Getting Our Licks In!

Ok! Checking in! I did about 15 minutes on the elliptical, I wanted to do Cardio Coach but didn't have enough time before my class, Total Tone, where I did an all Lower Body workout. One of the ladies got light headed and had to stop.:(:eek: She is new to my classes and they are a little bit harder than she is ready for, but I tell her to take her time, to go slower, drop reps and join in when she can. I worry about her though....

My day started off badly. I turned on my computer to do some things on line and when it booted up it just showed a file in the middle of the screen with a big ? in the middle of the file. Right than a girl friend called and I told her about that and she said that was exactly what happened to her old computer when it crashed!!OH_Oh! Off I dash to Boulder to the Apple Store where I spend the better half of the day...but they did fix it! THANK GOODNESS!~ But it wasn't at all how I had planned to spend the day! I had lots of things I was going to do around the house...who knows when I will get another uninterrupted day at home, but what else could I do?? So a reminder to everyone to make sure they back up their computers regularly!!;)

Was going to learn how to use the computer/monitor for a night to see about Sleep Apnea, but during the night I hack because of my cold. Had to reschedule for another day. Because of the wet weather and me in it yesterday, I became sick today (but not too bad). I knew I would, but had to get that stuff out in the beds done. Something I had to do. NO exercises today. I did manage to make a new bracelet for my site though. And I'm almost done with the commissioned Kindergarten Necklace. Should be done tomorrow for sure and will take pictures of it for the gallery. It's pretty cool.

Michelle, Love taking breaks with you! Great job on STS TB yesterday and today's Step Blast. Please do send us warmer weather.:)

Laura
, Great job on the elliptical, Total Tone class. Wow, hope the newbie takes it easier next time. Thanks for the reminder of backing up our computer stuff. Sorry you had a free day that was unexpected work other than what you wanted to do. Sucks for sure.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Did plant more today, got caught in the rain again, but it was kinda brief. Went in and dried off. Should be OK this time.

My daughter in law commissioned me to make a bracelet out of her son's chromatography images. Her son (my grandson) has Down Syndrome. She says she will wear the bracelet forever to remind her of her son's condition. What a touching story.

Have a great day everyone,

Janie

Hello Cathletes!
Today I dusted off Jari Love: Ripped to The Core. I haven't done this one in ages and I was happy to see that it was a lot easier than the last time I did it!:) Must be all those Chaturanga's I have been doing in yoga!

Later on I did Shiva Rea's Daily energy: Solar Meditation, Core, Shanti, and Forward Bends which clocked in at 37 minutes.

Laura: I'm glad you managed to save your computer from crashing even though it messed up your day.

Janie: I tried to check out your website but I guess it's not up yet. Let me know when it's working. The bracelet you are making your daughter sounds very special.

Hello Michelle, MicheleZ, Renee, Shadowpup, and Shoegal!
Have a good one!

Elle, Great job on Jari's workout and Shiva's yoga. I updated my site and have a new address: Here it is: janespaperbeadjewelry.com

In the "Members Area", where it says "Register", go ahead and click on that. You should be on your way from there. If not let me know.

Hope to see you there. I've never done this before, but I'm having a blast.

Janie

Last edited:
Rolly and I walked for 30 min. Haven't seen any dogs lately. Hmmmmm.

Thanks Elle, that was really nice of you to sign up as a member. Thank you so much. I hope it works out too.

Janie

Our son is visiting with us this weekend. David, Rolly and I went for a 45 min. walk in the wood. He will be going home tomorrow. He is such a cool guy, kind, gentle, beautiful wife and a wonderful father. Very proud of him. No neighbor dogs today either.:(

Take care everyone, I know you must be very busy.

Janie

Wow--I sure have been bad about checking in. Last week was a pretty crazy week at work. Had to get up early on Friday for a meeting up on the Hill and by the time I got home, packed up, and we drove over to the boat, I was super tired. I didn't get to exercise on Friday and took another break on Saturday, but did spend time outside cleaning the boat and doing some little jobs that needed done. Then DH and I headed to the pool for a nice relaxing afternoon.

Today has been quiet at the marina. Ripken and I got rained on first thing this morning during our first walkabout. Not too bad, because we were able to duck under the porch cover by the marina store. It only rained for about 5 minutes and then we continued our walk. The second walk was much nicer--no rain and a nice breeze had kicked up. Tidied up the boat and did Butts and Guts, premix floorwork and abs. Tomorrow back to finishing up the last week of Cathe's May rotation. Seems like it is taking me forever. Then I might pick up with Cathe's June rotation. We'll see.

DH wants to pull stuff together to get ready to head home. I'll try to pop back in later this afternoon or evening.

~michelle

Hi all,

It's beyond hectic here - I'm definitely moving East! Getting transitioned is taking all of my time. I've spent ten days on travel, then five days on my soon-to-be former job site, and three days home (off again in half an hour). Workouts are *really* suffering ... but then, I'm investing every extra minute with colleagues I may not see again, or with my four legged family (who will be remaining in Idaho), so it seems like a reasonable tradeoff for a little while. All three horses and the dogs lovede the extra attention these past few days, though I suspect the cat who owns me knows that something is up. She's beside herself.

I'll be back next week, about Friday. Clara is graduating!

Janie, sounds like you started up a site somewhere. Will have to check it out.

Oops, got to go - big HELLO to everyone, and lots of hugs to Renee, who I hope is recovering well.

:eek:

We are having one more nice weather day here and then it is supposed to get hot and humid again. Ripken and I enjoyed a nice long walkabout this morning--got to get those long walks in when we can these days. Then I did IMAX2--I was doing my darth vader breathing 3 times during the workout which means I have hit my anaerobic peak--good stuff. I'm feeling like my cardio endurance is definitely improved these past couple of months--thanks to Cathe's more intense cardio workouts.

Shadowpup: you sound excited about your transition to your new position here on the east coast. I'm pretty sure I have a good idea where you are headed and they sure do need good, smart people helping them out. They will be lucky to have you on site. I'm not sure how you are going to juggle the east to west coast commute and I have to admit I'm worried about the animals and how they are going to take this. Will you be traveling less once you get here? Congratulations to Clara--where is she headed for college?

Ripken went to the vet this morning for his yearly checkup. First, the good news: he weight 94.7 pounds which is an excellent weight for him. He apparently has some tick-borne disease which my DH says he has stuff for me to read. The doctor says Ripken is showing no observable signs of the disease but they do see it in his bloodwork. So, something to learn about and keep an eye on. Speaking of eyes, Rip has a growth on each eyelid which are okay but if they get any bigger, the vet says they have to be removed. So, another thing to watch. For a 10 and a half year old golden retriever, Ripken is doing pretty good though. I know as he gets older, things are going to crop up, but he is in good shape and I know the best thing that I actually can control is his weight and we are good in that regard.;)

Sister has 3 half days of school this week, a couple of teacher work days and she is done. She is starting to get back into the swing of things: driving, walking, upper body exercise to complement her PT that she goes to 3 days a week. Hopefully, she will start checking in again soon.

Hope everyone enjoys their week. Stay hydrated!
Michelle

Back in the swing of things. Joey and I did TBS, abs and stretching. Later I plan on walking an hour and also after that will do a cardio inside the house. I will update as I go.
Update: Walked 50 min. and when Rolly and I got back home the neighbor dogs greeted us. Now that I know their names, it was fun to see them. Even the big male Russel, was a tad bit calmer, I think because I called him by name.
Update: Rolly and I went for another walk for 25 min. Feeling a little energetic tonight.

Michelle, Your weekend sounds so lovely and the relaxing in the pool must have topped it off. Great job on your walks and Butts & Guts pre floor work..

Deborah, It all sounds so confusing. Idaho and the East are so far apart. Who will take care of your precious animals, your honey? Awe, Clare is graduating. What college did she choose? Bless her heart. Here is my site: janespaperbeadjewelry.com Stop by and register, would love to here from you. Maybe you can give me some pointers.

Michelle, Great job on the walkabout with Ripken and Imax 2. It's been two weeks (seems so much longer) doing weight training and aerobics. At least hard enough to produce a sweat. I missed it, and boy, do I need it. Looking forward in catching up. I'm so glad Ripken has you for his mommy. You are so aware and attentive to him. Please give him a hug for me.:) I've gotten to know him through all your stories. It's good news about Renee. I can't wait for her to get back here!

Michelez, Where are you? I hope we didn't lose you, it would be such a loss if we did. Come Back!

Elle, Were you able to get another job?

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Well, it is heating up here in the mid-Atlantic. Shadowpup might not like our summer weather too much. I am sure it is much different in Idaho in the summer than it is here. The humidity is working its way back into the atmosphere and Ripken opted for a shorter walk this morning. I think he still might be a little tired from his trip to the vet yesterday. After our walkabout, I did High Reps this morning. By the time I get to the end of the tricep section, my arms are screaming. Thought I was done too--but nooooo--forgot all about the chest work. Ugh. At least during the ab work, you kind of get to "lay" on the floor. HA!

So, Ripken has a very mild bout of a tick borne virus called ehrlichiosis. His vet said it is so mild that it doesn't require medicine, but gave Joe a one-pager with information on what to watch for, just in case. Rippy also got his rabies vaccination. He goes to the groomer tomorrow. Another day of interrupted naptime. Pup is going to be worn out by the end of the week.

Janie: I'm glad you are getting back to your normal exercise routine. Sounds like you are over your cold. I still marvel at the road you have travelled with your neighbor dogs. They were just lonely pups and now they have a wonderful friend. I can't remember if you indicated whether or not you did the pre-sale order for Cathe's new dvds. Getting to be that time of year when my thoughts turn to counting down for the roadtrip. Sure am going to miss sister on the trip--but right now my plan is to press on and go.

A big shout out to all of our crew: Shadowpup, Laura, Shoegal, Elle, Sister, and MicheleZ. Hope you are getting your licks in today!
~michelle

Well, we are back in the soup--very humid. Ripken is not grooving on the humidity and the heat, so we are keeping our walks shorter than normal. This is only supposed to last a few days and then we get back to longer walkabouts. Woke up this morning and my body was screaming for a good stretch--so I did all of Stretch Max and will push Intensity to tomorrow.

My little buddy is at the groomer today and his experience today should be better than the one 3 months ago. I've been keeping him combed out--no mats. He will be in major show-off mode tonight when I get home because he will know that he looks extra good.

Today is sister's last day of school with the kids and then 2 teacher work days. She's been going to PT on MWF, and she is getting better each week. Hopefully, we will see her dropping in more frequently as her mobility and, dare I say her frame of mind, improves.

Feeling like a party of one--hope to see someone else pop in today. Hugs to everyone.
~michelle

About ready to finish up on this mornings exercise. Just wanted to post since I missed yesterdays. It was walking with Rolly for an hour.

Michelle, Must be really humid if Ripken opted for a shorter walk. Great job on HR this morning. Is what Ripken has caused by ticks? They are such nasty things! Yep, I do care about the neighbors dogs. It was a long process. And the large Russle dog came to me and smelled me. That one only once before, so it's an improvement. i did do the presale. Can't wait to get them in my hot little hands. Will have to do them on my own I'm afraid, becsuse my dear Joey only like on workout. I'll find the time, I hope. I love to hear about the road trip. Can't wait either.

Michelle
, I know how it feels to be one person. Sorry about not posting yesterday. My excuse was the web page. Still fine tuning it and lost track of time, as usual. Great job on Stretch Max. Hope the humid weather breaks soon for you. Grooming reminds me I've got to get my cat in and Rolly's nails clipped. Thank you for the reminder. I bet your guy looks great after his grooming. Tell Renee hi for me and I'm glad to see she is healing just fine.

Take care everyone,

Janie

:eek::(:rolleyes:How do the days slip by!!:eek::(:rolleyes:

Spring/Early Summer seems busier to me than the holidays sometimes! The girls are in their last week of school and it seems to be one thing after another. Tomorrow I have 3 different 'events' I have to attend in addition to my normal schedule! So I apologize for not checking in!

I have gotten some workouts in although they are have been a little more dispersed than normal and I swear I wouldn't workout nearly as much if it wasn't for my classes!

I am waiting to teach my total tone class and I can't recall when I did check in last...

I am trying to get a little cardio in every day, which isn't always working out, but I did do the Step only portion of "Step, Jump & Pump" this morning before dashing to Boulder for clients & school meetings. It is only 26 minutes long but is sure is a good 26 minutes!:eek: It ends a little abruptly but that's ok..

Yesterday I taught my Beginner Pilates, more teaching than actual doing, as I need to watch the 'newbies'. I had a woman approach me very enthusiastically after class to tell me my class was wonderful and she wants to do privates with me. It turns out she has been working with one of my old mentor teachers who had recommended me but she 'wanted to try me out first' to see if she liked me! So looks like I have a new private client!
I also did STS Meso Cycle 3 Squat Rack week 3.

If it seems like it is taking me a long time to get through this STS series it is!! I can't always fit all the workouts in and my vacation/illness put me back at least 3 weeks

Monday I taught Pilates and Boot Camp.

Sunday I did Step Blast, which nearly killed me!

Saturday I had my PCA gathering all day.

Friday I did STS Shoulder's, Biceps & Triceps but didn't get the last grouping of exercise in before I ran out of time.

I think that catches me up on my exercises

I will check back after class to see who's been around and what they have been up to!

Awe, some time to myself. I wanted to mention that before Rolly and I went for our hour walk, I talked with the neighbor (Bob & Allice). He (Bob) has one big dog and Rolly and him play beautifully. While we were talking Russel, Rosie and Boo came visiting and wanted to play too. Russel, well he acts the same way to Bob (who Russel knows) as he does to me. A very shy dog.
Anyhoo, Rolly and I needed to get along with our walk so I excused myself and left. Before you knew it, Here comes Rosie and Boo bouncing along after us and joined in. I felt sorry for Rosie, she panted so heavily, but she got through it. We all did. While we were walking, there was a truck that came by (this never happened before) and for the first time I felt so very safe with these large dogs on my side. Whew! The driver stopped so he wouldn't run over the dogs, said something I couldn't hear and off he left. The dogs were on guard all the way. I love them!:eek:

Laura, I know, time just fly's by so quickly. Don't worry about not posting the next couple of days or so. Life can be that way sometimes. We all do it. Great job on your newbies pilates class. Yea, you have a private client. Congratulations, that must make you feel soooooo good. Also great job on the step only of SJ&P, the squat rack (I love the squat rack). Don't worry about taking a longer time to finish the STS Series. Life sometimes does that to ya. Fantastic job on the week of exercises. Really, especially for being so darn busy.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Hello Cathletes!
Today I dusted off Jari Love: Ripped to The Core. I haven't done this one in ages and I was happy to see that it was a lot easier than the last time I did it!:) Must be all those Chaturanga's I have been doing in yoga!

Ellep what do you think of Jari Love? I don't have any of her workouts but I follow her on FB and have been thinking of buying of of her's to mix up with Cathe? Glad you are getting stronger! Any news on the job front?

Hi all,

It's beyond hectic here - I'm definitely moving East! Getting transitioned is taking all of my time. I've spent ten days on travel, then five days on my soon-to-be former job site, and three days home (off again in half an hour). Workouts are *really* suffering ... but then, I'm investing every extra minute with colleagues I may not see again, or with my four legged family (who will be remaining in Idaho), so it seems like a reasonable tradeoff for a little while. All three horses and the dogs lovede the extra attention these past few days, though I suspect the cat who owns me knows that something is up. She's beside herself.

I'll be back next week, about Friday. Clara is graduating!

Sounds crazy busy! I can relate to hectic! I am actually enjoying a stolen moment because the girls end of the year picnic was cancelled due to rain. I bet the animals are happy to see you! We are too! Cats always know don't they? Don't worry about the workouts! You will have time once your settled!

Congrats to Clara! Did she end up applying for college?

Woke up this morning and my body was screaming for a good stretch--so I did all of Stretch Max and will push Intensity to tomorrow.
~michelle

I know the feeling! I felt very stiff and achey last evening so I decided to take the day off! Sometimes we need to listen to our bodies and not the 'schedule' and sometimes we don't:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.