Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for September 2022!!

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Walk outside is done. It was a little chilly today. I will do a stretch/yoga today.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

Reactions: WD
Wow, September already. One of my favorite months, but I can't believe it's here.

I've been reading a lot of articles about Princess Diana's death and there are so many things I didn't know. I can't believe it's been 25 years since her death, that happened the first year my husband and I were married. I'll never forget that day when it was on the news. So sad.

This morning I was feeling really good so I decided to do RAW Box & Pump 3, I've never done this one but had a workout sheet for it. This one is boxing and legs and although I used very light weights for the leg part, I had an excellent workout. This one is a lot of fun, I loved the boxing combos she did. I think the overhead shrugs and regular shrugs are helping a bit. No knot today.

11 minute per exercise but the boxing seemed a lot longer.

Boxing Drill
Barbell Squats: 10's (I used dumbbells)
Narrow Dumbbell Squats: 10's
Plies: 10's

Boxing Drill
Barbell Deadlifts: 15's (I used dumbbells)
Reverse Lunges: 10's
Good Mornings: 10's

Boxing Drill
Barbell Front Lunges: Body Weight (I did reverse lunges)
Bulgarian Split Squats: 10's
Curtsy Lunges: 10's

Boxing Drill
Firewalkers w/Band
Band Squats
Back Leg Raise w/Band

Boxing Drill - Skipped the rest, ran out of time
Clamshells w/band - Skipped
Hip Lifts w/Band - Skipped

Was bummed I had to skip the last segment, I didn't give myself enough time. I had no idea this workout was 57 minutes. Great workout though, I will feel it tomorrow

Workout was 48 minutes, burned 326 calories, did 3426 steps and HR was 120/152. Funny, my heart rate felt a lot higher than that through this workout. Weird.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Today I had and excellent workout. It is very hot here so I got up early and got it done before it got too hot. Yesterday it was 96 degrees at the beach! Today I started with an uphill TM walk, traveled 1.6 miles, 30 minutes and burned 264 calories. Next, I put together an upper body workout doing Progressive Sets and boy was it a doozy! Total Workout time was 1 hour 16 minutes and I burned 502 calories.

Chest Press-
12's x 12 reps
15's x 10
20's x 8 (30 second rest)
20's x 8
15's x 10
12's x 12

Back, Wide Grip Pull Downs-
40# x 12
50# x 10
60# x 8 (30 second rest)
60# x 8
50# x 10
40# x 12

Seated Overhead Press-
10's x 12
12's x 10
15's x 8 (30 second rest)
15's x 8
12's x 10
10's x 12

Seated Bicep Curls-
10's x 12
12's x 10
15's x 8 (30 second rest)
15's x 8
12's x 10
10's x 12

Lying Triceps Ext.-
8's x 12
10's x 10
12' x 8 (30 second rest)
12's x 8
10's x 10
8's x 12

Wow, I feel good even though this Trap muscle and Shoulder thing is still sticking around.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. What kind of weight are you using for the Shrugs? I cannot get this thing to release, but it is 80% better than it was a few weeks ago. I was so sad when Princess Diana died too, it was just a few years after my brother died and it really hit home with me. She was my idol growing up, I wore my hair like she did, minus the crown :)

Belinda, great job on the workout today, you are so lucky it is cooler for you, the heat here is horrendous!

I hope you all have a great workout today, BBL to read the posts for the day.

I did a couple 20 mintute bike rides on Ifit today. Big Thompson Canyon and Telluride. The trainer is Paul Baretto - Hannah Eden's husband. He has such a calm encouraging demeanor as a coach.

I'm back into my basements for workouts - its too dark and cold in the morning to be outside. Boo hoo - I like September but I hate that the days get shorter!!

This morning I did RAW Cardio Crush 2 which Kelly films outside. It is a fun workout but almost too high impact for me. I had to do some low impact moves here and there, but other than that it was a great workout. I also added RAW Abs Circuit - this has three circuits but I only did 2 becauase I ran out of time. My abs were screaming at me anyways so all is good.

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 397 calories, did 3597 steps and HR was 133/158. Fun workout!!

Jolie - Excellent workout girl! You are killing it lately. With the overhead shrugs I started out using 3's but didn't feel much. I went up to 8's and that actually was tough after the 10th rep. The normal shrugs I used 12's. I stopped doing shrugs because my traps were huge at one time but I think if I go light enough just to make them strong again, it should be ok. I am feeling better but I'm not sure if this is what's helping. I have more tightness under my left arm pit today than my upper back. My triceps is really hurting too, I don't know what is causing that. The tricep thing has been going on for a long time now. I should get it looked at but sick of doctor bills.

Doreen - Nice job on your workout.

Belinda - It's been chilly here in the mornings but then gets quite warm during the day. Love it like this! Good sleeping weather.

Hope everyone else is doing great! Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!!

I had technical difficulties this morning and my workout stopped 16 minutes in. I couldn't get it to re-load so switched. Neither one I picked this morning were all that exciting - just bodyweight stuff which is always pushups which I always hate. Also the puppy wanted to play so we just ended up going for a walk.

Hi,

Walk outside and Tempo TB is done.

Debbie - I am loving the cooler weathers. Perfect for walking outside. We walked a little later than usually, it still was very nice. Afternoons is a different story, lol. It's very sad how Princess Diana died. I can't believe it's been 25 years. Great job on your workouts.

Julie - sorry about the heat. I am loving he cooler weather. I can leave my windows open until noon. Your workout yesterday looks tough. WTG!

Great job everyone else on your workouts.

Today I did a little workout. Michelle PiYo Low Impact Cardio & Flow Yoga. This was a good one for me. My back is better but not 100%. I also walked 2 miles tonight with dh and my dog. Tomorrow morning I am going to do a workout. Not sure what exactly, but I am keeping it light for awhile. Our weather has been spectacular and I walk as much as possible. We've had low humidity and sunny 70's and 80's. I am on vacation next week and it's supposed to be beautiful the whole week. Lots of outdoor time for sure.

Doreen, I agree. I hate that it's getting darker now.

Jolie & Debbie, good workouts. Jolie you are really getting into weight work. Good job. I have to say, Newsome has really screwed up your state. I don't know how you do it. It sounds like his own parents don't support him. Ha!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Wednesday I did CDorner Fast Basic Step #227, heart rate 129/162, 172 calories, 3,756 steps. I then did CDorner relaxing stretch mobility, 31 minutes, 58 calories, heartrate 83/111,108 steps. Total time was 64 minutes, 230 calories, 3864 steps.
Yesterday I did CDorner Legs and Butt with a stability ball, 55 minutes, 270 steps, 157 calories, heart rate 99/128. I used 15# dumbbells and the heavy fabric loop band for this workout. I followed this with Raw your healthy back, 22 minutes, 52 calories, 87/112 heart rate. This was half strengthening with optional ankle weights on, and the other half was stretching.
Today my lower body was sore. I did Kelly Cardio Fit workout #2, 30 minutes, heart rate 123/145, 149 calories. This was hi/low with upper body and I used the 8lbs for all moves. I can feel that strength is coming back. I followed this with Raw Step Boxing which is also on the Cardio Fit dvd as a bonus, 29 minutes, heart rate 131/172, 159 calories.
Total time today was 59 minutes, 308 calories, 3,979 steps.
I couldn't remember what I have posted for workouts. Our vacation week is almost over. It has been nice to relax. I have ate out a lot. We went to a movie one night. I swear it has been years since we went to a theater.

Debbie, the neck and back stretch is one of the newer ones. It concentrates a lot on the upper area. There is another she put up which is obviously posted before the new set but is good and is lower body emphasis. I have done it twice now. It is the relaxing stretch mobility recently put up. Kelly does sometimes get a little harder impact in workouts. Cardio Fit hi/lo had some higher impact in it which she said that would help strengthen the lower body while doing the upper body. Jane does the modification in low impact.
I remember them telling me at my old PT that the other muscles running under the traps needed to be strengthened so the traps did not take over all of the work. I am still not sure how to do that.

Jolie, great job on that workout plan. It is finally cooling off a little here. We still end up with the air on though. I work out with a fan on. You are doing fantastic.

Doreen, sorry the workout got cut off before you were done. I hate pushups too and can almost guaranty that they will be in the non-weight upper body portion of a workout.

Belinda, which workout is Tempo. I am sure I have it, but cannot think of the instructor. Nice workout and glad you got your walk in too.

Cam, I think I may have done that Michelle Piyo workout. I am sure you will enjoy the clear nice weather next week. It has been raining here. Too much water as the neighbor dumped their blow up pool and with rain and the sprinklers running while we were gone, it is wet. The sun was out today though.

Good morning,

DD left for Greece this today. We are watching Cooper. DH and I went for a nice long walk to get some of Coopers energy out.

Diane - I am doing Caroline Tempo on YT. It's very good, IMO! Glad you having a great time on your vacation. Nothing wrong eating out on vacation. It's been a few years I went to a theater. What did you end up watching?

Have a great Saturday and weekend.

It is hotter than Hell here for the next 8 days and it is killing me and my workouts! Tonight is going to be a low of 78 with high humidity! My parents had to leave the Palm Springs area for the weekend and go to the mountains, it will be 119 this weekend. Holy smokes this is the worst heat wave, and it is going on and on, when will it stop! Today I was in the gym early, up at the butt crack of dawn and got in a walk on my TM. I thought I might have to quit after the first mile due to the heat but somehow, I managed to do a full hour uphill and it felt amazing once I finished. I traveled 3.2 miles and then had a great stretch at the end. Total workout time was 1 hour 10 minutes and I burned 566 calories. I bet the beaches will be packed this weekend due to the high heat inland and the holiday weekend.

Yesterday was rest day #2 for the week, I couldn't motivate myself to workout in the heat. This week I may have to bring some gym equipment into the house and workout with the air conditioner on.

Belinda, great job on the walk this morning with the dogs. How fun for hour daughter to get to go to Greece!!!

Great job on the workouts yesterday everyone!

Make it a great holiday weekend! I have no plans and I like it that way :)

Worked out outside this morning because I didn't start until 7am so it was light but still only 55 degrees. I did an Advanced Hiit strength by Hannah Eden- 36 mintues - I swapped out one exercise for somthing I like better but it was a good workout. Then I took the dog for a little bike ride about 1 mile down and back on the gravel trail by our house. He does really well as long as he doesn't see a rabbit or deer or other dog.

I did XTrain Super Cuts this morning. I did a premix without her pushup/sit up moves. That was good for me today. I stuck with 5's & 8's. I am feeling pretty good, but no plank burpee moves or cross back lunges. I can feel that that is a trigger for me.

Diane, glad you are getting stronger. I remember what a good feeling that was. Good workouts you are doing.

Jolie, wow! That's hot. I would definitely be working out indoors. Good workout today.

Doreen, I could never ride with my dog. Lord, I would end up in a ditch with broken bones. Sometimes she walks really nice and then she sees a deer, turkey or rabbit and she lunges. I can never let my guard down with her. People that walk sipping their lattes, not me.

Belinda, is Tempo new? Good workout!

Today I did Raw Box and Pump 7 with Get up and Move for an extra warm up, 36 minutes, heart rate 107/139, 127 calories, 1,914 steps. I followed this with CDorner Neck and Back stretch, 27 minutes, 42 calories. Total time was 63 minutes, 169 calories.

Box and Pump 7 26 minutes
each exercise segment is 1 minute
egg weights or 2# dumbbells and dumbbells Kelly 15's I think as she mentions I should do 20# for that
boxing 1# dbs jab/cross/slip jack
repeat on other side
alternating snatch I used 10's Some of these did not go overhead for me
alternating reverse lunge I used 12's and could have went heavier
boxing alternating punch 4, punch 2, uppercut
repeat other side
power curls 12# dbs
side to side squat 15#
break
boxing punch down/up/up twist twist
repeat other side
dumbbell side lunge row alternating sides 15# db
curl/press 12# dbs alternating
hook/punch/hook/squat repeat other side
squat curl twist to knee 12# dbs
single leg balance toe touch alternating no weight
stretch

Belinda, Caroline has an amazing bunch of workout series. I was pouring over them the other day. We saw the Thor Love and Thunder. We pretty much would rather rent a movie and watch at home. Although I am usually wandering around doing other things while the movie is on or Amazon shopping on my tablet. I do not sit hands free often. I will get my diet back on track next week. I bought a bag of Siete grain free chips and ate a bunch of them last night with some of the cashew Queso that I made.

Doreen, nice that you were able to get outside today.

Cam, I am learning that it is wise to not do the things that trigger bad stuff. Consequences are not worth it and usually we can come up with a substitution. Cross backs off of a step sets off my knees. I learned that when I had the torn miniscus. I usually just sub a regular lunge. I can get away with a shallow not as large of a cross back, but probably not getting the benefit of the move.

Checking in with Tracy Steen All Standing No Repeat Cardio. This is a good one and thought I would share the link if interested. I found it easy to modify, but this is one of her best. I play a fun cardio playlist and it makes it even better.

My back is feeling great today and tomorrow I am doing a good weight workout.

Cam- thanks for the link that looks like a good one. And I have to keep my guard up with my dog too - I've ended up on my butt before and today almost got pulled into the creek and had to just let go of the leash! High prey drive!!

I did a short bike ride with the dog this morning, then dropped him off at the house and went for a longer bike ride - apporx 1 hour. Nice cool morning and the park was mostly empty. Just a couple hikers and bikers.

Today it is still hot, but I got in a good workout even though I did it in the garage. I wanted to do cardio today because I have been sitting in the house so much this past week due to the heat and I was dying to get some movement in. I started with an uphill walk on the TM, 1 hour and traveled 3.4 miles. Next, I made myself get on my elliptical and ran on Interval mode, 2 minutes high incline high resistance, 2 minutes lower incline lower resistance. I thought I would die, and I only did it for 11 minutes, but I ran 1.6 miles. Total workout time was 1 hour 16 minutes, I included a stretch at the end, and I burned 729 calories.

Roselyn, great job on the workout.

Cam, thanks for sharing the link to your last workout, I may try that in the house this week if I do not do the Les Mills workouts.

Diane Sue, Way to go on the workout you did last!

Happy Labor Day.

Hi,

I forgot to post my workouts this morning. I walked outside and I did band workout from YT.

Great job everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.