Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2020

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I got up early do do SBF D27 Upper Core (I ran out of time yesterday) and D28 Stretch.

I will be back later.

I am not sure if I will do anything today. I slept 5 hours and am dragging again. I am trying to change my arthritis appointment so I do not have two days that I need to go out during school this week. I am a bit concerned about the wait when voting Tuesday. The early voting at a church had reports of 5 hour waits. My daughter went and went back home deciding to try early Tuesday in hope of being done within two hours to get to work.

Good morning,

Today I did CL #302 Burn Sets: Back, Chest and Shoulders = 48 min. Had a great workout this morning.

I will be back later.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Perfect 30 HI Hiit - modifying on my rebounder and using a step to do burpees off of. It was a good workout - I burned a few less calories this time through. Then I added on a YT step workout by Kat - easy patters to follow and just getting some steps in but she had her twin sister doing the video with her and had picked some really fun music remixes for the sound track.

I can't believe it's November either!!! My goodness, where does the time go?

So the weekend was filled with work - leaf raking, cutting grass, giving out Halloween candy. I was really worried about my upper back Saturday because I raked a lot and push mowed my mom's front yard. It was burning and starting to hurt but I was ok after I sat and relaxed. Yesterday was an easy day, but spent a lot of time in the kitchen cooking for the week. I felt pretty good this morning so I decided to go ahead and to RAW Step #3, which of course, was all boxing moves. I really wish there some Kelly workouts that didn't incorporate boxing so much. I love it, but right now I don't want to do it. I did the punches very low impact and not full extension. The weight segments I used 8# dumbells and did not do the upper body moves, just the lower body ones. Great workout, I really enjoyed it. She needs to do step workouts that don't have boxing moves in them. Oh well, still loved the workout. I think I need to try her Cardio Crush ones, I think those are boxing free?

Workout was 44 minutes, burned 301 calories (holy moly), did 4885 steps and HR was 131/164.

Diane - My DH, mom and I did mail in ballots this year. My dh and I personally dropped them off at our polling center and I checked online and all three have been processed and counted. Ohio has a great voting system and I am very confident that all our votes will get tallied. Hope you can get your voting done without waiting in line for so long.

I'm sorry, I once again do not have time for personals. Been so busy at work. I'm hoping to catch up this evening. Great workouts everyone!!

Today I did Cathe Live #320 Hocus Pocus, 33 minutes as I wrote out the workout, 28 actual. Plus I had to apologize and snuggle my dog because I tried using a 5# bar for a broom and she came up behind me and I smacked her with it. I changed to just using a ball, but I didn't really need a prop. I burned 90 caloires, heart rate 95/137, 1,355 steps. They are so funny and the faces they have painted on their masks. Cathe was a hoot. I thne did Kelly Coffey Super Sculpt step and drills mix, 19 minutes, heart rate 124/150, 96 calories, using 2 # dumbbells, 1,697 steps. I also did Kelly's Box Fit workout #2, weights, 36 minutes, 79 calories, heart rate 90/139, 732 steps. This was 88 minutes, 265 calories, 3,784 steps. I also did Perfect 30 Mobility Stretch mix, 23 minutes (actual 20 as added a bit), 26 calories.
Hocus Pocus 28:51 minutes uses a broom and 10# dumbbells
w/up
cardio
curl/arnold press/hi hinge curls 10# dbs
halo and hop on toes (I think she does this in the low impact perfect 30)?
curl/press/triceps extensions done 8 times 10# dbs
broom overhead jacks
front raise alternating/hip hinge reverse fly 10# dbs
jumps swinge broom overhead and side to side
7 upright rows/hip hinge 6 kickbacks, 1 shrug repeated 4 times 10# dbs
twisters moving side to side with broom
single deadlift/bicep w curls then finishing with 12 reps w curls 10# dbs
jump shoot (I think Cathe said candle shoot, hard to hear with the mask on)
arm combo shrug/ curl /overhead/ out and down 10# dbs ( I did drop to 8# for part of this)
grave diggers holding broom
side bends holding 2 10# dbs 20 reps each
hocus pocus pop squats 32 reps
1 arm row holding 2 10's together 16 reps each
no stretch on this

Last edited:
Today I went a head and did it, a 4 mile walk around our loop where I live, 2 miles downhill and 2 miles up hill. The up hill is so steep I think it would be about a 13.0 incline on the Treadmill at least. I could barely breath and there is NO WAY that I could have had a conversation while walking, I thought I would die. I did the whole thing without stopping, I cant even believe it. Total workout time was 1 hour 22 minutes, and I burned 998 calories. Then when I came home I did yard work for another 1.5 hours and burned an additional 609 calories!!! I am dead and it is only 11am. 82 degrees here today, a very beautiful day in Southern California.

I went to a Trump Boat parade in Newport Beach yesterday and had the best time. So many yachts decorated with Trump flags and banners parading the harbor, it was amazing! CA is always a blue state but it would be awesome to flip it!!!

Debbie, nice job on the workout today. I am suffering with the same shoulder thing you are right now, it is in my shoulder blade, goes all the way up my neck and it pulls on the back side of my head. I am sure I will be suffering a lot later from all of the mowing and racking and moving boxes I have done today. I voted on Friday in person, in the early voting segment at my polling location.

Diane Sue, good luck with the voting. I always go about a half hour before the polls open and stand in line and that way the you are in and out in no time. I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight, I slept 10 hours last night and that is why I could do the walk I did today.

Belinda, nice workout, that is a great one!

Doreen, way to go on the workout today. I have to preview that one on line to see what it is like.

Roselyn, BB Build legs is a tuff one!!!

Have a wonderful day, I will be glued to the tv the next couple of days rooting on President Trump!!!

Debbie, here is a run down of Raw Cardio Crush 2 which does have a little boxing, but not too bad. I wish Kelly would do some more cardio without boxing. She has a very few that do not have boxing. I love the boxing workouts, but my upper body just can not handle it on a daily basis. I should have done a different premix today, like maybe the step from the two workouts on Super Sculpt because the drills had boxing. I didn't look at my rundown of the workouts well enough. I hate that burning pain sensation. That is what I get. I cough and I can feel too areas of my upper back and trap area hurt. I am pretty sure the coughing aggravates things.
I probably should have done mail in voting when my husband did. They are good about checking id and and everything authenticated here. I just would rather be safe and go to the poll. I hate to see them take away that option. You know people in other countries that had first time to vote stood in lines and travelled distance to do it. We are such a spoiled people. People do take do not realize what a privilege it is to be able to vote. Anyway, I understand with the virus the need for some to be able to mail in votes. We have had that for awhile now which is good for shut ins, elderly, and those that would have difficulty getting to the polls. For me I am worried about standing outdoors and trying not to cough because of these stupid allergies.

RAW CARDIO CRUSH 2 32:7 minutes no equipment and it is done outside
10 moves done twice with a couple of moves added at the end of the second set. Done 45 seconds each 25 seconds rest
jack front kick
4 jabs 2 upper cut (up strike)
squat/hold/jump
jogging
heel click/side squat/curtsy
jab/ cross/ turn
skater x2/lunge split switch
step/4 knees alternating
batter up
squat thrust/plank jacks/knee in right and left
round 2 same and adds
jogging single single double
box and turn jacks
knee pulls

Roselyn, November has came around so fast. I am not ready for Christmas shopping yet.

Doreen, nice work today with Perfect 30 Hiit high impact and the youtube workout that had fun music.

Belinda, nice work on Cathe Live Burn Sets.

Jolie, wow on the calorie burns this morning. I bet you sleep well tonight. That was a steep hill climb, I bet your legs feel it. The boat parade sounds wonderful. If I don't have the grandchildren tomorrow I may go extra early. Today my daughter texted me at 6:45 am to let me know the school still had no power. I hate to wish they had no power, but not worrying about leaving the children for too long would take off a load. I know they will be okay and my husband will be here sleeping, but still I hate to be gone. My daughter suggested it. Granddaughter is old enough to keep an eye on her 6 year old brother though. 10 hours of sleep would be a huge surprise for me. I got 7 last night even though I woke a few times. I was tired, took the vital proteins sleep powdered collagen, and when my daughter texted I saw it on my watch and stayed in bed and caught a bit more sleep. I keep Fox news on till I am ready to go to bed watching the Trump rallies and stuff.

Good morning,

CL # Burn Set: Express Legs Heavy Weights = 35 min plus CL #307 All Core on the Floor = 34 min.

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

I did Perfect30 Upper Body this morning. I'm really liking this upperbody workout right now! Minimal repeats a little bit of band - feels really effective.

one more question? How far out can you cancel CL? Meaning do I still get to use it until my next pilling cycle? I hope this makes sense.

Belinda, just cancel before it charges your card and then it will expire on the day your card would have been charged for the following month. You can basically cancel 29 days in advance and still get the whole month, it just wont go any further than that.

Happy Election Day!!! I am wearing red, whit and blue today in celebration of a hopeful Trump win. You should see the Trump flags flying in my neighborhood, at it is a blue state. Today I did my own Total Body workout, except I skipped ABS because I dont feel like doing them today :) I did 26 exercises in a row with no rest except to set up and grab the weights and did each exercise x 14 reps except for a couple leg exercises I did more reps x 10. Workout was really short, 36 minutes and I burned 327 calories. I like this type of workout a lot and I now know what is aggravating my shoulder, it is Upright Rows.

Chest Press- 20's x 14
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 14
Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 14
Seated Traditional Bicep Curls- 15's x 14
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 14
Squat to 1 arm Clean and Press- 12# x 14 each side

Chest Flies- 15's x 14
1 Arm Rows- 20# x 14
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 14
Seated Hammer Curls- 15's x 14
1 Arm Kickbacks- 10# x 14 Each side
Squats to sit on the bench and then up- 20# x 14 These were tuff stuff!

Incline Chest Press- 20's x 14
1 Arm Horizontal Row- 15# x 14
1 Arm Upright Rows- 12# x 14 Could go heavier but these are bad for my shoulder
Seated W Curls- 15's x 14
Lying Cross Body Triceps Ext.- 12# x 14
Leg Ext- 40# x 20

Incline Chest Flies- 15's x 14
Deadlifts- 15's x 14
Rear flies- 8's x 14
Seated Bicep Curls with a Twist- 15's x 14
Close Grip Chest Press- 20's x 14
Kettlebell Swings- 20# x 20
Leg Curls- 40# x 20
BB Deadlifts- 25# x 16

I really enjoyed this workout. I went at my own pace and love that you dont repeat exercises. I warmed up to CL All in Upper Body.

Belinda, Nice job on the leg workout, that is a tuff one!

Doreen, I will have to preview that upper body workout since you like it so much :)!

Diane Sue, I guess we were posting around the same time yesterday, I came back later and noticed that you had posted I just didnt see it at the time. Nice workout! I will be glued to the TV today after I run a few errands for the day. I am a little sore and tired today, yesterday I thought I would be dead from that walk. I cant wait to do it again tomorrow.

Roselyn, nice job with the BB workout, I have not done those for the longest time and I used to do them all of the time. Time to pull them out again!!!

Debbie, I hope you have a great workout today, and go Trump!

Make it a Patriotic Day!!!

Jolie - thanks on the info on canceling CL. That's good to know. I am pretty sure I will sign up for another month after this one expires, lol Love the once with Cathe only. You are funny :) You should see the flags flying here in WV. You hardly see any Biden signs. My kids pointed this out this weekend. Your workout looks amazing. Fantastic job!

This morning I did what Diane did yesterday - CL #320 Hocus Pocus. OMG, I laughed all the way through it, Cathe was so funny to the witch named Mary. Poor thing. I don't know how they worked out in those outfits, but that was really cute. It really wasn't a hard workout, not like Cathe's usual, but for me it was perfect. I am trying to not go crazy this week with high intensity workouts, etc. This one was pretty fun but I enjoyed the entertainment better. LOL!!

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 196 calories, did 1872 steps and HR was131/181.

Also walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes, burned 130 calories, went 1 mile and did 2539 steps. HR was122/140.

Diane - Thanks for the breakdowns of Hocus Pocus and Cardio Crush 2. I appreciate that. I might do CC2 this week, it looks pretty good. I'm sorry to hear you are still coughing so much, there isn't anything worse than that, I hate when I have coughs like that. And it does irritate everything from low back to upper back when the cough is continual like that. Hope you feel better soon.

Jolie - That is cool that your area there has Trump supporters. I is about 7 to 1 here where I live - all Trump supporters mostly. I have sign in my front yard plus a cool flag with Trump on top of a military tank. Someone across the street has a cool flag that says "No More Bullshit". LOL!! So just curious, I heard the House was all up for re-election today. Is Pelosi? I'm wondering if she can be voted out this year, but I haven't heard a thing about it. So just wondering if you know. I hope CA drains the swamp this election day. Great workout, that one looked like fun. I think doing your own workouts like that helps with not getting hurt. Sometimes we do exercises that other instructors do and our bodies don't like them. That's when we get hurt.

Belinda - What Jolie said, you can cancel your live subscription at any time. Good job with your workout!!

Roselyn - Great job with Beast!

Doreen - Glad you are enjoying the new workouts, they sound fun.

Have a great day everyone!! My lunch is over.

Debbie - I did CL #320 Hocus Pocus on Halloween. I was laughing the entire time. So much fun! Cathe is so cute and funny in this one. Great job! Thanks about the cancellation on CL. You guys are the best! That is so cool you have sign in your front yard plus a cool flag with Trump on top of a military tank :)

I forgot to mention, CL #307 All Core on the Floor = 34 min reminded me a little of SBF core workout except SB does more planks. I really like it.

No workout today. I got up and showered and the grandchildren came in. I got things done with them and left at about 9 to vote. I got a great parking spot right in front of the line and able to drive right out. I got in to the line and awhile later I looked in my purse for my cell phone. I forgot it and contemplated going home to get it, but as people were lining up behind me I decided from past experience and how far back I was that it would be about an hour and they probably would not even notice. If something happened they could wake my husband up. It took 55 minutes from my arrival till I got back in my car to go home which was really pretty good. I will be back at my workouts tomorrow.

Belinda, nice work on CL Burn Sets express legs and all core on the floor. When I have done the live workouts for a month or two I canceled a few days before the end. I still got my full month. For the 6 months, it is not recurring. Meaning you have to sign up again after 6 months. At least that is my understanding. I don't know why I have not seen many signs for the election around our area. Maybe it is because I don't go out much. We are generally a conservative state. One political sign in our circle and it is for a dem candidate. A couple of houses with flags.

Doreen, I need to do Perfect 30 some more. There are a lot of premixes on those.

Jolie, good job on the weights today. I go lighter than I used to on upright rows. Anything that affects my traps like that and shrugs can aggravate my painful areas. I was tempted to wear something with the American flag today. I just ended up wearing a red shirt. 76 degrees today so great weather for election day since we have stand outside. That is wonderful that there are Trump flags all over. I will watch results till I need to go to bed so I can get up early. It seems we never see results till the next day.

Debbie, that workout was worth doing just for the laugh and fun. That was funny what she was saying to Mary and then the other one was dancing around. Funny I was coughing today and my Fitbit told me I was in my zone for 15 minutes. Not the way I really want to get in my zone.
I think that we have to put up with Pelosi for two more years. I love that you had up a sign and the flag with a tank and trump.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.