Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for September 2022!!

Today I did Raw Back, 26 minutes, 66 calories, heart rate 92/115. I then did Raw Slimsculpt, 32 minutes(It says 24 minutes, but I wrote out the workout as I went through it) heart rate 107/137, 120 calories. I liked that she tried to make it safer on the low back with the seated move's and using the bench. My whole back has been achy lately. I usually do not have that happen. I finished with CDorner Foam rolling from today and just did 13 minutes of it as my shoulders and wrists were hurting holding myself off the floor for so long. This was 22 calories. Total time was 71 minutes, 208 calories.
I find it interesting how the Garmin picks up on things when you wear it to bed and monitor things like stress, sleep, etc.. I was surprised when I looked at it Tuesday evening after not sleeping the night before and hosting game day along with pain hitting. It had my body battery at 4 out of 100 and stress was high a major part of the day which is rare. Suggestion was that I needed to get more rest.

RAW BACK 2022
4 sets 10 reps with a finisher uses a bench for part of it
Seated Rows 15# dbs 10 reps
pullovers 15# db 10 reps 2 rounds then 10# 2 rnds
1 arm rows 20# db 10 reps
repeat 3 more times
Finisher
seated run rows 10# dbs
scap squeezes I dropped to 8's

Raw Slim Sculpt (cardio and weights)24 minutes
uses a step bench with 2 risers light weighs and heavy 45 sec each move

row/curl 12# dbs
step right foot on it knee up/reverse lunge
light dbs 5# dbs overhead press/rt upper cut
step left foot on it knee up/reverse lunge
light dbs 5# dbs overhead press/left upper cut
heavy chop up diagonal 10# db alternating
step right foot on power up 3/heel
light swing/kickback/cross right
step left foot on power up 3/heel
light swing/kickback/cross left
heavy db pass or toss over head hand to hand(I did not toss and catch) 10# db
step leg side kick/front kick left foot on step
light curl and cross punch 5# dbs right
step leg side kick/front kick right foot
light curl and cross punch 5# dbs left
curl/monkey row 10# dbs
curtsy lunge off step right
light pec dec/scap squeeze/punch 5# dbs rt
curtsy lunge off step left
light pec dec/scap squeeze/punch lft
stretch

Debbie, I have been eyeing Mega Mix 2. I have done the first one and liked it a lot. I like the variety of equipment and moves. I may try that one soon. I hope the zoom meetings went well.

Jolie, great job on STS meso 2 back and biceps. I had great results with Body Beast and have done it quite a lot. Maybe someday I can do it again safely. Great plan with the legs. Did you try not going real high with the Kettlebell swings? I think about how I used to do double kettlebell swings and workouts heavy. I am pretty sure that is not happening again. I love using them though.
I woke up in the middle of the night and both shoulders were hurting. The only think I can relate it to is arthritis. It let up after I got up and moved around this morning.
Have a nice time and with your parents and a rest day.

Last edited:
Good Evening,

I went for a walk after work missed the last 2 days and they are not going to get an accurate picture of my heart rate unless I workout. Got my haircut yesterday and today my boss ask me today if I wanted to get something done with my hair to helps a stylist out so I got my highlights redone and deep conditioned my last hour on the clock.

Debbie- that megamix looks good

Reactions: WD
Checking in with PHA 3 this morning. That workout gets me every time. Gotta get to my mom's to get rid of and organize her clothes. I'm sure I will need a drink afterwards.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and workouts!

checking in with a 3 mile walk today. I did walk yesterday and did Fuel Day 4 FB.

Have a great weekend everyone

Today I did Raw Overdrive 40 minutes, heart rate 118/155, 161 calories, 2,178 steps. This worked well as it works the lower body and abs which I wanted today, and it is cardio. I finished off with CDorner mobility stretch 24 minutes, 42 calories, heart rate 81/105. This stretch did some neck mobility, but is mainly lower stretch and movement. It was one of the more recent ones. Total time was 64 minutes, 203 calories. as hard as I was working, I expected more calories and higher heart rate. This workout does give options, but I stayed with what Kelly did for most of it.

Coffey Fit Raw Overdrive
40 minutes
uses a step with 4 risers (I used 3), kettlebell or option dumbbell, jump rope or option cardio of choice, loop band
there are 3 rounds of 5 exercises
ending with 2 rnds of two ab exercises

warm up which ends in a plank on step and knee ins

jump rope or optional other cardio or jump rope holding egg weights I did jump rope without jump rope and high knee runs

loop band or optional no band: side to sidestep which changes a bit with leg lift back and side to side other rounds

high step jump on and step off or option step on and off: Kelly does add some extra hops while on the step in other rounds, also last round jack on the step then steps off

Kettlebell swings: Kelly uses a 20# kettlebell I used 15# and had a 10 ready, but 15 was okay.

Pop Squats with option of doing just squats

repeat 2 more times

Abs:
full sit up arms overhead
reverse leg lifts and as Kelly goes if you want she goes with feet overhead into a plow and back. This hurts neck and shoulders so I did not do that.
repeat

Roxie. nice work on Megamix and your walking. That was nice that you were able to get highlights done.

Cam, nice that you got in PHA 3. Good luck going through your mother's clothes.

Belinda, great job on the walk and getting Fuel day 4 Full body in.

Today I had an excellent workout, I did Les Mills Combat workout #91 55 minutes. This workout I wore my 1# gloves and it has an AB workout and stretch at the end. There were some higher impact moves in this workout, which I skipped, and did squats instead, all different kinds, I will be feeling it tomorrow! I burned a total of 554 calories. I have to say, I love kickboxing workouts, especially the Les Mills workouts as well as PowerStrike workouts. They are traditional Karate moves so it is more like taking a class and you really feel bad ass when you are doing the workout. Cathe's kickboxing are less traditional and more jumping moves ect. that have no relation to Karate. Remember the workouts by the gal who did it in her Karate studio, I forgot her name, but I know Diane has the dvds too. Susan Chung, is that it? I might have to pull those workouts out or maybe I got rid of them when I moved.

Great workouts yesterday to all of you who made it happen. I hope you have a great Sunday. It will be a high of 72 today so I am so excited because that is football weather! Make it a great day.

Jolie great workout. Yes it is Susan Chung. I love her workouts. She has some good ab work onthem too. I need to pull my DVD holder out and do some of the workouts I forget because they are not on the shelf.

No workout. I did 5 minutes of Jane Adam's chair yoga desk work and quit as I was getting texts and had dinner stuff to do. Family is coming over

Hi,

Walk with Sadie and FUEL Series 30 Min DUMBBELL CARDIO Workout - Giant Sets | Day 5 is done.

Diane - great job on Raw Overdrive yesterday. Have fun with your family today.

Jolie - great job with your kickboxing workout. I need to pull out all my Susan Chung dvd's soon.

Cam - great job on PHA 3 yesterday.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Checking in with CDorner Int-Adv Step #234. By far, the most fun step workout I've done in a long time. I only planned on a half hour, but it was so fun that I went until the end. I am soaked! Hopefully my knee and Achilles won't pay for it tomorrow.

My mom's clothes went well and she is happy. I got rid of 6 bags of clothes. My mother has enough tops and sweaters to wear for a couple months without repeating and she always wants more, and that's after getting rid of 6 bags. Jeesh!

Great workouts everyone!

This morning I did RAW Megamix 1. I loved Megavix 2 so much I wanted to try this one. It was a lot harder than 2 but a great workout. Loved it too!

This wasn't timed, it went on forever for most of the drills.

Round 1
Boxing Drill: 2# dumbbells
Loop Band: Side to Side steps
Tubing: Bicep Curls
Kettlebells: Double Arm Swings - 15#

Round 2
Loop Band: Leg Back Lifts
Tubing: Scap Squeeze/Kickbacks (had to stop early on these, don't like the scap squeeze too much)
Kettlebell: Alternate Swings - 15#

Round 3
Loop Band: Side Leg Raises (killer)
Tubing: Pec Deck/Alternate Press/Flies/Alternat Press (done standing, these burned like crazy)
Kettlbells: Figure 8 - 15#

Workout was 47 mintues, bured 398 calories (I was hoping to hit 400, close!), did 2901 steps, HR was 136/170.

No time for personals, great job with your workouts this weekend!! I made banana bread overnight oats. YUMMY!!!

Debbie - banana bread overnight oats sounds yummy! Do you eat yours cold or warm them up?

Friday I took a little road trip and did the bike trails up a Mt Herman - loved them - it was nice and cool so I rode for about 90 minutes - most of these trails are in forest sections with only moderate climbing. Then I had to take my bike to the shop to get the brakes fixed - they were grinding and squeaking so bad!

Saturday I did a full body hiit with Penny Barnshaw.

Yesterday I did the LIVE broadcast of the Marland Grand Fondo 28 mile bike ride with Ashliegh. It was fun- 2 hours and I can't believe that she talked through the entire ride (except when she was listening for one of the questions you can text in). But it was interesting - she is a professional endurance athlete and triathlon racer so its nice to hear stories and training from someone that is more than just a "fitness class" professional. Her chain fell off her bike at one point and she just hopped off and put it back on and jump back on and took off!

Today I had a fantastic workout, I started Body Beast Bulk section and Shoulders was on store for today. I skipped any kind of cardio because I am wiped out from yesterday's workout. I sure liked this workout and boy does it work the shoulders good. No wonder why I lost so much muscle mass doing Cathe Live workouts, she barely touches on each muscle group compared to these workouts. Workout was 45 minutes and I burned 381 calories. I added a few AB exercises on the end just to stay consistent with them, I am really getting them back in shape.

Lateral Raise Super Set to Arnold Press
Lat Raise-
5's x 15
8's x 12
10's x 8

Arnold Press Seated-
12's x 15
14's x 12
17's x 8
15's x 5

Upright Rows Progressive Set
10's x 15
12's x 12
15's x 8
15's x 8
12's x 12
10's x 15

Alternating Front Raise Super Set to Plate Twist
Alt. Front Raise-
7's x 15
8's x 12
10's x 8
Plate Twist- (I used a DB)
12# x 10, x 10, x 10

Reverse Flys Progressive Set
5's x 15
8's x 12
10's x 8
10's x 8
8's x 12
5's x 15

Supermans x 10, x 10
I skipped the Plank with a twist because I cannot do that with my back issue.

ABS- 4 exercises

Debbie, great job with the workout today. The banana bread with overnight oats sounds yummy for Fall.

Doreen, nice job on the workouts the last 3 days!

Belinda, way to go on the workout with Giant Sets yesterday.

Cam, I will be doing more step workouts this fall because there are a ton to choose from on the Les Mills website. My mom has so much clutter in her house it drives me crazy, but it is her memories, so I don't say anything. That was nice of you to go and help go through her cloths to scale it back a bit.

I hope you all have great workouts today. I will check back later to read what comes after this post. Make it a great day.

Hi,

I walked this morning and did D6 LB Fuel.

Debbie - I love overnight oats. I eat raspberries overnight oats almost all week long. I love it! Is the banana bread oats from Kiki? Great job today.

Jolie - today Caroline did another giant set workout, 9 exercises through, repeat 3 times. I do enjoy this kinda lifting. Great job.

Cam - that's a lot of cloth bags. I have to admit I do have a lot of clothes. Now she can buy more, lol. Great job on your workout.

Doreen - I great job on your workout.

Roxie - I hope they can find out what is causing why your blood pressure is so high. Sending you lots of good vibes.

Roselyn - great job with your arm and ab workout.

Diane - hope you doing well.

Good night.

I went into work later today and got home later, so this morning I snuck in Perfect Pump Upper Body + ICE Abs. When I got home from work tonight, DH and I took the dog for a 3 mile walk. He got us a little lost again. Ha! She walked 5 miles today and she still wants to play. Ugh! Time for bed for me.

Belinda, that's exactly what my mom said. She wants new clothes. She's 87 and her appearance is very important to her. But she has so much already. I pick up tops at Kohl's for her often, so not breaking the budget or anything. She has tons of clothes from Talbots. I wonder when Caroline will introduce her new series. I thought after Labor Day. Hmm.

Good workouts everyone!

Today I did most of CDorner Step # 235, 58 minutes, heart rate 116/143, 245 calories, 4,459 steps. I had to stop because my husband and I had to be at an appointment, and it was taking too long. That was it for the morning. My dog went outside and I heard some buzzing noise, it seemed to stop, but then she came back in and the buzzing started again. I went back in the workout room where she was and just like I thought, she had caught a cicada and was carrying it around. I have never had her kill one, but she will hold them in her mouth and let them out to look at them move. Of course, I usually get them away from her before they die.

Debbie, I have done Mega Mix 1 before and have it printed out already. I will do it one day soon. Great job with that one. I make overnight steel cut oats a lot and add some protein powder to them. Usually, I top with berries and nuts though. Is the banana bread just with banana mixed into the oats?

Doreen, the ride around tails at Mt Herman sounds nice. It would be nice to hear stories from someone that is an athlete. Funny that she just hopped off put the chain on and kept going.

Jolie great workout today with Body Beast shoulders. I remember those plate twists. Kelly did them in one of her Ripped and Ride workouts and doing it started all of that shoulder pain in my shoulder. It must have made the bone spur hit the tendon more or something. I remember them not seeming bad at all when I last did Body Beast though, but it has been a long time.

Roselyn, nice work with arms and abs.

Belinda, nice work with your walk and Lower Body Fuel D6. I am doing okay thanks for asking. I keep trying to get in stretching daily as it makes a difference. I did not get it in today and yesterday something like 4 or 5 minutes. I just did not have time. I love raspberries on my overnight oats. If I can get Driscolls sweetest batch blackberries from Whole Foods that is my favorite. They remind me more of the nice sweet blackberries we picked along the road in England when I was a kid.

Cam, I bet that was nice to get a workout in before work today. My dog would probably be lying on the floor after that long of a walk. She is getting old and grey, but she seemed all tired and not anxious to get up for breakfast, but as soon as I coaxed her outside, she spotted a new dog next door and she took off up and down the fence like a bolt of lightening. I swear if I did something like that right after I crawled out of bed I would probably have a heart attack.

So my Garmin died sometime last night. When I got up to go to the bathroom, I double tapped on the face to see what time it was and nothing came on. I couldn't get it to do anything. It is still keeping track of steps but I couldn't track my workout. I'm so bummed, this watch is only 9 months old. I am going to contact them and see if they can replace it for me. I will charge the smaller one I have and use it until I get a new one.

Anyways, I did RAW Heavy Bag/Shadow Boxing again, this is the one with Kelly and her son Zach. I have probably done this workout about 20 times, I love it and the music is awesome. I used my 2# dumbbells and had a great workout.

I see Kelly released the shoulders workout. I will wait until they are all uploaded and then do them.

Doreen - I love my overnight oats cold. The banana one was really good.

Jolie - Wow, awesome workout!! You really have me itching to do these workouts. I just hate my DVD player and I can't bring myself to order a new one. Maybe one of these days I will. I loved the Body Beast workouts. I'm afraid they may put me over with my upper back issue, though but then again, what doesn't irritate my upper back? Great job on it!!

Belinda - No, I found the banana bread overnight oats on Youtube but can't remember who's it was. I looked at Kiki's recipe book but didn't see a banana one in there. Does she have one?

Cam - That is so cool about your mom!! My mom can wear the same stuff over and over again - I'm the one that buys news stuff for her or she never would. Great job getting an early workout in!!

Diane - That is hilarious about your dog and the cicada! We have those all over the outside of our house, glad they don't come in. They are as bad as crickets. Yes, the banana oats I made was quite simple, I put half a smashed up banana in a bell jar with 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup plant milk, 1 tbsp chia seeds (which I don't really care for), 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp maple syrup. It was really good.

Well, you all have a great day!! See ya on the flip side!

Good morning,

No walk today. I did Fuel Day 7 UB.

Debbie - I have no idea if Kiki has a banana bread overnight oats? I will check. I see a lot of recipes on YouTube. I will check it out. I love overnight oats. Quick and healthy. Glad you enjoy the shadow boxing workout. Great job.

Diane - glad you doing fine. I also need to incorporate more stretching. I love most berries. I will check WF for their blackberries next time I go. It's hard finding good ones that actually taste good. Great job on CDorner Step # 235. I saw she posted a new mobility workout. I will try to do that one later.

Cam - that is awesome your mom likes to dress up. Why not. She having fun that's all that matters. I was wondering about Caroline's new series too. She has been quit.

Have a great day and workout everyone. I have a busy week with squeezing in appointments.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.