Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2023

Today I did CDorner no jumping cardio workout sweat fest Low Impact which is another favorite with some fun music,204 calories, 42 minutes, heart rate 125/149, 3,787 steps. I then did Kelly's new short strength workout Total Body with Sammy, 20 minutes (actual is 17), 80 calories, heart rate 109/134, 159 steps. I finished off with CDorner morning stretch at the beach, 11 minutes, 26 calories. Total workout time was 73 minutes, 310 calories, 3,946 steps. I am making my husband stew today before he leaves for work so got done a bit earlier so I could get it started since it takes a while. I had groceries delivered as well. I am only missing the extra virgin olive oil, but they are shipping it to me. I only buy the California one that is from California, not the global one. I guess they had the global one in stock.

Coffey FIt Raw Total Body With Sammy
17 minutes, 8 reps each move slow, 1 set of dumbbells, they used 12# dbs
all moves done 2 times
brief warm up
biceps curls 12# dbs 8 reps
squat 12# dbs 8 reps
squat/curls 12# ds 8 reps
overhead press alternating 10# dbs first time through then I used 8's(no way could I do 12#)
reverse lunge alternating 8 reps each leg 12# dbs
reverse lunge alternating with overhead press 10# dbs (dropped to 8's 2nd time)
scap squeeze 12# dbs 8 reps
plie squat 12# dbs 8 reps
plie squat/scap squeeze 12# dbs 8 reps
Dumbbell press out 1 12# db 8 reps
side lunge 8 reps each side 12#db
dumbbell press out/side lunge alternating sides for 8 reps each side 12# db
repeat all moves
brief stretch

Jolie, I am glad the chiro was helpful somewhat and has a recommendation for you to get the PRP done. We had snow last night and today the sun is out. So it is just wet. Freezing yesterday and 51 today. I do a lot of those moves that you pull back to help strengthen the posture muscles. I did some door frame stretches after I finished my workout today.

Last edited:
Hi,

No walk today, it's so windy outside.

Diane - great job on cleaning your house and kB workout. Have you tried Humira for your RA? It was so windy outside, I couldn't go for a walk. I am hoping to get a nice walk in tomorrow. I hope Tuesday will be a nice day for your ladies. I see my Rheum tomorrow.

Good night.

Reactions: WD
I did a 20 minute core workout this morning and then a 15 minute rowing workout. I wish I had time for more but that probably won't come for several more years... maybe when I retire!

Tonight I did Michelle 35 min Full Body Strength and Cardio. 2 Rounds of 8 circuits. The cardio has fun low impact segments.

Well, I had my follow up appointment today and all looks good. However, he said I can't workout for a month!!! WTH?? How am I not going to workout for a month???!!! That really bummed me out, I figured I'd be able to start doing light workouts in about a week. I guess they ended up cleaning the underside of my kneecap as well, so I had double the things done on my knee and didn't even know it. Still no pain, just swelling when I stand for long periods of time (cooking, cleaning kitchen).

So I guess I'll just relax for a month if I can. I might walk on my treadmill very slowly in a week or two just to get some movement in. I can't stand all this resting.

It was very windy last night here, but it was almost 70 degrees yesterday. The winds brought cold weather again so we're back to the upper 30's. It was nice to have some spring weather yesterday, though. I miss it.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Debbie, you can do upper body, especially if you sit on a bench or chair. I have had some tough surgeries in the past and I am working out 2 days later. Just do not move that leg and you should be fine.

Today is my 2nd rest day of the week. I plan on working out both days over the weekend, I love when I do not have to rush. When the Super Bowl is on, I may just jump on my TM and walk while I watch.

Great job on the workouts today everyone. Saying goodbye to our awesome weather, it is going to be cold again tomorrow. :(

Today I did Cathe Rock out Knockout. I tried doing the timesaver that skipped the most impact and did the gloved portion first and then the kickboxing. Heart rate was not getting up much, so I went back and did the cardio portion, so I ended up doing all of it. I did modify the jacks and jumps though, but it got the heart rate up. I also wasted a little time switching from my combat gloves to my hand wrap gloves. Total time was 60 minutes, 226 calories, heart rate 111/157, 4,257 steps. I then did Cathe Perfect Flow timesaver Mobility Basics stretch, 20 minutes, 37 calories, heart rate 81/9`, 40 steps. Total time was 80 minutes. 263 calories, 4,297 steps.

Debbie, I would not push putting a lot of pressure on the knee for a little while. Do upper body work. I am sure the doctor is probably wanting to make sure it heals right. My doctor was an avid runner and understood fitness. That is why he just handed me a prescription for pt but said I could probably take care of it myself. I think the swelling would have stayed down for me if I had not pushed to get started. I would do a bit too much and then find myself icing it. I am glad it is not hurting you.

Belinda, sorry you did not get in a walk yesterday. No, I have not taken Humira. My daughter keeps suggesting I check it out as she has heard nothing but good and it has been used for quite a few years and not a new drug. Every drug has some sort of problem, and it seems most arthritis drugs cannot be used while on antibiotics. Even supplements that boost the immune system should not be used as they conflict with the meds that try to suppress the immune system. So, until I feel that is going to have to be my next option, I will check it out. My doctor pretty much told me what I am doing and taking now will not stop it.

Doreen, nice work today on the core workout and rowing.

Cam, good job on Michelle Full Body Strength and cardio.

Jolie, enjoy your rest day. The sun has come out here, but it is windy and cold.

Hi,

I had an appointment with my Rheum. My left ear is flaring. I have inflammation in my inner/outer ear, nose and tracheal. I am on prednisone taper. I had to stop the Humira for 2 weeks since I was on high doses of antibiotics.

After my doc appointment I went for a short walk. It was so cold outside. I probably should have stayed home, it was too cold for my nose.

Diane - you should check out Humira.I used it for RP. Humira isn't approved for RP. There isn't any specific drugs for RP, we take what ever sticks. Yes, arthritis drugs can not be used while taking antibiotics. Same with supplements that boost the immune system. I always have to run all my supplements with my Rheum for that reason. I can't use collagen in any form, my body goes in overdrive with RP. You should check it out if your arthritis gets worth.

Debbie - my DH had knee surgery, he couldn't workout for a month. Maybe just do UB in a chair, to take the pressure off your knee. I know it's frustrating not to get your workouts in. They will be there after your recovery. Glad you doing well. I hope I can get a workout in soon.

Good night.

I did a Heather Robertson Full Body Met Con this morning. That was a doozy! Really good workout. My body is liking these types of workouts better than rounds of heavy lifting. I am less achey and I seem to be a little more lean. They are so much more fun too and the time flies.

Doreen, I may check that one out. Her voice is a little annoying but she delivers.

Debbie just a reminder DC Fitt has good workouts after knee surgery. She sits on a chair. They're upper body focus and does just a little leg mobility.

Today I did CDorner to the beat /all standing fat burning cardio, 42 minutes, 224 calories, heart rate 132/168, 4,570 steps. I then did Raw Glute Finisher with the fabric band, 24 minutes, 65 calories, heart rate 95/122, 990 steps. I finished with Raw stretch finisher and part of raw Athletic Stretch #2(should have just did all of stretch 2) 24 minutes, 36 calories, heart rate 76/94. Total time was 90 minutes, 325 calories, 5,560 steps.

Belinda, I will check on the Humira if it keeps getting worse. I have read up on it. I am sorry your ear is flaring again, and you are on prednisone because of needing the antibiotic and stopping the medication. That is tough. Interesting about the collagen and immune system. I have been using it for years. How often do you have to get the Humira injection?

Doreen, that looks like a good workout. Nice work today.

Cam, great job on the Heather Robertson full body metcom workout today.

Hi,

Walk outside today. It wasn't too bad.

Diane - I can't take collagen with RP. There are case studies what show people with RP whose disease was activated by taking collagen supplements. Think about this way, our bodies (when you have RP) fight against our own collagen, it would be the same with foreign collagen. It's like "feeding the beast" that was my experience. After stopping collagen powder my flair ended. Collagen will not do anything to your autoimmune disease RA, it only effects it having Relapsing Polychondritis (RP). I inject Humira once a week. Usually you would take it bi-weekly for RA. I take it to control RP. Nice mix of workouts yesterday. Good job!

Good night.

Last edited:
Belinda, I am glad that you got a walk outside today. Thanks for the information. It makes since. I discovered collagen helped my arthritis years ago when I purchased some glucosamine that had UCII collagen in it. I started purchasing it all of the time.

I forgot to check in yesterday. I did an uphill walk on my TM, 1 hour, traveled 3.25 miles and burned 411 calories. Today I went outside for a walk even though it was cold but it was sunny so why not. Walk was 91 minutes, traveled 4.6 miles and burned 788 calories. Tomorrow, I have a Chiro appointment with my usual doctor, my low back is sore, so I am going in to get a maintenance adjustment. I find that if I go to her once a month, I no longer have back issues Thank You Lord Jesus!!!

I got my MRI results back and I can barely understand what it says. I cannot believe that not one doctor called me to discuss the findings, I swear they are so in competent. I sent the findings to my PT girl and I am sure she will discuss them with me. What I can tell, no problems except inflammation in the joint and possible Arthritis, which would not surprise me at this point.

Great job on the workouts this weekend everyone!

Belinda, I am glad that you got a walk outside today. Thanks for the information. It makes since. I discovered collagen helped my arthritis years ago when I purchased some glucosamine that had UCII collagen in it. I started purchasing it all of the time.
You are welcome! I am glad collagen help with your arthritis. You really have to be carful when buying supplements. I also can't use bone broth for the same reason or anything with collagen. I stay away from anything that has collagen.

Today is a rest day for me.

Belinda, have they ever suggested a special diet or certain supplements to keep your nutrition well rounded? I guess they monitor your blood and markers though so they should no want your needs are. It seems I remember you having to take vitamin D.

Jolie, nice work on the treadmill walk uphill today. It was supposed to be in the 60's here today, but the winds sure did not make it feel all that warm outside. I took the opportunity to clean up the patio and wipe down the black granite around the grill and the furniture. I am getting tired of looking outside at all the dirt on everything. Don't they send the information to your doctor to explain the results to you? I do remember having to pick up my mri films from my mri to take to the surgeon to go over with me when I had the torn meniscus. Otherwise, my arthritis doctor called and they put the info on the website. The surgeon gave me the best info though. Reading what was on website sort of lost me every time with lots of things about sero negative, gout, and some other words, then ending with evidence of rhuematoid arthritis and osteo arthritis. Why someone did not at least contact you is beyond me. Most Lab techs do not give the results though the doctor does.

A 2.5 mile walk today. 50 and sunny. I had a lot to do today, so I chose to forego my indoor workout for a walk. A day of cleaning, baking, cooking and wash. Now enjoying a beer while I watch the Super Bowl.

Diane - RP is a rare, no cure autoimmune disease. That being said, there isn't a special diet for RP. I get all my supplements like Vit D from my doctors. Yes, I get blood test regular, I am on too many injections which can cause other problems. My doctors are all monitoring my blood tests, so is UPenn. I went back on a plant based diet to make sure I get all my nutrition.

Today is a rest day, I am going to the Chiro for my monthly adjustment.

Last night my husband bought me the new Bowflex Max Trainer M9 machine, and I am so excited to try it out. This has an interactive screen, it has on demand workouts, live workouts and workouts that you get to run through destinations, a lot like what Doreen does on her bike. You can also stream Netflix and a whole bunch of other channels so if you want to watch a show while working out you can. I was going to buy a used machine, but people wanted so much for their broken-down old machines, a new on with 20% off was a better deal. It says it is zero impact so that will be good for me going forward. I really need to work on my legs and every time I do squats or legs with DB's it hurts my back. I cannot wait to get it!

I hope you all have good workouts today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.