Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for September 2022!!

I did a 30 minute heavy gear bike ride this morning - for once the incline and resistance seem appropriate and it was hard 3 mintues hard gear and then back off for a minute. Then I took the dog for a walk.

Reactions: WD
Today is a rest day because I plan on workout out both days over the weekend, I need to get in some rest to be able to do them LOL! We are in for another heat wave the next week or so but thankfully the humidity should be low, not like the last heat wave from the monsoon off Baja. We are still warm at night, which makes sleeping difficult, nothing like where you ladies are from with the nights getting cooler. California can be really hot in October; they call it Indian Summer. I still have to get in Body Beast Back this week and then I start all over again. My muscles are so sore from these workouts, I am hoping to get some gains from doing rotation.

Debbie, great workout today!!! I am loving lifting again but boy am I out of shape :)

Doreen, nice job on the ride today.

Belinda, you have a raincoat for Sadie, I love it! Good luck with your doctors appointments today.

Diane Sue, great job with the workout yesterday. You used to post before me in the past and now it is afterwards, what time do you workout now days?

Make it a great Friday!

Today I did CDorner Cardio Step Hiit which is a vertical step workout and uses 1 10# dumbbell alternating between a step move and a weight move off the step. She does all of the moves and then repeats them till the end of the workout. Fun Rock Music. This was 44 minutes, heart rate 128/177, 228 calories. THis was a workout from yesterday. I then did Raw Arms 20 minutes, heart rate 116/134, 93 calories. I finished with CDorner Full Body Stretch from today, 20 minutes, heart rate 83/110, 46 calories. Total time was 84 minutes, 367 calories, 2,850 steps.
Raw Arms
biceps curls first round 15's other 3 12's
overhead triceps extensions 10's all 4 rounds
hammer curls 15's first 3 rounds dropped to 12's 4th round
ticeps kickbacks 10's all rounds
finisher 10's

Debbie, the Combat Cardio I did yesterday is a new one from this week. It had fun Rock Music as well.
I do a Whole Foods through Amazon Prime and the deliver it to my doorstep. They charge a fee for delivery and a tip for the driver is charged separately. I usually get it that day or the next day depending on open delivery times. Usually, it is soon after I place my order. I generally only do it once a month and order organic meats and items like Milkadamia milk and supplements etc. that I cannot get at Walmart.
Great job on the workout. I have a lot I have not done in a long time. I was looking at them in my binder this morning.

Jolie, I hope you had a good rest day and do well on your Body Beast workout tomorrow. I used to get up really early, but now with my husband working nights, I clean at night and am often up till after midnight. So, mornings I usually am not active till around 9 and that is when I read my Bible and do devotions with coffee and supplements. Workout does not usually get done till around 11 in the morning. So, it takes a while before I get to the computer to post. I like early mornings so much better though for workouts. During the start of the Pandemic when I did virtual school, I had to get up early and try to clean at night and I was exhausted all of the time.

Doreen, nice work on the heavy gear bike ride today and your walk with the dog.

Belinda, I hope that your doctor appointments went well today.

Today I had an excellent workout, Body Beast Bulk Back and Les Mills Core Step 1 which included ABS, low back and some glutes. It was a very slow and controlled workout which made it hard to do but I liked it. There was floor and standing exercises, I used some 5# ankle weights for some of the exercises. Workout was 1 hour with the stretch, and I burned 402 calories. I go lite weights with Back because of my issue but I still get a great workout in anyways. Instead of doing bent over BB rows, I did 100 rows on my rowing machine and it darn good killed me. I love rowing because you get a twofer, working legs and back and arms all at the same time.

Pullovers-
10's x 15
12's x 12
15's x 8
12's x 8 (Super Set to)
Lat Pull Downs Wide Grip instead of Pull Ups-
50# x 10, x 10, x 10

Narrow Grip Rows with BB-
I did 100 Rows on the rowing machine instead, I do not hurt my low back

1 Arm Rows- 15# x 5, x 5, x 5, x 5, x 5 Hold for 5 seconds between sets do not drop the weight

BB DeadLifts-
20# x 15
25# x 12
30# x 8
25# x 8

Reverse Flys-
5's x 15
8's x 12
10's x 8
8's x 8

Les Mills Core Step 1

It is starting to heat up here today, Indian Summer for the week, lets just hope no fires start because typically at this time of the year the Santa Ana winds kick up with high heat and can create an inferno.

I hope you all have great workouts today.

Hi,

I ever got Fuel in yesterday. Too many doctors appointments. I saw my Rheumatologist yesterday, my knees are so swollen again and very painful. Probably the worst pain I ever experienced in my knees. He drained both my knees and I got steroids injections in both to relieve the swelling. My knees are sore. I am trying to hold off as long as I can handle the pain to get both knees replaced. My Rheumatologist disgusted surgery eventually. I saw my DH's surgeon a few month back, he recommended I get surgery when I can't handle the pain anymore. As long as the shots help, I try to avoid surgery. All my joints are hurting lately. My Rheum wants me to go back to PT. My hips, shoulder, knees and ankle are really causing me a lot of pain lately. I will set up my PT appointments on Monday. I also saw my Orthodontist. They rescanned my Invisalign. Did I mention, my Orthodontist have their own Starbucks in the office? Every time I am down they remind me to threat myself from Starbucks. It's all free to patients. I usually don't buy or get Starbucks unless I am in DC and DD get's us something.

Today I walked and did Fuel Day 9 FB. Knees are still sore but feel a lot better already.

I am driving to DC to watch DD's dog Cooper. DH and I will stay overnight. Sorry, I got a run.

This morning I did Penny Full Body Strength. One of my favorite strength vids of hers. 1 hour. 6 circuits, alternating a circuit of lower, then upper and abs. Each circuit 2x. 45 sec work/15 sec rest. Every muscle hit.

Belinda, hope the injections help. My husband is getting close to needing a knee replacement but he also refuses to have surgery until the pain is intolerable We'll see how long that lasts..

Cathe has the 1st pic up. I like that she's keeping the backgrounders a mystery. Ha! More conversation for the obsessed ones.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Cam, nice job today. I will hold out as long as I can. My Rheum also said as long as you don't get this shots every 3 month, it's ok as long as I can handle the pain. My pain tolerance is pretty high. How many years is your DH having problems with his knees. I believe, I am almost at the 4 or 5 year mark. Started out when I still was running.

Jolie - nice job today. It's cooling down here. It dropped into the into the 40's.

I gotta run.

Outdoor bike ride today- about 12 miles with some hills. I got my rower today and got it assembled. Its pretty compact and fits nicely into a corner of my basement- I'll pull it out when I want to use it. I could also fold the rowing deck up if I want but that seems like it might be a pain. I'll try it tomorrow (maybe)

I am late getting here. Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics 67 minutes, 304 calories, heart rate 121/144, 5,586 steps. I followed this with CDorner Mobility stretch adding some upper from one workout and doing a 20 minute one that was mostly lower body. Total time was 36 minutes, heart rate 85/111, 71 calories. Total time was 103 minutes, 375 calories, 5,713 steps. I also did the upper body of Chris latest total body foam roller. It helps those knots. I really had a knot on my upper left side of my back. I was afraid to do the raw back workout I have been wanting to do. Maybe Monday.

Jolie, great job with Beast Back and Les Mills Core Step. Good idea doing the rower instead of barbell rows.
Belinda, I am amazed you get all of the workouts and walking in that you do when your knees swell like that. I remember when they gave me steroid injections in my shoulder and when I was seeing my primary she was on the fence about giving me a steroid for something else. She did do it though as she figured it was 3 months it would probably be okay. I cannot remember what she gave it to me for though. That is cool that they have Starbucks in your dentist office. I finally got an appointment for mine set up. Now I need to get my eyes checked so I can get some decent reader/bifocals. Good job with Fuel FB. Enjoy your trip to stay with Cooper. My brother had one knee replacement but does not have insurance for the other one so he has been dealing with the pain for quite a lot of years and the injections do not even do much anymore.

Cam, great job with Penny full body strength. I guess most of us wait as long as possible to jump into surgery.

Doreen, I am glad you got your rower. I hope that you like it. Nice work on the outdoor ride today.

Today I went for a long dog walk and it was so beautiful outside, but it will be getting hotter as the week progresses. I have decide to take an active recovery week going forward, I am very sore and tired from the Body Beast workouts and I think I need to recover before moving ahead in the program. I have not taken an active recovery week since February, when I hurt my back and that sidelined me for 3 weeks. I think I will get more out of the program if I have more energy. Also, the back workout yesterday irritated my shoulder and sleeping was difficult last night. I have a lump on my chest where the issue starts, close to my collar bone and it gets bigger if I irritate it with lifting weights. I put DMSO on it last night and it helped a lot with the pain and the inflammation. Since it will be very hot this week, this is the perfect time for some rest.

Cam, great job on the workout yesterday! Do you do step workouts? If so, are there any easier one's that you can suggest for me to try? Maybe I will do Cathe's high step workouts if I get bored this week. Oh, remember Boot Camp! Something like that might be fun and different to try.

Diane Sue, nice job getting the workout in yesterday. Same question for you, are there any easier step workouts that you can suggest for me to try this week with no dancy moves. I like more Yvette style workouts than the Cathe type of step workouts.

Belinda, the doctors make the patients wait as long as possible because replacements only last so long and then they need to be redone. My dad's doctor said they hate to do anything before 70 years old due to possible replacement issues. Everyone I know that has had their knees replaced said to hold off as long as possible because they never feel as good as your original knee. But I am sure everyone is different. I know hip replacements are much easier to recover from.

Doreen, I can't wait to hear what you think of your rower! I did mine yesterday and my body is sore today, especially my legs and forearms.

Make it a wonderful Sunday!

Hi,

I am home. We took the dogs for a long walk this morning. DD has a very nice bike/walking trail near by. I also did FUEL Series 30 Min HARD 'N HIGHER Intensity Workout | Day 10. I love her workouts.

Diane - LOL, it amazes me too when I do all those workouts and walking. Believe it or not, if I sit too long my knees hurt worst. You shouldn't get steroids injections every 3 month. The afraid of the side effects it can cause. My Ortho has it's own Starbucks not my dentist ( I wished). It's cool. The have it set up in-between privates treating rooms. If you remember the mess I had with my old one. I went with the best in the area. I have to agree, they are the best. I hope you get your eye appointment soon. I have a follow up appointment with my eye coming up soon. I still have a lot of pressure in my eyes. Sorry about your brothers insurance. I hope he can figure it out. Eventually the injections won't work anymore.

Jolie - my husband had a knee replacement 2 years ago and a hip replacement at 49. If you can't walk you have no choice but to get it done. My husband served the military for 32 years, lots of wear and tear. My friend is only in her 40 and she had a hip replacement done. She also has RP. I think the knee replacements only last 10 years, if you are carful and don't workout it will last longer, lol. Everyone is different. Great job on your workout.

Is anyone excited for Cathe's new STS? She is filming this weekend and posting pictures on FB. Looks pretty good.

Have a great weekend. everyone

Checking in with CDorner 45 min No Repeat Hiit. It was fun and not too tough. She had some creative moves and balanced it well, so you weren't struggling to catch your breath. I wanted to do one of her step workouts but I shouldn't push it or I know I will regret it.

Belinda, his knee has been a problem for the last 3 yrs. But he isn't in constant pain. The 10 year life span of the replacement makes him want to hold off. Yes, you have a high pain tolerance. Good workout with Fuel. Is Caroline coming back? It's been awhile. Maybe she's waiting until the New Year?? I always think, how many weight workouts can you create, before it resembles the previous ones?

Jolie, CDorner has a lot of different type of step workouts. You would like her Step Hiit or her basic step. Check out her playlists. She has a ton of step. They are fun too. I like Cathe's Strong & Sweaty BC and ICE BC too. I still do High Step Challenge. I really like the weight work in that one.

Diane, you do long workouts and a lot of step. Glad it doesn't bother your joints at all. I can't do step more than twice per month or my tendons and knees hurt. Probably my neck too, so I can't push it. I can do step Hiit though.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Today was a rest day. We went out and filled our gas tanks and got dinner.

Jolie, Kelly Coffey step workouts are not complicated and generally have some of her step boxing in them.
I love CDorners. There is a variety of different step workouts. She has a lot of them. Not a lot of jumping unless it is Hiit. The Basic step ones do not usually have a lot of choreography. If you go to her page and click on it on youtube she has a step workout section where you can look at them. The ones she does on Saturdays are usually an hour and have a learning curve to them. The one I did this Saturday had mambos and turns. Advanced usually is more challenging as far as the moves. Have you done step on Les Mills? I have a step workout in my Les Mills Pump set. It is not dancy, but does have some impact to it. They have 3 different people showing different options.

Cam, Some of Chris' Hiit workouts are not too bad and some she throws in a lot of down to the floor or thrusts and I don't like having to come up with something to replace some of the moves in. Her vertical step cardio hiit with1 dumbbell was not bad, but there was a thruster or options for one move in the round. I never notice step affecting my neck. It is boxing and jumping that bothers my neck. My knees are okay unless I do step a lot of days in a row. I do keep it to one riser ever since I had a torn miniscus. I have always loved step workouts. I think we just learn what we can and cannot do.

Belinda, that is funny as I must have read wrong as I was thinking it was odd that you would go to a dentist and then get coffee, particularly if you just had your teeth cleaned LOL. The ortho makes more sense. Fortunately, over the years I think I have only had a steroid injection 3 times and a couple of times with sinus and allergies which was the prednisone. With my neck I am doing all I can to avoid the injection in my neck. He called that an epidural and I am just going to do all I can to avoid it. I hurt way more if I sit around for hours or ride in a car in one position. I need to move.

My dh and I watched both Top Gun movies last night. Loved them both. Of course I've seen the 1st one several times, but it was nice to watch it again. Tom is looking pretty good at 60, not much change other than some wrinkles that always seem to look good on men. I feel so bad for Val Kilmer, I guess he has esphogus cancer. He made an appearance but wow, he doesn't look at all like he did with the first Top Gun.

Today I did Kelly's RAW Kickbox Contouring which I haven't done since 2020. Not sure why, it's a great workout. It's tough but fun.

Each drill was 1 minute but they end up being 1 minute 10 second drills

Boxing Drill - 2# dumbbells
Kickbox Drill - Front Knee/Kicks

Alternate Push/Press: 12's
Alternate Lunges: 12#

Kickbox Drill - Side Kicks

Hammer Curls: 12's
Scales: 12's

Kickbox Drill - Back Kicks

Bent Rows: 12's
Goblet Squats: 12#

Kickbox Drill - Knee Circle/Crescent

Chest Flies: 12's
Skull Crushers/Situps: 8's

Boxing Finisher - 2# dumbbells
Pulse Squats - 2# dumbbells
Boxing Finisher - 2# dumbbells

Fun stuff, I need to do this one more often. Kelly used 15's for the weighted parts but I didn't want to tax my shoulders that much. Workout was 46 minutes, burned 317 calories, did 2165 steps and HR was 125/160. The last time I did this was March of 2020 and my stats are almost identical. I had a Fitbit back then, too. Weird! Steps were off by 1000 though. I did 3134 with the FB and 2165 with the Garmin.

Jolie - Great workouts this weekend, hope your shoulder is ok today. I sure hope you don't have fires anymore this year, that is so crazy. There is a lot of weather destruction going on right now with hurricanes. I pray for FL. Scary stuff!!! We are lucky in little Ohio, we haven't had destructive weather and usually don't. Other than tornados, which in my area has only happened once since I've been alive, we have been lucky. Snow can get bad, though, but even that hasn't been horrible in some years. We are due!!

Diane - I may have to check out the Whole Foods on Amazon but I have a feeling it's probably expensive. Of course everything is expensive right now - thanks Biden. Gas is going up again even thought supposedly oil is cheap right now. What on earth is going on? Great workout this weekend, I will try Cdorners kickboxing workout sometime this week. Sounds like a fun one.

Belinda - I am so sorry you are having so many issues again. I honestly don't know how you work out with knee issues. I had a heck of time with mine and the pain wasn't constant, just when I did steps or high impact. You are a true warrior keeping up with your workouts the way you do!! I hope the steroid injection is helping.

Cam - Where are the new pics of the new workouts on Cathe's website? Great job with you workouts this weekend!

Well, gotta get to work. Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning,

Walk and Fuel Week 3 Day 11 LB is done.

Diane - yeah, I wish my dentist had a Starbucks :) I always forget about my Ortho, they always remind me to threat myself to something good. They also have water bottles and snacks. My Ortho is really amazing, they give and supply me with everything I need. Unlike my old Ortho. I hear you on the injections in the neck. That sounds painful. Never had one in the neck. Thank goodness. I always have to move or the pain gets worst.

Debbie - thank you! You are so sweet. My knees are doing a lot better since I got the injections. Hopefully it will last a long time before I need another. Eventually I need to get surgery. Like I said, I am holding out as long as I can. I told my Rheum on Friday, I will get surgery if I start crawling on the floor, lol. I don't do high impact anymore. Last time I saw the surgeon, he showed me modifications so I don't aggravate my knees too much. Which is helping a little. They still want me to workout as long as I can handle the pain. I also feel somewhat normal when I workout. Cathe posted updates on FB about the new STS. Looks very good so far. I probably will get them.

Cam - I totally agree with your husband. The surgery isn't something to sneeze about. My husband waited until he couldn't walk and the surgeon made him get the surgery. I have no idea what is up with Caroline? I hope she is coming back eventually. Maybe she is planning something big? One can dream.

Great job, everyone.

Cathe started filming this weekend. Here are a few pictures she posted :

Today I woke up with a call from my neighbor down the street, she told me our friend and a neighbor as well died from her battle with Ovarian Cancer. I less than six months of being diagnosed, she is gone. I am in a funk, no workout, just a dog walk. Great job with the workouts yesterday and today. I am taking tomorrow off as well just to give my body a break and then on Wednesday I will do some sort of workout, not lifting, walking or some sort of cardio.

Make it a great day.

Today I did CDorner Cardio Step Aerobics that she did today, 35 minutes, heart rate 123/154, 173 calories, 3,492 steps. This one she said she used from a Basic Step she recently did, but changed it to be more intermediate. There was some cha chas in it. I liked it. She was discussing why she does not give a calorie burn for workouts because everyone is different. They compared burns today. She says she is 5'4 and over 140lb. She said when she goes to the doctor and they weigh her they give her a look like, what? She said bmi is not right and I agree there. She does not look like she weighs that much. I then did Cathe Pyramid Pump Back bonus 10 minutes and finished with CDorner new morning stretch which is filmed on the beach and she does voice over as she does not talk, I suppose because of the sound of the beach and waves in the background. Nice little stretch though for 11 minutes, 19 calories. Total time was 56 minutes, 222 calories.
I have had that crazy knot in my left trap area for several days now. I sure wish it would quit.
Pyramid Pump Back (I went light)
pullover 5'sx12; 8's x10; 10"s x 8; 8's x 10; 5's x 12
1 arm back fly right 5# x 12; 8# x 10; 10# x 8; 8# x 10; 5# 12
1 arm back fly left 5# x 12; 8# x 10; 10# x 8; 8# x 10; 5# 12
pyramid this for 3 rounds

Debbie, nice workout today. Kelly still has not put up another workout. I was trying to avoid dead lifts this morning because of my low back. Pullovers I did not go far back and stayed light. Interesting comparing past times you have done these workouts. It really does depend on what you buy from Whole Foods. I do buy expensive items a lot. I can get some things like Applegate farms hot dogs ane corn dogs for my husband from Walmart. I wish they carried more of the Primal Kitchen dressings, sauces and that sort of time. Although those items are expensive either place. I get them for my husband. Mostly I buy organic meats and and fruits and vegetables from Whole Foods along with Health Aid Kombucha if it is on sale and Chameleon cold brew coffee in a glass bottle. The delivery and tip adds to it and that is why I have went to doing it one time a month.

Belinda, nice work on Fuel day lower body today. Thank you for posting those pictures from filming. Looks like it will be a good weight workout series.

Jolie, I am sorry that your neighbor died from breast cancer. It sure is a terrible disease. I don't blame you for not working out. I have a hard time doing a workout when something like that is on my mind.

I did a total body workout on ifit this morning and then a short beginner rowing workout. I didn't want to over do it on my first attempt until I can get form and movement down but I think it feels good. I think the tension feels ok - I have at 10 and can go up to 16. That was most people's comments - that the tension wasn't high enough for a good workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.