Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2020

Good Morning,

I haven’t worked out at all just not feeling it anymore. I am fighting a heel issue unable to put a lot of pressure on it really need to try the spin bike and see if that irritates it. Work has gotten even worse one of our full time techs quit because the boss wrote him up he is 23 what is up with the kids today? Having pain on the right side of my mouth dentist says my wisdom teeth need to come out and the soonest I can get in to the oral surgeon is November 24th and that’s just a consultation. My DH bought a camper so we are now trul lake people.

Debbie-I bought a pair of Ghost Brooks and ASICS Kyanos and neither one of them have helped.

Doreen-did you switch coaches or get mine to work?

Jolie-we live in the heart of town and have coyotes running around in our neighborhood but we also have a lot of rabbits they ate all our flowers and have now started chewing on our cable lines.

Reactions: WD
Thanks guys - I'll start with oatmeal for breakfasts now - that's easy to do!

I signed up for BOD 14 day trial. I did half of Day One of 80DO and then did half of Morning Meltdown 100 - Upper body just to get a feel for the programs. 80DO Autumn took a long time to explain moves which I hope would decrease as the program moves on. I know both programs are set to be progressively harder as they go along.

I did like the music with MM100. I played my own with 80DO which is cumbersome because I can't get both audios through the same source. I may sample Lift4 and then see if I want to pick one to work through or just sprinkle them in as an option here an there. There are actually lots of programs in there that I have not done.

Welcome to my group I hope you enjoy the workout. Autumn has a new one coming out next month for VIPs and I believe March for everyone else.

Doreen-I have extremely high cholesterol and it just takes a few tweaks to your diet and exercising every day that helps. This time mine was high enough she put me on medication but I told her I wouldn’t take a statin.

Good evening,

I went for a 2.5 mile walk today. It was cold and windy.

I had a rough few day's. Sorry for no personals. I will try to catch up tomorrow.

Good night.

Hi everyone,

CL # 303 Boot Camp: Heavy Weights is done. Had to modify some of the impact on my rebounder. I also went lighter on the LB.

BBL!

Sorry I didn't post this morning, I am so busy at work. I hope to God our governor doesn't shut our state down again, it looks like it's heading that way. I have virtual Academic Challenge tomorrow and Wednesday, I hope I can at least get these events done.

My toe is much better, just a little sore but I can stretch and bend more now. I really wanted to do something this morning but bouncing around on my feet isn't something I want to do just yet. I decided to try using my Max Trainer and that worked well, no impact at all on my toe and my toe didn't bend while using it. I had a pretty good workout.

I did Max Climb 10 with Marc but I warmed up with GS Legs first. Workout was 19 minutes, burned 107 calories, went .46 miles and did 1206 steps. HR was 116/158.

Then I also walked on my treadmill for 22 minutes, burned 133 calories, went 1.08 miles and did 2524 steps. HR was 115/127.

Sorry, no time for personals. I have a lot to do before tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!!!

Today I started with Cardio and moved on to my own Shoulder workout. I am going to do this type of workout for the week, cardio each day and one body part per day. TM I walked for 30 minutes uphill, 8.0 incline, 3.1 speed and traveled 1.5 Miles ext I ran on my Elliptical for 11 minutes on Interval Mode, 2 minute intervals and traveled 1.1 miles. Next I did Shoulders and it felt so good to lift again, but at my pace with a 1 minute rest between sets. Total workout was 1 hour and I burned 621 calories. Average heart rate was 134 and max was 173.

Seated Overhead Should Press- 20's x 12, x 10, x 8

1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 12, x 10, x 8

Rear Flies- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8

Upright Rows- 12's x 12, x 10, x 8 ( need to go heavier next time )

Seated Front Raise 2 Arms- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8

Seated Overhead Press with BB- 30# x 12, x 10, x 8

I feel great!

Belinda, way to go on the CL workout today. I hope you are feeling better today. I might start Body Beast or STS again after Thanksgiving, I am not sure yet. I will be leaving out of town next Wed. so I dont want to start anything till I get back.

Roxie, I hope you heel feels better soon. I got a rowing machine and love it. No impact what so ever and it doesn't hurt any body part which is a miracle.

Roselyn, I want to do a new program after Thanksgiving, let me know what you plan on doing, maybe it will be something that i might want to do too!

Debbie and Diane Sue, I will check back later to read your posts for the day. I hope you both have great workouts.

85 degrees here today, no wonder why I was so motivated to get out and workout today!

Yes Roxie- I did get switched you have you as my coach!!

I haven't been on my computer all weekend but Saturday I went to Red Rock Canyon for a hour long bike ride.

Then Sunday weekend I did 10 Rounds - kinda weird to do an entire kb workout with 2 punches and not even switching sides!! I'll have to see what some of the other ones look like.

I also did Back and Biceps W1 LIFT 4 on Sunday - that's a good solid lifing workout.

This morning I did MM100 - Day 4 - Total body. Jerico really is a little bundle of energy! This was a fun workout to try some new moves and then I did 25 minutes of a Youtube step workout.

I keep seeing ads that encourage people to not wait until Black Friday to order any type of fitness equipment!!

Today I did Cathy Live #237 Step, Sweat, and Lift doing the cardio segment twice, 72 minutes, 282 calories, heart rate 112/163, 4,582 steps. This does cardio first the weights and the cardio and warm up is 25 minutes. I then did Perfect 30 flow mobility strength and extended stretch from Perfect 30, 18 minutes, heart rate 82/98, 20 calories, 22 steps. Total time was 90 minutes, 302 calories, 4,604 steps.
Saturday evening I was cooking lemon pie filling and I don't know if I was just over using my arms, but stirring that filling while cooking it got so painful , I became nauseated and dizzy. It hurt so bad and I tried holding ice pack in one hand while stirring and it suddenly felt like a cross between a brain freeze and nerve pain shooting up my neck. Needless to say, I skipped the final pie I was going to do after that one. I had to lie down and take Advil and get back to clean up and prep for Sunday dinner. I hope that does not happen often. I feel much better today.

Cardio Step and Sweat cathe live #237
step cardio and warm up 25 minutes
weights 8,10,12,15#

Squats 15# dbs
Press 12# dbs 10 reps ( I switched to upright rows)
combined squat/curl/press10# dbs

sumo 15# db
snatches 8-10# db I used 8
sumo/snatch/jack (I still reverted to upright rows over snatches )

reverse lunge 12# dbs I used 15's
sweeper curls 15# dbs 10 reps
alternating curls with lunge and sweeper curls with lunge 10# dbs

push press 10# dbs
overhead triceps extension 12# dbs 8 reps
8# dbs squat to overhead and triceps extensions

deadlifts 15# dbs
hip hugger 15# dbs
combo deadlift/hip hugger 15# dbs

bear crawl position walk out plank
push up 2 ct and single
both walk out plank and push up

superman
reverse crunch

Roxie, I refuse taking the Statin too. I have some. The thing is I do not have high cholesterol. I have some artery plaque they saw when I did a heart ct. Everything is good except that. It is probably from the way the RA handles fats so I am working on that. I will see how my physical goes and my heart doctor visit in January.

Belinda, I hope that you are doing better. Nice that you got in the workout this morning and walk regardless of the cold.

Debbie, I swear all these shut downs are not making things better in my opinion. A lot of schools had opened here to smaller classes and less days along with virtual. Now they are shutting down again from what I hear. So I bet my grandchildren are going to be doing virtual school much longer. I swear more people are running around with masks on and if they really work we should be much better off. I am glad your toe is feeling better. I know you will take it easy on it.

Jolie, nice workout that you have planned. I like working individual body parts.

Doreen, nice workouts. I like all of the workouts that I have that have Jericho in them. I remember seeing the ones with Jericho in them and thought I would probably like them.

Roselyn, nice work with Body Beast.

This morning I start The Work - PUll Day of Week 1 the non-explicit version - But I really wasn't into the trainer so I stopped and did 80DO AAA#4. Band work, ab work and arms - a 2x15 she calls it.

Good morning,

CL 294 Touch Up Training: TB is done. Friday is the Cathe visual RT.

Debbie - good luck with your visual meetings on Wednesday. I hear you on the shut down. People are already freaking out. People pilling up again.

Jolie - I may join you when you get back if you decide to do STS. I usually do a round each year, skipped it last year.

Diane - thank you! The weather isn't helping.It's still very cold and windy. Great job yesterday.

Roselyn. - nice job yesterday.

Roxie - good to know you are a BB coach. Hope you feel better soon.

Doreen - how. you like BBO so far?

Have a great day everyone.

Today I did not do cardio, my right knee is sore so I just skipped it to give it a rest. I did Biceps and Triceps and had a fantastic workout. My arms are so pumped right now, I love it! :) Workout was 3 sets per exercise with a 1 minute rest in between sets. Workout was 45 minutes, including the warm up, I did the warm up for Cathe's PHA Barbell workout. I burned 243 calories and heart rate was 114/163.

My dad is going into surgery on Wed, to have his hip replacement replaced on one side, it slipped 1 inch and now it has to be redone with a different kind of hip with different materials. This will be #3 surgeries for these hips! He is 88 years old so the recovery should be a little rough but he knows the drill. Please keep him in your prayers.

Biceps and Triceps, All exercises are x 12, x 10, x 8 except for the Burn Sets at the end which I went To Failure.

Seated Bicep Curls- 15's
Seated Hammer Curls- 15's
Seated Hammer Curl with a twist- 15's
W Curls- 12's
BB 21's - 25# BB

Triceps Lying Ext.- 15's
Lying Cross Body Ext.- 12#
Seated Triceps Overhead ext.- 12's
Kickbacks 2 arms- 10's

Burn Sets to failure

Alternating Bicep Curls- 12's x 26 each side
BB Curls- 25# BB x 30
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 18
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 21

I love this pace, it is like STS Meso 2, it just works for me. I can focus on form and lift heavier and safely.

Debbie, I hope you get to workout today. Good luck with everything at your job, I know shut downs are coming even though they have proved that they spread the virus instead of stopping the spread of the virus.
Belinda, nice job on the workout today. I always love STS, it is my favorite program. When we did it this last spring or summer I added the rowing in between sets and really got a great calorie burn. We should do it again. Do you have Body Beast?

Doreen, I hate when I start a workout and I dont like the instructor, that is why I always workout with either Cathe, Sagi, or Les Mills Body Combat instructors.

Diane Sue, wow the pie issue! I hope it was good :) Nice workout yesterday. I am going to get my hair done on Thursday before the salons are shut down again.

Roxie, I hope you had a great workout.

Roselyn, Lets subscribe to Beach Body and try something new. I just cant do any high impact workouts anymore.

Make it a wonderful day.

So I had one school district drop out of my Academic Challenge that was this morning so I had to work on stuff last night until about 10. I was so tired when I went to bed. When a district drops out, I have to change the rotation schedule and that changes EVERYTHING. But I got it done and the challenge went beautifully today, not one problem. Today was for Grade 7 & 8 and tomorrow is for Grade 5 & 6.

I had to go in early so I only walked on my treadmill for a half hour. Workout was 28 minutes, burned 179 calories, went 1.32 miles and did 3254 steps. HR was 116/127. I was going to lift weights this morning but had to get to work early. I'm starting to feel really good with my toe, shoulder and elbow that maybe lifting too soon won't be good anyways. Maybe I should just get through this week with cardio and then get back to weights next week. I honestly don't miss it much. I'm enjoying cardio so much more these days.

Again, no time for personals. I'm sorry. I have so much to get done for tomorrow. I'll catch up with everyone after tomorrow. Have a great day!!

No workout today. I started school with my grandson, then went to my Christian ladies game day gathering. There was 9 of us. It was nice as we have not been able to do this for awhile. We are making plans to put together gift baskets for our two elderly ladies that have been shut in through this whole virus situation for health reasons. It was nice to get out for awhile away from school and sitting around the house.

Doreen, I have been bad about pulling out workouts and not feeling into them so going on to something else.

Belinda, I still have not tried one of the touch up workouts yet. The cold weather with wind would be a problem. We have had some colder windy days here. I imagine the wind would bother your ears.

Debbie, that is too bad that one district canceled. I am glad it went great for you anyway. Nice that you were able to get in something this morning. It is probably best to let those body parts rest and recover a bit. I felt the day off was probably good for me today.

Jolie, nice work today on Biceps and Triceps. I will be praying for your Dad. It takes a lot more time for the body to recover.

This morning I did Morning Meltdown #27 & #29 which was a lower body and meltcon. I liked them stacked together like that - just skipped the cooldown of one and the warm up of the other.

I've just been trying out the different programs/trainers on BBOD - I haven't decided if I want to follow a program yet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.