Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2020

Good evening,

I did SBF Relaxation stretch = 20 min + CL 291 Legs and Core down on the floor today. We also walked on the trail today.

Jolie - no problem, I am going to be one day behind you. Glad you had fun.

Diane - I am sure you will find a nice gift for your grandson. You guys had a lot of people over for TG. Glad you had fun.

Doreen - Chris Freytag is one of my favorite instructors. You signed up for Gold. I like her workouts.

Good night.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

STS M1 D1 Chest, Shoulder and Biceps plus STS extended stretch is done.

Have a great Monday, everyone.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I spent the day with my DH, brother and mom and we had a good time. Food was great and I ate too much. Oh well. I don't stress over that anymore. I haven't gained an ounce so I'm good.

This morning I tried Kelly's new RAW Heavy Bag & Cardio workout and loved it. I see she did about four workouts using the heavy bag. I doubt I can do all those in one week, but it will be fun to try them out maybe once a week. This one was fun and I got a good sweat going even if my FB said I was at 89 bpm during the cardio parts. WTH??? Stupid thing.

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 253 calories, did 3746 steps and HR was 104/161.

Diane - I see you did Step Blast a few days ago. I've actually been thinking about doing that one as it is one of my all time favorite step workouts. I just remember how high impact it is. I guess I could modify, though. I might do it when I'm off for Chrstimas break. It's hard for me to do hour long workouts because I only have about 45-50 mintes to do workouts before work. Nice job with that workout, I know it's tough. That is really sad about your dad, did he fall down the stairs? My mom has been in her house for 38 years, we moved there in the early 80's. It's a hundred year old home and was designed in the supidest way. I think it will get to a point where she will either have to move in with us or we'll have to find her a smaller place to live. We have the room but I'm not sure she'd want to be with us, she is so afraid of intruding on our lives. She is a silly woman. She worries about everyone else and never herself. I went over there yesterday and changed out her cat litter boxes. They were disgusting and I think it's because she hardly goes down in the basement unless she has to wash laundry. So when I go over there I clean it. This time I just cleaned and rinsed both boxes. Things like that is getting real hard for her to do. :(

Belinda - Nice job with your workouts. Have fun doing STS!! I sort of want to start that with you all but I think I'll skip it this time around. I'm having fun with the CL and RAW workouts.

Jolie - That is cool that you and your son worked out together. When I workout with someone else (which is almost never), I get motivated to go harder. Glad he is healthy and has not gotten COVID yet. Have fun with STS!!! Great workout yesterday!

Doreen - I love Amy Dixon, she does some workouts for my treadmill and for the Max Trainer I have. She is so motivating to me and she does really hard workouts. Glad you stayed away from your computer for a few days, we should all do that once in a while.

Roselyn - Have fun with your new rotation! I'm sure you will kick butt!

Gotta go, hope you all have a great day!! We are in for a huge snow storm tonight through Wednesday. Yikes!!!

I did a couple workouts this morning - a Kettlebell cardio from a GHUTV past Live. Every Monday is a new Live workout that they archive for later. It was intermediate level but when I could use a heavier kettlebell I did and that upped the intensity. Mostly just too long of explainations - I wish instructors would show a quick demo for those that know what they are doing and then slow it down. Then I did one round of a Kettlebell AMARP workout by Lindsay B. - that one was tougher - I've marked to go back and finish the other 3 rounds and I just had time for one.

I previewed a couple of the RAW heavy bag but I'm going to order new gloves to go inside my heavy gloves before I do them... I don't like the long bandage style wraps - too slow to get them on and off.

Today I am sore from STS!!! My knee is still a little sore so I just went for a walk for 45 minutes. I did not wear my FB because I forgot to charge it! I am looking forward to lifting tomorrow, that is a first in a long time.

Debbie, Dont you just love knew workouts! I can do the boxing workouts but the kickboxing really bothers my knee. My parents down sized to a condo a few years ago, it is big but it is one level and they are doing so much better with NO steps. They are also in a private golf community that is right across the street from one of the best hospitals in CA so that makes me feel really good. They have a button in their house they can push and an ambulance will be there in less than 2 minutes. It is not a senior community at all so they have a lot of younger people around too. It is a world class golf coarse so the area is beautiful. Having them in that condo gives me total peace of mind.

Doreen, nice workout today.

Belinda, way to go with disc #1! I am sore today, i lifted pretty heavy yesterday and I am happy that I am feeling it. I cant wait to lift again tomorrow :)

BBL to read your posts that I missed.

Happy Monday.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Heavy Bag and Legs, 49 minutes, heart rate 113/166, 184 calories, 2,276 steps. I then did Raw Cardio Finisher subbing squat touch down jump for the snatches, 13 minutes, heart rate 132/163, 74 calories, 1,330 steps. I finished with Cathe Step Boss floor stretch, 10 minutes, 9 calories. Total time was 72 minutes, 258 calories, 3,606 steps. Kelly does have a few new heavy bag workouts up now. She gave the option of following her on the one I did today with egg weights while Jane did the heavy bag. I really liked the Heavy bag leg workout I was afraid to push with the upper body one. I did not notice the heavy bag cardio one till I was done so will give it a try when I think I am safe to do so. My Fitbit keeps doing crazy stuff. I got up this morning and it would not sync with the app. The app kept wanting to take me to an internet page on what to do if it does not sync. I turned the cell off twice and finally shut down the watch and then it decided to sync. After my workout it did the same thing and I had to shut the Fitbit down again.

Raw Heavy Bag and Legs 47:43 minutes
uses a heavy bag or egg weights and dumbbells or a barbell
warm up
squats 3 sets 12 reps 15# dumbbells (Jane used 12's and Kelly uses the barbell for the weight work)
Boxing double cross/ jab cross/slip
Boxing 3 hooks/ body shot

side lunge 12 reps right and 12 reps left 3 sets 15# dbs
(can use one weight goblet style)
Boxing moves from above

deadlift/squat up 12 reps 3 sets (suggests pulsing squats for those with low back problems)
Boxing Moves from above

Floor hip thrusters mat and barbell or weights 15# dbs 12 reps with 12 pulses 3 sets
sit up with punches Kelly uses egg weights Jane nothing. I used 2 # dumbbells 12 reps 3 sets

Belinda, we did not have as many this year for Thanksgiving. My youngest daughter and her two children did not come and on the actual Thanksgiving day when I went to my daughters, it was just their family of 5,granddaughter's husband, and my other granddaughters boyfriend. I guess that is still a group as it was 8 of us. The rest of my family went to my son's house and my husband missed all of it because of work. Nice start on STS this week.

Jolie, nice work yesterday. I did all of that work and the walkway was all cleared. Yesterday my husband went out with Gertie and came in saying "I thought you cleaned up the leaves". The rain hit and it got windy and you can hardly tell I did anything o_O I won't get back to it soon. Too much to do.

Doreen, it looks like you have some different workouts to try out. 20 dollars for a year is good if they have enough workouts that you would like. I have some hand wrap gloves that I have worn inside my boxing gloves, but I don't wear them much. Right now I am not hitting the bag with all of my power like I used to because of the arthritis. I used to tear my hands up with everything on. I never used the strips of hand wrap stuff. Today I just used my combat gloves so I did not have to remove the gloves to pick up weights. II have a pair of boxing gloves that has an open hole for the thumb which is hand when pushing a remote button. My other pair is the everlast in blue.

Debbie, I did not stress over the holiday food through both Thanksgiving dinners that we had. I am still under weight, but I sure did have a stomach ache eating some of that stuff.
I always loved Step Blast and thought I should pull it out. It was the turns and twists that I had to be careful of. She does have that last section with the blasts in it that are a lot of impact. It can be modified.
Yes, my Dad fell down the stairs at 82. He hit his head pretty hard and had a brain bleed and it put him in a coma for 3 months. We had to decide whether to let them do surgery to relieve the pressure, but he remained in the coma and we lost him. We did decide on the surgery even though I am sure he would have said no. But, who could not do it and wonder if it would have come out good. I miss him. The sad thing was, he called me the evening before and I had left my phone upstairs. When I saw and tried to call I could not get an answer. He lived in NE and my brothers were a couple of hours away. His son in law went and stayed with him, but when he wanted to take my Dad to the hospital my Dad said he would be okay. He should have been taken. We had tried to get him and his wife to come and live with us. We had a huge house and could have set them up with their own suite with a bath remodel. They would have had door to outside from their own space. She would have went for it, but my Dad did not want to. You need to make her understand you really would like to have her there. My Dad was very independent and still tried to do things he probably should not have. He had a shower he put in the basement and he climbed down to the basement to shower. I don't know why since they had baths on the other two floors. I think he fell on the carpeted stairs though. Also, one of the complications was that his blood was too thin and they had to try to take care of that before the surgery. My brother said he thought my Dad forgot a lot of the time whether he had taken is warfarin or maybe it was cumadin and took more. Then some of the other supplements he took would have been blood thinners. Something to think seriously about. That is good that you go clean the basement and took care of the litter boxes. That is where my Dad kept his cats litter boxes too. It was a really old frame house.
It sounds like you are dealing with the same craziness with your Fitbit that I am. I have had it show super low heart rates so many times when I am working hard, breathing hard, and sweating.

Jolie, you would probably like Kelly's heavy bag workouts. I really want to try the heavy bag and upper body and the heavy bag and cardio that Debbie did. I just have to be careful of the upper back, neck and shoulders. I love doing those workouts and they are non impact. It sounds like your parents have a good set up where they live. We looked at some houses yesterday. One is already pending today. Figures as it was the best price and really nice. Ours won't be up till later this week. I am not looking forward to showing, keeping ready, and school. Nice work yesterday.

Roselyn, Happy Birthday ((hugs)) Those special days are tough.

Today I should have done some sort of lifting workout and I was going to do another bootcamp workout but just didn't feel like it. I'm working from home today due to a bad snow storm we have going on right now (thank God for our wonderful boss!) so I had time to do a longer workout but I just didn't feel like doing weights today.

So instead I tried one of the workouts on my Max Trainer that is programmed into the machine. I haven't done any of those because I usually do the live workout with the Max Instructors. I figured I'd try one and see how it was. I chose Max Stairs and wow, what a workout. Only 15 minutes but it was tough. It takes you through increased resistance so each minute or it might have been 50 seconds you are at a different resistance. It starts out at a 4, then goes up to a 6, then 8 and then 12. 12 is like walking in quick sand. It changes the resistance itself, I didn't touch a thing. Pretty cool! My HR was up there. There are four of these circuits.

I enjoyed it but my FB didn't seem to know what I was doing. Every time I looked at my HR I was only in the lower 100's.

Workout was 19 minutes with a cool down, I burned only 83 calories yet my Max Trainer said 146 calories. I went .35 miles and did 905 steps. HR was 100/144. Good workout, I want to try the other ones that are on there as well.

I also walked on my treadmill at an incline of 4% and I did that for 30 minutes, burned 195 calories, went 1.42 miles and did 3465 steps. HR was 117/129.

Jolie - Just so you know, Kelly's boxing workouts have no kicking in them. She never does kick drills and I think I only remember one or two workouts where she had one circuit doing kicks and they were no where near how Cathe does them. You should try them out, it is all upper body. Glad you are looking forward to lifting today, I'm not feeling it lately. I think I'm just so sick of pulled muscles and knots that I just don't want to lift anymore. Very discouraging. I'm glad your parents live in such a nice place, it is like pulling teeth to get my mom to listen to leaving that house. She doesn't want to hear of it.

Roselyn - Happy Birthday. So sorry it is a sad one for you. I know it's hard. Hugs to you!

Diane - I really liked the Heavy Bag and Cardio workout, the front of my shoulders are sore today, but in a good way. I can't wait to try the others. The leg one looks good. Believe me, my brother and I have tried talking my mom into moving to a smaller home. In fact, my grandmother's house was up for sale not long ago, just a few houses down from where my mom lives now, it is only one floor and very cozy. My mom didn't want to hear of it. I was bummed, she would love it there once she got used to it - and she knows the house since we spent so much time there when I was growing up (it was my dad's mom's house). I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I do remember you telling us about that at the time. My husband and I will be moving to a smaller house soon, hopefully near the lake, because I don't want to be climbing stairs when I'm 80. I love this house, we've rebuilt it ourselves since we've lived here, but it's just too big for us now and I can't keep up with the cleaning. I want something cozy and small with one extra room where I can have my workout stuff in. Hopefully it will all work out.

Roxie, Belinda & Doreen - Have great workouts today!

Gotta get to work!! Have a great day!

This morning I did Raw Step and Legs - loved that workout. I just hold light dbs becasue I'm not going to pay for egg weights!! Then I did 15 mintutes of Raw Lift and Box - again I liked the section I did but she was having trouble with the music cutting in an out.

I did end up buying one more Cyber Monday deal - a PDF workout program that I've debated on for the past 3 year's black Friday's from Jill Fit. #FastPhysique. I'll try to work that into my game plan in the next couple months - probably after my month of RAW.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.