Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2021

This morning I did two excellent workouts to burn the calories I ate yesterday. However, I'm happy to say I didn't go crazy. I had one serving of everything (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole) and only 1 small slice of pumpkin pie. I didn't feel sick or like I overate so I think I did good.

Today I did RAW Tabata Sculpt Ladder which was a really good and fast workout. I used 8's for the workout and it did have some floor exercises like walking out to a pushup and then back up again and also crouching down and going side to side with the opposite leg. That was hard but I did what I could.

Workout was 28 minutes, burned 88 calories (oh boy), did 921 steps and HR was 87/116. This was a non-stop workout, I'm pretty sure my HR was way over 116.

Then I did a Max Trainer workout. I haven't been on that thing in probably over a year! The workout is called Max Mix Cardio 9. I did a quick one but really did well with it for not being on it in so long.

Workout was 14 minutes, burned 51 calories (MT said 90), went .32 miles, did 869 steps and HR was 87/98 even though it was about pounding out of my chest with the intervals.

Belinda - No, I am not doing Caroline's series, just some of her workouts when I feel like doing them. I do love her workouts, but not every time I do a workout. They are too tough on my knees because it seems like she does leg workouts 3 times a week. LOL!! I like her upper body workouts.

Diane - I hope you had a peaceful Thanksgiving with your dogs. :) I'm sorry your shoulder was in so much pain again. I've been real good lately but I still have that annoying knot in my left shoulder blade area. I have to work on that almost every other day.

Cam - I really like Caroline's workouts but they are heavy on the leg work. Even some of the upper body workouts has some leg work in it. My knees were killing me when I was doing them. I will continue to use her workouts, but only here and there. I love the RAW workouts, they are body friendly.

Roselyn - Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving with your mom and family.

Jolie - Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

Well, got a lot to do today. I want to get my grocery shopping done and then I'm going to my moms to cut her toenails. She did an awesome job with the Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, she insists on cooking every year. I made the green bean casserole but she did everything else and it was awesome. I can't believe she still cooks so good with her eyes being so bad.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Well, I did it, I put on an entire Thanksgiving by myself, had my parent here for 2 nights, and just got them back onto the road this morning so I am done! I would usually workout, it has been two days already with no workouts, but I just do not have it in me today. I stayed up too late catching up with everyone and I am dragging today. I ate a few of my shrimp from my scampi and some crab dip but that is it yesterday's food. After you shop for it, clean it, cook it and serve all of the food, I really do not feel like eating any of it. I will definitely workout this weekend both days and hit it really hard for the next 30 days or so till Christmas.

Debbie, great job with the workouts the last two days and great job on the max trainer. I want to start using my elliptical as well to get in some high intensity interval training. I think all instructors say they are burning a lot of calories just to get you excited about their workouts.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are now gearing up for Christmas!!! I might go online today and get some Christmas shopping done early. It will be 80 degrees today so I am going to sit outside and soak up some sun and read and relax. I am sure my boys are going to the beach to catch up with friends and go surfing.

Have a wonderful day.

No workout. I did use my therapy balls in their little bag up against the wall on the knot that is developing in my left shoulder and some stretches and foam roller where I could. My hip flexors are tight and I know it is from sitting. I also worked on my neck. I cannot put my right arm up over my head to give the gentle pull or stretch the lat area as well as normal though. I am checking out PT places near me. I won't go to the branch near me of the one I had used before. I am pretty sure somewhere along the line they are going to want me to go to one.
The dogs are doing pretty good together. Gertie can come in the doggie door when she gets tired of Kermit jumping all over her which makes it better for her. Trying to teach Kermit to use the doggie door and sometimes I can coax him to come back in. Still he wants to let me know he wants out and come to the door with him. He will probably start doing it without me by the time his family comes home. They are going to get a doggie door when they get back for him to use. He like sitting outside looking regal with his long pointy ears sniffing the air. He can sit there for a long time. He is cute. I thought he was part German Shepherd, but my husband says he is an actual other breed and looks like the pictures. I won't stay on here long as for whatever reason, even with my elbow tucked in at my side, it sets off shoulder pain. My husband is going to order me some clothing that I picked out that are easy on the shoulder to get on like zip front cute sweaters I can wear a tank with and some button up tops. Also pull on pants, I picked Under Armour since I know my size is XS in those and some Champion. All with pockets. It strains my shoulder pulling my pants together to button them o_O Tying shoes is also kind of not a one hand thing as well.

Debbie, those heart rates do not seem accurate at all. We could get that just walking around the house doing light tasks. Nice workouts today and that is great that you kept your eating lighter. I have done that the last few years. I eat what is there all in small portions. Also, I have found that if I have a piece of fruit or something before guests arrive, I am not as hungry which helps.

Jolie, I am glad that you had a nice Thanksgiving. It doesn't hurt to have a few rest days. I find quite often after I smell something cooking all day I do not have much desire to eat it. I have so often put something in the slow cooker and ended up freezing it and eating something else. I freeze most Thanksgiving left overs. We did not have an overflowing amount though. I used the white meat turkey for my husband's lunches and a couple of sandwiches for myself with Ezekial bread and Primal Kitchen chipotle lime mayo. I finished off most of the sweet potatoes. We used a different recipe this time without tons of marshmallows.

This morning my daughter and I took an hour walk with our dog. 20 degrees out and I was sweating by the end. We did a couple good hills and my lab loves the cold weather. She walks really fast, so I got a good warm up before I did ICE Bootcamp and Blizzard Blast. I like this one. My neck and shoulders hurt today. I think it may be from a lot of cleaning and scrubbing I did in my kitchen. Last weekend I also stumbled on my step bench and I came down pretty hard and it was jarring on my neck. I pray this is just an over use ache and that I didn't screw something up. I have a heating pad around my neck and shoulders and it feels good. I am taking it easy the rest of the day. I am always worried when things go too well with my workouts that I will have a setback. I know I need to still be careful. Definitely sticking to lighter workouts for awhile and no impact cardio moves.

Thanksgiving was nice but glad it's over. I do all the cooking but everything turned out good. I always say that I am going to cut back on the food but then again, I like being able to send food home with everyone. My mom had a great day and enjoyed her granddaughters.

Debbie, good workout!

Jolie, yep, now focusing on Christmas!

Diane, good idea with zip up clothing. After my surgery I couldn't put my hands higher than my shoulders and couldn't bend forward, I bought zip up clothing, loose pants that you don't need to pull on and slip on shoes. It made my life easier. I also moved some dishware lower so I didn't have to have family help get stuff down for me.

Glad everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! I think if I feel ok tomorrow I will do ICE Metabolic Total Body.

Reactions: WD
Today it is just beautiful out, 75 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I went for a walk in the hills, 89 minutes, traveled 4.5 mile and burned 817 calories. Today i am decorating my Christmas tree and putting some lights on the house.

Cam, nice job on the workout yesterday. I made reservations for Christmas Eve at a restaurant on the harbor so I do not have to cook both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners. It is just too much for one person to do. All the yachts and boats will have Christmas lights on them and there will be a Christmas Boat parade so the view should be spectacular. I try to make the holidays really festive for my parents who are in their late 80's.

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast and a little of the Blizzard. I am feeling better today but no upper body workouts until I have no more pain. I am hoping to be back to normal by Monday. Off to run errands!

Jolie, sounds awesome!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi everyone,

I couldn't decide on what to do today, I ended up doing BodyFit by Amy Live 35-Minute Holiday Hiit Kickoff Workout = 35 min. She used kettlebells in this one, I hardly use mine. The workout was perfect today.

Great job everyone.

Roselyn, I am really sorry. Prayers for you and your family.

Belinda, I just look at my kettlebells and wonder if I will ever be able to use them again. I do like Kettlebell workouts. Nice work.

Cam, be careful I would hate to see you hurt yourself after all of the healing process. I was reading a orthopedic surgeon's page on what to expect from a full tear tendon and it sounds like it could take a long time. 6 months to a year till a patient is generally back to normal as the healing process is slow. It went in steps of how much percentage of healing approx for each few months. Of course that depends on age, how bad it is and all of that. My husband ordered me some my pillow pink slippers. I was wanting some. That was some other things I was reading on that site as what you should plan for before you get surgery.
My neck and shoulders are really bothering me with all of the sitting I have been doing. That and I have been coughing hard and sneezing with allergies and that always makes my neck worse.

Took a 2 mile walk this morning. Cold and windy but did a few hills so I was sweating by the last quarter mile. Did some house cleaning and not doing much more. I feel pretty good today, but better not push it.

Diane, this might sound crazy, but the year will go quick. I can't believe Dec. 1st will be 8 months for me. 1year of recovery is better than 1 more year of excruciating pain. Try not to over think it until you see your surgeon. I assume you got a good one. Mine told me some different things than what I read on the internet.

BTW, Fitness kaykay has a YT Body Band workout that looks good. I may try it this week. I really need to use those more. I subscribed also just subscribed to Olivia Lawson YT channel. She has some good low Impact workouts too.

Sorry for your loss Roselyn.

Belinda, good job with Amy. I have done one of her workouts in ages. I guess I have too many others that I subscribe to. My obsession with YT workouts is getting
ridiculous.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Today I did yoga plus yoga abs with DD. We also went for a nice walk at the river.

Roselyn - thinking about you and your family.

Diane - you will once your shoulder feels better again. I use lighter weights which is helping. Please be careful with your neck and shoulder.

Cam - I didn't realized I subscribed to Fitness kaykay until you mention her. I did a few of her band. I really like her workouts. I hear you on obsessions with YT workout. My playlists are huge.

Good night.

This morning I did RAW 4 Day Split Chest and Back and had a great workout, I really like this but it's only 22 minutes. However, the exercises really get in there and do a good job at exhausting the muscles, especially if you use heavier weights. I did the warmup from Cathe's Gym Style Shoulders, Back and Bi's I think. These 4DaySplit workouts don't have much of a warmup.

This was 1 minute per exercise going slow and controlled.

BACK
Lat Pulldown
: 10's (this was done standing and was really hard to do)
Reverse Pec Deck or Scap Squeeze: 10's (this was also hard)
Lawn Mower: 25#
Repeat

CHEST
Moderated Pullover/Close Grip Press
: 12's
W Bench Press: 12's (this is tough)
Dummbbell Flies: 17.5's
Repeat

This was about 25 minutes

Then I did the Boxing Finisher and used my 1# sand weights. This was 14 minutes. Love this finisher, it really burns out the muscles you already worked.

Both workouts equaled 40 mintues, burned 144 calories and HR was 96/138. By the time I was finished with the upper body work I only burned 51 calories. I was working hard and my HR was up there the entire time. Oh well, I know I got a great workout.

I'm glad you all had a good Thanksgiving. I had a nice, relaxing few days so it was really a nice break for me. Seen family and friends this weekend and was just glad to be able to get together with everyone.

No time for personals but great job on your workouts recently, I have read all your posts. Have a great day today!!!

Good morning,

Body Fit by Amy D2 32 Minute No Repeat Dumbbell HIIT is done.

Sorry no time for personals today. I have to get ready for PT. BBL

I forgot to post yesterday. I went for a 3 mile walk at the beach with my husband and it was beautiful. It will be in the 70's all week and I am looking forward to the great weather. Today I did Cathe Live # 136 Upper Body Challenge with the Ball and it has ABS at the end of the workout. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 401 calories. I went WAY lighter in weights since the last time I did this workout and I still got a great workout in, amazing how you really do not have to lift heavy to get a great workout in. This is a higher rep workout and Cathe never picks up a weight heavier than 15#. I only used the 15's for 1 Arm Rows so that was a safe weight for me. I know I said that I was done with Cathe Live workouts, but I have figured out a way to do them and be very safe. I had purchases so of the workouts in the past so I really feel like I should use them since I like them so much. However, I will NOT lift heavy anymore to avoid injury. BTW, I am so weak now, it is amazing. I know I get my strength back quickly but wow on how this workout kicked my butt!

Roselyn, I am very sad for you and your family on the loss of your Aunt on Thanksgiving. What a horrible thing to happen on a holiday.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. I am so glad you had a nice holiday with your family.

Cam, nice job on the cold walk, the other day, I would freeze to death!

Belinda, nice workout today. I hope you have a productive PT appointment.

Diane and Doreen, I hope you both have a good workout or rest day.

BBL to read the other posts for the day.

Worked a long day but did KCM RAW Upper Weights & Legs tonight. I really liked the format, but she took too long of a break between sets. I forgot I saved this one.

Good workouts today Ladies!

This morning I did RAW Cardio Crush and Ireally love this workout. It is a remake of the original which I don't think I"ve ever done. I used 2 risers and my step and it was a great workout.

Workout was 38 minutes, burned 240 calories, did 3576 steps and RH was 116/147.

Roselyn - I an so sorry to hear about your Aunt's passing. It's never a good time to lose a loved one, but during the holidays just makes it worse. I think you said that was your mom's sister, I'm sorry for your moms loss. Condolences to you.

Belinda - Hope your PT went well. Good job on getting a workout in!

Jolie - Great workout!! I think it's good that you are doing CL workouts and keeping it light. That is what you should do. You will see results from it. You are lucky it's so nice there, it is cold and snowy here.

Cam - I didn't remember the RAW workout you did but when you said she takes too long of rests I think I know which one it is. I only have done it once because of the long rests. Is Sammie in it? Good job with it, though! I love the RAW workouts.

Diane - I hope you are ok, I worry when you don't check in.

Have a great day everyone!!!

HI everyone,

I did Amy's D3 30 Minute Cardio Pyramid Stack Workout is done. The CT scan called while I was working out, a lot of people canceled today. They want me to try to come in early. I will get read.

I will try to catch up later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.