Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2020

Today I ended up doing CL# 304 Burn Sets, Biceps and Triceps and had a fantastic workout. I did the same weights as Cathe, except for the standing overhead Triceps ext., Cathe used a 35# DB and I used 2 12# DB's. My arms are pumped! :) I didnt wear my FitBit so I have no idea about the calorie burn.

I want to get a new fitness tracker watch for Christmas, I have a Fitbit now but I am thinking about getting the Apple watch or maybe a Garmen. I have had a lot of issues with my last 2 Fitbits so I do not want to get another one this time. Do any of you have an iwatch or a Garmen. Please give my your feedback. Thanks

Belinda, nice workout today! I think I will be starting STS next week and when I get to Meso 2, I will be incorporating my rowing machine in on the break segments to get some calorie burn. What are you going to do? I bought a new tv so I am ready to go! I hate using my laptop, the screen is too small and the speakers are not that good either.

BBL to read your posts.

No workout today. I went for my doctors appointment and felt so drained by the time I got home. I had a cup of coffee and RX bar and was still tired( 5 hours sleep) so I went upstairs and laid down and napped for a bit. I feel better. Sore through the neck and shoulders today. That boxing workout was a bit long for me and intense even though I used care. Although I did manage to not get the knot in my shoulder blade and upper back area. Maybe doing the mobility work afterward helped some. I am making a peach pie and pumpkin tonight. I will get up tomorrow and do a workout and make a pot of stew for my husband before I head to my daughters or Thanksgiving. I wish my husband didn't have to work and he is probably going to be working family Christmas as well. We made it on the weekend before Christmas so everyone could be there, but someone decided to quit work so now the ones left have to fill in the spot. It takes a long time to hire someone and get all of the background checks done. I am bummed.
I got my flu shot today and my shoulder is sore. My doctor says that I have a strong heart beat. I guess that is good? She was asking about my next arthritis appointment and said she has hers next Thursday morning so will just miss me as mine is Wednesday morning. I tried to get it switched to this week while I was not doing school, but no such luck. They ask some weird questions now on there work up. Like am I satisfied with my retirement experience, about happiness with my marriage. What does that have to do with my medical workout. I do not like that stuff being put into the computer system. Next time I will just decline to answer. Then it will probably all be negative. New questions added about whether I use marijuana or other drugs being legalized. Sheeesh!! Can't wait to go to the arthritis center and fill out another part of my book.

On moving, my husband has been wanting to move closer to the turnpike that takes him to work to avoid street traffic for some time. Also he would like to get away from us having an upstairs. This is not my choice at our age and knowing things could change soon. Easy sales around here right now, but finding a house we like and getting it before someone else may take a bit more time. Timing is lousy with all that is going on, but interest is at an all time low. So, I don't want to do this, and have mixed feelings. Here we pay a small 40 dollar a month HOA and they mow the front which is nice and back is easy as it is really small. The stairs and small garage for things is a bit of a draw back. But, a lot of elderly, at least till recently. The elderly around us have been passing away and there are some younger families moving in. I doubt the stay long as most of the duplexes (ours is not attached) are two bedroom.

Debbie, my Fitbit does that too. It will be going along good and suddenly as my heart rate gets up there it goes to somewhere around 85 and I get so frustrated. Then I am moving my watch around and the same thing happens as it did for you. It goes up. It does not always stay up. Sometimes I want to rip it off and throw it across the room. But, I don't:rolleyes:. I like the features that Fitbit has, but I sure do not appreciate the heart rate thing sometimes. Also sometimes it is way off on the read out after I finish a workout and check the app as to what my average heart rate seemed to be every time I looked at my watch. My heart rate rarely gets much over 160. I did like that Kickboxing work out. I remember doing it once before as you would think she is done after the kickboxing then heavy bag but then goes back to more kickboxing. It probably is a bit much till you are sure you are ready for it.
Those sites are all biased. My brother was on what my sister in law called facebook jail for 30 days. They block Prager U from posting about election results. I am using the Parler a bit for following stuff. I think people have gotten so hateful and want anything they do not like censored. My brother joined a Christian Bible group and they have had trouble makers drop in. Why don't the go join their own type of groups anyway and leave people alone! I wondered that with Kelly as some things were taken off and she seems to have limited posts till now and said she was glad facebook let her back on after being hacked or something. Enjoy your Thanksgiving:)

Belinda, we have lived here in this house for 6 years. We have done lots of remodeling. Nice work on getting in the walk and SB Barre workout.

Jolie, I bet you are scrambling for tomorrow. I went to Sprouts Monday for a few things and was so surprised how terribly busy that they were. There was lines at the register and I had to go around aisles. I don't think I have ever been in there when they were that busy. I thought going on a weekday during the day would be a good time. I could still use a trip to the Dollar General, but will save it to maybe Friday except that is when the photographer is coming for our house pictures. LOL on being cold when it is in the 50's. That has been our high lately. When I go outside I put on a fleece hoodie or something in the morning and sometimes where one till I get started working out I get it though. Winter is when I dread getting started because it is so cold. I try to set the furnace to cut in a bit before I go upstairs. My son spends a lot of time in his garage and has an air conditioner sitting on his counter to cool and he has a heater. We gave away one we used to use in our man cave room that was always cold. I sometimes have wished we still had it as the sun room is like an icebox in the winter as is our bedroom. We bought an electric blanket last year so we would not be cold when sleeping.

Happy Thanksgivino,

I haven’t worked out had 3 wisdom teeth removed Friday so not allowed to exert myself and I have to eat soft foods for two week. I have lost 2 & 1/2lbs since then because I am leaving on yogurt, applesauce and pudding.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness dvd premix cardio with abs, 164 calories, heart rate 113/168, 3,167 steps,39 minutes. I am not sure how accurate that was as when I went to check the app my internet was off. It did not seem right because when I finished the final cardio segment and was breathing hard it said 87. I then did Cathe Live 323 legs express, 36 minutes, 116 calories, heart rate 105/133, 1,486 steps. I finished off with Perfect 30 extended stretch, 8 minutes, 12 calories. Total time was 83 minutes, 292 calories, 4,676 steps. I need to get my husbands dinner ready and lunch for work so I can go to my daughter's house.
Cathe Live Legs Express # 323 10,12,15# dbs, mat, and stability ball 36 minutes
warm up 7 minutes
lateral walk with 10's 4 left and 4 right steps
static lunge 15's 16 reps each
side to side sumo and pivot sumo 4 each 15# db
reverse lunge pulses 3 sets repeat other leg 15# dbs
squats 15# dbs 16 reps and deadlifts 15# dbs 16 reps repeat
forward back lunges 10# dbs 10 reps each leg
side lunge stand 15# db 12 reps each leg
wide stance deadlift 15# dbs and crossback lunge 8# dbs repeat
alternating front lunge 12# dbs 16 reps
sumo march turning 15# db
alternating rear lunge 12# dbs 16 reps
repeat sumos turning opposite direction 15# db
@ 24 minutes no weights get mat and stability ball
hamstring roll ins
ball toss and catch
ball squeezes
outer thigh lifts and circles
@ 33 minutes stretch using the ball

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Have a blessed day enjoying the things God has given!

Today I did another fun bootcamp workout, I am becoming obsessed with these types of workouts. I did CL #315 - Cardio Boxing Bootcamp. It had 6 circuits, did a kickboxing cardio segment, did some upper body and leg exercises with light dumbbells and the band. Some of the band work was a bit much for my upper back, I did what I could. Fun stuff, though.

Workout was 56 minutes, burned 381 calories (holy cow!!!), did 4181 steps and HR was 129/185.

I needed that after all the food I ate yesterday. We had a nice day with my mom. Her leg is hurting her, she is limping but won't tell us what she did to it. She just keeps saying "I'm 83, things are going to start hurthing." Whatever. I think she fell and is afraid to tell us. She knows I will take her to the doctors to get an xray. I get it, it sucks to go to the doctors, but maybe he can tell her what is wrong. So frustrating when they get this age. I really worry about her living alone in that big house. She has stairs to the basement where she washes her clothes and stairs to the only bathroom she has in that stupid house. She won't hear about leaving that place.

I don't have time for personals, I need to get some grocery shopping done and I have to mop my dining room floor, it is a disaster. So that is my day.

Have a great Black Friday, everyone!!!

Good morning,

I did SBF UB Circuit and Mind Body Glutes. Workout time was 51 min.

I will go for a walk later.

Jolie - my CL subscriptions runs out the end of the month. I will probably do another round of STS with you. My son hocked up an HDM cable to my TV. Now I can stream all my workouts from my laptop to the TV screen. What a game changer. Not sure, why I haven't done this before, lol?

Roselyn - so sorry (((HUGS)))

Debbie - hope you had a fantastic and relaxing day yesterday.

Roxy - feel better soon.

Diane - I did the Leg Express a few day's ago, I am still sore. Great job.

What did you all for Black Friday? Any DVD's/subscriptons/ equipments? I am still holding out until Monday. BBL!

Reactions: WD
Today I had a great workout with my son who is home for the day. We did Upper Body Circuit and then did some fun exercises he showed me that he does in football weight training. We did not do ABS because my low back just got adjusted and I still need some time off from that today. We did 3 rounds of the Upper Body Circuit, each set was X 12 reps. Then I did KCM Shape Up Shoulders segment and boy was that a burner, 8 rounds of overhead press in a tabata style. Total workout was 40 minutes and I burned 301 calories. We talked a lot so it was not a hard core workout but I will be feeling it tomorrow.

4 Rounds
Chest Press- 25's x 12
Wide Grip Cable Pull Downs- 60# x 12
Seated Overhead Shoulder Press- 17's x 12
Seated Traditional Bicep Curls- 17's x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 15's x 12

Shape Up Shoulder Presses

Debbie, I am so glad you had a great holiday with your mom, my parents spent the day by themselves. I want to try some Bootcamp workouts with you on my cardio days while doing STS. I will just lift lite weights. Nice workout today and that is a high calorie burn for you :)

Belinda, I hook my laptop up to my tv too, now that I got a new one. I had to put it on top of my fridge in the garage, it is the only place I could find to put it. It works there pretty good since it is right where my benches are. Nice workout today, and lets have fun with STS. I wont do Meso 3 because I dont want to lift that heavy anymore.

Roselyn, I am glad you had a great holiday and that was nice that you lit a candle for your dad.

BBL to read your post for the day.. My son and I are going out to lunch he leaves tomorrow. I did not over eat yesterday, I only had some crab dip and a salad. I cooked all day for my husband and sons. I hate Thanksgiving food, i just like the holiday. Who cares what you eat, I typically get sushi take out for myself :)

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did Cathe Step Blast, 60 minutes, 300 calories, heart rate 120/157, 5,677 steps. I added a bit to it to get 300 calories as the workout length is 55 minutes :) This was a lot of fun,going back to one of the older workouts. I did have to be careful on some of the quick turns because there was a point where my right knee hurt. It let up after I modified some of the turns and twists back and forth across the step.
I then did Perfect 30 Yoga Flow Strength and Flexibility stretch timesacer, 21 minutes, 28 calories, 88 steps. Total time was 81 minutes, 328 calories, 5,765 steps.
I need to go to the store. I am trying to decide if I should wait till tomorrow instead of Black Friday. Wonder if the Dollar General will be busy:p I will come back and read posts in awhile.

I decided to not go to the store today. I will see how I feel another day or I will just order stuff and have it delivered. I need to get school stuff together as much as possible for next week.

Debbie, nice work, you got good results today with that workout. It is too bad your mother won't move to a single story home. I think when we get older we do not like change. My Dad had steep steps down into his basement for laundry as well. It used to worry me with him going down there. Then there was upstairs as well, but those stairs were carpeted. His wife got where she never went upstairs and they moved her things to the downstairs bedroom. She had had multiple surgeries and the last procedure they knew she might not make it. My mother was gone when she was younger than me. My Dad still used one of the upstairs bedrooms and had his computer and books all upstairs. If you could convince her to move to a single story it would be better, but maybe just too stressful for her. I don't know, I wish my dad had not had stairs, maybe he would still be here. He had a urinary track infection and was ill and got dizzy. How many years has she lived there? I think this is part of the reason my husband would like to move to a house with no stairs now as we approach 70. I do fine with stairs though at this point.

Belinda, great job on the workout today. I was not as sore with that leg workout as I was with a couple of other recent ones. But, then maybe my legs are getting stronger;) For black Friday, I stayed home and we did some touch up painting where I took down family pictures. Then the photographer came and took pictures of our house. I looked at the computer for more Christmas presents. Just could not think of anything for my 8 year old grandson who seems to have everything. These children now days seem to have about everything they could want. I think I need to buy a dirty santa gift for my husband's work Christmas party. I don't like choosing those things. I bet the grocery store will be a little slower for a couple of days anyway. I wonder if they will have anything left after the holiday dinner shopping. When I want to do one of the newest Cathe Live workouts I just unplug the hdmi from my blu-ray player and hook it to my laptop. I have a bit harder time doing that with school days though as I am using that laptop for my grandson's work. Otherwise I use the app with my fire tv stick. One advantage to using the laptop is you can see how many minutes the workout is and which point you are at. I cannot see any of that when using the app.

Jolie, nice work today. I bet it was fun working out with your son and him showing you what he does. I always liked Kelly's Shape Up. I used to do the mix that was just the all upper body tabata work. I think she skips triceps or something in that workout though. Although all of the arms get worked with some of the other moves. Good for you not overeating. I did not eat till dinner time and boy did I eat too much at one time. Then came home and had a piece of the peach pie heated up that I forgot to take. I did not feel well when I went to bed after all of that. I have done good today though.

Roselyn, nice work with Turbo Fire and Fire 30.

Hi everyone,

CL# 288 Hocked on PHA is done. I am starting STS next week. Have to modify the LB.

Diane - I agree, kids have everything these day's. Makes it hard to buy a gift. It's getting harder for us too figuring out what to buy for kids and DH. This year we decided that we will not buy a gift for everyone, we will pull a name and only buy a gift for that person instead of buying a DD, DD, DS and DIL. We haven't decided on the dollar amount yet? We only made a butterfly turkey. It's all gone. I use an HDMI cable on my TV to stream CL. Works for me. Good to know about the timing too. Had no idea you can't see the time with the apps.

Roselyn - great job with TF. Love those. Need to pull them out and mix them in with STS. Glad you joining STS with us next week.

Jolie - my son gave me his tv which has the fire stick. Still have no clue what to do with all that technology, lol. TV is bigger than my older one. Love it. What a game changer just plugging the laptop to my tv. Now I can see what's going on, lol. Yes, lets have fun with STS next week. Not sure what I will do with M3 legs? I can't lift that heavy with my knees either? I will see when I get there. The UB isn't a problem. I use my bench press.

Have a wonderful day and weekend.

No workout today, I had to get my son back on the road back to college. By the time that was finished I just didn't feel like working out. My knee is still sore, not sure what is causing this pain.

Great job on the workouts everyone, I will workout tomorrow. I went and got a heater today for my gym so that will make it nicer in the morning temp. wise.

Have a wonderful day.

I am so sore tonight. I did my workout and then went outside with the leaf vacuum to clean up leaves and sweep the walkway. I think every joint hurts.
Workout was Cathe Live #300 Meatabolic 300, 52 minutes, Fit bit was so off as heart rate was 115/205, 155 calories, 1,650 steps. I then did Cathe Live #237 Step Sweat and Lift step cardio portion only, 23 minutes, heart rate 118/139, 108 calories, 2,241 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw strength day 4 stretch stopping at the down dog segment, 25 minutes(I think it was close to the foam roller portion), heart rate 80/99, 23 calories, 17 steps. Total time was 1 hour 40 minutes, 286 calories, 3,908 steps. I shut the Fitbit down before starting and did the sync with my phone checking settings. I was hoping it would work better, but no such luck. Part of the time there was no reading at all. There was the one peak that it seemed to go to after blanking to adjust. Even the step intervals were lower than they should have been. They went up after I moved the watch around.

Live Metabolic #300, 49 steps , 30 exercises done as 110 reps Step with 3 risers and various weights
rear lunge/curl/press 10# dbs
sit curl/stand curl 10# dbs
sumo/side/hop 3 alternating
cross back lunge right/left/2 reps upright row 12# dbs
squat/press/ open/pull down10# dbs
push up/knee in
pull over /leg extension(suggested 15's or 20's) I used 10's
close grip bench press/bench press 15# dd (Cathe 20's)
1 arm tripod 20# db (I did most of these in the lunge stance rather than balancing)
squat/jump together/ press to overhead triceps extension 12# dbs
reverse lunge/curl/twist twice then repeat other side10# dbs
lunge/ knee up, lateral raise alternating5# dbs
side plan/adduction/delt raise 5# db each side counts as one of the 30 exercises
down dog triceps push ups
2 triceps dips leg extend and reach for toe alternating
core/biceps curls on mat 10# dbs
crossover push ups
sumo squat/deadlift 20# dbs
step back lunge/reverse fly 12# dbs
front lunge/ curl/ front raise15# db
side lunge alternating/ stand biceps curls hammer and front curl 12# dbs
single leg dead/side lateral raise 2x 5# dbs can use 8's
double arm row/hip hinge row 20# dbs
mat
monster walks
plank knee under/out/under alternating
bear crawl/ press
crab kicks without kicking out
hands and knees leg lift/partial tricep push up
short cardio finisher

Belinda, I put out a container with a lid and pieces of paper for each person when they came in to put their name in the box if they wanted to share in the gift exchange for Christmas. This takes care of all of the adults. The only one that did not do it was one of my two older granddaughter's boyfriend. I had already made up my mind to have some cards with cash in them just in case someone was not getting a gift. We all buy for the three young grandchildren. The last two years we had the adults bring gift cards and we did one of those games where you can keep your card or steal someone elses. Some of us did not care for that. What do you do when you get a gift card you will never use. Like for game stop. My son and husband wanted to do dirty Santa. I think there are going to be a couple of gag gifts it in there though, but along with a regular gift. LOL. We bought gifts for everyone for years, till the oldest grandchild got married and then they were turning into adults each year the next few years. It was awkward with different boyfriends or girlfriends that came along not wanting them left out. We generally have around 17 people when we get together. Anyway, I think we will have fun and should work out this year. I still have no clue for the 8 year grandson. We put our price at 25 dollars for the adults. We usually go over a bit, but the young ones need to not feel obligated to spend a lot that they do not have. It is so easy to just turn on fire tv and I have some of the Jessica Smith downloaded workouts, Cathe Live, and the Raw channel there. I just click on their app and pull up the workouts.

Roselyn, I have not visited To Lazy for the Gym website in quite awhile.

Jolie, I hope your knee stops hurting. My knee cap hurt yesterday on my right knee when I was doing the pivots and stuff on the Cathe Live step workout. That knee does not bother me often, but it is the one that showed the most arthritis in the x rays a couple of years ago. I always felt kind of bummed when family would leave after a nice visit.

Happy Sunday! Today I went ahead and started STS, Meso 1 Disc #1, Chest, Shoulders and Biceps and had a fantastic workout, actually I loved it! Cathe does an insane amount of pushups in this workout, I however substituted Chest Press or Chest Flies with either 20# DB's for Chest Press and 15# DB's for flies and boy was that effective. I just cant do pushups due to my right shoulder issue but the presses and flies were just as good. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 445 calories. My heart rate was 118/154. I am very excited to start this program, I love Cathe's older style workouts.

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday. Anytime I do yard work I am so sore the next day.

Belinda, I went a head and started STS today so I will be one day ahead of you but thats ok right? :) I have to go out today and buy some new bands, mine are so stretched out. Nice workout yesterday.

Roselyn, are you going to do STS or another program?

Make it a great day! 75 degrees here today :)

So- I haven't been near my computer since Wednesday!! Felt really good - I think I needed the break. Thanksgiving was fun - my sister and her family came over. They have 3 under age 5 and one more on the way.

I decided to sign up for RAW again to try the heavy bag workouts she just uploaded. And I couldn't resist an offer for Get Healthy U TV (Chris Freytag's) for $20 for the year!! So I'll check those out - there is a Kettlebell by Amy Dixon I saw in the workouts. If I can find a couple workouts I like that would be a win!

I took my daughter Christmas shopping this afternoon but we didn't have much luck. Not sure what to get anyone this year!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.