Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2021

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Happy Halloween,

Today is also my DD's 36 birthday. DD and I had a blast at the virtual Cathe RT. Someone's husband/boyfriend probably didn't realize he was on camera, he was in his underwear LOL. I couldn't stop laughing :)

Cathe announced her new series it will be 12 strength training with recovery and mobility workouts. She didn't give too many details yet. It sounds good.

Diane - sorry you still in pain. I hope you feel better soon. I used very light weights, I was very carful with my left arm especially anything overhead/lateral. I kept everything low impact. I haven't worked out in weeks, doing all those workouts low impact/light weights kicked my butt, lol. I will keep my workouts like this until I see the surgeon. Yes, my doctor mention other medications like Humira (? the one you mention the other day your DD wants you to take) taking with another drug (?). My Rheumatologist thinks MTX has less side effects than all the other meds for RP. I think all the meds for RP will block the bodies absorption and use of certain vitamins. Meds for RP are all immune depressed medications.

Today I will take a short walk with Sadie and DD wants to do some yoga.

Hope you had a nice weekend;) BBL

BBL

Last edited:
Reactions: WD
I had to do a double take with the November!! But I guess it makes sense to start here.

This morning I did RAW Kettlebell #2. While I think this is a good workout it didn't really grab me this morning. I only did about 50 minutes of it (I think its over an hour long). I think it felt too slow because each move was a minute and she was doing one side at a time. Which is a bummer because there were a couple good moves in it but I will likely not return to it.

Belinda - good job with the road trip - glad you had fun! Can't wait to see if Cathe announces the new series in tomorrow's news letter or if she waits a bit.

Ooops! Not sure what made me think it was November already? Maybe Cathe announces the new series in tomorrow's news letter? I am very excited about the new series. She also showed her new Cathe equipment stuff. Very cool stuff. My credit card is ready.

Doreen - great job this morning. Sorry about the confusion :( I guess I am also confused, lol

I was confused too. Ha! No big deal. I wish it weren't the 31st. I hate Halloween. I don't like costumes and hate that Trick or Treat is during dinner time. Only 2 hours of the doorbell ringing. At least the dog is downstairs with my husband. She goes crazy. Maybe I will get lucky and no one will come. We are off the beat and path.

I discovered a new YT instructor, Michelle Briehler. I wanted a cardio fusion workout and she has PiYO workouts. Really good. I subscribed. She is outdoors in her driveway with a small group. I picked a bad one that was filmed in August and it was really hot. Her computer was affected and technology failed. They had to take several breaks due to the heat. I then selected one that was filmed last week with a breast cancer theme. Pink PiYo. It was similar to a Michelle Dozois 360. A little cardio, yoga, body weight. It moves quick and she does a routine. Definitely a no-boredom workout.I was worked out. I like her demeanor. Her voice is clear and the music is louder and clear. She isn't too chatty. I look forward to doing more of hers. She's tough but has modifiers.

I ordered Afterburn and ICE Chiseled Upper Body.

Belinda, thanks for the heads up on Cathe's new series. I had a feeling it was going to be a weight series. Glad you had fun.

This morning I did RAW 4 Day Split Chest and Back and had a great workout, I just wish it was a tad longer with maybe one more exercise to each body part.

This was 1 minute per exercise going slow and controlled.

BACK
Lat Pulldown
: 10's (this was done standing and was really hard to do)
Reverse Pec Deck or Scap Squeeze: 10's (this was also hard)
Lawn Mower: 25#
Repeat

CHEST
Moderated Pullover/Close Grip Press
: 12's
W Bench Press: 12's (this is tough)
Dummbbell Flies: 15's
Repeat

This was about 25 minutes

Then I did the Boxing Finisher and used my 1# sand weights. This was 14 minutes.

Belinda - Glad you had fun with Cathe's Roadtrip, sounds like fun! I might order her next series but I want to see the clips first. All her lifting workouts and so rushed anymore, and I hope these won't be. I'm sorry you keep relapsing, I sure hope you get on the road to recovery soon. Just do what your doctor says and keep taking the meds. I know it sucks, but at least it seems like they help. Hugs...

Diane - I hope you are feeling better, my left shoulder and tricep is aching today and not sure why. This was even before my workout. I stretched it good afterwards and it feels better, but I'm wondering if I slept wrong? Wish I was 30 again. :(

Can't believe it's November already. Not looking forward to the cold winter ahead.

have a great day everyone!!

Good morning,

CL# 368 Mad Hatter Madness is done.

Debbie - great job on your workout this morning. I like the looks of it. Thank you..we did had a lot of fun and laughter. I hope the speed with Cathe's new series is going to be slower. She mention they will be around 45 min. I haven't decided if I want the dvd's or just sign up for her OnDemand. I hardly use dvd's anymore. Thanks! It's my fault I relapsed. I pushed the meds too low. My Rheumatologist wanted me to say on long term. Now I am paying for it. Trust me, I will listen to my doctors from now on and take my meds. I was doing great for so long. The meds does seem to help.

Diane - how are you feeling? I hope you feeling better today.

Cam - thank you and welcome! I need to check her channel out.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Here is Sadie and DD's dog Cooper all dressed up for Halloween :)

Attachments

• Sadie + Cooper Halloween 30 Oct, 2021.jpeg
    Sadie + Cooper Halloween 30 Oct, 2021.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
  • Love
This morning I did RAW Lift it - but had to stop before the chest/floor work. I loved the format she did. And the reverse lunge to pistol squat was a new and challenging move and I really liked it! I will return to this one - slow, controlled, heavy weight.

The puppy totally lost his mind with trick or treating last night - Just couldn't stop barking and settle himself down. I had to turn off the light but he still couldn't settle. Yikes!

Well - Cathe didn't announce the new series in the newsletter this morning. Must be waiting for more details. Or hopefully she will film it first and then the pre-order goes quicker!! I keep saying this but I might just try this series On-Demand instead of ordering right away.

I am back at working out, am I will have to take this month slow since I took such a long break from lifting, 2.5 weeks but I will be smart about it and listen to my body. I started my workout with a 1 mile walk on the TM, I love to warm up this way, I put on some good music and it really gets me in the mood. I will be doing 1 body part per day this week, lite weights but focusing on form and just getting some strength back. This is what I did, it was easy but I have to ease myself back into it the safe way.

Shoulders,
Seated Overhead Press- 12's x 12, x 10, x 8, 10's x 8 DS

Seated Lateral Raise- 5's x 16, x 14, x 12

Upright Rows- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8, 8's x 8 DS

Incline Front Raise with an arc- 8's x 12, x 10, x 8, 5's x 8 DS

Rear Flies- 8's x 12, x 10, x 8, 5's x 8 DS

Seated Arnold Press- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8, 8's x 8 DS

ABS- 2 exercises to failure.

I bought some whey protein yesterday to help me build back some muscle, I barely ate anything for 2 weeks so I am looking very slim. I might not walk too much this next 2 weeks since my body fat is very low. I want to focus on getting some muscle back and certainly some cardio but not long distance walking. The hills will do the trick for cardio when I am strong enough to do that again.

We had NO trick or treaters this year, the people in my area said that the kids had parties to go to Friday and Sat. night so that was nice but I miss seeing the kids in their costumes.

Belinda, Sadie is so cute in her costume!!! Great job doing the RT since you have not worked out much lately. Too funny about the guy working out in his under garments LOL! Way to go on the CL workout, that one looks fun with the costumes.

Debbie, nice workout today! Great job on the weights today! It looks like the mid west may be quite cold this year.

Diane Sue, I hope your pain is low today or gone, wow this pain that everyone is going through is crazy. I bet your grandkids were cute in their costumes.

Cam, Great job with your workout that you found on YT. I will have to look into that instructor, the name sounds familiar.

Doreen, Way to go with the RAW workout today, I love slow and heavy workouts. I bet your puppy lost his mind, mine used to go crazy and now he could care less.

I know what you all mean when you say I cant believe it is November already. Has anyone started shopping for Christmas yet? I have no idea what to get anyone anymore.

No workout today and yesterday I just did CDorner deep stretch and some rolling and stretches for upper back, neck and shoulders. I don't know that my arthritis appointment was helpful. They are supposed to call and schedule an mri with me. I got blood work and I just feel driving for an hour to sit there for a few minutes and talk to the doctor without much feed back felt like a waste of my time. I could have called and asked him to go ahead and schedule the mri if I knew that was all. I think he is having me come in every 3 months instead of 6 now as he scheduled for February. I also have to go get the field vision eye test for my meds. They would have scheduled it, but I told them I have someone close that I will go to and they will send the results. Too many things to schedule and my holiday dates with family keeps changing. I guess I am just feeling overwhelmed with how to get it all done. Yesterday my husband got me some of those big packs of bottled water so now I don't have that to deal with for awhile. We had a pleasant evening and quite a few trick or treaters here yesterday. My daughter in law bought over two of my younger grandchildren and their cousin to do their trick or treating here. Boy the people here sure load up the children with a lot of goodies!! Our neighborhood is not even fully developed yet and a lot of people have just moved into their new homes. Our other house never had trick or treaters come. They had a dog costume contest and doggie Halloween parade at one of the pool cabanas every year. We never went. This is probably because it was mostly elderly and couples living there and a lot of townhomes. My daughter in law bought their part German shepherd dog to go trick or treating, but him and Gertie went outside in back to tussle with each other. I am watching Kermit when they go to Georgia for Thanksgiving with her parents. This ought to be fun. These two together have some rivalry. Kermit ate one of Gerties beds and leash when they kept Gertie at their house. Maybe I can tame that some :)
My arm hurts now. Also they wrapped the bandage thing over my arm so tight after drawing blood that on the way home when I had a stop light I pulled it off. My elbow and forearm were throbbing.

Belinda, happy birthday to your daughter. What a fun way to celebrate her birthday together. That is too funny about the guy in his underwear. My daughter thinks the biologics are more promising on preventing further damage from the RA. Her father in law is on them. But, yes she said Humira and also mentioned another one that starts with an R and I cannot remember the name. I just read up on them recently. I read stuff on John Hopkins quite a bit. I try to get info from reputable medical sources. I think it was 2023 the patent is up or whatever the call it for Humira which will be on the market then for 20 years and then there will be lower cost generics. I sure wish they could come up with a med that did not tear down the immune system even more. It is so confusing on what we can do to keep our immune system healthy while it is being suppressed at the same time. You have some good sounding doctors that seem attentive and really work with you. I explained about sleep problems, being on my back causes pain and he just didn't say much when I asked if there was a more comfortable way to do the mri. As we discussed it he mentioned it will be about half the time I spent last time as I did the neck first. I guess I will find out when I get it done. I told him the way they had my arm positioned was the position that really ramps up the pain. Do you have to fill out those forms stating your pain levels with med 1 to 10 and without 1-10 and where it hurts, what makes it hurt etc. I filled out most, but rating how the meds work with and without them when I am taking them every day is not possible. I left it blank and the new assistant was persistent that I had to fill that out and she could not do it for me. The doctor needs to be able to see it. I am thinking I am talking to him so why do I have put it all down. Besides it hurts to write. He also asked it I wanted to come back in so he could go over the mri results with me or have a nurse call and give them to me. I told him to have the nurse call. Besides I can read the doctors impression on what it is online. It will save me another miserable trip unless he wants to do something to help me out with it.
The new workouts will probably be good. It sounds nice that she is including some mobility. I would have to see format and hopefully there is upper and lower separate or together options. That is preferable to me anyway.
The dogs look cute in their costumes. Kermit the part German shepherd came in with a bow tie on which was cute. He is a cute doggie full of puppy energy. Whatever else he has in him, I do not think he will get as big as a German shepherd. He sure has some straight up big ears. They take him some place where they sell some kind of hot dogs for people and some for their dogs and dogs can play in the dog park together. I never heard of it before.

Doreen, is that the kettlebell workout that has a lot of one sided strength moves with some swings interspersed? I know I have done one of them. I have somewhat of a fear of kettlebell swings right now. I love doing them though. I have not done the Lift it yet. I always have struggled with the pistol squats but feel it even if my foot has to tap the floor. I think those kind of moves is why I have no problem getting in and out of chairs without holding on to something. I am just thinking of all of the questions they ask at the arthritis center. I should practice those without weights more often.
I think most dogs get pretty excited about people coming to the door. Gertie gets excited over the runners that run the street that is not all filled in with houses yet. I put a bark collar on her when she gets to barking excessively. Most of the time she doesn't and we don't need it. The visiting dog was barking so much I did not put the collar on Gertie as I was afraid the other dog's barking would set it off. One time a clap of lightening and thunder set it off and she yipped and ran in the house to safety. I felt so bad. So, I do not use it a lot. Just if I think she is going to annoy people. In reality, we want them to bark sometimes. Like if someone is breaking in or messing around the house outside that is not us.

Cam, I don't mind trick or treating. They did start pretty early so it was still light. My dog barks and has to greet at the door which I think would scare some people so I put her in her room aka my workout/art room #2. Last night though we had a doggie guest so I shut the doggie door and left them outside till I thought they had roughed each other up enough. Gertie is an 8 year old lab and she wears out faster than the pup. I then just separated them into two areas. At 8:30 I turned out the porch light and quit giving candy and ate some Reeses peanut butter cups which was probably not a good idea for handling pain and sleeping. I saw those Piyo workouts Pink Piyo one. I saved on Youtube yesterday when I did a stretch. I will check it out. Does she do a lot of to the floor like Chalene (sp) does in the Piyo workouts?

Debbie, nice work on the Raw 4 day split. Kelly comes up with the moves that really work those posture muscles. I am sure we can use those. Chest work is terribly painful for me with the front of my shoulder. It has been for a very long time. Particularly pullovers and close grip bench press. Sleeping is often the issue. If I sleep with my arm or shoulder in a bad position I wake up in pain. Lately it takes me coffee, warming up a bit and the best part of an hour to loosen up those painful areas. If I can manage to stay on my back I do best, but that crazy arm starts hurting and I keep moving and shifting to find a comfortable position or get up and move my arm and shoulder around a bit which really disrupts my sleep.

Jolie, the best part of trick or treaters is the little ones in their costumes. They make me smile. The older ones sometimes are obnoxious. They do not say trick or treat, or thank you. I had a group of teenagers and one boy said thank you and Merry Christmas. I guess not too bad. One cute little girl kept picking up candy I dropped and I would apologize and she would say that's okay, thank you and put it in the other kids bags. It was just cute. The big ones would not stand still and hold their pillowcases open enough. I was throwing handfuls in the bags. One group of small ones had little pumpkin baskets that were so full I was trying to shove the candy down into them. Lots of cuteness. We had a Star Wars Mandolarian costume on one grandchild and the minion on the other. Which is sort of a joke with all of the political stuff going on with costumes. I watched a satirical video on costumes and what the children could not dress as and all of the kids in the neighborhood was outside in Minion costumes. My daughter in law and granddaughter 21 had on minion hats. LOL
Believe me I wish this pain was gone. I want to lift weights. The doctor says nothing about that. I offer up what I have had to do, but no comment from him. Not helpful really. I feel I am working my own way through this. Maybe I can be hopeful after the MRI.
Good workout today with lighter workouts. That sounds like a good plan. I use whey protein every day. Lately Native Fuel. Although it does not say undenatured on it. I have read multiple places that undenatured works best at getting where it needs to be. Garden of Life Sport whey is undenatured on the canister. Not a lot say that. It has something to do with the process and not heating it? I do not eat a lot of meat so I know I need to use it to keep some protein down. Last night after all of the activities I realized I had eaten a protein bowl with whey and lots of peanut butter cups. I topped off the night with air fried sweet potato cubes and an egg. I do not eat eggs often, but it was an easy way to get something decent in before I took my night time supplements and medicine.

Today I did Tracy Steen 43 min. Lower Body Obliteration. Really liked it.

Diane, not sure how she compares to Charlene. I have never done anything by her. I am loking forward to trying some of her others

Jolie, good idea taking it slow. Let your body fully heal. It's not worth a set back. I did get pajamas for my mom for Christmas. I never shop this early, but she needs pajamas and she is really thin, so got thr xsmalls before they are gone.

Roselyn, I saw that you asked about skin care. I use Avon Anew. I like it.

Good workouts everyone!

Roselyn, I use SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore moisturizer and the SkinCeuticals A.G.E eye cream. I really like it a lot. My daughter usually gets me the moisturizer for my birthday and mother's day and I paid her discount for the eye cream myself. She is a dermatologist and she liked both a lot.

Cam, I should look at the Piyo before I do it. Chalene did the original series on Beach Body. They are a lot like what you describe. That is nice that you get your mom pajamas for Christmas. We used to do that for my father in law. Nice work with Tracey Steen.

This morning I did CDorner's Basic Step Aerobics that she just posted that was outside. I must say, her property is beautiful. They live in PA right? Such a pretty area. Funny to see Kevin working in the back. This was a good and easy workout, I don't even think I broke a sweat. I tried adding a bit more intensity to it but was just enjoying it as is. Fun workout and only 30 minutes. I need to start getting on my Bowflex again. Such a dread factor! LOL!!

Then I did RAW Stretch and did the standing part of it. Felt good to do that.

Roselyn - I use multiple skin care products. I love the Cerave Night Time PM lotion but use it for day lotion and I use Olay Regenerist for my night time cream. I love Olay products. I also use serums from Timeless and The Ordinary, things like Lactid Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide + Zinc, Vitamin C serum, etc. I follow a routine I found on Youtube by Hot & Flashy who is almost 60 years old and has a great skin care routine. If you are interested, let me know and I will find the video and post it here.

Belinda - Great job with your workout yesterday, so glad you are still working out even though I'm sure you aren't feeling like it. You are a strong lady, my friend!!! LOVE the picture! So cute!

Doreen - I love the different moves Kelly has in her RAW workouts, Lift It is a good one. I feel bad for your puppy, they do get all messed up when their routine is interrupted.

Jolie - Glad to see you are working out again. Nice job with your workout! We had about 15 kids which is hardly anything compared to what we usually had back in the day. Weird thing is, our street is full of kids so not sure why they didn't go out and get candy.

Diane - Do your doctors offer Telehealth? Maybe next time when all you need are results, the doctor can zoom with you or something. Why drive all that way to sit and wait for a 15 minutes meeting. I hope you get your MRI done soon, maybe that will shine some light on what is going on. Hope you are feeling better today.

Cam - Great job with your workout yesterday!!

Hope you all have a great day and wonderful workouts!!!

Yes Debbie I am interested in that video

Today I dd bulk body beast legs, I always go back to Beast I feel like it really helps me get stronger

This morning I did RAW 30 Min Box and Sculpt. This felt a little lower intensity intervals of boxing combos with light weights (egg weights but I do not have) and then some sculpting moves. Then I tried one round of the kettlebell finisher.

Today I started with a 1.5 mile walk on the TM, no incline like I usually do and went at a slower pace than normal. Today I did Chest. It was short, sweet and to the point. Boy, is it easier to workout if you are really thin, meaning I dont have to kill myself to burn calories to burn fat. Now that I am thin, I just have to focus on building and boy is that easier on the body. I must keep my diet in check going forward so I do not have to stress about my weight going forward.

Chest Press- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8, 12's x 8, 10's x 8 DS
Chest Flies- 12's x 12, x 10, x 8, 10's x 8, 8's x 8 DS
Incline Chest Press- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8, 12's x 8 DS
Incline Chest Flies- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8, 8's x 8 DS

ABS- Bicycles to failure

Debbie, fun workout that you did today, the scenery sounds wonderful. I used to live on a small ranch growing up and would love to have some property again in the future. How is your body feeling? It looks like you have overcome a lot of the pain, I am so happy for you. Right now I am using Bare Minerals Skinlongevity serum for my face and they eye cream and love it. I also bought a moisturizer by NARS and love it for my neck.

Diane, I hope you are feeling better today. This pain you are experiencing is rough, I hope you get to the bottom of it. I have used the skin care that you use in the past and I loved it. It is pricy but worth every penny.

Roselyn, how is your mother? Way to go on BB legs, that is a killer workout!

Cam, I should get my mom some PJs too, great idea! I also buy her tons of books, she loves to read and I buy her really nice skin care because she will not splurg on herself. I hope you have a nice workout today.

Doreen, way to go with the RAW workout today.

Belinda, I hope you have a great workout or walk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did CDorner Low Impact all standing to the beat stopping when she picked up dumbbells and forwarded to the standing ab move and stretch, 33 minutes, 217 calories, heart rate 151/180,3,494 steps. I then did her mobility hiit from today modifying and I just did something else when she did the scorpion, 33 minutes, 53 calories, heart rate79/102. Total time 66 minutes, 270 calories. I was in so much pain last night and woke today with terribly tight painful traps and shoulder blades. It took me quite awhile to get loosened up. I soaked in epsom salts after the workout. Still the arm and shoulder are painful and the thing is, the left is a little sore in the front of the should as well. They have not called to set up an mri yet. I kept checking my phone to see if I missed a call or it had been blocked by call protect, but no missed calls other than the people calling me back to set up an appointment to winterize our sprinkler system.
I sat in the recliner this afternoon and slept for an hour as all of this pain and lack of sleep is wearing me down.

Roselyn, That is wonderful that your mother's memory is back and has gained back some weight.

Debbie, I enjoyed that workout outside. It looks like they have a lot of space outside around there house. Yes, it was funny that Kevin was outside. I don't think she realized it at first when he was dragging out a hose or something. It is a beautiful setting in her outdoor workouts there. She said in one video that not many people come out there. Although she mentioned the UPS truck when she was doing this workout.
I don't know if they have telehealth or not. I wouldn't know for sure how to use it. They have me scheduled for a visit in February, but if it is icy they won't see me till spring. I won't drive there. I did get blood work done as well.

Doreen, nice work on the Box and Sculpt. I saw she has a new step box workout that she put up.

Jolie, great workout today. It is nice to be able to mainly work on strength. Yes, what I use is pricey, and I would probably use it only at night and something else during the day to make it last longer if I didn't get it as a gift. I paid 40% off for the eye cream and I use it at night and Derma E eye cream during the day so it lasts awhile.

Belinda, I hope you had a good day today. Appointments?

Hi,

Besides a short walk I haven't done anything. My DD's 60 birthday is coming up. My kids and I are hosting a virtual birthday party with friends, family and friends in the military. I been sending invites since this morning.

Debbie - my left shoulder is hurting, I can feel the lighter weights especially since I haven't workout. I will see the surgeon soon. Then I can go from there. Thanks for your kind words and picture.

Roselyn - I also use multiple skin care products. I also been wondering about your mom. I hope she doing great.

Diane - thank you about the birthday wishes for DD. My doctor mention Humira and also mentioned another one with an R taking it together for RP? I will ask him next time. When I see my Rheumatologist I don't fill out anything. He does ask me about your pain level like my the pain in my noise I am experiencing right now. Depending where and who I see at the hospital. I hate filling out paper work. I always tell them I didn't bring my reading glasses. Which is true! I hope you get an MRI soon and you finally know what's going on.

I will try to answer more personals tomorrow. I am getting tired. Good night.

Today I did a Tracy Steen 50 min. Upper Body Strength. 3 circuits consisting of 4 strength exercises and 1 cardio. 40 sec. 3x through. I liked it and it was challenging.

Roselyn, Glad your mom is better. It takes a while for elderly to get their mind back. I was really scared the 1st time my mom was talking crazy and really out of it. A nurse told me that it is temporary. She was right. My mom always bounces back. She has had a lot of medical issues though. I really can't believe all she has survived. This last UTI took a little more out of her, but she is doing good.

Good workouts everyone!

I am looking forward to getting Afterburn. It should arrive on Friday. I plan to do it on Saturday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.