Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for September 2022!!

No workout for me today, I am sore and tired, but in a good way :)

Debbie, I signed up for Les Mills for the year when they were having a sale, the whole year for $58! I love the kickboxing workouts and I will try the stretching workouts as well as some yoga. Nice job on the workout today. I went through all of my old dvd's of Cathe's and have a who pile of them to do this Fall. So many of her earliest workouts are quite short so I can add some cardio onto the workout too.

Doreen, My Sunny rowing machine is Magnetic with an LCD monitor. I notice it is on sale on Amazon for $247 from $399. It looks a little different, but I bought mine 3 years ago, so it is probably a newer mode. Rowing is a great no impact workout and boy does it get your heart rate up there!

Cam, nice job with the workout yesterday and I hope you had a good vacation. Our weather is finally turning cooler, I actually have my windows open today, the first time in over a month. Fall is my favorite season and I look forward to warm and dry days with cooler nights!

Belinda, good job on the Caroline workout!

Diane Sue, I cannot believe the weights that you are lifting right now! I am lifting about the same, but you had Shoulder surgery!!! Way to go!

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today.

Have a wonderful day.

Reactions: WD
I did a Penny Barnshaw no repeat full body and then the first part of one of her leg day workouts. Then took the pupper for a walk. Cool this morning! And we had a hawk in our backyard so that was fun.

Good Afternoon,

I haven’t been doing much for workouts because I was waiting to see the cardiologist my appointment was last Wednesday and I was shocked when I stood on the scale. I have to wear an e patch for 3 days then have an echocardiogram to see why my heart rate is running high plus I have to drink 32oz of water plus the same amount in Gatorade or Powerade. I did 2 BeachBody 4Weeks For Everybody but after the leg workout I couldn’t hardly walk for 3 days. Sunday I started walking again and did that yesterday but today I chose a StudioSweat Spin workout. I don’t have any restrictions but slowly gettback into it.

Checking in with Penny 35 min Strong & Toned Dumbbell Hiit. In the mood for a fun short one today and Penny always delivers. A little bit of everything. 20 sec. work/10 sec rest/ 2 rounds. I worked up quite a sweat.

No workout today. I hosted my ladies game day and we had a fun time. For some reason I could not sleep last night. The last time I looked it was 2:40 this morning and I got up at 6:45. I ended up with terrible neck pain and headache this afternoon. Not sure what is up with that. I should sleep well tonight.

Debbie, the Raw Back workout does look like something that I am unsure of. I was just going to go look to see if she posted another workout. I am not sure about jumping into it yet. My neck and upper back really hurt right now. I really do not know why it hurts so bad. As I sat at the table playing the game it got worse and worse. Now I am icing and took Advil. I really like the Shoulder Limitations workout. Maybe I should have went a little lighter at the start with the scap squeezes. For some reason I thought you had done that one before and commented on Kelly using the weights she was using for the scap squeeze. Maybe I am thinking of another workout.

Belinda, have a safe trip taking Cooper home. Nice work getting in Fuel 2 and the walk in.

Jolie, I am glad you it is a good tired and sore for you. I hope it was a nice rest day. It is cooling off here too. I have been enjoying going outside and doing things.

Doreen, great job on the Penny Total Body and part of leg day. I bet that was fun watching the Hawk.

Roxie, I hope that they can figure out the problem with the heart rate. Nice work on getting workouts in and getting back into it.

Cam, nice that you found Penny to be a prefect workout for you today.

Cooling down here in CA finally!!! Today I did Cathe's STS Meso 2 Disc# 22 Chest/Shoulders/ Triceps and did Les Mills Core Attack, half of it at the end. I had an excellent workout even though my shoulder still bothers me a bit, but I just work right through it. It is not getting any worse, so I just keep going. Workout was 1 hour 10 minutes and I burned 408 calories.

Warm Up
Chest Press with 10 second rest between sets- 15's x 10, x 10, x 10, x 10 (Cathe does pushups)

Chest Press- 20's x 12, x 10, x 8

Incline Chest Flys- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8 (this exercise bothers my shoulder)

Incline Chest Press- 20's x 12, x 10, x 8

Seated Overhead Press Drop Set-
20's x 10
15's x 10
12's x 10
10's x 10 (I added an extra set)

Incline Front Raise Drop Set-
10's x 10
8's x 10
5's x 10
5's x 10 (I added an extra set)

Lateral Raise Drop Set-
10's x 10
8's x 10
5's x 10

Rear Delt Flys Drop Set-
10's x 10
8's x 10
5's x 10

Flat Bench Triceps Ext.- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8

Close Grip Chest Press Drop Set-
20's x 10
15's x 10
12's x 10
10's x 10

Kickback Drop Set-
10's x 10
8's x 10
5's x 10

Les Mills Core Attack- half of the workout 10 minutes.

Roxie, good to see you back and working out again. I drink that much water every day.

Doreen, I have hawks fly over my house every day at 3pm. There are 3 of them so I have to put umbrellas up thought the yard so they can swoop down and get my dog. Nice job on the workout. Are you going to buy a rowing machine? The interactive ones with the display screen are really cool but they get expensive.

Cam, great job with the shorter workout!

Debbie, I hope you had a great workout this morning.

Diane Sue, I was so tired yesterday myself, poor sleep and my muscle were sore. I could not fall asleep the night before for anything too!!!

Make it a wonderful day!

This morning I just walked on my treadmill, didn't feel like doing much more. My knee was hurting a bit so I didn't want to chance another setback.

Workout was 46 minutes, burned 392 calories, went 2.25 miles, did 5480 steps and HR was 141/175.

It was cold this morning, like in the 50's. Brrr. Love fall weather, though!

Jolie - I will check out Les Mills, I might subscribe next time they have a sale. I'll need to keep my eye on it. Sounds like something I'd like to do. I think Cathe's early workouts are the best ones. I love how she did her weight workouts. I always seem to get injured doing her live workouts. Be careful with the shoulder, go light for a while. It's not worth it! Great workout!

Diane - Sorry you are in pain again, so weird how it just comes on like that. The workout I did with the scap squeeze was a different workout but I can't think which one right now. I like that exercise but I always go light with it. Glad you had fun with your ladies group!

Roxie - Sorry you are having so many issues with your heart, I wish they could figure out what is going on. Hope you can get back to workouts soon! I usually drink a gallon of water a day, I guess that's 32 oz. I have to or I feel crappy.

Belinda - Great job with your workout yesterday! I bet you'll miss Cooper!

Doreen, Roselyn and Cam - Good job with your workouts!

Have a great day everyone!

I did Part 3 of the Boston Marathon experience with Tommy Rivs on Ifit this morning (I actually did it on my bike because I can't run anymore) It's getting kinda old just watching people come up and say hi and him running 30 seconds, walking 30 seconds - 4 miles at a time. He does deserve kudos for his comeback after almost dying from lukemia a couple years ago and the toll the cancer took on his body.

Jolie- I'm still debating on the rowing machine. I'm not sure I need another piece of cardio equipment. If I did get the interactive one I could hook up to my Ifit account but they are so expensive. I've been trying to find one locally for sale used but not much luck at the moment. I looked up on youtube how to DIY one which was pretty funny!! Some people are very creative and a couple ideas actually looked like they were working pretty well. One guy used the wheel peice from rollerblades under a seat and one guy used an indoor bike trainer and bike wheel for the resistance to row against...

Today I did CDorner Kickboxing Hiit Cardio, 42 minutes, heart rate 116/140, 179 calories, 3,058 steps. I also did CDorner 20 minute mobility stretch, 24 minutes, 46 calories, heart rate 82/102. This one had some movement and flow to it before hitting stretches lying down. Total time was 66 minutes, 225 calories. I am still tired even though I slept 8 hours. I will have to get caught up a bit. I still hurt this morning and when I was done I rolled with the foam roller and finally decided to get out the massage gun and used it along the scapular area and not too bony parts of my upper back. It feels better right now. I was worried I was going to have it feeling like yesterday.

Jolie, great job on STS meso 2 chest, shoulders, and triceps. I don't know what is up with those sleepless nights, but they sure do wipe you out. I know we have neighbors that warned about watching your small pets as they have seen them swoop and take off with rabbits and one said their cat, but they scared the hawk before he got hold of it.

Debbie, wise decision to be careful of the knee. Well, I thought the scap squeeze would take the place of doing it with the band like I did in PT. I realized this morning that we do hit those muscles a lot as well as traps, so I don't see what the deal is with them. I noticed that the Arm workout was not on the Raw channel this morning. I wonder if she is redoing it? I will try the back soon. At least if my pain is gone.

Doreen, that would be funny watching the guy have people talk to him through the run. I don't think I would want to try to make my own row machine. I used to be able to do a row workout on the Bowflex when I had it. Pushed with legs and rowed as the seat moved. I never burned many calories doing it, but really being fit is not about how many calories we burn.

Hi,

I just getting around posting my workout. I was cleaning my house, Cooper sheds a lot. I walked and did D3 Legs Fuel today.

Well, I am not sure if I told you guys? DH and I are going on vacation to FL the end of this month. I am looking forward relaxing on the beach.

Debbie - great job on your workouts. Yes, I miss Cooper already. I will see him tomorrow. My son and DIL are here on business.

Diane - I am sorry your in so much pain. You need a break, girl. Feel better soon.

Jolie - great job on your workout. Yeah, on cooling down.

Roxie, Cam and Roselyn - great job.

Good night.

Ok, so why have I never seen this workout before on RAW? I did RAW Strength 1 - Cardio Acceleration. I thought it was new because I remember doing Strength 2: Cardio Acceleration and wondering where Strength 1 was. So weird. And this was done 4 months after Sammie's back surgery which was last October. Anyways, not sure why I never saw it, but glad I did. It was a great workout.

12 reps each exercise

One Arm Row: 25#
Cardio: Squat/Knee
Repeat

Squats: 12's
Cardio: Jogging
Repeat

Dumbbell Press: 20's
Cardio: Pump Ups
Repeat

Supination Curls: 15's
Cardio: Altnernating Insoles
Repeat

Deadlifts: 15's
Cardio: Jacks
Repeat

Lateral Raise: 8's
Cardio: Skaters
Repeat

Skull Crushers: 10's
Cardio: (Abs) Knee-ins on step
Repeat

Workout was 33 mintues, burned 185 calories (my HR would not go up with this one and I was working hard), Did 1147 steps and HR was 105/139

I did some trap work before I started my cardio workout. Used 8's for overhead shrugs, front shrugs and side shrugs.

Then I did RAW Boxing Finisher and used my 2# hand weights. Love this one!!
Workout was 17 minutes, burned 146 calories, did 1510 steps and HR was 133/151.

Diane - I agree, we hit those muscles with all the exercises we do, even traps. I don't get it. The Arm workout was on the channel this morning but I didn't watch it. I hope she fixed it. I also wish she'd put the other body parts up, I was hoping to do those all this week. Wonder why she hasn't? I'm glad your pain is gone, that is a good thing! Nice job on your workouts!

Belinda - Awesome about your trip to FL! That sounds fabulous!!! Great job with your Fuel workout!

Jolie - Nice job with your workout yesterday, glad it's getting cooler there. I really want to try a Les Mills workout. I can't remember if I've ever tried one before or not?

Have a great day everyone!!!

Today I am sore from yesterday's workout, but it feels so good to actually feel DOMS after I workout. I decided to have an active recovery day, no lifting and walked on the treadmill for 1 hour uphill, traveled 3.2 miles and burned 482 calories. My right knee is sore today and I suppose it is the weather, getting cooler makes my joints hurt again. I will put my infrared light on it today and that usually makes it feel better. I have put on some weight over the summer, like I always do, and need to focus on eating better this Fall. I did not get a lot of movement in the past few months due to the extreme heat; I am so happy for the cool down. I plan on getting out and about more going forward.

Debbie, great job on the two workouts today. There are some free Les Mills Combat workouts on Youtube if you want to try them now, you can. I like the instructors and I am glad to have a change because I was getting VERY bored with my workouts.

Diane Sue, I slept better last night, thank God, I hope you did too! Nice job with the workout yesterday.

Doreen, I like the way that rowing machines can fold up if space is an issue. But I get it about buying something new and all of that, but it is fun to have variety. I found some used ones on Face Book Marketplace in my area, have you checked them out in your area?

Belinda, way to go on going on vacation, I wish I had one to look forward to.

Make it a great day.

This morning I did a full body bootcamp from Sydney Cummings Houdyshell's new series. It was good programming. Lower body, upper body, abs, back. I haven't done her in a while but it was a nice strength based workout.

Jolie- I haven't looked on FB yet but I've looked on Offer Up and Craigslist. I reached to a couple but they weren't in my area (even though I thought I filtered to 30 miles from me).

Bad morning here. I got to bed late and got woke up by my dog barking which rarely happens. I had to hurry and dress as there was a business truck in front and I could hear voices and saw they had rung the doorbell that goes through my phone which I do not take in the bedroom. It ended up being they wanted in our yard to mark lines. Then they kept coming back to the door as our plants are apparently in the way and they were telling me the electric company would have to pull out our bushes. I told them we like them how they are. Then another guy comes and said they could do it if they can trim the bushes. I told them if they trim it off the back of them next to electric box they can. The guy said something about more street lights and they needed to get in our yard that has the box and the neighbors. I hate that we have the community electric and cable box in our planter. I told them I want the hole filled back up this time because last time they kept denying it was them. My poor dog has tummy issues and I had to make her wait to go out in the yard.
I did get in a workout this aftenoon and did CDorner Low Impact Cardio 42 minutes, heart rate 119/149, 4,629 steps. I also did most of her Neck and shoulder stretch, 20 minutes, 24 calories, heart rate 70/85.
66 minutes, 212 calories.
I will be back in a little while to respond to posts and read.

Evening,

I walked this afternoon. We visit and grabbed a bit to eat with your kids in DC.

I will be catch up on personals in the morning.

Good night.

Belinda, nice job on getting the walk in this afternoon and Legs Fuel. I am sure the trip to Florida will be fun and relaxing. That is nice that you had lunch with the kids. Thanks on the pain. I do not get why I can go for a week or two feeling pretty good and suddenly pain hits all over. I woke stiff and achy, but it let up.

Debbie, I went and checked Raw notebook and I have Cardio Acceleration 1 in it and have done it in the past. I know I missed some workouts through all of the surgery stuff so wanted to check. Great job on the workout. I saw that arms was back up. I really don't think she fixed it because it was where I left it after taking it back to see if I missed something and she says something about putting the move she missed in.
I was hoping for legs today.

Jolie, I am glad that you slept well. I was sleeping just fine till I got woke up because someone had come to the door to get in our back yard. I am going to bed early tonight just in case they come back since no one did show up after they marked off the yard. I am glad it is cooling off for you so you can work out the way you like to.

Doreen, nice work with Syndey Cummings Houdyshell's bootcamp.

Ok, I know I said I don't like kettlebell workouts much, and I don't, but I wanted to try this one. It was fun and I'm glad I did it. It was RAW Megamix 2. Very fun workout but it took a while for my HR to go up.

Each drill was 45 seconds

Round 1
Kettlebell: Double Arm Swing - 10#
Boxing: 2# dumbbells
Tubing: Bicep Curl/Alternate Lat Raise
Loop Band: Two Side Steps in crab position
Repeat

Round 2
Kettlebells: Figure 8 - 10#/15#
Boxing: 2# dumbbells
Tubing: Single Arm Overhead Extension (killed!)
Loop Band: Plie Squat Out
Repeat

Round 3
Kettlebells: Alternate Swing - 15#
Boxing: 2 # dumbbells
Tubing: Bent Rows/Upright Row (this was questionable, I was very careful, felt a pinch in my upper back)
Loop Band: Alternate Leg Out/Leg Back
Repeat

Great workout! It was 42 minutes, burned 306 calories, did 1933 steps and HR was 122/179.

No time for personals, I have back to back Zoom meetings today. Glad it's FRIDAY!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Today was my last day of Cathe's STS Meso 2, I did disc #24 Back and Biceps and added ABS at the end. Drop Sets were the star of the show in this workout, and it felt great! Total workout time was 1 hour and 6 minutes and I burned 411 calories. I substituted a few exercises due to my injuries and had a fantastic workout. Since this is my last workout in this Mesocycle, I will be starting Body Beast next week and I will skip the Build Series and jump right into the Bulk Series. I do not want to do an endurance workout coming off Meso 2, I want to build more muscle right now. I will be skipping the leg workouts and doing my own leg workouts so I can save my knees from injury. I will do elliptical, rowing, lifting weights, kickboxing and walking for the leg workouts the next 4 weeks. I am looking forward to a new series and I have not done Body Beast in a long time. When I did it when it first came out, I got really good results.

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12, x 12, x 12

Narrow Grip Pull Downs Palms Facing Inward- 60# x 12, x 12, x 12

Underhand Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12, x 12, x 12

Pull Overs-
25# x 10
20# x 10
17# x 18 TF

1 Arm Horz. Rows-
(this exercise hurts my shoulder so I got on my rowing machine and rowed 100 strokes on the hardest resistance instead, WOW!) This exercise puts my hands in the exact same position as the Horz. Row.

Deadlifts BB- 30# x 12, x 12, x 12

BB Bicep Curls Drop Set-
30# x 10
25# x 10
20# x 22 TF

Incline Curls with a twist Drop Set-
15's x 10
12's x 10
10's x 22 TF

Conc. Curls Drop Set-
17# x 10
15# x 10
12# x 14 TF

ABS and Core

Debbie, awesome workout today. I tried KB swings today and it hurt this dumb shoulder so I will have to wait to use the KB for a while.

Diane Sue, great job on the workout even though it was later in the day after the morning you had! I slept poorly last night; this shoulder really bothers me in every position but it is getting better each day.

Belinda, nice job in getting a walk in when you were in DC.

Doreen, great workout yesterday with Sydney.

Roselyn, way to go on Back and Biceps!

Cam, I hope you had a nice rest day yesterday.

No workout tomorrow, I will be meeting my parents for breakfast early in the morning. Make it a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.