Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2023

Good morning,

STS W1 Bic and Back is done.

Diane - the webinar is very interesting how food triggers diseases like inflammation. It's free. You can buy it and then listen to it on your own time. I should have jumped on it when the price was very low. Great job on your workout yesterday.

Roselyn - great job this morning.

BBL

Reactions: WD
Today is a rest day for me. I am going to get my hair highlighted, I have not been to see my stylist since early November, and I look scary! We are supposed to have a gigantic storm but thus far is has not happened, thank goodness. However, it is supposed to rain for the next 24 hours. Los Angeles got snow yesterday! It was a high of 49 degrees here yesterday, burr, but nothing compared to where you all live.

Belinda, nice job on the STS workout today.

Diane Sue, wow on the impressive weights you are lifting lately!!!!!!! Seriously, I am just envious of you being able to do that, maybe someday I will be back there too!

Roselyn, nice job on the trampoline and Caroline workout.

Debbie, I hope you have a good workout today.

Make it a great Friday. I pick my new puppy up next weekend :) Boy, is that going to be a lot of work.

Jolie- Good luck with the new puppy! They are so fun but so much work.

This morning I did a GHUTV - Supersets 1. Good, slow controlled movements.

Cam - my husband is from the Cheesehead state too! We got more snow last night and took the dog for a walk and my husband shovel the path around the park - I have no idea why - the city has a truck that runs a blade around the loop. Anyway, its also supposed to be 50 here by tomorrow and will melt everything and be a muddy mess!

I did Box Sit again this morning. I love that workout, it's pretty fun and gets my HR up.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 288 calories, did 2186 steps and HR was143/186.

Good workouts everyone! I am getting the last ready for Solo & Ensemble tomorrow. I'll hopefully have time for personals on Monday! Have a great weekend!

Good Evening,

I am finishing LiiFT 4 WK3 today was shoulders and LiiFT intervals. we are having freezing rain right now.

I did Michelle Briehler 40 min Low Impact Cardio Yoga Flow. This a fave of mine. Fun choreography and it moves quick. I worked up quite a sweat.

Roxie, we had freezing rain the other day. No fun.

Have a good weekend!

Today I did CDorner Fast Basic Step from 2 days ago, 34 minutes, heart rate 134/157, 184 calories, 3,077 steps. I then did Cathe LITE Body Weight and bands skipping some moves and only doing the seated band pulls, finishing by adding 3 sets of 10 reps 10# dbs triceps kickbacks, 34 minutes, heart rate 106/137, 125 calories, 1,107 steps. I felt like I pretty much worked the same muscles that I did for the Pull Day yesterday. I finished off with the Extended Stretch #2 adding some upper body stretches, 18 minutes, 27 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, 336 calories, 4,184 steps. I may try to get in legs tomorrow.

Roselyn, nice work with the trampoline workout.

Cam, it has been a while since I have done a Michelle Briehler yoga. If I remember, my shoulder was still not ready for some of it.

Belinda, nice work with SS Biceps and Back. Nutrition does affect inflammation a lot. Nice that you can take your time on listening to it.

Jolie, I hope that you had a good rest day. I am sure getting your hair color done will feel nice. I bet you are anxious to get the new puppy. Will you take both dogs out for walks with you?

Doreen, nice work with GHUTV supersets 1.

Debbie, you got a good calorie burn with Box Sit. Great job.

Roxie great job finishing Lift.

I did a 9 mile ride today on a map workout I programed on my bike. I mapped out sections of the Colorado trail. I would love to do parts of that some day. Probably not an entire trip through the entire 500 miles but some sections.

Today I had a killer workout!!! It is pouring rain and since there is not much to do, I decided to get in a really great workout and be tired for the rest of the day:) First, I started with a 40-minute uphill walk on the TM while I watched a tennis match on TV, traveled 2.1 miles and burned 325 calories. Next, I got on the Max T and did a 5-minute Interval program and worked as hard as I could, without taking any rests and did much better this time with it. I burned 60 calories in 5 minutes, not bad. Then, I did Shoulders, and added the Max T in between each set for 1 minute on the manual mode, resistance level 6 and went for 18 minutes total. Total workout time for walk, weights and cardio was 1 hour 24 minutes and I burned 763 calories! I will be dead later LOL!

Seated BB Front Press- 30# x 12, x 12, x 12 (with Max Trainer in between each set of all exercises)
Seated Overhead Press DB's- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12
Standing 1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 12, x 12, x 12
Rear Flys Standing- 5's x 12, x 12, x 12
Alternating Front Raise- 10# x 12, x 12, x 12
I skipped upright rows this time because those tend to bother the collarbone. So far it is doing good because I have it taped and that helps support it while I add some muscle around it to help hold it in place.

I pick up the new puppy tomorrow! I cannot wait to get him, and yes it will be a lot of work but whatever. I bought a puppy play pen to put it in while I workout and am in the shower and so forth. I am hoping to get him potty trained asap since I have my other dog to show him the ropes.

Nice job on the workouts yesterday to everyone!!! We had snow here in the So Cal yesterday and that is just crazy! The mountains behind me are getting dumped on right now and so is the high desert. Stay warm everyone and stay safe because they say on the Weather Channel that it is coming your way after it leaves here tomorrow.

Today I did Perfect Pump Lower Body, 35 minutes, 123 calories, heart rate 107/137. I then did a workout I saw on Youtube called Improved Health Fun with the classics no talking 70's music. 20 minutes, heart rate 143/181?? (this has to be wrong as it is just moving around manly in one spot like marching a few kicks and arm movements) 121 calories. Total time was 55 minutes, 244 calories, 2,430 steps. I also did CDorner Stretch on the Beach and some other stretches and foam rolling. I did not turn my watch on for this.
Perfect Pump Lower Body
warm up 12's and 15's
deadlifts, squats, pulse lunges
Squat 20's 12 reps
static lunges 20's 12 reps
deadlifts 20's 12 reps
pick up squats 25# db 12 reps
elevated lunge right superset 15# dbs 12 reps with elevated explosive lunge no weight
elevated lunge left superset 15# dbs 12 reps with elevated explosive lunge no weight
deadlifts with toes elevated
20# dbs
Heels elevated front squat 15# dbs 12 reps
Step Ups 15# db 12 reps right and 12 reps left
Single leg deadlift 25# db 10 reps left 10 reps right
Front Lunge 15# db 10 reps right and 10 reps left
Close Grip Squat 25# db 12 reps
squat crossover lunges 15# db 12 reps right and 12 reps left
Forward Leaning Glute lunges
15# 12 reps left 10 reps right
Cossack Squat 12# db 12 reps
Calf raise 15# dbs #1 25 reps, #2 20 reps, #3 15 reps

Doreen, it sounds like you had a nice fun ride. 500 miles would be a lot.

Jolie, great workout. It sounds exhausting :) and also sounds like you are getting conditioned for the Max Trainer. Have fun getting the new puppy tomorrow. It just takes consistency and being the alpha dog in the pups life. My dog was stubborn, and after a couple of months we were able to get settled in a pattern that worked well for both of us. Usually when you get them from a breeder they are someone house broke before taking them home. My dog was found on the street wandering around and you would have thought she had never had access to water. I had to finally not leave her access to a full bowl of water at one time. She drank it all and it was a large bowl and it made housebreaking hard. That and there was snow and ice all over so trips out were not fun. I love my dog.

Evening,

I ended up taking a rest day today. I been cooking/prepping food. I am tired.

Diane - unless I pay for the seminar, I have to watch it each day. I am still debating if I want to pay for it? It's very interesting and eye opener. Nice job on PP LB.

Good job everyone. Good night.

I did 2, 30 min workouts this morning. Penny Killer Giant Sets Total Body. Each set had 4 exercises, 30 sec, no rest until after the the set. Each set was repeated 2x, with an ab exercise between each set. Then I did Michelle 30 min. No Repeat Standing Strength. This one was more metabolic. I cut out about 10 min as there was a lot of shoulder work. They were both fun sweaty workouts.

I saw that Cathe is selling STS2.0 individually. I ordered Total Body Trisets, Giant Sets & Supersets. I almost ordered the mobility dvd, but I may later on. I thought she would do this later, so I was excited to be able to order now. Hopefully we will get these before summer.

Jolie, good workout. Have fun with your puppy!

Doreen, Diane and Roselyn, good today!

Belinda I also just took a 2 mile walk. It's a beautiful day today. 45, calm and sunny. I got very warm on my walk. It felt good. I love that the days are getting longer. Tomorrow its supposed to change to windy and rainy, with downpours. Jeez, we have had weird weather this month.

Checking in this morning with a 30 minute bike ride. I think I broke my bike - it went to incline 20 and stuck. I unpluged and had to leave so I'm hoping restarting it resets the motor!

Hi,

I did STS D16 CST.

Cam - great job on your walk. It's raining today. No walk for me today. I am working on my basement.

Great job everyone.

No time for a huge post, I did another of DC Fitt's seated workouts. It was called Seated Total Body Strength and Cardio Sweat. This was a floor one which I have a hard time sitting on the floor, my back just doesn't like it, but I did it anyways. The first superset I did on my high step bench but the rest had to be done on the floor. So it was a good workout and I burned 316 calories. I actually like her and will be doing more of her other workouts when I can. She has a heavy bag workout that I want to try, it looks fun.

I have meetings all day so I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.