Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2021

Hi,

Today I did a 30 min full body workout on YT.

Tomorrow I have PT.

Debbie - yes, I signed up for a year. I love the planner. Great job as always.

Diane - sending prayers your way.

Cam - I used to do her workouts, mostly her band workouts when I travel.

Roselyn - great job on your upper body workout.

Good night.

Reactions: WD
Tonight I did DCFitt 50 min Low Impact Hiit. One of my favorite cardio workouts. I added a little impact and was breathing hard. I thought she quit YT, but was on a hiatus. I Iike her workouts but not her voice. I followed up with Heather's 10 min abs. I also walked 3 miles. 2 at lunchtime and one with my dog.

Diane, don't get discouraged. You stay in shape so if you need surgery you will heal quickly. I agree with your husband, try not to read too much on the internet, there is a lot of negativity and false info. I watched a lot of YT videos of people reporting on the neck fusion surgery that I had. Most were negative and I wish I wouldn't have wasted my time. Think about feeling better and living more pain free. Don't do any upperbody work at all. There are some good low impact standing cardio workouts on YT. Good idea with lower body work.

Good workouts everyone!

Feeling pretty good lately, I have to be real conscience of my posture at work, I still really struggle with that. Why is it so hard to make your body sit up straight? Anyways, today I did CDorner's 30 Minute Fast Basic Step from yesterday. It was pretty fun and went by quick.

Workout was 30 minutes, I burned 184 calories, did 2758 steps and HR was119/159. I swear it got higher than that, especially during the blasts.

I also did a 10 minute stretch from Kit Rich that I found on Youtube. It was lower body and good. I need to do more stretching, that is for sure.

Diane - I am so sorry things are so up in the air. You shouldn't worry until you speak with your doctor. I hate doing research for medical things online, it always leads to bad news. I agree with what Cam said. I know it's scary, I would be so frustrated and upset if I were you and I sure hope you don't need surgery. I wonder how it happened? And I wonder if that has been your problem all along or if it just happened when you started feeling so much pain a few weeks back? I hope you get an appointment soon.

Roselyn - Great job with back and bis yesterday!

Belinda - I am glad you are still using the planner. I forgot you signed up for 1 year. I only did 4 months and although i loved it, I just can't justify the cost for as much as I was using it. Oh well. They have some great recipes, though, that's for sure!

Cam - Great workout, I'll have to check her out.

Doreen and Jolie - Hope you have great workouts today!

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi,

I did CL# 371 Step & Weights aired this morning.

Debbie - I understand what you mean. I did get the planner for a good price. I do use it daily. The food is very good and healthy. As along as my husband is enjoying I am good.

Need to get ready for my PT. BBL

I forgot to check in yesterday! I went for a 3 mile walk, and today I went for a 3 mile walk. Well, I have to say that I am so sore from the 10 Rounds Boxing workout this is all I could do the last 2 days. My calves are very sore from being up on my toes, it feels like I did 1000 calve raises after not doing them for a long time, these DOMS are incredible. My forearms are so sore as well, I am shocked how out of shape I am right now. However, I feel better than I have in years, so go figure. Anyway, I hope to lift maybe tomorrow or do another 10 rounds workout. I went on Amazon and purchased the Core De Force kickboxing workout from Beach Body that was launched a few years back. It looks like fun and gets really great reviews. I am not sure I want to sign up for Beach Body, I like having the workout to own. It arrives tomorrow and was only $20 for the entire workout series so I am anxious to try it out. 10 Rounds has zero kicking and I kind of want that for my legs.

Debbie, great job on the step workout today. My Fitbit is on its last leg I think, it is starting to glitch. What Garmin are you looking at for your Christmas gift?

Belinda, nice job on the Cathe Live workout.

Cam, you do workouts that i have never heard of, where have I been? Have you done any of the the Beach Body workouts and did you like them?

Diane Sue, do not worry until you speak to your doctor, I looks stuff up all the time and just stress myself out. Everybody's situations are different so yours may be better than you think. Be patient my friend, you will recover an be better than ever!

I am starting to stress about Christmas, I have barely bought a thing and with the shortages on products, this could get scary fast.

BBL to read the other posts for the day.

Just a walk with my dog tonight, but she doesn't go slow. It's 30 degrees out and I am a little sweaty. She gives me a workout.I thought she was done with nighttime walks. My daughter walks her at lunchtime and all Fall she refused to walk at night. Well, she loves cold weather and has lots of energy for a 2nd walk. I like the 60's at night, but apparently that's too warm for her. Go figure! I don't complain, I actually like nighttime winter walks. I always find it nice and peaceful. Well unless Bambi is out then she goes nuts, or other dogs.

Jolie, I have never gotten in to Beach Body workouts. I don't care for the instructors. Tony Horton and Shaun T drive me nuts. Too much hype I guess. I don't know what their current offerings are. I think a couple years ago, there was a YT workout of theirs I found that was ok. I fogot the name. Morning something or other. It wasn't bad.

Debbie, I also get into bad posture at work. I have been sitting at longer intervals lately. I do use my standing desk and try to move around as much as I can, but I get tight down my side into my hip. I spend a lot of time after workouts stretching. Glad you are feeling good.

Good workouts Ladies! I think tomorrow I will do a Michelle Briehler PiYo workout. Love her style!

Today I did CDorner Basic step 33 minutes, 180 calories, heart rate 144/177. I Then did stretching for 32 minutes, some with Dr Jo that was exercises and stretching for hip pain. I don't know why, but last night I started having terrible spasms in my right hip flexor all the way to my knee. I stretched before bed and it was okay, till later and I had to stop and do some stretching in the work out, then went back for the last 5 minutes which I did on the floor. I felt good after the stretching and a tub soak. My husband and I went to take something to a UPS store and stopped at Petco and when we came back he was trying to fix our flag pole. I got up quick to help him and when I stepped off the bar stool my leg started in again only worse. I could not stand and it just got worse. I took Advil and got out ice and had a terrible time getting into the recliner as my leg did not want to bend. It finally let up, but is still sort of off. I am icing before I go to bed. I made a sling and wore it while doing step to keep my arm in place. No call yet from the orthopedic doctor. I had a missed call and called it back and it was not a working number :rolleyes: I think I will skip anything tomorrow. This morning I had in mind to do a short cardio and do some barre work. CDorner did a barre workout, but it looks like she is going to be doing some lateral raises and stuff with light dumbbells which in other circumstances would be nice.

Cam, thanks, I am trying not to get discouraged. My daughter was more encouraging as she said she did not think it would be like what I read. Her best friends husband is a doctor and he just had shoulder surgery and it was outpatient and went well. Her being in the medical field is helpful. She is just sort of put out that they are so slow getting things done. I would imagine winter walks with your dog would be nicer as not so many other people would be out at the same time. I don't know why it is, but dogs seem to get over excited when they see another dog. Mine can walk fine till she sees another dog and I have to take her to the opposite side of the street and coax her along. I had some of Sean T's workouts and threw them in the trash when we moved. I really do not care for him. Tony is okay, but sometimes I felt like he was spending time showing off what he could do. Still, I have all of the P90X workout sets and several one on one workouts. They are just not my go to workouts. Once I did them, there is not a draw to do them again. P90X 3 is all shorter workouts and a variety of stuff, even pilates and yoga. He always confuses me on kickboxing because I seem to end up on the wrong foot because of his mirror image or something.

Debbie, that is the workout I did this morning. I liked it, but sure wish my leg didn't start acting up. I don't know how the tendon tear started. Maybe the orthopedic doctor can look at the mri and shed some light. I know sometimes bone spurs can cause it to tear, sometimes it is wear and repetitive movement. Age, etc. I am pretty sure though that I probably should have had the mri 4 months ago when I had him give me the steroid injection, hoping it would stop the pain again like it did over 2 years ago. I would have gotten an earlier start on fixing it rather than working around it and those repeated store trips lifting heavy things like a 25# frozen turkey in and out of cart and car. I keep thinking how much that hurt. Then I started buying lighter things and finally just having grocery delivery. I have probably made the tear worse. Smaller tears they just sew back together and let it heal. When they full thickness tear, it sounds like a more major fix. We will see. My daughter really thinks they will have to do surgery.

Belinda, nice work today. I hope PT goes well.

Jolie, you are getting in a lot of walking. I always get sore feet when I do workouts that have me up on my toes. I would think all of the hill walking would have strengthened your calves some. I did not know they had any of the Beach Body workouts on Amazon.

This morning I did RAW Box & Pump 5 and I really love this workout. I did it once before. I was looking for Box & Pump 6, I thought Kelly put another out there but didn't see it? Maybe I dreamed it. I love these workouts so much I keep hoping she makes another. LOL!! Like 5 isn't enough!!

This workout is very heavy on the boxing but it's slow and controlled. I used my 1# sand weights but sort of wish I would have used my 2# dumbbells for at least the first half of it. I might next time. 30 seconds each segment, 10 second rest - only one dumbbell is used. Kelly uses 20#, I used 15 and 20# depending on the exercise:

Boxing - several drills, it seems to go on forever but it's fun
Alternate Snatch: 15#
Squats: 20#
Repeat

Boxing
Alternate Curtsy Squats
: 20#
Tamahawk Hammer Curl: 20#
Repeat

Boxing
(and after this she says if you only want to do 30 min. you can stop here)
Alternate Snatch: 15#
Squats: 20#
Repeat

Boxing
Alternate Curtsy Squats:
20#
Tamahawk Hammer Curl: 20#
Repeat

Workout was 51 minutes, burned 292 calories, did 4274 steps and HR was 113/160. Very fun workout.

Diane - The side of my glutes (outer hips) are really sore today and I think it's from that step workout from Chris, the basic one that was 30 minutes. I remember really feeling it when I was doing the workout, there were a lot of side to side things and I remember my hips burning. Maybe that's what caused your issue? You might have pulled something or a nerve got pinched. I'm sorry you are going through so many things, I know how frustrating that is. I hope you hear from the surgeon today. Why do these things take so damn long?

Belinda - Great workout yesterday! You go with the Live workouts!! I sort of miss them but always worry about being in pain afterwards.

Jolie - Great job with your walking workouts, and ouch on the calves being sore!! I hope you like the workout series you ordered, I remember that one but I don't think I ever did any of the workouts. I'm glad you can do these workouts, I thought they made your hips go out or something when you did the kicking parts of the workouts. I hope that doesn't happen. I really love kickboxing workouts. I honestly haven't been looking at models for Garmin. I'll wait to see if my DH gets me one for Christmas, he will do research and get the best one he thinks I'd like. If he doesn't get one for me I'll get one with my Christmas money. :)

Cam - LOL on your dog! That's funny. Be careful walking at night. I don't know if you have a large or small dog, but hopefully he will protect you if any crazies show up. I worry about woman when they walk at night. Just be careful!

Have a great weekend everyone, I am so glad it's FRIDAY!!!

Resting today even though I feel a lot better. Leg is a little tiny bit sore. I do not want to experience yesterday again. I will try to walk around more today though.

Debbie, I think I might have aggravated my leg sleeping with the wedge pillow under my legs, It would move away from me at night and I did not want to use my arm so I would pull it toward myself with my leg. Twice I got a severe cramp doing that. Also that workout was hurting and that is why I finished on the floor, It makes no sense though as I do the Advanced ones with lots of kicks and turns. I think the wedge pillow would not move so much as their is a textured bottom on these wedges to keep them stable, but I put them in pillow cases to avoid having to clean the covers too often. Even the smaller head and lumbar pillows have elastic straps to hold them in the place you want them, but I am not using them because I put pillow cases over. The only one I did not cover is the wedge base that curves so I can adjust the main wedge. That probably does not make sense, but anyway I think that aggravated and I decided last night not to use the leg wedge. Only thing is my arm hurt more this morning as it is close enough that I would rest my hand and lower arm on the leg wedge.

Today I pulled out a workout that I purchased years ago but never used it because it seemed too slow and short. Now, that is all I want to do so it was perfect. I probably did too much today, I did the Shoulder Shredder and the Arm Annihilator but loved both workouts. It is high reps but slow and controlled so I went lite with the weights. The Shoulder workout was 21 minutes and the Arm workout was 35 minutes. Total calorie burn was 427 calories that us way less than the program says but I did lighter weights and probably wasnt working that hard.
SHOULDERS-
Seated Overhead Press- 12's x 15
Sit ups- x 10
Upright Rows- 10's x 15
Sit Ups- x 10
4 more rounds of this but I did different AB exercises each time. This was a killer workout and I loved the pace.
BURN OUT- Lateral Raise- 5's x 25 reps

ARMS-
Seated Bicep Curls to Overhead Press- 10's x 15 reps x 3 sets
Hammer Curls- 10's x 15 reps x 3 sets
Jumping Jacks x 10 I did low impact
Close Grip Chest Press- 12's x 15 ( repeat Jumping Jacks to Close Grip Press x 3 times?
Bicep Curls- 10's x 5 reps till you hit 50 reps
Cable Triceps Pull Downs- 30# x 15 ( he did dips )
Cable Close Grip Underhand Pull Downs ( he does chin ups )30# x 5 reps till you hit 50 reps
Sit Ups- 3 sets of 50 reps, ( I did Bicycles, leg raises and crunches instead )
BURN OUT- Triceps lying ext.- 8's x 25 reps.

Wow, I will probably be sore tomorrow but that is the way it goes... I was safe and slow and controlled the entire workout.

Debbie, great job on the boxing workout today. I love boxing workouts. I can do kicks but I will definitely modify when need be or just do a front kick. I always change the workouts to suit my needs and it usually works well when I do. I am so scared to get hurt after what Diane is going through, trust me I will be safe. I am not doing it as a rotation, I will just do a workout when I feel like doing a kickboxing workout because they are short in time. I am going to look into the Garmins today and see what the differences are in each model.

Diane Sue, Please do not workout at all, your body needs a break! I pray for you and for a speedy recovery. I would put your arm in a sling that you can buy at CVS or Amazon and just go for walks till you meet with your doctor. Do risk tearing it more. Just my opinion of coarse, we all do what is right for us! :)

Cam, how in God's name do you walk in 30 degree weather, I would freeze to death! Great job on the walk at night!

BBL to read the posts for the day. I have to start cleaning my house, my parents are coming for Thanksgiving so I have to make the house presentable. We are making a 20 pound Brisket on the smoker, lobster mac and cheese, Caesar Salad, Hot Crab Dip, and Shrimp Scampi with a Pumpkin and pecan pie. Wow, that is a lot of food for a small group. I will give our elderly neighbor dinner too!

Jolie, here is the Garmin watch that I have Amazon.com: Garmin 010-02172-21 Vivoactive 4S, Smaller-Sized GPS Smartwatch, Features Music, Body Energy Monitoring, Animated Workouts, Pulse Ox Sensors, Rose Gold with White Band, 40mm : Sports & Outdoors
I got the 4S as it is a tad smaller than the 4.

I guess we learn our lessons about fitness as we go along. I think boxing is fine (if you do not have a tear) but, I am thinking more recovery days in between and worry somewhat about the shoulder joint with weights. JMO. I remember 13 years ago having to quit boxing because of my elbow. When I went back to doing boxing workouts I did not wear weight gloves for a very long time. Yes, they up the intensity and calories, a bit of muscle definition, but maybe we should just do weights for that. Rethinking all of the messes I have got myself into which were not healthy choices. Lobster mac and cheese sounds good. I like anything with sea food though. My daughter in law made a different green bean casserole that had bacon and lots of cheese with fresh green beans that was really good this year. She hates cream of mushroom soup LOL. I liked the change.

Hi,

Quick check in. I had 2 doctors appointments today. I did CL Express Kick boxing. Very fun workout

Debbie - I keep everything low impact/ no jumping. I am really getting good with modifications. Great job today.

Diane - hope you enjoy your rest day.

I will catch up with more personals tomorrow. I am beat. Good night.

Tonight I did PiYo #66. It was good for a Friday workout. She moves quick but perfect amount of time spent on the moves.

Debbie, I have a 6 y.o. yellow Lab. She is a puller and not very enjoyable to walk. My daughter usually walks with me at night, but I feel pretty safe and I stay in my neighborhood. Good workout today! Glad you are feeling good.

Jolie, we here in the Midwest tolerate the cold. I never thought I would walk my dog in 10 degrees, but I do. The cold doesn't bother her and she loves snow. I've gotten used to the cold, but i hate bundling up. Good workout today!

Diane, you might want to just use a pillow. It still moves around, but might be easier for you. I still put one under my arm when I sleep but I end up waking up with it on my chest. If only we were still when we sleep. Yeah, I often look back and think of things I should have done differently through the years. But, we can't look back, only forward. Hope you see the doc soon.

On vacation for a week. Yay! I will focus on weight workouts this coming week.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No workout to report. My son/DIL are flying in from TX tomorrow.

Cam, I used to have a yellow Lab. Brawler was my baby and a sweetheart. Miss him so much :( He had degenerative myelopathy. Brawler and Chu Chu both were leash trained. Both were my running partners. I did train both when they were puppies. I always ran/or walked with both dogs. How old is your dog? Labs are good learners. I had a little yorkie when we were station in Germany. We lived on base, they had strict leashing your dog. Pixie was also my running partner. The military police on base never said anything since she listen to my commands. She never crossed the streets without my commands. Pixie was never on a leash. She ran without a leash right next to me. The only time she ran away when she saw a rabbit at the park on base :) She came back when I gave her the command. Sadie, on the other hand.....she does whatever she wants to do, lol. She knows basic commands. I am afraid to let her off leash, she isn't familiar with her surrounding yet. We only had her for a few month. Eventually I will train her to walk off leash. Enjoy your vacation week. Are you going anywhere?

Diane - how are you doing? Hopefully taking it easy.

Good job everyone.

No workout again today. When my leg starts hurting their is a clicking in my hip when I walk. I am taking it easy for awhile. It lets up when I ice and keep my legs elevated. I took Advil once today. Shoulder is still the same, but tolerable as long as I do not use that arm too much. Yesterday I did all of my family and game day friends Christmas shopping so I got that out of the way :D I sure hope that I hear from the surgeon soon. Also a week from Tuesday I see my primary doctor and am hoping to address some things that are going on with her. At this point I am doubting unless there is a miracle I will be able to do my upcoming mammogram. I need to get it though as I keep having some pain on the left. Not sure if it is how I am sleeping or what. Only at night. I think old age finally hit and I am going down hill or something so need to claw myself back out of all of this.
I keep getting distracted with things. I was making my husband chili for dinner and put bell peppers and chipotle powder in and remember that was the wrong pan as I was making me a taco salad without the tacos. Ended up making me paleo taco soup and starting his chili over. He hates veggies.

Jolie, I am resting and I found a long scarf that is working well for a sling. I guess I should order one. I was hoping to get in to the doctor and them to help me out with that and hear their suggestions.

Belinda, hope your doctors appointments went well. Gertie is a really good dog and minds most of the time, never runs off. I trained her with a series of leashes (different links) that were meant for off leash training. The long ones were good because I could step on them and halt her if she did not come when called. She was pretty stubborn for awhile. She is really smart. It often seems like she knows what we are talking about. My other dog was awful for walking. As soon as the door was open she was off like a shot. And terrible about dragging me through a whole walk. Gertie gets over excited when we go for a walk till we are out for a bit as she does not get taken for walks often and that is my fault. She loves car rides as well. We had a great Dane that was so well behaved and we had to put her down before she was a year old and it was heart breaking. I think I was pretty determined with Gertie to learn techniques for training after dealing with the other dog. Mudd was part lab, but had the most anxiety I have ever seen in a dog. We got her when she was barely over 4 weeks old and such a tiny thing.
Sadie will learn, I am sure of it.

Cam I need to pull out my McKenzie neck roll that I got a couple of years ago for neck issues. Before the wedge pillow set came I was using it for resting my arm on. I think I moved it to the living room and when we were having company I put it in one of totes in our hall tree to get it out of the way. Or go back to carrying my my pillow roll and go pillow to bed with me. I need to get a second one of those. I use the one I have for my lower back when sitting on the bar stool and when driving. You are right, we can't go back and do things differently. I am just working on which way to go next.

This morning I did Tracy Steen 45 min. Total Body Strength Shakey Muscle w.o. I loved this. She does a muscle sequence with a 8-16-32 rep pattern. Each muscle sequence was about 5 min. It was similar to Cathe's style of weight lifting. It really went quick and every muscle was worked. I needed a good weight workout today. Then I started cleaning and organizing my kitchen cupboards. Long overdue. But I decided I would break it up into portions over the week, so I cleaned a few and thought, hmm, how about baking some cookies. Will get it done by Thanksgiving, I hope.

Diane, Monday I would call and follow up and make sure they didn't forget about you. Holiday time is difficult to get into the doc.but you are an emergency. Let them know your pain is barely tolerable.

Belinda, my dog is 6 years. We live on a conservancy and 4 acres. She likes to alert us when all the wildlife is in our yard. She thinks she can catch deer and turkeys and tries to climb a tree to get squirrels. Ugh. You think in 6 years she would figure it out. She conveniently forgets her name too when she roams too far into the brush. Love her to death, but she is a stubborn dog. She's excellent indoors, but outdoors she's a little stinker.

Enjoy your family time Ladies!

Yesterday was a rest day. Today I got of very early and went out for a 6 mile walk through the hills, 1 hour 54 minutes and burned 1,027 calories. I feel great today, I went to bed at 8pm and got up at 4:45am and just feel really good for some reason. I will take it because the last week I was dragging, poor sleep due to hot flashes, so I look forward to feeling good today.

Diane Sue, I am praying for you, my friend. I swear, getting older sucks. When we are young, we never think that what we are doing at the time, what it will do to us in our senior years. I am yelling at my youngest son all of the time to respect his body. I hope you feel better today and hopefully your surgeon calls you tomorrow. Relax and feel better.

I hope everyone has a great day today, 85 degrees her today so I am cleaning carpets and opening all of the doors and windows so they dry quickly. I love this weather, we tend to get it every year during the holiday season.

I did Healthy Fit w/Ty 45 min Fun & Sweaty Low Impact Hiit. She has some fun creative cardio.

Finished cleaning my cupboards. Just have to clean and polish the wood. Feels good to have accomplished that.

Just heard a SUV plowed through a Christmas parade 10 miles from my house. Awful, just awful. A group of young teen dancers were hit. Someone reported that bodies were flying in the air and body parts on the road. Can you imagine kids seeing that!! Not a good week in Wisconsin. Mayhem after the Rittenhouse verdict and now this.

Jolie, in case you want to know its 40 degrees here with wind gusts. A good day to clean cupboards I guess.

I cannot believe it is the 22nd already. Yikes!!

This morning I did the newest workout from Caroline Girvan's called 30 Minute Mighty Full Body Workout - Dumbbells and had a great workout. I just felt like doing one of hers and she is done with Epic III so I figured I'd do this one.

1 minute each exercise, 20 seconds rest. High reps for this one so my weights weren't that heavy:

Chest Press: 15's - 2 sets
Static Lunges: 15's 1 set per side
Shoulder Press: 10's - 2 sets (killer for 1 minute!!)
Static Lunges: 12's (I added bicep curls with this as well) 1 set per side
Bent Over Single Arm Row: 15# 2 sets per side
Static Lunge: 12's (did hammer curls with the lunge)
Pullover: 15# - 2 sets
Statice Lunges: I did Tricep Overhead Ext. instead using 15#
One Leg Deadlift: 15#/20# - 2 sets each side
ABS:
Dumbbell Crunch while Lowering Legs - 10#
Duumbbell Toe Reach - 10#
Dumbbell Crunch while Lowering Legs - 10#

Workout was 42 minutes (not 30!) and I only burned 102 calories. Every damn time I looked at my FB my HR was at 66 or 67. When I walked out of my workout room to get my cat his catfood, my HR was in the 90's. How can I lift weights and my HR only be in the 60's? Something is not right here. Anyways, I did 767 steps and HR was 79-123. Never even saw these numbers while working out. It said I was only in my zone for 2 minutes.

This was a fun workout, I enjoyed it. I will do her workouts here and there just to change it up.

Cam - I saw that on the news about the SUV hitting people. What is wrong with everyone in this world right now? So scary!! How horrible to have that happen.

Diane - I hope you are feeling a bit better today. Hopefully you'll hear from your doctor today.

Jolie - I'm glad you are feeling so good, that is awesome! I love when I have days like that. Doesn't seem to happen very often anymore, though. I can say I am pain free right now so that is good and I'll take it!

Belinda - Hope you are having fun with your son!!

Hope you all have a great day and workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.