Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2020

I just got an email from Walmart and no toilet paper in stock and no eggs or chili beans. They are offering baking soda in place of yeast. I wanted to make bread so that is a no. I have baking soda. So far the rest of the items are there. I was a bit surprised I was able to get peanut butter. Kind of useless without bread. I use it in protein balls and that sort of thing though.
And on another note, why does so many of my things I order from Amazon get lost in the mail and redirected or cancelled. I had a Kenra heat styling spray I have been waiting for. First they said it was delayed and being redirected. Now they say not deliverable and my money is being refunded when they get it back. I have had this happen quite a bit lately. They generally get lost in Texas or Kansas.

Today I had a kick butt workout! I started with STS disc #15 Back and Biceps. I jumped on my rowing machine in between sets because of the 1 minute rest that drives me crazy just standing around. Then I rowed some more, I hit 500 rows for Next I walked on my TM for 35 minutes, 7.0 incline, 3.2 speed, I traveled 1.9 miles. Total workout time was 1 hour 40 minutes and I burned 842 calories.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. Sorry to hear about your brother getting laid off, that is so bad. I think we should really see a turn around in about 2 weeks based on what we have seen with other countries. The stock market is rallying back a bit today so that is good news.

Diane Sue, I know that getting stuff is tuff right now. My son works at Sprouts so he gets things and brings them home like apples, veggies and things like that. All the restaurants are making food for take out so i think i may just do that for the boys. I haven't gotten some of my orders from Amazon either.

Roselyn, great job on awesome upper body yesterday.

Belinda, I hope you have a great workout today.

BBL to read your posts. Have a wonderful day.

Reactions: WD
Hi everyone,

Today I did Barlates Yoga Fusion Barre Mat.

Jolie - great job on D15 today. I have to remember to use my rower next week. Lucky you your son is working in a grocery store.

Debbie - sorry about your brother :( I hope Jolie is right that things will turn around.

Diane - sorry about your order. This is insane. A friend of mine called me today. she said that people are buying baby formula since it suppose to last longer than regular milk. I can't believe they would take baby food form babies if they don't have any. People are something.

Thats it for me today.

So my husband had to get tested today the owner of his company tested positive and he has a cough, sneezing low grade fever so we have to wait 5 days for results!! Send some prayers

Today I did a hiit workout.

Hang in there everyone we will get through this if we support and respect each other

• Wow
I forgot to post this morning. Day 2 of WFH is going a bit better than yesterday... less distractions. I did a beta workout from Jill Coleman's new program that she is releasing in April this morning. It was ok but I probably won't buy the program. Its a paper program and I rarely follow them.

warm up on your own
4 minutes all out cardio (I did bike)
5 rounds 8 reps deadlifts
5 sets of 8 reps cross body rows
POWER 10 - ten minutes, 10 reps alternating each move
  • bent over row
  • front raise
POWER 10 - ten minutes, 10 reps alternating each move
  • push press
  • rear delt flies

Roselyn - we posted at the same time... 5 days to wait!! Wow- prayers for the best. Where do you live (state?)

Today I did a really fun workout, RAW HGI #2. I wonder where #1 is? And when the workout started Kelly called it R&R March I think? Weird. But this was a really fun and challenging workout. You run on a treadmill and Kelly does 3 miles on it and then periodically you get off and do weights. I'm assuming HGI means Home Gym Intervals but why it's #2 is beyond me? There is already a #1 and #2 on RAW. Maybe she forgot? I'm sure it's hard to keep track of all the workouts she has done.

This one will become one of my favorites, though, I really loved it.

This is how it went:

Treadmill warmup and light jog for 10 minutes

Rows: 12's - 10 reps
Dumbbell Curls: 12's - 10 reps
Angle Lat Raises: 5's - 10 reps
Skull Crusher/Situps: 8's - 10 reps
Bench Press/Scissors: 12's - 10 reps

Treadmill for 8 minutes (she got to 1.5 miles, I got to 1.21)

Repeat weight segment above

Treadmill for 5 minutes (she got to 2 miles, I got to 1.57)

Repeat Weight segment above

Treadmill for 8 minutes (I think) up hills, this was tough (she got to 3 miles, I only got to 2.45)

Workout was 54 minutes, burned 413 calories, went 2.45 miles and did 5470 steps.

So Kelly said what speed she was running the whole time and I'm starting to think all treadmills are different. At one point she was doing a 6 minute pace and it looked like my 5 minute pace. 6 minute pace for me is a sprint or close to it. She was not sprinting. My endurance is a bit low because I haven't ran much lately but I'm not too worried about it. I don't see myself getting 3 miles out of this workout any time soon if at all. I really enjoyed it, though, was sweating like crazy!!

Jolie - Is CA on lockdown? Things here in Ohio aren't so bad but we are taking extreme steps in keeping it that way. No deaths that I know of. I still can't figure out the urgency of this virus? Yes, it is taking lives of older people, but so does the flu. I just don't understand.

Roselyn - I am praying for your husband, hope he doesn't have it but that doesn't sound good. Are you staying away from him? That would be the thing with me and my DH, we would not quarantine ourselves away from each other. If one gets it, the other one will. We'll just go through it together. :)

Belinda - Thanks about my brother, he should be ok for a couple of months. Hope it doesn't last longer than that.

Diane - How do you use baking soda instead of yeast to make bread. LOL! I don't think that will work. So I am finally feeling better with my upper back. I still have something going on with my right upper shoulder, not sure what? It almost feels like something isn't in the right place. I should go get it looked at but now while all of this is going on. How are you doing with your upperback/neck issue?

Doreen - Nice workout, that looked fun!

Have a great day everyone!

Debbie no if he has it I will get it too, as of this morning I have a cough and itchy throat so fingers crossed, 5 day wait on test result and the paper they sent home said he should not touch pets either, it can be transferred through fur! And we were by my parents, well, we always over there so I pray he is negative

Today I did Live Power Legs

Well- one plus to this whole thing might be all the free workouts everyone is offering! If only I had time to do them. Pelton is offering 90 days free trial so I signed up for that. This morning I did a 30 minute leg and glute workout. I'm not sure I like the video - its done in a dark studio so you can only see the instructor. There are live participants but they are surrounding the instructor in the dark so you really can't see them. It was kinda odd and hard to see sometimes. But his mobility warm up and the workout was good - tough! Then I did a class that focused entirely on the turkish get up. All the warmup moves focused on activating some part of the TGU and then she did a circuit including get ups. It was tough as well!

Hi everyone,

I did a light walk this morning. I twisted my knee somehow last night, can't hardly walk plus I am in a lot of pain. Aww...if it's not one thing it's another. I will relax this afternoon, maybe I will do a light stretch later.

Debbie - great job this morning.

Roselyn - sending you positive vibes. Fingers crossed your husband and parents are not infected.

BBL!

Rest day today, I am so sore from the last two workouts it is amazing. My legs are sore from the rowing machine :)

Southern California is in a sort of lock down, but people are out everywhere working out at the beach, walking and riding bikes. Restaurants can only have so many people in their establishment at a time. The bars were packed yesterday, but only in the small privately owned companies, all big chain companies are the ones that are closing down. The grocery store was empty of people and I got everything I needed except ginger, eggs and toilet paper. We have bread, milk, meat, and frozen foods like crazy. Food will not run out if people buy just what they need. No need for panic at this time. My husbands car dealership may close and if so we are so screwed.

Roselyn, prayers to you an your husband. I have a little tiny cough but I think it is from my fire logs, I get it when I sit by the fire.

Debbie, nice job on the workout today. Are you working from home now? I bet the schools will be closed till summer. I dont know how my son graduates from high school, do they all go to school all summer? Once the weather warms up they said this should slow really fast but it could kick back up in the fall.

Diane Sue, if you need bread i will ship some to you. We have just about everything here. Please don't hesitate to ask! I am buying an infrared light bulb on amazon today to size under everyday to fight off illness. I have a sauna too, my husband is sitting in it everynight.

Doreen, nice job on the workout. I have to see what is streaming for free in terms of workouts. I want to try some new Beach Body workouts this might be a great time to try them out.

Belinda, I hope your knee feels better!!!

Have a nice day and i will check back in later.

Today I just made a bunch of immune booster juice to drink. I juice lemon add water, Agave, cayenne pepper ( a lot ) and grade raw ginger. I will be drinking this everyday. Then I purchased an infrared light from Amazon to sit under to kill any pathogens and or viruses that try to enter my body. I will also use it on my achy knee because it is really good for inflammation.

Did you guys look at your retirement funds! I have lost $20,000 this week! I am going to watch the market once the stimulus package is released by the government and when the market rallies up tomorrow, I might sell at the high. I want my cash and will let it sit there until this chaos is over. Tesla is down over 600 points!!! Crazy times

Jolie - thank you. Your immune better juice sounds yummy. Off to Amazon to check out the infrared lights. Had no idea its good for inflammations.

So I am working from home now and I hate it. They are saying we might be working from home to the end of the school year and then I'll be on summer break. I can't even wrap my head around that. Since all my events are cancelled (two art shows and three spelling bees) I really have nothing to do. I can do busy work and get events ready for next year, but I'm not even in that mode yet, you know? I guess I'll just take each day as it comes. I do feel safer at home, that's for sure.

Today I did RAW Box & Kettlebell 2. Very fun workout, Kelly is really killing it with these new RAW workouts, I am loving them. I used a 10 and 15# kettlebell and used my 1# weighted gloves with the 2nd kickboxing interval in each segment. It was really fun and I wished it was a longer workout.

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 204 calories (not bad!), did 2493 steps and HR was 124/165.

Walked on my treadmill for 21 minutes, burned 139 calories, went 1.01 miles and did 2470 steps. HR was 126/136.

Now I need to make sure I get my steps in. It's easy at work because our building is quite large. Now I really have no where to walk each hour. I was thinking of getting on my treadmill a few times a day and just doing like 5 minutes at a time just to get something in. I'll see if I need to do that.

Jolie - I do not buy stock or have a 401K anymore. My dh and I opened a CD and it is making some good money for us. Our rollover is in April, though, so I don't know what the interest rate will be by then. Probably nothing. I'm sorry you lost your retirement, that is crazy! I had a 401K once, it never made much money so I pulled it out. This CD should be ok for our retirement, I have more money to put in it when the rollover happens. Kids will still graduate this year and shouldn't need to go to summer school. But, they have to do the work their teachers give them to do, they will still be graded, etc. Not sure how CA is doing it, but we are aggressively having teachers plan work for students each day and they are doing some video things for them to watch. I am not a teacher, I work for an ESC (Educational Service Center) and I put together events and programs for all our local school districts to do together. I have the best job ever and I miss it already. :(

Belinda - OMG! So sorry about your knees. Geez girl, you are not having a good time at it, are you? I hope it heals fast. My knees have been bothering me too, I have to be really careful with leg work. Every time I start working my legs they start to hurt. It's a total bummer.

Roselyn - Keep us updated. I sure hope you guys don't have this virus. Prayers to you and your DH!

Doreen - What else does Peloton offer other than the bike workouts? I wonder if I could do those workouts on my treadmill or Max Trainer?

Diane - Hope all is well with you.

Roxie - Be careful at work, that is so scary to be working near sick people at this time. Be safe. Are you wearing a mask while working?

Have great workouts everyone! At least we'll all get in tip top shape staying home so much and working out more! LOL!

First of all I am happy to say that my husband who stays up all night because he works all night took my shopping list and got some of everything on the list except meat was hot dogs and a pack of deli smoked turkey. Well not exactly deli, it was that buddig stuff. A pack of toilet paper and a pack of several rolls of paper towels :D He went to a different grocery store. They obviously limited items to no more than two of each. He brought home to 2 # bags of self rising flour. I think I can still use the yeast I have to make bread with it. No bread though. I have one loaf so will be fine for a few days. He takes his lunches to work at night. I have been eating brown rice tortillas and low carb la tortilla factory ones that I had in the freezer for veggie wrap sandwiches I use avocados for a spread. My protein has been a lot uf Nutso super nut and seed butter and whey protein. Hopefully it gets better. I don't mind them rationing the amounts so much though. I think the should have done that as soon as the hoarding started.
My brother in Florida is sick. He thought he was better and was going to go back to work, but turned for the worse and went to the doctor. Dr said flu and mild pneumonia. He says they won't check for the C virus till they test for flu first. All in all I have a scratchy throat, but I am sure it is my usual scratchy throat that I get when I have the itchy sinuses and cough a lot. No fevers or anything. I can tell the difference when it is a virus and allergies. Besides The only place I have been is to the eye surgeon two weeks ago and sitting in the car a couple of days ago to pick up groceries. Now Walmart says you can just authorize the person loading you groceries to sign his device for the groceries rather than touch the sign in device. I signed, but I took hand sanitizer with me just because of that and I clean off all containers when I get home.
My daughter is worried and says I shouldn't be around the children. I told her I would not keep away from the grandchildren. My younger daughter and two of the younger ones came over yesterday. My older daughter says one of the woment that works in her office daughter is sick and running a fever after one of the children in her daycare tested positive for the virus. Anyway, she was freaking out over me going to the store and said to wait till they come back from vacation and they will shop. To be honest, if my husband or any family members get sick, we will probably all get sick. That is just the way it

Yesterday was a rest day and I got the stitches out of my eyelids. It feels so much better. My eye doctor says I can use some makeup to cover. I am guess he does not mean eye shadow as I read on some other surgeons protocol that before 2 to 3 weeks depending on healing, eye shadow and liner can get into the creases of the incision and tattoo the incision. I guess I am isolated, I will leave it off for awhile. Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Step Jam, 32 minutes, 162 calories, heart rate 124/145. 3,441 steps and used two risers on the high step. I then did Walk Strong 3: Metabolic Conditioning, using a step with 3 risers, 31 minutes, 1,341 steps, 140 calories. This felt pretty aerobic and did compound moves throughout using the step for most of it. Total time was 61 minutes, 302 calories, 4,782 steps.

Roselyn, praying for your husband. I am the same way, if my husband gets it I will probably have it right along with him. I would try to disinfect and clean everything, but I am sure it would happen. Try to stay healthy. 5 days for results is crazy. By then the person has been sick for some time. My daughter who is a physician says there is not much here in Oklahoma available for testing right now. Her lady in her office could not get her daughter tested. Maybe they are saving for the elderly or something. I don't know.

Jolie, thanks for the offer. I bet it is handy having your son working at Sprouts. Restaurants are starting doing that here too. I am glad my grandson just started a new job, as I think his two other ones which were in a coffee shop and delivering pizza would not have been good right now. I rather liked the delivery from Whole Foods, but paying the amount they charge for things and for delivery would get old fast. Plus, their stock is probably down too. I have kleenex coming today from Amazon. Funny they refunded the hair product and claimed it undeliverable and it showed up on my door step yesterday. This has happened in the past and one time I had mens cologne that they refunded and I reordered and it came, then the first one came almost a month later. I could never find a way to let them know I got it. It seems they would have record from the deliverer. I was looking yesterday and couldn't find a way to let them know.

Belinda, I was thinking about baby products when I looked for flushable wipes on Amazon because they did not have toilet paper and no wet wipes were available either and that included baby wipes. Then I thought of all of these people and their baby needs. I used to use wash cloths though when mine were little other than when travelling or something. Formula is a whole other thing. That is just wrong. Maybe you should just elevate your knee today and rest it.

Debbie, I suppose someone could make Irish Soda Bread, but I would think it would be too crumbly for sandwiches. That is funny about the HGI 2. I will have to look. I remember two HGI workouts on Raw and the Run with me and then she started Ripped and Ride. My neck and upper back issues are doing pretty good right now. That shoulder issue is a problem though. I even work up a couple of mornings with my arms feeling like they were both asleep and my wrists throbbing. Wondering if it was from all of the plank and push up moves I have done in Jessica Smith's workouts. I did not do the plank push ups with one hand on step and in plank position today. Just my knees on the floor. My neck has started feeling better when I got rid of my mound of pillows to elevate like the surgeon told me to do. Back to my thin my pillow and neck roll again.

Jolie, the stock market is in a roller coaster ride. My daughter who is a Physician says she ist really trying not to let it bother her. That is her retirement. I think my son's retirement is in 7-11. I keep praying it will get better. I knew infrared was good for bacteria, but I didn't know it was good for viruses.

Good news, I made back $2,100 on my IRA today!!!!! My dad is a commodities broker so he sat on the phone with me and helped me diversify my account so I can rest easy. I am staying in it because I am in it for the long haul so you just have to stay patient.

Todays workout was another kick butt one, STS Disc # 16, Chest/Shoulders/Triceps, I am jumping ahead to week 2 already. I am going a head because I am bored and there is not much to do besides workout, take my dog for long walks, clean, laundry, watch TV and so on. I rowed all the way through my workout and a long portion at the end and hit 720 rows. Workout was 1 hour and 20 minutes and I burned 642 calories. My back and legs are really starting to look good! I would say that my rowing machine is one of my best purchases I have made in a long time besides my treadmill.

What to do with all of this time on our hands? I would pack but now we may stay here and rent month to month because everything on the MLS is on hold. We will see tons of houses going up for sale now, people are really over extended on debt and now with a possible recession, houses will be the first to go. A project I have been wanting to tackle is my filing cabinet. What a mess!!!!

Debbie, my sons college is going to on line classes starting Monday but my sons high school sent no work home because they didn't know they would be out for so long. They started their spring break for this week and now I just got an email that school will be out for another month!!! My son doesn't even have any school books at home so I don't know what is going to happen. All the kids are at the beach surfing and hanging out. At least my son is picking up extra shifts at Sprouts but they are giving more to people who have families to support. He is ok with that because we pay for him and he would like to help those people out in time of need. Great job on your workout today, I am so glad you are not in pain anymore. My knee is still sore but I think I have tendonitis. Once I receive my infrared lamp on Sunday I will use it on my knee. I think you mentioned that you have a conceal carry permit? If so, have you noticed how expensive ammo is now? We went to the store and stocked up but wow on the price.

Diane Sue, I am so happy you got your stitches out of your eyes! I know you will feel better now with them out. Did they get itchy? I am also so glad that you got some groceries and toilet paper. Its funny, my store has tons of bread but you cant get eggs to save your life! I have a scratchy throat and a little cough but I think it is from my fire logs burning all day. I always get a head cold in the Spring because of the change in weather and the allergies. I am going to TJMAXX today if they are open to get some bands to do some band work. I like to buy the cheap stuff because they always end up breaking.

Roselyn, prayers for you and your husband.

Belinda, I ordered the RubyLux NIR-A Infrared Bulb Grade A for $27.99 and the Clamp Lamp so I can sit under it clamped to something. Read about them, they are so good for immune system, inflammation and pain control.

Doreen, I hope you have a great workout today.

BBL to read other posts. Have a nice day. Raining here again today, we have had so much rain in the last two weeks it is just crazy. I will get sunny later in the day so I may go to the beach for a walk. I already took my dog to the golf course for a long walk this morning.

Jolie, that is great that your Dad was able to help you and you gained on your IRA. It has been awhile since my husband has purchased ammo. He purchased a new Sig Sauer (sp) gun for police work and a few boxes of ammo about 6 months or so ago. He used it for a requalifying recently for his new job and I have no idea if he furnished his own or they furnished. My husband did get ground beef. I just didn't see it and it is a giant 10lb roll of it. He said there were 3 left. It is 80/20 though. I told him he did amazing. Also he got a pack of water. He said a couple of things he could have grabbed more, but there were others wandering around looking and he just did not feel right taking any extra. He said the meat area was gutted. It is sunny here today after pouring rain half the night. I went out and put out weed and feed and round up yesterday. I am sure it was all washed away. My granddaughter that is at OU is doing online classes too. My husband got a dozen and a half eggs. He did see someone on facebook offering eggs first come first serve that had chickens. It was on the other side of the city though and I couldn't see us making the trip. I am so glad to get those stitches out. They were so itchy and irritated and I was getting an allergic reaction to the antibiotic I was putting on them. Feels good today and I was amazed that when I was driving yesterday I realized that I had been missing some things like the sidewalk on the sides of the road. It startled me at first as I thought someone was on the side of me unexpectedly.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.