Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2020

I did Perfect 30 Low Impact Hiit and Lower body. Liked both workouts a lot. Like Diane said yesterday, Cathe's Low impact isn't really low impact. It was hard to make it low impact. She did do suicide runs, lol. Running isn't low impact. I went slower. Overall I liked the moves and the workout was fun. The music was a mix from her other dvd's/maybe Live? I heard some of the music before. Not bad. The lower body is 12 - 10 reps. Cathe goes heavy on the lower body, slow and controlled. I think she used 40# DB. I went a lot lighter than she did. My back and knees are bordering me. Good 30 min workouts.

Diane - I downloaded the workouts, I have to check in see if I got all the downloads.

Reactions: WD
Good Evening,

I finally had time to do a workout tonight KCM Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion. I have been working long hours due to short staffin. Tuesday we had another one not come to work because her friend was being tested so there was only two of us and did 200 scripts in both departments which has been an every day thing lately.

Good morning,

Today I did Perfect 30 UB. DH and I like the Upper Body workout, nice pace too.

I think you all like the new workouts. So far, I like all the ones I have done. DH likes them too.My dvds will come Saturday.

I was going to write down the exercises, I decided to wait for Diane to write them down :p she does a better job than I do.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Last edited:
This morning I did Cathe Live #318, Iron Legs and had a great workout. I like this one and it has no dread factor for me. Really liked the exercises she did in this one. Thanks Diane, for posting the exercises. I printed it out before I did it and that really helps.

This is how it went:

Forward Leaning Lunge
Angled Tap Backs w/band - Side to Side Steps (killer!)
Squats: 15's - 16 reps 20's - 16 reps
Elevated Lunges (BSS): 15's - 16 reps and 7 pulses
Deadlifts: 25's - 12/8 reps
Alternate Crossback Lunges on Step: 12's - 12 reps (loved this!)
Uneven Pulse Squat: 12's - 12 reps
Front/Back Lunges: 12's - 10 reps right then repeat on left
Side to Side Squat Pulses w/Band: 12# - 10 reps
Calf Pumps: 25's - 3 sets 24 reps
Close Grip Sumo Squat: 20's - 2 sets/10 reps
Side to Side Pick Up Lunges: 12's - 4 reps starting on right then 4 reps starting on left
Reverse Lunge to Stiff Legged Deadlift: 15's - 10 reps each side (loved these)
Push Dips w/ High Step: 12's - 12 reps each side
Hip Dip/Clams: 20 reps right then 20 reps left (I only did a few of these as my shoulders hurt doing them)
Pizza Press w/ Band: 40 reps each side (no band, I've had bad experiences with this exercise using the band)

Great workout! No knee pain which is a miracle for me, seriously. I've been battling knee pain for years and now nothing. That Marine Collegon is the best! It was 46 minutes, burned 234 calories, did 2260 steps and HR was 113/148.

I'm low on time here at work so I'll try to be back later. Have great workouts everyone!!

I also did Perfect 30 upper body, upper body bonus and Core bonus this morning.

I like the upper body workout - its solid and keeps moving but the reps are not necessarily fast. Cathe is using some serious weight (35!s) a couple fun new moves to learn and some work with a tube but nothing crazy and no dread factor. The bonus upper body was fun - just to add another 5 minutes onto a workout is a great idea! And the Core bonus - actually a core workout I liked! I could see myself actually reaching to do this core workout!!

I previewed the two hiit workouts last night while making dinner - both look fun but the high impact one is going to require some modification to remove some jumping (or do on the rebounder) I may try those or the lower body tomorrow.

This morning I did Perfect 30 Hiit Low Impact 31 minutes, 141 calories, heart rate 120/149, 2,769 steps. I was waiting on the grandchildren's Dad to bring them, so went ahead and did the Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Core Bonus, 10 minutes, 16 calories, heart rate 90/103, 86 steps. I rushed around and they got here just in time for zoom. I also was waiting on the landscapers. They texted my husband's phone and said their guys did not want to work in "this weather" o_O Seriously it is chilly as in 40's and windy today. He said they would try to do it next week and the forecast says snow, sleet, ice possible. My husband is going to be livid when he gets up as they were supposed to do this two weeks ago and keep making excuses. Why come out and give a quote then make excuses. He says he has the sod and junipers and stuff ready. I was just surprised at today's excuse for "his guys". It sounds like he needs new help. I hate those days when I am trying to work around things like that anyway.
Wish I could have done a longer workout today. My total time was 41 minutes and I burned 156 calories, 2,785 steps. I liked the low impact workout and the core work. I felt I did not get my heart rate up enough though, but that seems to be the normal for me lately.

Belinda, you have already got a good start into the new workouts;) I would like to maybe try one of the yoga workouts today, but not sure it will happen. My husband is off today and I have to plan groceries and stuff. Hoping to watch some of the strength workouts and write some things down. I did not see the downloads all show up on my external and I ended up with them downloaded to the external drive twice as I put them in a folder and somehow dropped them into a folder of stuff my husband had given me with forms and a will and stuff as what to do in his death. Sheesh. The only reason I caught that was looking for them and trying to download them again, that popped up. I also had missed one file on the original download, so glad I caught that too. That is what I get for trying to multi task between using my tablet for other things and doing downloads at the same time. I am glad to hear that you like the workouts so far. I never liked suicide runs or a lot of the drill types of workouts running across the room. I am glad it was not too terribly long. LOL I will be writing down those exercises.

Roselyn, nice work with burn sets today.

Roxie, sorry that you are so short staffed. Glad you were able to find a time to workout.

Doreen, I did not choose to start with the other Hiit workout today because I was wanted to know how much impact was in it and the moves. I felt like the core workout was good and definitely not a dread factor workout. Not real fast paced or uncomfortable, but effective.

Debbie, I am glad that you found that the marine collagen was really helpful. I have read lots of good things that it can do for you as well as the collagen that they get from egg shell membrane. I am finding that the Bulletproof joint is working for me though even though it is bovine it has added boswellia, glucosamine and chondroitin. I am doing better with that and also adding some of the marine packets and other collagen powders. I purchase the vital proteins collagen recovery, shots, and water here and there as well. Keeping up with it makes a huge difference. I am glad the workout I had typed up helped. It is time consuming trying to write everything out and hunt down what equipment the first time. I liked that workout a lot. The only thing that got sore was my hips.

Last edited:
Diane - that's a first for me to get a good start with the new workouts. I really like them. Jen with her head notting is annoying. Every time Cathe opens her mouth Jen nods her head in agreement with Cathe. Nonstop! Where is Cedie??? I miss her :(

Debbie - your workout today looks amazing. I probably will buy the download. Great job!

Last edited:
I did Perfect 30 High Impact Hiit today. Right off the bat I knew I would be modifying all the burpees into squat thrusts with my hands on a step with 3 risers. That makes burpees more doable for me. Then I had my rebounder out and ready for the pencil jumps. And all the air jacks I did with one foot on the ground like Amanda does them in the ICE series. And I enjoyed the workout. I like that the drills are a bit more of a combo pattern rather than just a move - what I mean is like squat thrust to air jack to side shuffles or something. I can better handle the jumping when its not just solid jumping for intervals. And my heart rate was up and I was working hard but not dying (like tabatacise or X10).

Today I did Perfect 30 Hiit using the rebounder for half of it, 31 minutes, heart rate 125/150, 154 calories, 2,783 steps. This has a lot of burpees, squat thrusts, and jumps in it. I then did Perfect Pump Upper skipping the shoulders and push ups as my neck was terribly painful yesterday. I could find no reason as I had taken a day off and then yesterday was low impact and core. I think it is all of the coughing with the allergies. This was 33 minutes (I had to pause a couple of times even though I had printed up the user guide last night) 62 calories, heart rate 91/110, 530 steps. I went on to stretching and mobility so I did Perfect Pump extended stretch, 8 minutes, 9 calories, 13 steps, finished with Perfect 30 Flow mobility basics, 31steps, 31 calories, heart rate 80/95, 43 steps. Total time 1 hour 43 minutes 256 calories, 3,357 steps. That does not seem right for all of the work I did today. Oh, well, I can see I am not losing muscle or gaining fat so I am okay with it I guess. Just annoying. Also when I went to look for the flexibility strength workout it was not on my external drive. I checked and I did have it on the laptop though so I had to fix that. Also put the workouts on my external card on my tablet. The dvds will be here Monday as they are already in Oklahoma City. I see lots of good premixes which would make it easier to put workouts together. I thought of doing upper and lower and the short pyramid hiit workout till I looked at the moves. Lots of jumping on and off the step bench. I was just not up for that. Maybe another day:) I really liked the flow mobility a lot.

Perfect Pump Upper Body uses step with 4 risers weights and tubing
warm up with 3# dumbbells and tubing
pullover set #1 12# dbs 10 reps (Cathe15's)
Pulloverset# 2 15# dbs (cathe20's)
one arm row set #1 30# dumbbell 12 reps
one arm row set #2 30# dumbbell 10 reps
bent over clutch row 20# dbs 10 reps
posture pull tubing doubled (not on workout card)
rapid row toss 25# dumbbell 10 reps each hand
standing sweeper curl 20 and 15# (I felt the 20 was affecting my shoulder and neck) 10 reps
clutch curls 15# dumbbells10 reps
biceps curls set#1 15#dumbbells 10 reps
biceps curls set #2 12# 10 reps
biceps curls set # 3 10# 10 reps
shoulders are done with an incline step I skipped shoulders
incline fly front V lat raise combo 5# skipped
lateral raise 5# skipped
scarecrow 5# skipped
push press 3.5's 15# dumbbells skipped
starting at chest
incline bench press 15# dbs 16 reps
incline clutch press 15# dumbbells 10 reps (Cathe 20#)
flat deadbug fly 15# dbs10 reps(Cathe uses 25's)
not on workout card decline push up 4 point elevating a foot (skipped)
kickbacks 12# dumbbells 10 reps
not on workout card push ups holding corners of step topper 10 reps (I did this one)
tricepsdips with 12# dumbbells

Belinda, wasn't the mobility basics flow a good workout. I liked it a lot. That is funny because I spend so much time focusing on Cathe that I do not notice Jen. Other than on the later live workouts and wondered what she did to her hair! Nice that you got in SBF and a walk today.

Roselyn, nice that you found a trampoline workout to do. I thought of you and your work at the salon as I was looking at the one I have went to before and they seem to really need to hire workers. They are an Aveda salon. I was sort of tempted to go get a haircut, but between the covid rules, masks, and putting my neck on the edge of a shampoo bowl which is always painful, I am hesitant. I think my daughter said at the salon she goes to the workers wear masks, but clients do not anymore. Also the hair products will probably set me off on a coughing spree. I would really like to add some layers or something to give me some fullness.

Diane, since I never done the mobility workout I watched the screen a lot. If the camera kept showing Jen, not Cathe. Wished the camera man/or woman would keep the camera on Cathe only. I don't know how you missed her nodding head, lol. For some reason the camera is always focused on Jen. In STS people were complaining about the girl that was nodding her head.She didn't annoy me. She wasn't that extreme than Jen. I have no idea what happened to her hair. Miss the old crew. I did like the mobility workout. Nothing new to me, but nice. I have done all those moves in yoga/barre workouts. SBF does stretches like this a lot.

Today I did Perfect 30 Flow: Strength and Flexibility, 102/173?? heart rate, 84 calories, 106 steps. Actually I was still under workout manager calories and this was probably more accurate, than the 31 calories I got on the yoga yesterday for the same amount of time. I entered the Get in Your Zone Challenge on Fitbit, but I doubt I am going to get anywhere with the lousy stats I generally get. Even that Hiit workout yesterday was low.

Belinda, I did notice in that same live workout I just mentioned that the camera kept zeroing in on Jen. Maybe they are good friends or something. I don't know. She seems to really enjoy doing the workouts. I probably would not have noticed that much, but I try to keep up with Cathe and she was not on camera, plus the hair cut. I have done all of the moves through various yoga instructors over the years. But, the flow was nice on both and challenging in some spots. I liked the one I did today as well.

Roselyn, I like the Aveda products. When I go get my hair done there I would generally pick up some products. Otherwise I use Kenra products. I suppose I could go inside and pick up products since they are next to Sprouts where I shop. Nice that you got Gym Style chest and tris in. Do you ever have anyone come in with their hair already shampooed to get a hair cut?

This morning I did RAW Just Step 2 and had a great workout. Fun step combos except Kelly really messed up the last one, but I did as she originally said and just ignored what she was doing. LOL!! I wanted to tack on an ab workout but she did some staning ab work at the end. I need to get a couple more ab workouts in this week. It was weird because my FB said I was already half way to reaching 150 (what that is, I don't know) while I was tying my shoes. WTH? Then I reached this miraculous 150 around the middle of my workout. What does that mean?

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 267 calories, went 4155 steps and HR was 126/166.

Looks like you are all enjoying the Perfect 30 workouts! Still on the fence on whether I want them or not. I have so many workouts now that I never do. I'll probably hold off on them.

Where's Jolie? She hasn't posted in a while.

Have great workouts everyone!!

Good morning,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I ended up in the ER last night. I noticed swelling in my ear. I wasn't happy going to the ER at Walter Reed. The ER doctor remembered me from the last time, lol. She talked to my Rheumatologist he put me on another round of cortisone to bring the swelling down. I am waiting to get an appointment with my Rheumatologist to change my meds. What ever meds I am on isn't working. I can't catch a break.

I did SBF stretch 4. It's it's a nice 20 min stretch that opens up your hip/hamstring.

Once I get the call from my doctor I will get a workout in.

Debbie - look at the user guide and see if you like the exercises. She did a few new exercises. The mobility is good. Nothing you haven't seen before if you do yoga/stretching. Overall the workouts are good.

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.