Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2023

Hi all, I'm slowly getting better. I won't work out until I feel a bit better. Today my knee is hurting for some reason, not sure if I slept on it wrong or if I overdid it yesterday, although I didn't think that I did. Anyways, I just don't want to hurt myself by working out too early, it's not worth it to me. So there you have it, LOL!

Jolie - I have the M6 I think, my screen is digital but not interactive with workouts. I had a subscription to workouts but had to watch them on the app which was ok with me. There is no impact, but the motion of the knees moving up and down continually was still very painful for me when my meniscus was hurting. I can't wait to be able to use mine again, I need to get breathless and that thing will do it!!

Great workouts everyone! I am reading all your posts. Sorry for not posting much, I have been so busy at work I have no time to do anything. I'm on lunch right now and wanted to give an update.

Reactions: WD
I am right there with ya when it comes the knee pain. I had mine scoped for a torn lateral meniscus which was 75% removed back in November and I am still dealing with swelling and pain although today it's better. I am a runner so being sidelined from running hasn't been fun. I am registered to run the Marine Corps Half in May so I have plenty of miles to catch up to but it will get done. Hope your knee feels better soon.

Hi,

I walked outside today.

Diane - I hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday.

Debbie - glad you starting to feel better. Sorry your knee is hurting. Good idea to listen to your body. I will do the same. I wanted to workout this week, it dosen't look like it. Did you buy the new vegan bundle? I forgot to mention it yesterday.

Jolie - enjoy your new Bowflex machine. It would hurt my knees going up/down. I can't use the ones in the gym. They very cool.

Roselyn - great job on your epic endgame upper body.

Cam - great job on your walk yesterday.

Have a great day and workout.

Tonight I did Tracy Steen 50 min Lower Body by Muscle Group Strength and Cardio. My legs are a little fatigued. I've decided I am going to stay with medium weights for certain leg work to avoid knee and lower back pain. I still am getting a good workout. Now I am going to take my dog for a walk.

Jolie- How exciting! You will have to let us know how you like the machine and the programming!

It looks like I am behind. I have been preparing for hosting my ladies group in the morning, I have to get up early to finish up cooking. I did CDorner Step with weights today using 5# dumbbells. She used 5's and recommended light as you never put them down through the whole workout. This was 32 minutes, heart rate 119/143, 2,225 steps. I then did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Boogie I.T., 159 calories, 30 minutes, heart rate 129/151, 2,943 steps. I finished with CDorner Relaxing Flow Mobility with neck and upper back bonus, 28 minutes, 46 calories, heart rate 78/97, 31 steps. It was weird because last night and this morning my left calf hurt and felt tight. I never have experienced that. It feels good now so I guess I worked it out. Total time was 93 minutes, 354 calories, 5,199 steps.
I will have to post more tomorrow. The evening is getting away from me and I still have to clean the floors before bed. My internet went out for a while.

Jolie, I bet you will enjoy your new piece of fitness equipment. My husband got me the Tread Climber after I had the torn miniscus surgery.

I did a Upper body workout by a new trainer on Ifit today, Cass Oldham. Only with a little research I found out that she is actually a trainer for an app called Sweat which is also owned by Ifit. Anyway it was a good workout and good usage of time in the workout with some good volume and density for a 30 mintue workout. And for once the trainer didn't waste half the workout yakking about form - she just got started and got it going.

Today I walked uphill on the TM, 60 minutes, traveled 3.3 miles and burned 554 calories. I am going to have to bite the bullet and get a new fitness tracker, mine will not hold a charge for long and it is 6 years old. I think I will get the Garmin Debbie has; I just have to find a good deal. I found one on Amazon with a white band, white is my favorite color so I will probably get that one today.

Doreen, nice finding a new instructor that doesn't talk too much, that is why I cannot do Beach Body anymore, they never shut up!!! I cannot wait to get my Max Trainer, they are short workouts and i want to incorporate them in with my weight workouts. I will let you know how I like it when I get it, the reviews are great! I know Debbie likes her machine.

Diane Sue, busy day yesterday! Great job with the workouts. I took 10 Turmeric last night and my knee feels better today. My Chiro told me my Tibula and Fibula were out as well as my kneecap, no wonder it hurt and was achy. She also read my MRI results and said they really did not find anything except sever inflammation, but what is causing the inflammation? Does arthritis cause inflammation?

Roselyn, nice job on the trampoline workout.

Cam, good job on the workout and the walk! Walking makes me happy for whatever reason. If I am feeling down, I go for a walk and I come back with a smile on my face.

Debbie, I hope you knee is feeling great today!

Belinda, I hope you enjoyed your walk outside yesterday.

Make it a great day!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

Today I went for a nice, long walk outside. It was beautiful outside today. Perfect day for a walk/

Have a wonderful evening.

No workout today. I always seem to not relax the night before an event. I went to bed early enough but found myself clock watching and thinking about what I had to do when I got up. I did sleep a little but was wide awake before my alarm went off. I am going to be early tonight. We had a fun day today. Lots of chatter and laughing. I ate way too much candy. We had lots of goodie bags shared along with some fun items. The ladies liked their Valentine Bingo prizes. I will have to keep my diet strict the rest of the week as Sunday is family birthdays.

Debbie, I am glad that you are slowly improving. It does take some patience and time. It was a while before I was doing step again.

Belinda, nice work getting out for a walk today.

Doreen, great job with ifit Upper Body with Cass Oldham today.

Rosely, good job on the trampoline hiit workout. yesterday and Endgame today.

Jolie, when I got my Garmin, I got the one with a white band with rose gold bezel because I figured if I wanted another color, I could change the band and the white one was less costly than the others. I have only purchased a dressier metal band on the side, and it pinches my skin in the clasp, so I just stick with my white band. Yes, arthritis can cause inflammation. That is when it can be causing damage when it flares up. We know there are other things that can cause inflammation though. Trying to figure out what to do with our problem areas is difficult.
I really do not get the collar bone continuing to cause problems though when you go back to using it. I have taken extra tumeric before, but not that much at one time. I took an extra Ultra Cur Curcumin last night and today because my foot is hurting a lot for some reason. I am pretty sure it is the arthritis around my forefoot and toe though. The candy I ate today is probably not going to help either. Sugar is one culprit for most any inflammation.
I am looking forward to hearing how you like your Max Trainer. I have been looking at the spin bike and some other equipment Bowflex has with the interactive screen. If I remember right, you can also use internet on it?

Checking in with Penny 40 min Upper Body Strength No Repeat. I fogot about this one. I did this 2 yrs ago and its really good.

Belinda, it was nice here today too, until about 4. It turned rainy and cold. Snow storm coming on Thursday. Ugh. Glad you had a nice walk

Doreen, I found a similar program on my Samsung tv. I previewed a few workouts but I didn't really cars for ths instructors.

Jolie, I appreciate a good outdoor walk in the winter. It's easy to stay indoors, but I feel better getting fresh air.

Good workouts Ladies!

Snowy day here and schools are closed. I did a 30 minute bike ride and then shoveled and then took the dog around the block this morning. Its still snowing and they predict up to 6 inches. I'll probably try to leave early today to get home before dark and rush hour.

Today I am short on time, so I decided to do Arms and ABS. I might take a walk outside this afternoon, but I am not sure yet.

Traditional Bicep Curls-12's x 12, x 12, x 12
Hammer Curls- 12's x 12, x 12, x 12
W Curls- 10's x 12, x12, x 12
Hammer Curl with a Twist- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12

Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12, x 12, x 12
Lying Cross Body Ext.- 10# x 12, x 12, x 12
Kickbacks- 8's x 12, x 12, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12

ABS- 3 exercises to failure

Diane Sue, my collarbone was doing well till I picked up a weight. I can see the muscle in my neck that connects to the bone swell up immediately but with not much pain. Also, I see the Trap muscle agitated too. My husband and I now both think it is Myofascial problems and I may have to have that broken up. I wonder if Acupuncture would help. I hope you slept better last night, and I am so glad that you had funny at your lady's day. I got the confirmation that my Max Trainer will be delivered on Friday, my husband will put it together on Sunday. :)

Cam, great job with the workout yesterday.

Roselyn, way to go with the Caroline workout, those are tuff stuff.

Debbie, I hope your knee is doing good today.

Belinda, great job in getting a walk in yesterday and getting some fresh air.

Doreen, I hope you have a great workout today.

Make it a great Wednesday.

Hi all! Been doing ok but the incision on the inside of the knee isn't healing very well. Some of it is my fault because when I took the wrap and bandages off, I felt like I should keep it covered because it was still so raw. So I put bandaids on the incisions and used Triple Antibacterial cream on them. When I went to my follow-up the doctor told me I should not have done that because the cream keeps air from going in and hinders healing. Great. So ever since I have not put anything on it and the skin still looks really red although the incision itself is healing. I just hope it's ok, I can't figure out why it's so angry looking. I also smacked my knee on my stupid keyboard arm this morning. Damn did that hurt!! Brought tears to my eyes. Anyways, I am doing pretty good otherwise. Today is two weeks after the surgery.

Belean - Thanks for your comment, glad I am not alone. Yours sounds like it was worse than mine, I only had to have the meniscus "trimmed". However, they did clean out underneath my knee cap and I'm surprised that doesn't hurt. I hope you are able to run in your Marine Corps Half in May, come back and let me know if you were able to! Good luck!

Belinda - I did not and won't buy the new vegan bundle. I haven't downloaded all of the first ones I bought and haven't even looked at them yet. I shouldn't have done that, it's too overwhelming to have so many cookbooks to look through. Oh well.

Diane - I hope you and your ladies group had fun! My calf muscles are usually always tight and I do sometimes have pain when I workout. I try to stretch them a lot. Hope yours is doing ok. Have you ever tried a weighted blanket to sleep at night with? It might help you sleep better. Give it a try.

Jolie - You will love the Venu SQ. It is a great watch!! Have you gotten your MRI results yet? I sure hope you can see what is going on with that issue soon.

Gotta get back to work. Have a great day. Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!!

I was so tired that I slept 9 hrs and 23 minutes last night. I am still not feeling energetic, and my Garmin had me at 30 out of a 100-body battery. It shows lots of stress lines even when sleeping and I think I coughed and moved around a lot. This might seem weird when I mention it, but I have found that the state of the body battery really does go along with the way that I am feeling. Yesterday by evening it was down to 4. I have had it up in the 90's before and I felt great and energetic. I believe there is something to it, it always suggests when I click on it to try to get a nap or some rest through the day. Anyway, I did weights and a good stretch this morning as everything was achy. I am probably showing the effects of sugar overload. I did Ice Chiseled Upper Body, 49 minutes, 124 calories, heart rate 98/125. I then did CDorner Mobility with a chair all over body. This is her new one and I liked it. You do not really sit on the chair except the one leg sit and stand part. Otherwise, you use it for stretches and mobility moves. During the last part, which was a meditation relaxing thing, I used my foam roller on my upper back and trap area, vertically and horizontally. This was 30 minutes, 50 calories. Total time was 79 minutes, 174 calories, 1,122 steps.

Chiseled Upper Body
swinging military press 5# dbs 12 reps, 12 reps
triple dead row/triple upright row/shrug 12# dbs 12 reps each move alternating
windmills 5# dbs dropped to 3's on right shoulder 8 reps each side (I had a hard time holding the weight up with my right shoulder at that angle)
hammer curl/clutch curl 10# dbs 8 reps each side holding at the end
overhead press/overhead extension 8# dbs
forward tilt bent arm lateral raise 8# dbs 12 and 6 reps
rotatiional rows 12# dbs 16 and 16 reps
discus throw 5# dbs 12 reps each side
3 curls 1 press lean back seated 5# dbs
triceps push up with leg lift (managed to get through this :) )
rear delt raise with leg extension on mat 5# db 12 reps each side twice
chest fly with leg extension 10# dbs 16 and 12 reps
pullover extensions 5# dbs left and right 16 reps and both 8 reps
bear crawl plank walks Body weight ( I had to tap knee to floor to push off with my right side)
high plank descents Body weight ( I just did kneeling pushups)
High Plank descents wide arm (just push ups for me)
Knee push ups
stretch

Cam, nice work with Penny Upper Body no repeats.

Doreen, nice job with the bike ride and snow shoveling today. One of the ladies said we were supposed to have snow tomorrow, but I do not see it in the forecast. Just freezing temps. I am hoping for no snow.
Jolie, great job on the weights today. I was kind of short on time and had to pick out my workout this morning. I figured I really did not need the cardio as much as strength work. It really is amazing how many muscle groups we use just picking up a dumbbell. I had a surgeon point out to me if front of a mirror how things move when I lift my arms even without weights. Just picking them up for lower body work is felt in my shoulders. That is why I went to bands for a while for legs. My traps are a problem area for sure. That is what I use the foam roller for quite a lot. That and gettng in there with a ball. It is hard to know which tactic works best as I have read and had pt say strengthen the underlying muscles as the traps are taking over all of the work. I am constantly working on that. I have not done accupuncture, but had dry needling along the trap area at my old PT before. I did not notice a difference though. It was only done once and the PT that did it was never there again, so maybe more treatments would have helped.

Debbie, I have always used antibiotic ointment on incisions. My daughter that is a dermatologist has always said she has her patients, and my husband and I, keep the incisions slathered with the ointment. She says it keeps it moist and may slow healing but leaves much less of a scar. Some doctors are different, but she likes her patients to be happy with the look after healing, I am not your doctor though. We slathered my husbands wounds after a motorcycle accident with antibiotic. He healed amazingly well. Ouch!! on smacking your knee. Those mishaps do not help. I slipped on ice chasing my dog and landed on a brick patio when healing from my torn miniscus. I think that was probably one of the reason pain cropped back up. I also tripped chasing the dog in the house and forgot the second step up on our brick floor. I have been doing Chris' second stretch after step a lot because she works a lot on the ankles and calves and then hits the hip flexor and quad area. It helps. 2 weeks, means you are well on your way. Do you have to see the surgeon again?

Hi,

I had an appointment with the Orthopedic for my right knee today. They did another x-ray on my right knee, back and hip. He wants to make sure my knee isn't caused buy my back and hip he can't see on the xray. He wants me to get an MRI on my right knee, back and hip. In the meantime I am still hoppling around. The xray showed arthritis in my knee, back and hip.

I went for a nice walk today. It was in the 70's.

Debbie - I bought the 2022 bundle. I just started to download all the material plus listen to all the webinars. I had to contact quit a few people in the bundle to get the free video downloads. I have until March 5th. There was a lot of cooking classes that I wasn't aware. They been very nice and resent me all the videos/webimar's. Except one, I am still waiting for a response. I am overwhelmed with 2022. I bought the 2023 too , lol. Kiki had one of her ebooks in the bundle. There was a Prep course which if you get it on her website is $197. I already have one of her other course. I downloaded all the cookbooks and all the material. I will go through them once I have time, get rid of the once I don't care for. You should download them before they expire. Sorry about your knee. I hope it's serious. Today 2 weeks ago I had surgery. I am still bleeding. I have to call the surgeon and find out if that is normal. I swear, the older I get the slower I heal.

Cam - glad you got to walk outside yesterday. Yikes on the bad weather on Thursday.

Diane - glad you enjoyed the ladies V-day. DH and I kept stayed home. Not much I can do with my nose still bleeding.

Great job on your workouts, everyone.

Last edited:
I did a lower body metcon this morning by Cass Oldham on Ifit's new series. Again, very time efficient though I wish the workout was longer. Its cold and snowed most of the day yesterday. But it is supposed to warm up by the weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.