Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2020

Diane - She teaches in the warm up how to move between the benches - it just requires some bigger strides at times. The hardest thing is sometimes your back is to her and sometimes your side is to her - but I got the hang of it pretty easy. Start with one of hers where the two benches are parallel - that will probably go easier.

Debbie - I think your high step could work but she does a lot of v steps and shuffle down the board in this combo that might make a kitchen mat (as she shows) easier to start with. Generally the combos are set up instead of repeating on the right and left side they repeat on the right side bench and the left side bench.

This morning I did Build& Burn Legs and Kettlebell premix for 30 minutes and then worked through the rest of the double step video from yesterday's post.

My doctor called yesterday and I guess now my cholesterol is high. Wants me to change my diet first before meds... need to figure that out now.

Reactions: WD
I made an appointment to get my foot x-rayed tomorrow. I had to take my shoe off it was hurting so bad and now I can't get it back on. WTH?? So hopefully they can see what is going on. I either strained it or the pin broke. I hope I just sprained it.

Say a prayer for me everyone. I don't want to have surgery again. Thanks!!

• Wow
I forgot to check in yesterday!!! Yesterday's workout was a 4.2 mile walk, 90 minutes up and down hill and I burned a total of 931 calories. Today I did Les Mills Combat 30 Kick Start and had a fantastic workout. I used 1 pound gloves and burned 321 calories. I also wore my Patella Tendon strap on my knee so when I kick my knee doesn't hurt anymore. I just need some extra support on a stretch tendon, I went too deep in a squat 12 years ago and it has never been the same. Heart rate was 139/185. I love to be sweating during a workout :) I am going to be doing a little more cardio than weights going forward because I am finally at a point where my back, neck and shoulders don't hurt anymore.

Debbie, I have had 7 surgeries on my feet, the Big Toes hurt all of the time. Mine are bone on bone and have fussed together so their is no range of motion at all, that is why i cant do pushups or lunges, my toes will not bend. It is from wearing dress heels for so many years to work, thank God we dont have to dress like that anymore. Great job on the workout today and keep us posted on the X-ray. Prayers coming your way.

Roselyn, great job with the weights and let us know how you like your new job!

Doreen, Take Beta Setosterol, its a supplement that naturally lowers cholesterol and you can try Red Yeast Rice as well but you only need to take it for a month or so.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today.

Belinda, try sitting under a Nir Infra Red Light for your auto immune system issue, studies show it helps a lot. There is NO downside to sitting under it, i do every single day, it is great for skin, wounds, pain and so much more. YOu can get one on Amazon for $25.

BBL to read your posts.

Debbie, great job on writting the news paper about the Trump supporters being targeted verbally and physically. If your job comes after you for your opinion, tell them they are Racist! :) Isn't that what the Dems say all of the time for anything. :) Trump is my President and I love what he has done for our country. If Biden raises taxes, we in CA will pay 64% of total earnings to the government. We may have to move out of state, especially when we retire.

Hi everyone,

Today I did CL 316 Metabolic Upper body.

Jolie - thank you! I will order Nir Infra Red Light. Great job on your LM Combat and walk.

Debbie - isn't that something? I walk up every day with something else going on. I talked to my Rheumatologist yesterday, I been getting another sinus/ear infection. He believes all my ear/sinus are related to RP. He wants me to get a full check up like an MRI, tests for RP with the ENT. My calendar is full until December, WTH? I am so sorry to hear about your toe. I hope get an X-rays soon. We are falling apart.

Diane - my insurance is pretty good. It's just a matter of I can get the shot with all the medications I take for RP. I take a lot. I also have to let my Rheumatologist know what shots I get for my knees and other medicine I take other than what he described me. Next week I have 4 appointments at Walter Reed. I am trying to see if I can get the MRI for my sinus/ear the same day. Knock them all out in one day, lol. The drive is an hour and a half for me each way. I hope you find some relieve soon. I do bruise every easy too. The only explanation I have for the bruise on my femur is I was running on the TM. I noticed my knees were bordering me from the day on. I have problems with my knees ever since.

BBL!

Yes I started the new job and I love it We only worked 8-1 today and when I get in the new salon I can work the hours I want. I would probably work until 2

I Did legs and arms today

Today I did not have much time. I did Raw Step 4 wearing my 4# vest and using 1# dumbbells. I was pretty irritated with my Fitbit through this. Here I was doing jacks and step boxing moves and it seemed everytime I looked at my Fitbit it said I was somewhere around 98 heart rate. Total time was 31 minutes, 144 calories, heart rate 115/ 146. I know I was working harder than that. I had to shower and dress because the landscapers came back. I did Perfect 30 yoga strength and flexibilty later which was 32 minutes, 88/110, 129 steps. I did this later. Total time was 63 minutes, 176 calories, 3,126 steps.

Debbie, good for you. I really do not understand why these news people can allow the things that they do. Just like us being deplorable. All of that name calling and stuff should have been tossed and not used. It is not freedom of speech because it is one sided. Those statements are not true. Good for you for speaking up.
My husband has suggested that I get my toes straightened. I refuse. I just wear shoes with closed toes as little as possible and my boots and athletic shoes have to have large toe boxes. I hope it isn't something going wrong with your toes. That is odd that it suddenly started hurting. Maybe you irritated it with a workout or something. I have had my a toe swell and hurt along with looking almost purple. I guess it was gout. The arthritis center has me as having gout. They took x rays of my feet. Fortunately I have worked on it enough that I hardly have this happen to my toes or fingers anymore.
I will be praying for you.

Doreen, I will have to look at some of the different ways she does the double step workouts. Good luck with getting your cholesterol lowered. My son in law got his down by not eating out and having oatmeal every morning.

Jolie, nice workouts. I love the Les Mills Combat workouts. Wow, you have had a lot of foot surgeries. I never could understand how women ran around in high heels all of the time., I have never liked wearing them. Mine were always moderate except maybe the early 20's with platforms. I have always had my feet bother me somewhat and stayed away from miserable shoes. I go without shoes a lot, at least when I am at home. I get cramps in my toes when I do some moves in yoga that bend my toes the wrong way. Have you read anything about Serrapeptase? It sounds like it can do some good things, but in some ways I am afraid to try it. It has helped people with arthritis, but it has also caused a few increased pain since it digests dead proteins in the body. I read maybe it digested some tissue that was dead , but cushioning a joint. Then I read it has helped with clogged arteries. Anyway, lots of positive, but not enough study. Clears sinus problems? I have heard that a lot of people are relocating. That sounds like tax costs in some European countries theirs is a little more than that. Trump is my president too and they sure have treated him without the respect that should have been due.

Belinda, that drive sounds like the 100 mile one I used to have to come to Oklahoma City to see my doctors and dentist. I stayed with my kids when I came down for that stuff. When I had my knee surgery I finally just got a surgeon in the city I was in. Really everyone told me I should go to Stillwater Oklahoma as they had better surgeons. There was not many choices in the small city we lived in. It went okay, but insurance costs were off and I had to pay extra because I was getting tests out of my insurance area. Then when I checked in they surprised me with a 1500 dollar up front charge. 6 months later they refunded it. I guess it took the insurance company awhile to work it out? I wasn't expecting anything back. You are in a good medical center. I hope you can get it through all at once.
Yes, we are falling apart and it isn't fair. We all watch our nutrition and take care of ourselves:confused:. My neck hurts today on the left side down into my shoulder today. I don't know why. I did that cardio workout which does have boxing in it and went back and did the yoga. Although the strength and flexibility does do more down dog and down dog, push up and up dog moves. Shouldn't have bothered that much though.

Last edited:
No workout for me today, my foot hurt so bad yesterday and I didn't want to chance it. It's not as bad today but I'm hardly moving it. I was able to get my Sketchers soft show on so that is good. X'ray appointment is at 11:30 this morning. I will update you all later.

Doreen - I might have to try that workout, just not sure I have enough room in my workout room for two steps. Looks really fun, though, thanks for sharing! If you incorporate oats in your diet every single day I guarantee you, your chloresterol will go down. I either have oatmeal or I put 1/4 cup in my protein shake.

Jolie - I'm glad you are feeling better! Wow, 6 surgeries on your foot? That is insane! I only had one and don't want another. Hopefully it is just a strain which is quite possible. Great job on your workouts!! Killing it! I sent the letter in yesterday, they will probably post it soon.

Belinda - I know what you mean, I hate getting old. I don't feel like I'm getting old, though, other than the stupid aches and pains I've been dealing with!! Hope all your issues get resolved, I know how frustrated you must be.

Roselyn - So glad you love you new job!! So happy for you!

Diane - The local paper we have is all liberal, all of it. I hate reading it and having a subscription to it, but it's the only way I get news about our local area and the schools. The Opinion page is all writers from the far left. We have Cal Thomas and Marc Thiesen that write in as conservatives, but those are only once a week letters. Our Letter to the Editor section is a free for all, although they wouldn't let me write a letter addressing someone who actually sent me a letter to my house saying things about me and my family and calling himself Jesus. I wrote a letter to the editor about Trump and supporting him on something he did and I got that letter - he sent them out to any republican that wrote to the paper. So I wanted to call him out and the paper wouldn't let me. So ridiculous. Boy, your FB sure is crap. I wonder why it's doing that? Mine seems to be working pretty good lately.

Be back later!

Thanks guys - I'll start with oatmeal for breakfasts now - that's easy to do!

I signed up for BOD 14 day trial. I did half of Day One of 80DO and then did half of Morning Meltdown 100 - Upper body just to get a feel for the programs. 80DO Autumn took a long time to explain moves which I hope would decrease as the program moves on. I know both programs are set to be progressively harder as they go along.

I did like the music with MM100. I played my own with 80DO which is cumbersome because I can't get both audios through the same source. I may sample Lift4 and then see if I want to pick one to work through or just sprinkle them in as an option here an there. There are actually lots of programs in there that I have not done.

So the pin in my toe is fine, looks like I have arthritis right in the joint of my big toe. The bottom of my toe, right on the ball of the toe, really hurts bad. He said to ice it, rest and use these pads in my shoes that he gave me. Question is, which shoes? I really need to find a good pair of work shoes that go with any outfit and that is so hard to find. Especially ones that are comfortable for my stupid feet. He also prescribed an anti-inflammory so I will get that and take it once a day for a couple weeks. Hopefully this won't last long. Looks like I can't do any cardio for a while. Figures, I love cardio now and now I can't do it.

I bought a new pair of Brooks workout shoes, too, so hopefully that will help. The ones I have are way too big on me, even though the foot place I went to (not my podiatrist) said they were perfect for my feet. I should have known better. My feet slide all over inside those shoes so that isn't good. Ihope the new ones fit better.

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for the prayers. NO SURGERY! Woo hoo!!

Today I started with Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 1 mile of motivation, 17 minutes, 92 calories, 1,921 steps, heart rate 132/170?. We then did zoom and some school work and then I did Cathe Live Cardio Quick Fix #147, 33 minutes, 149 calories, heart rate 117/162, 2,525 steps. I liked this one, it does have impact and uses weights for some of it. I think Debbie or someone here did it recently. I then did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Total Body, 34 minutes, 79 calories, heart rate 99/130, 443 steps and finished off with Perfect 30 Extended stretch, 9 minutes, 8 calories. Total time was 84 minutes, 320 calories, 4,893 steps.

Walk Strong 3 Jessica Smith Strength Total Body 30 minutes
Mat, set of light dumbbells2-8# ;set of moderate heavy dumbbells 8-15#; Set of Heavy Dumbbells 10-25# dumbbells I used 10,12,15

Warm up

Superman/kneeling push up
Side lunge/ 1 arm overhead press 12# db16 reps
Hip hinge row 15 # dbs 16 reps
Repeat

Floor feet elevated alternating bench press 12# dbs 24 reps
Bridge/hamstring holding dumbbells 12 # dbs 16 reps right then 16 reps left
Lunge from floor hold 1 arm biceps curls 15# dbs second round 15# dbs 8 reps right 8 reps left
Repeat

Goblet squats 15# dbs 15 reps 20# dbs second time
Overhead triceps extension balance one leg 15# dbs 8 reps right 8 reps left
1 arm overhead press lunge 10# db 8 reps right 8 reps left I started with 12# and lowered the weight
Repeat

Body weight core
Plank walk in and out
Supine knees up arms overhead windmill arms as leg extends
Both legs raise off floor and lower
Sit up to stand or (get up)

Debbie, I am glad the news is not a pin coming loose. You should be able to get the pain and inflammation down on the foot. I have been there. As far as regular shoes I have found Dansko shoes can be pretty comfortable. I have several pair and even some slip on canvas shoes. But, that is where I have got my dressier or casual shoes. Birkenstock makes their Footprints line of shoes. I have owned a couple of pair of those. As far as shoes, I am not one to be tight on cost because my feet are important. I do not have a lot of pairs though because of cost. There is nothing worse than going to church and lunch and being so relieved to kick off miserable shoes. I do need to find some new low healed closed toe shoes though. My preference is my crocs slip on sandals for around home. But, winter you just cannot wear them. They do make some leather shoes as well. My New Balance shoes are pretty comfy, but I did purchase some superfeet athletic carbon inserts for them. The bottom of my forefoot gets to hurting without the right amount of cushioning. In fact it was hurting last night and I think it is the balancing on the toes like you are going to dive into a pool that Cathe does on the strength and flexibility workout.
Why is it that the leftists are so mean spirited and hateful. That was so wrong addressing hate mail to your house. That makes me mad. I know conservative media people get hate mail and threats. What is wrong with those people? Grrr! How does this person get everyone's address anyway? I guess Google takes care of that. I try not to give full information, but they sure seem to collect it. Even using Google Maps we give them our location.

I sure wish my Fit Bit was working like it should. Even today seemed off. Walk Strong 1 mile motivation seemed kind of high for what it was then Cathe's Cardio Quick Fix seemed low again for the most part. Weights was low, but weights is always low.

Doreen, do you do your streaming from your phone? I remember streaming in the past and using my tablet to play music through a blue tooth speaker.

Checking in really late, I have had a crazy day. I still have some cold symptoms so I didn't want to push it today, I took a walk at the beach, 3 miles, all flat no hills, and I burned 485 calories. I am having a very hard time getting myself to lift weights, what is my problem! I am so unmotivated in the gym, I am loving getting outside in the fresh air. I will read our posts tomorrow when I have more time.

Debbie, I hear you on the arthritis. I have the same issue.

Have a nice evening.

Hi everyone,

Today I did SBF Feel good Arms and cardio. That's it! Had a lot of appointments and errands to run today.

My new refrigerator/freezer came yesterday. Although it come out of the box, I still cleaned /disinfected the thing, lol. I also went grocery shopping.

Debbie - Oh no,about the arthritis right in the joint of my big toe. I hope the meds will help. My DD wears Brooks. I always have a hard time finding the right shoes. I usually wear acisic running shoes. I tried Nike, my feet are killing me. I also wear Clarks ( some of their shoes are ugly). I bought a pair of dress sneakers in NY which are pretty comfy I wear them with dresses. I like New Balance shoes too.

Diane - the drive to the hospital is very far. My doctors are amazing. They take very good care of me. They also know all my medical history. I don't have explain over and over again what is wrong or what side effects I had from medications in the past. Sorry about your neck and shoulder.

I will catch up on more personals. I am pretty tired.

No workout again today, toe is a bit better but not much. The swelling is down a bit. Wearing my comfy tennis shoes today at work. Luckily every other Friday is jean day so this worked out well.

My new Brooks workout shoes came yesterday but I haven't tried them on yet. I hope they fit good.

COVID is really spreading here in OH, we are on the verge of another shutdown. I'm so worried about Thanksgiving and being around my mom. I try to be really careful, but lets get real, I work with many people during the day and even though I wear a mask, that doesn't seem to be enough anymore. It will break her heart if we don't have Thanksgiving with her. I worry about my brother, too, he is around people all day and is seeing a girl who works for a nursing facility. From what I hear, they don't test their personnel there so who would know if anyone had COVID? I think that is very irresponsible being in that line of work. My husband works at an assisted living facility and right now they have a couple of cases. He has tested negative weekly, however.

We'll see what happens, if DeWine shuts Ohio down, that will take care of Thanksgiving. I worry so much about our economy and all that is happening. I can't believe this is happening. And it seems there is no end in sight.

Sorry for the depressing rant, just in one of those moods. See what happens when I don't work out!!!

Have a great day all, thanks for your comments about my foot.

Good morning,

I did CL #317 Metabolic LB. Had a great workout. I also did SBF D40 Lower Body Bare & Balance and Stretch + Barre Amped Core = 7 min.

Debbie - Covid is spreading all over the world again. The numbers are going up in Germany/Europa. I also worry about the virus and the economy and all that is happening. It's very depressing. I know its harder on older people and your mom. Glad your shoes came. Hope you find some relieve.

Roselyn - hope you like your new job! Stay safe!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today.

I did Lift4 week 1 legs this morning and then instead of his hiit I switched and did the week 1 workout of Shaun T Transform :20. Oh my goodness - it took me a minute that Shaun T had voiced over the music track with his "catch phrases". That was something odd to hear for sure. The workout reminded me of something from instanity Max 30 - just using a step!!

I did like Lift4 - some great leg workout. Joel is a nice trainer - not too goofy, not too cheesy. I could see using these regularly and will check out the upper body workouts too.

I think its hard on the kids too... mine will go back to virtual learning after Thanksgiving break until end of semester. They miss school and the activities to be a part of. Volleyball for my daughter is on break too until ??? She needs more exercise so stopping that won't be great either!!

Today I did Cathe Live PHA 3 and had a great workout. Since I cannot do lunges, I subbed them out with Leg Ext., Leg Presses, Squat to shoulder press and Deadlifts. I ended up having a really good workout and especially in the lower body. Workout was 1 hour, I had to pause a few times to either set up for the next exercise or catch my breath. I was dripping when I was done with the workout. I burned 421 calories. My FB paused a few times, I am not sure why but I caught it because it vibrated.

Debbie, I am going on an airplane for Thanksgiving to visit my son, I will be taking Zinc, Vitamin D, and Melatonin with me so I stay healthy. Covid Tests are up for sure because the amount of tests they can do now are so much higher, but please keep in mind the death rate is down 89%. The doctors are not in the dark anymore about Covid so they know how to treat it and they are treating it a lot earlier than in the spring. I hope you like your new shoes, I love Brooks but I found that the tread wears really fast on the Treadmill vs New Balance and Asics. The sole heats up and melts, at least that is what I experienced.

Belinda, great job with the workout today. My mom's Staph infection went away by using the Infared Lamp, her doctor said she did the right thing by using it. The Doctor also said they are NOT allowed to suggest alternative medicine, of coarse, so I know you will see some relief for your auto immune issue, there is a lot of info on it if you look into it.

Doreen, nice job on the leg workout today! I think I have that workout set but i have never used it. I should pull it out.

Diane Sue, Nice job on the workout yesterday, i will check back in to read your post today.

Make it a wonderful Friday!

Today I did Perfect 30 Hiit Low Impact, 31 minutes, 150 calories, heart rate 122/146, 2,933 steps. This was before zoom class and some school work. Then I did Walk Strong 3 Cardio HIT, 32 minutes, 149 calories, heart rate 121/186, 2,401 steps. I followed this with Walk Strong 3 abs add on, 16 minutes, 27 calories, heart rate 90/128, 118 steps. I finished with Walk Strong 3 Total Body Stretch, 18 minutes,16 calories, 35 steps, heart rate 77/94. Total time was 97 minutes, 342 calories, 5,487 steps. It was weird because when I was doing the WS3 cardio as it increased in intensity, my Fit Bit was showing me at 83-88. I just quit looking at it because it was really making me feel irritable. It came out okay though. I have 10,444 steps so far today. I am getting ready to peel potatoes to cook tomorrow for make ahead mashed potatoes and potato salad. I also did an order for Whole Foods, hoping to leave shopping again till sometime next week.

Jolie, I have not felt very motivated for the weights. My problem though is that I start feeling pretty good and a lot less pain and am afraid of the pain post doing much weight work. Just going outdoors for awhile does help uplift the mood and sort of helps calm a bit I think. I am finding when I am feeling moody, lethargic, and depressed, if I go outside and sweep, water the grass and that sort of thing, I feel much better when I go back in the house.

Belinda, that is great that your doctors are all there and know your history. I often wonder about that. I think that the heart doctor pulmonologist send info to my primary doctor. She is the one that referred me to the Arthritis center and the heart doctor, but I am not sure if info is shared with the arthritis center. I just recently got on my primary office website and was able to see records. They did not used to have that before. I should look into it more. It seemed mostly stuff from their office only.
I liked the live lower body metabolic workout. How is your children's business doing with all of this that is going on?

Debbie, I am glad the toe is a bit better today and you were able to wear comfortable shoes to work today.
It does seem like someone working in a nursing facility would have more testing done. My husband's job has anyone that calls in and is sick get tested and bring back the paperwork before they can come back to work. I understand your worry about work and your mother. I guess my husband and I are the older people in our family. The family all stayed away, till my husband and I had had enough of it all and told them all to come to dinner. Of course if they are sick they stay away. I do not want to spend my Thanksgiving and Christmas away from my family. The thing with lockdowns, is it hasn't worked, so why do they think it will work if they do it again? It seems most people are running around with masks on. Less are in the stores. I am saddened about what they are doing to our economy. I hope they can get the vaccines out without negative stuff from the left holding it back. Like Jolie says, there is so much more testing being done deaths are down by a lot. Also, testing is still not accurate. My husband just told me someone from his work had an appointment to get tested and did not go in to get tested. He got a notice that he tested positive! I wish they would quit scaring people so much. I am afraid the election results may leave us in a very bad place though.

Doreen, the workouts sound interesting. I have never cared a lot for Sean T much. I kind of liked his T3 workout set I have, (the third phase). I got rid of most of his workouts.

I think children need to be in the schools. I watch my grandchildren and I see this does not do well for them learning social skills, sharing, activities together and that sort of thing. We did PE this afternoon via zoom and there are only a very few children participating. My grandson has very little interest. He is off bouncing up and down on a stability ball. I try to stay out of camera range and do some to encourage him to do it too. Fridays is the whole school (or supposed to be) They mix music and PE that day, so part of it was doing the turkey dance that the music teacher showed when teaching music nots and time. Then the coach went through warm up and cooldown. Sometimes they just throw a workout video of the coach on youtube or kids zumba which my grandson says is lame.
We have a "get along together" class twice a week to discuss how to get along with others. Hard to put in play when they are not together. Kids are in zoom playing with things, eating, drinking, all kinds of antics. The teacher keeps trying to go through things to help change the issues. Plus when kids are called on to read, the rest of the kids get bored when one is struggling and are not paying any attention anymore. Would not be the same in a class setting. And I am leaning how to make number bonds and use the number 10 to get the answer to simple addition problems:p Funny thing is, my grandson knows the answers, and doing all of that extra stuff makes it confusing. Other children when called on had no clue how to get the answers to adding 3 numbers. They have definitely changed how things are taught.

Jolie, nice workout today. Sounds like a good plan taking supplements with you to help keep up your immune system. I find we have to do our own research for natural and safe methods to deal with medical problems. Medical doctors are taught what medicines to give and medical methods. I have had a couple of doctors make suggestions, or tell me what I did was good. I take a zinc picolinate, of picolinate minerals from Thorne every day along with my hydroxychloraquine and D every day, along with liposamal C. I am also using Host Defense Immune drops that are a mushroom complex. Odd about the watch vibrating when it stopped. I guess mine has done that when it got turned off with boxing gloves or something. Mine just goes blank while working out off and on.
Speaking of boxing gloves, I got some of those clear covers that I put over my versa to protect it, that seems to keep the boxing gloves from messing with the display. I have to apply a bit more pressure to work my watch with the cover on. The only problem I have is that it does get moisture trapped under the cover, but not terribly bad through one workout.

Good morning,

CL # 315 Cardio Boxing Boot Camp is done. I also did SBF Table Top Balance + BarreAmped Stretch.

Have a great weekend.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Build and BurnCardio Core, 28 minutes, 132 calories, heart rate 122/171, 1,870 steps. I then did Raw Step and Legs, 47 minutes, heart rate 11/154, 197 calories, 3,760 steps. Total time was 75 minutes, 329 calories, 5,630 steps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.