Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2021

Today I did Kelly's RAW Weights 1 which I think used to be called "In the Garage" workout. Love this workout, it is fun and goes by really fast. I had to skip the abs and planks due to time but that's ok. I did a lot of abs last week

Tabata style, 25 seconds on/10 seconds off. 8 rounds each exercise.

Biceps
Dumbbell Curls:
12's (4 rounds)
Hammer Curls: 15's(4 rounds)
(alternated between the two)
BW Squats

Shoulders
Shoulder Press:
20# (used only one dumbbell so it was more of a front shoulder exercises) - 4 rounds
Upright Row: 15# (one arm at a time) - 4 rounds
(alternated between the two)
BW Alternate Lunges

Back
Lawnmowers:
15# (alternating sides)
BW Curtsy Lunges

Triceps
Overhead Triceps Extensions:
20# (4 rounds)
Alternating Kickbacks: 8# (4 rounds)
(Alternated between the two)

Lower Body
Squats:
15's
Curtsy Squats: 15#

Chest
Dumbbell Flies:
15's for 4 rounds
Dumbbell Press: 15's for 4 rounds
(Alternated between the two)

Planks: Skipped

Abs
Crunches
- Skipped
Reverse Crunch - Skipped

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 124 calories (BS), HR was 85/140.

I am still really crunched for time, I have my Academic Challenge tomorrow and going crazy getting ready for that. I will do personals hopefully on Wednesday after the madness is over.

Diane - I am glad you got through your MRI ok. I hope you hear back from them soon.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Reactions: WD
Jolie - I've been thinking about signing up for Beachbody as well - I've wanted to try out the 30 day breakaway program and one other - I think the 645 one maybe. Maybe my Christmas present to myself?

I did RAW foam rolling this morning because after my 90 min bike ride yesterday I am tight and my low back is stiff.

Today was supposed to be an upper body weight workout but this is the last day for the really nice warm weather so I went for my walk instead before it gets colder again. Walk was 1hour 19 minutes, traveled 4.2 miles and burned 773 calories. This walk was entirely up and down hills. My calves are sore after this walk today. I found a free workout for the Beach Body 10 Rounds workout I am interested in trying so I will do that tomorrow to see if I want to sign up for the entire series. It is a boxing workout with weights too.

Debbie, wow oh wow that looks like a tough workout you did today. Boy, your weights are really getting back up there again, you must be in amazeballs shape :) Have a great event at your school and enjoy.

Belinda, I am so glad your husband had a great virtual b day party!

Doreen, Wow on that bike ride! Your legs must be in fantastic shape :)

I will check back in later to read the posts for the day. Make it a wonderful Monday.

Doreen, I will check out those BB workouts today and let you know if I sign up, I probably will, I need something new really bad to motivate myself over the winter months.

Today I did Walk Strong 3 Cardio Step Jam, 32 minutes, 197 calories, heart rate 145/166, 3,184. Not bad for not too much arm movement. I then did Walk Strong 3 deep stretch, 31 minutes, 44 calories, heart rate 76/94. Total time 63 minutes, 241 calories. I also did some foam rolling. My legs were getting stiff and I needed some flexibility work this morning. Waiting to hear the results of my mri still. Hope they let me know soon. I checked my online results page and not yet. We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. My husband prepped and put the turkey in the oven and my daughter and older granddaughter and her husband came over to cook and set up. I hardly had to do anything. I had a really nice time with my granddaughters Saturday when they did the pre-prep and made the pies and stuff. Special memories :)

Belinda, the birthday celebration sounds like it was fun doing it with family and friends in other countries and all over.

Debbie, I guess Kelly changed it from in the garage when she did other workouts in the garage as well. I remember it though. Hope things go well with the Academic Challenge.

Doreen, nice work on the bike ride yesterday. I bet the foam rolling felt good today.

Jolie, nice hill walk today. I hope that you like the Beach Body workout when you try it. It is always fun to try something new.

Hi,

I did CL# 365 Total Body Barre: Intermediate/Advanced = 58 min. Love it.

Diane - glad you had a great TG with your family and made memories. Hope you get some results from your MRI soon. Young people have to start somewhere, lol. I know it's annoying when they have no clue. Someone should always supervise them. Great job on your workouts.

Jolie - I would have gone for a walk too. Have to take the opportunity when it's there. Great job.

Doreen - you should sign up for BB. Let me know what you think.

Debbie - I am debating if I should sign up for Kelly's live? These workouts look really good.

Doreen - how is your mom doing?

Good night.

I got results of the mri and there is a tear in a tendon. They are referring me to an orthopedic surgeon. So now I wait for them to call and set that up. I was kind of hoping it would be something that would just heal over time. We will see what the orthopedic doctor says.

Belinda, nice work with the Live total body barre today.

Tonight was Tracy Steen 45 min. No Repeat Compound Strength. It was a goody! Subbed a couple things like Turkish get-ups. I just don't like them at all and I don't think I can do them safely.

Diane, glad you got a diagnosis and are seeing an orthopedic. Jeez, that's gotta hurt like hell. There's going to be a light at the end if the tunnel. Hang in there.

Good workouts everyone. I think it's supposed to be 50 and sunny tomorrow. I think I will take a lunchtime walk. No laughing Jolie. 50 is warm these days.

This morning I couldn't decided which RAW to do so I did ICE Lower Body Blast (ha!). But it was fun to do Cathe again and I really enjoy that ICE workout's cardio blasts - they are just the right intensity with minimal impact.

I tried the Beach Body 10 Rounds workout #1 and liked it a lot, it was very basic because it was the first workout but I wore my #1 gloves and it made it very hard. No one in the class wears any sort of glove since the entire 38 minutes is all boxing with a few leg exercise thrown into the mix and ABS at the end. This is not a kick boxing workout, I think it might be a little safer on my low back. I swear, I can barely lift my arms right now, I will be sore tomorrow. Anyway, I am going to try this workout series this week and see how I like it and if I want to continue, I will sign up after my free trial is over. I really would like to get my upper body more toned and ripped so I hope this does the job. In the past when I used to kickbox a lot, I was very lean. Workout was 38 minutes and I burned 347 calories. I added Biceps and triceps exercises at the end just to lift some weights. This workout also had ABS at the end non stop for 3 minutes. Total calorie burn was 411. I have to say, I think I like Les Mills Combat more because Joel the instructor of this workout NEVER stops talking, I hate it. I might have to mute the workout and just follow along next time and play some music. I have to say, I prefer dvds more, this website stinks.

Roselyn, I am trying 10 Rounds from Beach Body right now, what program are you looking at to do? I also would like to try Lift4, it looks like a great weight lifting program. Doreen is looking at the 365 workout or something like that. Great job on the Body Beast workout yesterday.

Cam great job on the workout yesterday. It will be a high of 66 degrees here today, 30 degrees cooler than last week. I would freeze at 55 degrees. Where do you live?

Doreen, I love the ICE workouts but I am sick of Cathe's workouts since I did them for 15 years, I am looking for a break. I like 10 Rounds from Beach Body, Lift4 looks good too.

Diane Sue, bummer about the tear, now you totally need to rest your upper body or it will never heal. Hopefully no surgery, maybe a sling till it repairs itself! Well, at least you know now, that would make me feel better.

Belinda, great job on the Cathe Live workout! Those are tuff workouts, I would die :)

Make it a great day. BBL to read the posts for the day.

Sorry to be so quick here again, and late, but I just finished my Academic Challenge and now I need to unload my car and get other things done. It's been a crazy day.

This morning I only had time to do RAW Stepboxing and had a great workout. Love this one, it's great when you are short on time.

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 213 calories, did 3325 steps and HR was125-154.

I'll catch up with you all tomorrow.

Today I did X Train Ride on the spin bike, 55 minutes, 232 calories, heart rate 123/155, 3964 steps(I used cardio this time instead of the cycling setting) 11.79 miles. The bike readout said 431 calories. Ha!
I also did some stretching for lower body and work on upper back knots.
It was good to find out what I am dealing with. Now I know why boxing workouts hurt so much. Also it gives me an idea of protocol. I guess I need to leave that shoulder alone. As long as I keep it pretty much still and not reaching it gets to feeling better. They still have not put the report on the website as I would like to look at the interpretation.

Cam, nice work with Tracey Steen weights. Enjoy your walk while it is nice outside.

Doreen, I am glad that you enjoyed Cathe today. There are so many choices.

Jolie, that is great that you enjoyed the workout today. Kelly does a lot of workouts that are mostly boxing without kicking. She does a lot of workouts lately with egg weights. I love the Les Mills Combat workouts. Yes, I researched and saw they often have you wear a sling and keep it from moving. Today I tried to hang my blow dryer up and blow dry with my left hand. I came out with a nice frizz. It will feel better in the mornings till I dry my hair.

Debbie, I really want to do the Raw Step boxing. It may be awhile though. I need to preview it.

Belinda, I hope the orthopedic doctor can help. I am betting it is going to be one in the area the Arthritis Center is which means long trips though. My daughter works in that city as well.

Hi,

Today I did Step Sync = 56 min. Had a lot of fun and modify.

Diane - I hope they find a near by orthopedic doctor that can help. I hear on the long drive. I am always dreading those trips too. I spend half the day just driving. I have PT on Thursday.

Jolie - are you going to sign up for BB? Glad you liked 10 rounds.

Debbie - nice job on your workout today.

Cam - LOL, now I have to check that workout out. Great job on Tracy Steen 45 min. No Repeat Compound Strength.

Roselyn - great job on chest/tris Body Beast yesterday. I did BB on demand. I really like 21Day Fix and Lift 4. I own most BB workouts except their newer stuff (only available on demand). I think if you sign up for the 3 month/6 month subscription you can try it for 30 day free. I can't remember. This way if you don't like it you can cancel it.

Doreen - I am having lots of fun with Cathe's workouts too.

Good night.

Tonight was X10 Step/ Low Impact/Fat Blastig Premix. I was excited to dive in and with modifications I did most of it, but I was a little nervous about doing too much impact yet, so I backed off a little. Still was a sweaty mess, but didn't give it my all.

Jolie, I live in Wisconsin. I planned to walk at lunch today, but it got cloudy and windy and I didn't have a hat. Only in the 40's and I gotta have a hat otherwise my ears get achy.

Doreen, I like ICE lower body too. The blasts are fun. I took a break from Cathe for a couple years and now I am enjoying buying more of her workouts and getting back into the Cathe groove.

Belinda, Tracy is my favorite YT instructors. She creates the type of workouts I like. Her low impact cardio is a lot of fun too.

Diane, good workout! Yeah, punching drills, not a good idea.

Good workouts everyone!

Since I did RAW Weights 1 Monday I figured I'd do RAW Weights 2 today. I like this workout and I worked hard with it. It is a fun workout and moves along really well.

This is what I did:

Each move was 45 seconds with a short maybe 10 second break. These were not done circuit style, each exercises was 2 sets in a row.

Squats: 15's - 2 sets
Plie Squats: 25# - 2 sets
Deadlift/Squats: 15's - 2 sets

Dumbbell Press: 15's - 2 sets
Explosive Reverse Flies: 12's - 2 sets
Pullovers: 25# - 2 sets
Seated Supinated Hammer Curls: 12's - 1 set
W Curls: 10's - 1 set
Situps to Overhead Press: 8's - 2 sets
Leaning back w/Knees Up & Hammer Curls: 12's - 1 set (I did Hammer Curls only)
Russian Twist w/Knees Up: 12# - (I did not bring my knees up)

Alternate Front Lunges: 12's - 2 sets
Alternate Back Lunges: 12's - 2 sets
Alternate Side Lunges: 12# - 2 sets (I did curtsy lunges instead)

Tate Press: 8's - 2 sets
Seated Bent Over Lateral Raise, Thumbs Up: 8's - 2 sets (I did regular lateral raises)
Seated Overhead Press to Triceps Extension: 8's - 2 sets

Abs

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 117 calories (last time I did this I burned 247, why such a difference? It's the same FB), HR was 87/134.

Could my HR be that low? When I was doing this workout I only felt my heart go up a few times, nothing major. I worked hard but my heart didn't feel taxed at all. Maybe this thing is right? Last time I did this it showed my HR was 119/185. I don't know how I would have hit 185 last time I did this. It is not a cardio workout. Who knows...

Diane - I am so sorry to hear you have a tear in your shoulder. I wonder what they can do about that? Tears usually are supposed to just heal on their own. I'm curious to hear what your orthopedic doctor tells you. Be careful with it like you are doing and hopefully it will heal itself. Maybe use heat on it?

Jolie - Glad you liked the BB workout you tried. I hate instructors that keep talking non stop through a workout. It's annoying. I think that's why I liked Caroline's workouts. You just watch and do. I think Joel did the rotation Roxie and I did which was an excellent series but he did talk a lot. Great job with your workout!!

Belinda - Great job with your workout. Did you renew your FOK recipe meal planner thing? I didn't but I think I told you. I'm just wondeirng if you are still using it.

Great job with your workouts everyone!! I have a lot to do today and my Academic Challenge went great. Glad it's over! LOL!!

I am going to do some leg work with bands in awhile. I finally saw the report from the mri last night. Not good. They said it is a full thickness tear in the supraspinatas tendon. Research tells me it is probably going to be surgery and possible long recovery. I had a hard time falling asleep last night. My husband said he wished I would stop looking on the internet. The thing is when a person is older repairs and proper healing can be harder. A lot depends on what other damage is there. They generally go in and reattach the tendon, check for nerve damage and stuff and sometimes there are other repairs that need to be done because of wear and if other things. I already know there is arthritis in there, so that worries me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.