Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2020

This morning I did CL #265 - Cardio Challnge Express and had a great workout!! This one was fun, it used 3# weights and the stability ball. Really fun inrtervals and only one boxing segment which wasn't taxing at all. Glad I tried it. I need to blow up my stability ball, some of it was hard to do because my ball was so deflated. LOL!!

Workout was 33 minutes, burned 220 calories (not sure how, everytime I looked at my watch there was no HR on the screen, stupid thing), did 3426 steps and HR was 102/140 although I was WAY higer than 140.

Then I did RAW Abs & Stretch but just the first 10 minutes of the ab workout, I stopped at the plank work. Only 11 minutes and burned 102 calories so not bad. Had fun this morning.

Upper back and shoulder is doing really good this week. Laying off the weights and not doing boxing is helping a great deal. I'm enjoying these workouts so I may do workouts like this again next week.

Jolie - Check out my post yesterday and what I wrote to you. Was wondering about some stuff in CA.

No time for personals but hope you all have a great workout. GO TRUMP!!! Seriously, why is this taking so long?

Good morning,

CL # 304 Burn Sets: Biceps & Triceps is done.

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

Reactions: WD
Let me start off by saying, Biden better not win or we can kiss all of our rights for Freedom away. I was just sitting outside on the curb taking my running shoes off and two young boys came up to me to take, they are super cute. They asked me who I thought would win the Presidential election and I told them who I wanted to win. One of the boys probably around 7 years old says, " way do some Democratic people always look so mad, sad and always saying mean things and why do they destroy the towns if they dont get their way?" Wow, from a child!!! He then said, " My mom would ground me and take away my skate board and bike if I had that look on my face or acted so rudely." I had to just smile. :)

Today I did the 4 mile loop again, this time I thought I would die. Towards the top I was struggling so bad some ladies driving by asked me if I needed a lift!!! :) No, I said I will make it and I did and walked a little extra. Todays walk was 1 hour 28 minutes and I burned 982 calories. I have shin splints really bad from walking down hills, I need to stretch today. Heart rate was 149/185.

Debbie, California of coarse would never flip, San Fran and LA have way too many Dems in their cities. Yes, everything was up for grabs yesterday and we are lucky if we hold on to the Senate, we didnt get the Congress back but Mitch McConnell did win! I am very upset what is going on with these mail in ballots, so much fraud will happen due to them being counted so quickly and by random people with no security clearance. Nice job on the workout today. I love walking outside again, that is the only way I stay at the correct weight because I can burn so many calories and it is easy on my body. I almost hate lifting weights anymore because I never feel great afterwards.

Diane Sue, way to go on Oklahoma going to Trump! Now lets see if he can win enough states to win re election. I didnt sleep great last night because the election had me really stressed out.

Belinda, great job on Biceps and Triceps.

BBL to read your posts for the day, I have to get to an appointment. Have a wonderful day and pray for our country.

Today I did Cathe Live Metabolic #317 Lower Body, 57 minutes, (53 actual) heart rate 106/136,194 calories, 2,406 steps. I then did Perfect 30 mix yoga strength and flexibility +mobility basics core focus, 32 minutes(30 actual as I added a bit more stretch since it just sort of stops), heart rate 88/106, 164 steps, 43 calories. Total time was 89 minutes, 2,570 steps, 237 calories. I liked the lower body metabolic workout. Cathe did not do so many overhead options and I modified some of them.

Cathe Live #317 10/8/2020 54 minutes, 8,10,12,15 # dumbbells
Metabolic Lower Body #317 Cathe Live
8:14 minutes warm up moves

Side to side sumo 15# dumbbell
Right lunge pulses then left 15# dumbbell
repeat

Squat knee lift 10# dumbbells
Alternating rear lunge curl press 8# dumbbells
Repeat

Squat/deadlift 15# dumbbells 8 reps
Hop squats rear lunge 10# dumbbell
Repeat

Touch down knee lift right 10# then 12 reps left 12 reps then left (Cathe 15# second rnd with no overhead press knee up)
Explosive side to side 10# dumbbell
Repeat

Alternating cross back lunge curl press 12# dumbbells
Wide stance hop 8# dumbbells 12 reps
Repeat

Side lunge overhead press 12# dumbbell 10 reps
Squat toss 10# dumbbell 24 reps 2nd round 32 reps(unless I miscounted)
Repeat

Front lunge 12# dumbbell 12 reps
Step out squat body weight
Repeat

Side to side pickups 10# dumbbells 12 reps
No weight rear lunge 16 reps hop together right 16 left
Repeat

Sumo squat/cross back lunge 12# dumbbell 10 reps right then left
Marching sumo 15# dumbbell 32 reps
Repeat

Calf raise 15# dumbbells 24 reps
Single deadlift 5 reps right then 5 left
repeat

stretch

Debbie, I have done that live workout. I liked it too. Nice workout today and I am glad that you are doing better. Still find many are not that fun. It is probably just me. Today's was good though for a lower body workout. All of this push for mail in voting has really slowed the process.

Belinda, nice work again with Cathe Live Burn Sets. I have done that one a couple of times. It will be fun hearing of the fun you have with the road trip.

Jolie, children are so perceptive. I never seen such meanness and non stop negativity and hate in all of my life. Who wants a leader like that? I have worried about the mail in ballots from the start. Too much chance for fraud.
Nice work on your walking in the hills again today. Take care of those shin splints. Ouch! I get sore feet when I do calf raises and some yoga moves. I was wondering why my forefoot was achy and realized when I did today's workout that that was it.

Today I did body beast shoulders

I got a new job offer as a stylist at a senior living community I think I am going to take it no nights or weekends and I can do some hair at home.

Good morning,

CL# 319 Low Impact Cardio Plus Core = 49 min plus SBF D32 Old School Arms = 20 min is done. I needed to get my workout in early today. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon.

Roselyn - congratulations on the new job opportunity. Sounds great.

Diane - I am sure it will. be fun, I am doing it with my DD. We always have fun together.

I will be back later this afternoon to catch up on more personals.

Today I did another CL workout - #147 Quick Fix Cardio. Fun workout, it has 15 intervals and some use the small step platform and others use light weights. I got really winded with this one, Cathe sure does know how to do cardio. No boxing moves in this one. My upper back is feeling much better but my elbow still hurts quite a bit. I lay on it most of the night and it hurts pretty bad sometimes when I wake up. :rolleyes:

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 235 calories, did 3011 steps and HR was136/202. No way on the 202, I'd be dead, but I know I hit the 180's.

I also did the stretch part of RAW Abs & Stretch which was lame. It was the last 2 minutes of the workout and stopped in the middle of it. I was hoping that would be a good stretch workout but it wasn't. Oh well.

Jolie - Let's hope Trump pulls this out, I can't believe the election is this close, doesn't seem right. Biden is such a bozo and never makes sense when he talks, how on earth is he going to run our country? But I also wish Trump would stop sounding like such a baby. All the numbers aren't in yet, he still has a chance to win it. However, it should have been a landslide in many states like it was here in Ohio. When I went to bed at 9:30 on election night the stupid news media predicted Biden had Ohio. I woke up the next morning to find Trump won it in a landslide. Media is our enemy and they make everything so much worse. Why do they hate him so much? I just don't get it. A part of me doesn't blame him for being like he is because he's up against a wall all the time no matter what he does. Oy. Nice workout yesterday, you kicked butt!! Watch those shin splints, they aren't fun.

Roselyn - Awesome on the job offer. I wanted to work in a senior living place when I did nails, so glad you can have that opportunity!! Great job with Beast again!

Diane - Great workouts, I might try that leg one sometime soon. I'm liking Cathe's cardios this week, having fun with them. This election is ridiculous. It shouldn't be going on and on like this.

Belinda - How was the Low Impact Cardio you did? I might try that one tomorrow. Having fun with those workouts this week. Hope your doctors appointment goes well.

Have a great day everyone!

Debbie - thank you! The workout was fun, it got my HR up. It was a metabolic workout. I have. a hard time finding the live workout for today? When I click on the Cathe Live icon, it wants me to subside? Good job on your cardio workout today. Glad your back is feeling better.

Cathe's Live is confusing :( I figured it out. To do the live workout from today, I have to click On Demand then scroll down to live. Weird!

This morning was P30 Legs, Leg Bonus, Core Bonus and a bit of the extended stretch.

My husband is going hunting this weekend so the kids and I will be fending for ourselves... The only problem is the guy he is hunting with just had Corona (or so we assume since his wife tested positive)!! So they are social distancing for their hunting weekend - drive up separately, my hubby is not going to stay in the RV, wear masks etc... I hope this turns out ok and he is past his contamination period!!!

Today after spending 2 hours trying to figure out how to unsubscribe to another gamer youtube and messing with my settings to not let someone subscribe or purchase without my password. They sure do not make it easy and at the moment my Google account has no financial set up to pay for anything. Then I had to go to paypal to stop any recurring payments. How in the world do you keep young kids from purchasing. He insists he did not push subscribe. I told him maybe he did it accidentally. He is always putting his fingers on the buttons on the touch screen computer. Even during zoom. He discovered he can mute the teacher o_O Then I think he did something to the laptop because it said locking. I shut it down before it locked whatever it was trying to lock. It is okay since I tried rebooting. Anyway, school work was light thankfully and the teacher could not get on zoom today.
I did Perfect 30 Timesaver Low Impact Hiit+bonus pyramid step cardio+ extended stretch, 47 minutes, heart rate 118/155, 209 calories, 3,897 steps. I then did Perfect 30 Perfect Pump timesaver back and biceps, 16 minutes, 45 calories, heart rate 102/116, 381 steps. Total time was 63 minutes, 254 calories, 4,278 steps.
Perfect Pump back and biceps
Pullover 15# dbs 10 reps 2 sets
one arm row 30# db 12 reps 2 sets
bent over clutch row 20# dbs 10 reps (I don't really like doing this with two Bowflex weights) Maybe I should load up one a 40#. They are uncomfortable and bulky for this move
posture pulls with tubing
rapid row toss 25# dumbbell alternating hands 20 reps so 10 each hand
standing sweeper curls 17.5# dbs 8 reps
clutch curls 15# dbs 10 reps
Biceps curls drop sets
#1 15 lb dbs 10 reps
#2 12# dbs 10 reps
#3 10# dbs 10 reps

Belinda, I hope your doctor appointment went well. I made my routine one for Thanksgiving break while the kids are out of school so I could go first thing in the morning. I will get my flu shot while there. Nice work today. I do not think I have done very many of the first CL workouts. That newer live workout that said low impact had weights and stuff in it. I wish she did more that left the weights out. Kelly does the same thing. I just want to leave out weights and do just cardio some of the time so my muscles can recover. I tried clicking on the live workout of the day before and I clicked the Live button at the top of the screen on Amazon Fire and I got nothing so I just went on to something else. Would like to do them on the day as later I have to drag my laptop upstairs to do it. It was better when I didn't keep my second laptop downstairs for school during the week. Usually it is in the workout room. Weird that you have to click on demand.

Debbie, I will have to check out the quick fix CL. I get arm pain that wakes me up and I find if I lie with my arm bent sleeping it sets off pain that wakes me up. Then I have to put them both down to my side. Sleeping and joint issues sure do conflict. I hope I did not bother my neck or back today with the weights. It is weird as I find doing biceps with heavier weights tends to make my neck and front of my shoulder tense up more. I should probably stay light weights, but I sure do like doing heavy. I found the stretch at the end of that abs and stretch workout disappointing. Not what I expected from Kelly. I think that Trump has to stay on top of those people because if lets up his guard one bit they get the advantage. If anything voter fraud needs to be nipped in the bud now! I don't get the voting either as from what I saw Trump had massive crowds and supporters. Biden had small groups and horn honkers that were probably a lot of his workers and campaign people only. I think people just assume they are a particular party so they will vote
for whoever and not bother researching everything and all videos for themselves since most media eliminates or ignores what they do not want the voters to hear. Just my thoughts.

Doreen, I bet if your husbands friend is past the time frame for covid that it will be safe. My daughter and some of her family were pretty sure that they had it (all the same symptoms along with granddaughters boyfriend) They and stayed away from us for the specified time to be safe. No one else got it. My granddaughter's boyfriend was the last to get the symptoms and even though he was at the end of the specified time he wore a mask when he came for family dinner. I hope it works out well as you do not want to get sick though.

Jolie - where are you today? I hope all is well.

Diane - today I saw my regular doctor. I also got my MRI results today too. I wanted this opinion on the MRI. Well, the cartilage in my knees are gone. He wants me to try different shots in my knees to see if that helps. Eventually I need knee replacement in both my knees. That explains the pain and swelling behind my knee caps. If it's not one thing it's another. I still need to see my husband surgeon to get his option. He ordered the MRI on my knees. I also got the flu shot, lol. I did like the CL workout today. It got my HR up. I was a little surprised to see weights too. I used my computer went through the site. I don't have fire stick or use an app.

Belinda, I like the firestick app set up for Cathe Live. It has the workouts from newest to oldest, specific like step, kickboxing, fit tower, strength, cardio etc.. So it is easy to find the workouts. When I look on my computer the workouts have not order. New ones may be near the end of the list. Much better with the app on firestick.
That is terrible about your knees. Good idea to get multiple opinions. My brother in Florida had to wait forever to get his first knee replacement surgery. They had planned on doing the other after this healed, but they hit a snag. The doctors thought they had approval and did the surgery then Obamacare would not pay for it. The doctors were waiving their costs, but he is having to fight it because there is no way he has that kind of money. He was in so much pain he said he wanted to cry. He really needed the surgery. They had tried all of the other things. Even down to accupuncture.

Today I did CL #37 - Steptastic and had a really good workout. Wow, I'm not used to Cathe's step workouts anymore, I was sweating like crazy with this one. It was fun and I am proud to say I was able to follow it for the most part. My right knee was feeling it a bit, but 6 months ago I wouldn't have been able to do this workout at all. She does a lot of high impact stuff, a lot of jacks but I modified. It was a really fun one. I used only one set of risers.

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 314 calories, did 4818 steps and HR was 129/157.

Belinda - I'm not sure what you are trying to get CL to work on? I use my Roku TV and I have the Cathe Live app on my TV, it's very easy to use. Hope you can figure it out. I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. That is one of the things I worry about - knee and hip replacements. I hope I never had to go there.

Doreen - That is scary, glad he will be pretty much staying by himself during the trip. This virus is getting worse and it is scary. All of our counties are in the red right now and we had almost 5,000 cases yesterday. When will it end?

Diane - Wow on your grandson purchasing things from your computer. Maybe get rid of all your payments you have out there for a while? You can always manually key them in. I like lifting heavy too, I miss it. Seems every time I start doing workouts that have you lift heavy I hurt my upper back again. Very frustrating. I'm feeling pretty good now but my elbows still bothering me quite a bit. I'm actually surprised Kelly posted that Ab and Stretch workout. First off, the ab part doesn't even start until like 8 minutes into the video. And then there was no stretch to speak of. Oh well, at least the ab portion is good. I'm not sure what to say about this election. Fraud everywhere, no one will help Trump - where are the GOP's? Why aren't they rallying behind him demanding proof of legal votes? What is wrong with the Republican party? I'm so disappointed in the whole thing.

Roselyn - How exciting about your new job, I think you will love it!

Have great workouts everyone!

I didn't feel like a P30 workout this morning so I just did Amy Bento ASC II. Its been so long I have forgotten all the combos and had to re-learn. It was fun though to be able to come back to it and refresh my memory!!

Debbie- I like the CL steptastic - I modify jacks a lot too!

Belinda- Hoping you can get your knees figured out! Knee replacement sounds scary but my mom felt so much better after her's.

Diane - Ugh- how frustrating that your grandson is able to purchase without restrictions. I just google stuff like how to turn off auto pay and stuff to get directions on how to cancel, etc. One of my kids signed me up for Amazon prime... and then my son's account also got automatically signed up for Amazon prime! I try not to save cc's in my browsers.

Roselyn - good luck on your new job!!

Jolie - Hope you have a great workout too!

Good morning,

I did CL # 314 PHA Supersets = 45 min.

Diane - when I click on my videos on CL. They workouts are from newest to oldest too. It was the CL on Thursday that wasn't under the Cathe Live icon. Which I thought was weird! It was under OnDemand? I will make an appointment with the surgeon soon and discuss my knees problem. With everything I am going through with RP I sure don't need surgery on my knees right now. Sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he gets the surgery soon.

Debbie - I am using my computer to stream CL. I don't have a Roku TV or have the Cathe Live app on my TV. Maybe I need to get a new TV soon. I honestly thought I pulled a muscle in my knees. Never thought about getting a knee replacement either. My husband had a hip replacement. He also needs knees replacements. He is pushing it off surgery a few years now. I hope I can do the same with shots. I will take to my DH's surgeon and discuss everything soon. I am so tired of all the doctors appointments. Great job on the CL steptastic today.

Doreen - thank you. My neighbor got both his knees replaced. He was out for months. Glad your mom is feeling better. I am sure I have to adjust my workouts even more. Although I already keep everything low impact. Need to be careful with heavy lifting, instead go lighter. Great job this morning.

Roselyn - great job yesterday.

I will be back later.

Yesterday was my rest day. Today I as supposed to weight train but we are getting rain for the next two day so I did my walk instead and will lift this weekend indoors while it is wet out. I did my same loop again, no it is not getting any easier, but I went a little further this time and I swear I could barely get home the last couple of blocks uphill. Also, the wind is blowing today and I had to walk against it which made going uphill very difficult, I felt like I was walking in place. Workout was 1 hour 30 minutes, 4.4 miles and I burned 974 calories. I should sleep tonight!!! :) Heart rate was 148/189. Tomorrow I want to do my own total body workout again, I like the slower pace and listening to music instead of a trainer. My son's football team played last night as the Prime Time game and beat Utah State!!! They are now 3 - 0!!! My sons roommate has tested positive for Covid with no symptoms, so all four guys that live in the house were not allowed to the game. Oh well, i think they had more fun watching it and partying at the house instead!

Debbie, I am so disgusted with all of the fraud and how the Dems are such mean people encouraging their Political Propaganda groups to go after Trump supporters and to hurt them or kill them that I am no longer going to watch the news. I will NOT be apart of this bad behavior it makes me want to slap someone up side their head for saying this is what they want for our country! I am going to focus on myself, my friends and my family and that is it. Great job on the workout today. I a feeling so much better not lifting weights as much and on a side not, my legs are looking so much better too! It's a win, win :)

Roselyn, I am so happy for you, that new job sounds perfect!! I love working with seniors, that is why I sold Medicare a few years back. I certainly want to start back at it after the holidays. Nice job with the workout.

Belinda, nice job with the PHA workout, those are so much fun!

Doreen, I havent done an Amy Bento workout in years! Glad you enjoyed it.

Diane Sue, Nice workout yesterday. We are just starting to cool down here and get some rain this weekend, finally. It was 88 degrees here yesterday. My kids bought games and stuff on my computer all of the time and it was impossible to cancel them, I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one was the only way, especially with Apple. I hope you have a great workout today.

Make it a wonderful day my friends.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.