride looks like this was pretty close - nothing can make up for the lack of oxygen as you climb in altitude or the technical challenge of staying on the bike but this was fun.

I have been able to get so much done the last few days, I now have a sense of relief. Busy, busy, Busy is what I am, I cant wait for this move to be over. Today, we are having another heat wave, the fires are out of control up North, everything is UP IN SMOKE! My gym room is hot even with the air conditioner on, my house has such big windows so a lot of sun comes in, so I got some water and went for a walk outside before it got too hot. I walked for 1 hour which is 3 miles. I did not wear my FB because it wasn't charged so i have no idea about my calorie burn. We do not have any smoke where I live so I am feeling lucky.

Debbie, nice cardio workout today!!! I am starting with my elliptical tomorrow, i bet it will kill me :) Also, my rowing machine is really tuff too, I need to incorporate that into my workouts again. If I start sts, I will row during the 1 minute rest breaks.

Belinda, you are doing so well with your workouts, it's like you were never sick! You go girl!

Doreen, that new mountain bike app sounds like a great workout for you, I know how much you like to ride. I am so bored lately, I cant wait to start something new after I move.

Roselyn, how amazing that you spoke about your father at the mass, you are a great daughter. I don't think I could do it, I would break down and it would be ugly. God Bless your Dad.

Diane Sue, I hope you get in a great workout today. I will BBL to read your post.

Have a wonderful day, I hope it is cooler where you all live because it is scorching here today.

Today I did Cathe Live #8 High Intensity Cardio Step, 44 minutes, 221 calories, heart rate 123/149, 4256 steps. I followed this with Walk Strong 3 Yoga Strength + Stretch, 34 minutes, (actual was 30 but I added some rolling on my upper back and shoulders) 43 calories, 104 steps, heart rate was 86/126.
Total Time was 78 minutes, 4,360 steps. This step workout had some light weight moves with step the last few minutes. I used 3# and mostly did curls and not shoulders.

Roselyn, nice that you got a workout in this morning.

Belinda, nice work with Strong and Sweaty Giant Sets and your walk today.

Debbie, my Fit Bit often starts out good and all of a sudden as I start working harder it starts going backwards. I really think my workout today should have been in the 350 calorie range and and my heart rate should have been at least 10bpm or a little more for average and for max. I think that we know after years of working out where it should be. You got in a great workout despite the Fitbit reading. I need to start researching something else as I really am annoyed with Fitbit. I like all of the features, but when it is inaccurate, it is kind of useless. I am going back and see what Withings watch does. Probably will not have the message and phone calls on it though and I really like that feature when I leave my phone downstairs. I generally give up on workouts if they are not done in the morning. But, giving them up for months is not something I want to do, so I keep working around it as best I can.
I am anxious to get past the election, but I don't look forward to it, if it ends badly with out freedoms going away and taxes go up when government spending is out of control, and ridiculous medical costs. Nothing is free and anyone that thinks so is ignorant. Either way we get the ugliness. Trump will have to withstand garbage thrown at him for another 4 years.

Doreen, that would be a great way to enjoy your rides when you have to do them indoors. Great that you can go to that trail for real since it is nearby. I remember doing treadmill walks with videos when I had my Nautilus treadmill. My favorite was Red Rock.

Jolie, it is pretty nice here right now. We had a couple of days where it got chilly down to the 40's. Now temps are back up and the air is running. I keep it at 79 in the house. I used to tolerate it during the day in the 80's, but since my husband is home during the day trying to sleep this year I have kept the air running. That is nice that you had a break and took a walk. I bet you are getting excited about getting moved into your home. Houses are selling fast around here, but one drawback is the buyer is paying more. We have had 3 houses by us that sold within a month. One had a sign up for 2 days and it seems it is sold. One never got a sign put up. The woman moved out two days with help, and the other people moved in quickly. I think she must have bought nearby as they took loads in pickups and the trips were quick and they were right back.

Good morning,

Strong & Sweaty Cardio Slam is done.

Jolie - thanks! I do have to modify a lot. I am sorry about all the smoke in CA. This is horrible. Wished they get it under control. Great job on your 3 mile walk yesterday.

Diane - Great job yesterday as well.

Have a wonderful day and workout.

Good morning all! So I was supposed to lift today but my body is feeling tired, sore and I have knots again in my upper back so I thought I'd just do an easy walk on my treadmill.

Workout was 52 minutes, burned 342 calories, went 2.42 miles, (tm said 2.54 miles) did 6130 steps and HR was 121/177. So I seriously did NOT hit 177. I looked at my watch at one time and it showed 125 which is normal when I walk. Next time I looked down it said 177. :rolleyes: Also, before the first update my mileage was exact to my treadmill, now look how different it is. I don't get it.

Doreen - That app looks cool, makes you definitely want to stay on the bike! Glad you found it.

Jolie - So happy for you that you have so much stuff packed up already. That has to be the worst job ever. When do you get to move in? I feel so bad for all the people dealing with those fires, that is just so terrible. We hardly hear about them here, but I read about them from other sources. So sad how they can't get them under control.

Diane - How did you like #8 yesterday? I never know if you like the workouts you do or not. LOL!! Is it fun? Easy to follow? I'm looking for different things other than kickboxing for a while. I agree about what you wrote about things being free. Nothing is free and people who believe that are just not being realistic. Free college? Really? When will that ever happen? Never. Yet that is what is promised all the time and people believe it. Anyways, I could go on and on. I'm praying for our president and the first lady due to this Covid diagnosis they just received. Scary.

Belinda - Great job with Cardio Slam! Sounds hard!! Glad you are back to working out like an animal again! LOL!!

Roselyn - Hope you are doing well. Been thinking about you.

Roxie - Hope you have a great workout today!!

Have a great weekend everyone!! I am going to decorage for Halloween and can't wait!!

DH is back in the office. That means I am up very early again so we can workout together. If I miss someone I am sorry, it's early :)

Debbie - great job on your walk this morning. Hope you feel better soon. You should pull Strong & Sweaty out. They are a lot of fun. Did you end up buying a new dvd player, lol? Did you preordered Cathe's Perfect 30?

Reactions: WD
I did a two part workout this morning: First Legs with Sydney:

And then some step to finish off an hour. (This was fun- I'll have to finish combos 2 & 3 later)

OK, this is too weird! Debbie, I did not look at your post until now, and I too walked for 52 minutes today! Crazy, but you know it is a full Harvest Moon and you know crazy stuff happens during this time. I walked on my TM on my Hill Mode and synced it with my Fitbit to stop at 500 calories, which happened to be at 52 minutes. This was a very tuff workout, the whole thing is almost at an incline. I traveled 2.7 miles and burned 501 calories. Heart rate was 123/178. My body is starting to feel better, taking a few weeks off from a lot of lifting really helped my muscles settle down. Except for this week, I only lifted 2 times for the week and did 3 days of cardio. This week is all cardio because of my Chiro adjustment. I just got out my Cathe dvd, Stretch Max and I am going to start stretching more, per my Chiro's advice. When we lift we shorten the muscles and if we dont stretch it, it shortens and that is when the problems start. He said that when we age we have stretch more, it is important that we do it.

Debbie, nice 52 minute walk today :) Give yourself a break from lifting for a few weeks, it is amazing how much better you will feel. Your muscles will relax and then you can start lifting again. I have lost a lot of muscle and size quickly but it comes back so fast I am not going to worry about it. Do you have the Stretch Max dvd? I remember liking these stretch workouts so I am going to try them again.

Doreen, nice workouts today. That step workout is too fancy for me, I get too dizzy:)

Doreen, I have to start getting up early again too. I am so much more productive when I get up before it is light outside. Great job on the Cardio Slam workout, I have never done that workout before.

Roselyn, I hope you are doing ok.

Roxie, have a great workout today.

Diane Sue, nice long workout yesterday. I will come back later to read your post for the day. I am off to the store to get some stuff to make turkey low cal chili for dinner tonight. I like to put sour cream, onions and cilantro and sliced avocado on the top, yum.

BBL to read your posts that I might miss today.

Just a quick post. I did write my workout out, but it is upstairs so maybe I will do it tomorrow. I did Cathe Live #292, Low Impact Muscle 55 minutes(49 actual), heart rate 103/146 :rolleyes: , 2,124 steps, 165 calories. This just kept moving with weight moves that were mostly upper and lower combos with some low impact cardio designed to keep in the cardio zone. I had a hard time with some of the last moves because of my neck as they were on the floor and things like push ups with hand to toe taps. I had to adjust a couple of moves. One was a hammer curl to Arnold press and I did a few and started just doing hammer curls. Then later Cathe suggest if you want you can do just Arnold or Just hammer curls. It was okay, but my knee hurts this evening for some reason. It could be from me sitting on the floor while my grandson did zoom and math work. I had to do it upstairs as my husband was up with the tv on. Funny when I got up I struggled from sitting on the floor so long and my grandson told me I need to get a chair next time. He asked me if he will need have a hard time getting up when he gets old too:p. Probably a combination of things. I looked for the step workout that Kelly said she was uploading last night, but it was not there yet. She said she was doing it with legs and doing the same workout without legs as well.
I am looking at joining the Parlor social site and maybe quitting facebook altogether. My husband is using it.

Debbie, that step workout that I did yesterday had quite a bit of jumping in it. I liked that she didn't flub as much, although a few times I looked at someone else when the camera was off Cathe and they were flubbing which messed me up. I kind of wish I had not purchased 6 months of live.

Jolie, I love sour cream and avocado on my chile, and mexican dishes. I have quit buying it since I need to monitor that stuff. It is tough, let me tell you. There is no substitute for sour cream that tastes near the same.
I totally agree on the stretching. I printed up some stuff for the neck and shoulder area and it talks about the need for lengthening and stretching to decompress and create space between the intervertebral joints. I used some tips night before last. No time today. I was lucky to finish my workout.

Doreen, good looking workouts.

Belinda, nice work and nice that you can workout with your husband again.

I hope I did not miss anyone, I need to go to bed. My husband has to get up early for work in the morning and I want to work out before Whole Foods delivers.

Good morning,

Strong & Sweaty PHA is done. It was scheduled for tomorrow, I decided to do it today and take a day off tomorrow. Monday Cathe has RWH BBS scheduled. I rather have a day in-between lifting.Next week I will do RWH. Loving the September rotation.

Roselyn - thinking about you!

I am getting ready to drive to DC. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. BBL!

This morning I did an upper body circuit with Sydney.

And then finished the last 2 combos on the step workout I did yesterday.

Have a good trip Belinda - I was wondering if you were following a rotation!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Did an Yvette Bachmann cardio no equipment

I am doing ok a piece of yourself is gone when you lose a parent. It is hitting my mom a little bit each day, things quiet down thankfully I live very close

Here is the workout that I did yesterday

Cathe Live 292 Low Impact Cardio Muscle

49 minutes

Line taps

Side lunge swing 10#

Squat toss 10#

Explosive side

Deadlift Hip hinge row ending with sets of 7 hip hinge row 15# dbs

Forward lunge row 10#

High low jabs hop

Reverse lunge back fly alternating 10#

Front swing double arm 8# dbs

Puddle jump

Static lunge curl 10# dbs

Little squat 3 lunge 10#

Star adductor

Front side raise simultaneous with calf raise 5#dbs

Plie squat pick up weight snatch (upright row me) 10# (me 8#)

Lateral skate

Sumo biceps 10# dbs

Rotate wood chop

Arnold press/ biceps curl Cathe says you can do just Arnold or just curl(I did curls)8# dbs with side steps

Mat

Plank jacks shoulder taps (I just did plank jacks for most)

Triceps push ups

Lying extensions 12# with glute squeeze

Crunch v sit punch up and out 5#

(I may have missed a move here as I had to hurry and get done)

Today I did Walk Strong Boogie IT 32 minutes 168 calories, heart rate 126/165, 3,155 steps. I also did the Walk Strong 3 Pilates + Yoga, 32 minutes,, 44 calories, heart rate 84/115, 221 steps. Total time was 64 minutes, 212 calories, 3,376 steps. I had to get out and run errands. My husband ordered a small air fryer that I had put in my cart to make some things I make him. Hoping it works well. Whole Foods subbed tiny yellow potatoes which would have been okay, but I was going to make french fries so went to Sprouts to get larger potatoes. That is okay, maybe I will have potatoes when Thanksgiving comes. Glad I found vanilla at Dollar General because Sprouts and Whole Foods is too costly. Praying for our president a quick recovery.

Belinda, I prefer a day between lifting. I think my body needs more recovery time when I lift than it used to. I felt I needed something not so intense today. Tomorrow will be a rest day unless I do stretching. Enjoy your time with your children.

Doreen, nice work on the upper body shred workout and finishing the step.

Roselyn, that is good that you live close to your mother. Good job getting in Yvette Bachman.

Today I had planned a big workout but I forgot to eat breakfast so I just didn't have the energy to do it. Also, I barely ate yesterday because I stopped buying food so I don't have to move it, hence why I am starving today. Today's workout was cardio, my last day of only cardio, I will start lifting again tomorrow. I walked on the TM for 50 minutes, hill mode tied with my FB, I love this feature, and I traveled 2.5 miles and burned 474 calories. My heart rate was 135/170. One more week till I move so next weeks workouts will consist of cardio with total body workouts, lite weights since I haven't lifted much in a few weeks. I will put together the workouts myself. I am looking forward to moving into my own place, I will miss these views of the ocean though, however, I do have a small view from my new house, it is just further away for the beach.

Roselyn, glad to hear you are doing better and I hope your mother overcomes this terrible loss she has suffered.

Diane Sue, I have never done that CL workout you did Saturday, it looks like fun. Thanks for posting all of the exercises.

Belinda, I hope you are having a great time in DC.

Praying for our President to overcome the Corona Virus!

Today is a rest day. I got up and went to church and need to do some things around the house and get together assignments for my grandson tomorrow. Maybe try and get a workout plan going. Someone said something about Kelly's Raw Step 4 being up and doing it yesterday. I did not see it up when I checked yesterday. If it is up I will do the one with the lower body and step. She said she was going to put up the same workout without the lower body as well. Hoping it is not boxing intensive.

Jolie, your move is coming quickly. At least you get to have a little view. You are lucky to live so close to the beach:). Maybe get some nutrition bars and drinks to have enough for the week so you don't have to move them, but you get something down in the morning. I usually workout without eating. Since it is often much later and close to lunch I sometimes grab a little or eat some grapes It does help with energy. I have been adding some Laird superfood creamer to a cup of coffee most mornings which is supposed to give some energy. It has all 4 MCT's in it and Aquamin which is a multi mineral complex of 72 trace minerals. Just mornings though as MCT also is saturated fat. It is a powdered creamer.

Today I did a Max Trainer workout and it was hard, probably anothr one of the hardest ones on there. It was called Max Performance Interals w/Amy Dixon. Amy seems to be the one who does all the really hard ones. She is a great trainer. This one consisted of 18 intervals, 6 at resistance 4, 6 at resistence 6 and 6 at resistence 4 at 20 seconds each. There was only 50 seconds rest between each interval.

Workout was 25 minutes, burned 190 calories (MT said 235), went .63 miles, did 1630 steps and HR was 141/179. Great workout.

Also got on my treadmill for 10 minutes just to get a few more steps in.

I don't have time for personals, hope you all had a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.