Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2020

WD

Cathlete
Getting us started.

Belinda, I bet you are a mess!! I hope your daughter's dog will be alright. I am sure you are beside yourself with worry.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Weights Circuit. Kelly now has work sheets for some of the Raw weight workouts on her website. This was 31 (28 actual) minutes, heart rate 102/144, 689 steps, 79 calories. I figured I would get some work in today since Thursday I have the surgical procedure and will have a rest day. Not sure from there.

Workout was done in circuits with a few changes each circuit, timed at 30 sec each move
Kelly uses 12.5 # dumbbells, 7 # dumbbells, and a barbell which I think she said is 25#
circuit 1
chest flys 12# dbs 11 reps
skull crushers 12# dbs 11 reps
alternating pledge curls 12# dbs 16 reps
alternating shoulder press 5# dbs 16 reps
alternating bent over rows 12# dbs 12 reps
triceps kickbacks 8# dbs 8# dbs 14 reps
deadlifts barbell 35# 10 reps
deadlift squats 35# barbell 9 reps
Circuit 2
chest flys 12# dbs 10 reps
skull crushers 12# dbs 10 reps
alternating pledge curls 12# dbs 16 reps
alternating bentover rows 12# dbs 12 reps
lateral raise 8# dbs 11 reps
deadlifts barbell 35# 8 reps
deadlift squats 35# barbell 8 reps
Circuit 3
bench press 12# dbs 8 reps
tate press 12# dbs 10 reps
hammer curls 12# dbs 9 reps
alternating shoulder press 5# dbs 10 reps
bentover row barbell palms forward 35# 10 reps
alternating single leg deadlift 35# barbell 12 reps
deadlift squats 35# barbell 9 res
Circuit 4
bench press 12# dbs 11 reps
tate press 12# dbs 9 reps
alternating lateral raise 5# dbs 10 reps
alternating back row 12# dbs 9 reps
alternating single leg deadlift 35# barbell 8 reps
squats 35# barbell 8 reps
circuit 5
chest flys 12 # dbs 10 re[s
alternating bentover row 12# dbs 10 reps

Wondering how JS 4 mile power walk is. Also, what about Leslie Sansone? I have never done her stuff. I would like something upbeat and fun in that category.

I am still having issues with knots, etc. The Body Buddy was working great, but I am in some pain today. Not sure if it's because of pressing on those knots so much? Maybe I shouldn't do it so often? I will lay off for a day and see if it's better tomorrow. I have such a headache, too.

I walked on my treadmill for a while but the movement of my left arm was making my stupid upper back burn. WTF? Why is this happening? I am so sick of it. I just want to work out, why is that so much to ask?

Solo & Ensemble on Saturday was a very long day. I walked a lot (20,000 steps) and lifted stuff, moved stuff, etc. I think that irritated my upper back. Yesterday I had to work in my kitchen almost all day and that really bothered me too. I have no time to just relax and let it heal.

Sorry for the negativity. Just so tired of this.

Belinda - I am praying for your DD's dog. OMG, that is so sad, poor thing! I hope he gets better but reading your post, it doesn't sound too good. Hugs.

Diane - Nice job on your workout. I'm so afraid to lift anything right now. So irritated about this problem. I used to do Leslie Sansone workouts and I liked her. I did her walking workouts when my back went out a long time ago. It was the only thing I could do at that time.

Be back later!!!

• Sad
Reactions: WD
Belinda I am so sorry praying for poor furbaby. We lost our furbaby of 16 years last january, and Friday night we adopted a chiweenie, we said we never would after losing him but our hearts were ready. He has really attached to me, in the past our dogs attached to the kids but just me and my DH. But he is so funny and makes us laugh.

So yesterday I did a fit tower leg and today I did Insanity Max 30 cardio

Keep us updated Belinda

Belinda, as you know my 13 year old dog has heart problems. I did not give him the heart meds, instead I put him on nutritional supplements and he is a completely different dog, I say a change in less than 1 week. He could barley walk 1 mile and now he walks 4! I got two supplements for dogs off Amazon and they are great for heart support. I also give him a lot of our supplements like B Complex, EFA, DHA, and so on. Here is what I bought if you want to check into it. Read the reviews. Every living creature should be on COQ10 , 10 mg from Vetri Science Labs. Then I have Young at Heart by Pet Wellbeing, it is a dropper that tastes like bacon. These two have done wonders for my dog. Good luck, I am sure you are stressed, I am stressed just reading your post!

Today i did STS Meso 1 Disc 4, Chest/Shoulders/Biceps and had an incredible workout. I love this workout series!!! Then i jumped on my rower and rowed 200 reps and boy was that tuff. I was so sore yesterday from rowing Saturday i could barely move :) Todays workout was 1 hour 7 minutes and i burned 438 calories. Tomorrow is cardio.

Debbie, ouch on the knots! I wouldn't work on them everyday because then they don't have time for the inflammation to settle down and that causes pain. I would do it every three days or even less. My Chiro works on my knots really hard at my appointment and it takes me about a week for it to completely settle down and have the pain to go away. It will release and you will feel great! Good job on the walk today.

Diane Sue, nice workout and that is great the Kelly has workout sheets now on her website. Leslie S. has been around for ever but i have yet to try one of her workouts. I think they are walking in place type of workout.

Roselyn, great job on the fit tower legs workout. How do you like your job so far?

BBL to read other posts. Have a nice day.

This morning I did Raw Step 3 modifying a bit on the compound weights since they have overhead shoulders and upright rows. I did about half of that segment those moves and the other half bicep s curls with the lower moves. I forgot that Kelly says you should/ can do with weighted gloves or a weight vest. I should have used my lighter weight vest to intensify. This workout was 44 minutes, heart rate 130/172, 232 calories, 4,176 steps. I finished with Jessica Gentle Yoga neck and shoulders, heart rate 84/127, 21 calories, 35 steps, 21 minutes as I started with the wrong workout and soon realized.

Debbie, I am so sorry for you and what you are going through. Wish I could help, but my problem seems to be ongoing. I find when I do light stretching, stay off the computer, and relax more, mine gets better. But, then who wants to keep doing that? I feel better and workout and get back into what I normally do and the pain starts up intermittently again. Yes, even things like picking up pots and pans in the kitchen can cause me to feel the pain. Shopping for groceries and loading and unloading can set things off. I go to Sprouts with my own shopping bags and they pack those things to the brim and it takes both hands to lift them up and into the cart. I bet it was the long day of lifting things and probably not doing things you would normally be doing that has caused the problem to flare. You probably had enough stress over it all that it caused tightness. Keep working at it. I really do want to lift more. I have been spending time reading guidelines on strength training and Rheumatoid arthritis . Anyway I am trying to make myself do more strength at lighter weights for most as Web MD says it is good and Arthritis foundation says it is good to do strength work. Web MD says many will just quit moving and that is the worst thing they can do.

Roselyn, nice work. I have been eyeing my Fit Tower workouts. Although I would avoid the pull ups.

Jolie, nice work on the weights today. I need to write those supplements down for Gertie. She is in good health right now but the vet gave me a vet prescribed dog food from Royal Cannan he though I should use. I am not going to use that formula though. Not with the main ingredient as cellulose to make the dog feel full. I am getting the weight management Royal Cannan which has different fiber in it. Reviews are good. She acts like she is starving all of the time as I have to keep her grainfree food servings small. The one I ordered has Omega 3's and good stuff. I just hope the going back to having some grain is not a problem. We have used salmon grain free for years.

Yesterday DH and I been in the vet clinic all night long. We got a call Pootcho took a turn for the worst. He had heart failure last night again, he was turning purple. They had to revive him. The cardiology got him stable, but he is still in critical condition. His blood presser dropped to 30, they got it up to 80. Preferably, they would like to see this blood pressure up to 100. He also turned purple last night.They got him on oxygen and changed this heart medicine. He needs to be monitored another 24 hours. He got a ruptured valve in this heart. Bootcho has degenerative Heart disease. His heart is enlarged and pushing on his ribcage. Which probably caused the ruptured valve in his heart. They are trying to stop the bleeding in his heart. The Cardiologist was very honest with us this morning. Her dog had the same problem. She said it's very common in small dogs. The Cardiologist said he probably will have another ruptured valve in less than 4 month. She also said, he could run the risk of kidney failure. It's heartbreaking to watch him like this. There isn't anything anyone can do for degenerative heart disease. Bootcho has been on heart medicine since last year. My DD's vet already increased his heart medicine. DD's vet didn't sugar code anything, told us what is going on. DD even took her dog to a holistic doctor with the approval of her vet. My DD is taking it really hard. DD bottle-fed Bootcho. She had him since he was a puppy. The cardiology is one of the best in the country. I know he is in good hands.

Thanks everyone for your prayers! I really appreciate it.

I am sorry for no personals. DH and I getting ready to drive back to the clinic to see Bootcho. I hope Bootcho is stable enough until my DD comes back from her business trip on Friday. They took him of the oxygen.

I am so tired and beat.

This morning was the new RAW 7 Strength. This is a fabulous workout. 7 moves, 7 reps, 7 rounds. The last 2 rounds she goes to just using the barbell for all the moves and I kinda wish she had done barbell for all 7 rounds.

Moves are:
One arm Row Left/Right
Power curl and press
squats
deadlifts
Bench press
weighted hip thrusts
weighted dips

Walked on my treadmill again. Talk about the world's boring exercise routine right now. I'm feeling better today, but probably because I took some IBUprofin. I didn't use the Body Buddy yesterday, I just heated both sides of my back. That really feels good when I do that.

Oh, I also did Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch. Love that one.

Jolie - Thanks for letting me know I shouldn't press the knots out every day. I bet that is what made this worse. I was really good last week working with weights and everything, and then I worked on those knots and have done that every day since. Makes sense that they need to heal. I'll wait a few days and then try it again if they are still there. Great job with STS Day 4, I'm glad you are enjoying those workouts again. They are fun.

Diane - I know what you mean with this crazy pain we are having. I guess we just need to be careful until it heals. It just feels like it never will. Nice job on your workout yesterday. When I was doing my yoga this morning, my FB showed no heart rate every time I would look at it. WTH??? I know you said yours was doing that too. Stupid watches. LOL!

Belinda - So sorry about your DD's dog. Waiting to hear back, I sure hope he's doing better.

Doreen - Nice job on your workout!! That does look like a great workout, I will definitely have to try it when I can!

Roxie - Where are you? I thought you were going to start posting again?

Have a great day everyone!!

Today I did cardio. I walked on my TM uphill, 40 minutes,7.5 incline at a 3.2 speed, ( slow I know but I have to go slower when walking on an incline ) traveled 2.12 miles and burned 393 calories. Then I got on my rower, damn this is the hardest exercise ever, rowed for 16 minutes, 412 strokes at a high resistance and burned 157 calories. Workout was 56 minutes and I burned 550 calories. Wow, my legs are fried when I get off the rower. Think of leg pressing 412 times!!! :)

Belinda, wow, I am so sorry about your daughters dog, I know it is heartbreaking. I will continue to pray for him. That is the fear I have with my dog too.

Debbie, I bet you are bored with walking. Can you use your other piece of equipment the Bowflex one? Maybe do both to break it up a bit. Can you do legs once a week? Maybe a step workout that doesn't have a lot of turns in it?

Diane Sue, My dog is doing very well on the heart vitamins that I ordered for him off Amazon. We have seen a tremendous change in him, he is doing so much better than before. My husband gives him everything, he even gave him some greens powder yesterday on his food and he loved it. I give him bone meal as well and Flax seed and wheat germ oil. What we do for our pets! I hope you have a nice workout today.

Roselyn, have a great workout today.

Doreen, great job on the RAW 7 Strength workout today, it sounds fun!

Have a wonderful day.

This morning I did Raw 7 Strong, only doing the 1st 3 rounds as it bothered my shoulders and neck, 19 minutes, 54 calories, 611 steps, 106/149 heart rate.
I then went with my original planned choice which is Real Raw 3 (love the music), 41 minutes, 121 calories, heart rate 105/153,1,456 steps. I finished with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga chest and back, 21 minutes, 21 calories, heart rate 85/100, 28 steps.
Total time was 81 minutes, 196 calories, 2095 steps.
Raw 7 Strong uses a bench, 33 lb barbell and 20 # dumbbells 7 rounds 7 reps
one arm row 7 reps 20#
curl and press 7 reps I used 12# dbs instead of 20 3rd round I just did squat curls with 20's
suitcase deadlift 7 reps 20# dbs
bench press 7 reps 20# dbs
hip thrusts 30# barbell 7 reps (kelly switches this around with the next move for the rest of the rnds)
dips 30# barbell 7 reps
this is done 7 times (I think as I only did 3 rounds)
REAL RAW 3
one arm back row right arm left arm 15# db 32 reps, 15# db 33 reps flat back, 15# 18 reps 1 leg lift balance
cardio res
one arm chest press 12# dumbbll 13 reps, 12# dumbbell 13 reps 1 leg, 12# dumbbell 12 reps both legs
one arm bicep curl right arm left arm 12# 13 reps, 12# 12 reps 1 leg, 12# 12 reps other leg
lateral raise bent arm 8# 12 reps, (kelly 10's), 5 # 12 reps, 5# 12 reps
squats no weight, squats right and left 15# dbs 18 reps, side to side squats 15# 14 reps
double arm kickbacks 10# 12 reps, 10# dbs 14 reps, 10# dbs 13 reps
side to side bench jumps
burn outs all 8# dbs except front raise alternating I used 5s
alternating bentover row
palms up chest press
alternating hammer curls
alternating front raise
triceps extension rnd 2
Rnd 2 burn out
alternating bentover rows
pec dec used 8's
alternating hammer curl
triceps extension
butterfly press

Belinda, thinking and praying for what you are going through.

Debbie, my watch has quit doing that since I did the factory reset. I sure hope I do not have to do that often though. I still think it is low on calories , but it is better than it was. I tried an app that does the heart rate that I read about on a heart site. It was terrible and all over the place. It made me appreciate my Fit Bit.

Jolie, great workout today. Some dog foods have that stuff in them. I don't know if mine would eat greens powder. Anything green hits the floor and she sniffs and walks off. That includes blueberries I have offered her. My other dog would eat green things except brussells sprouts which she toyed with.

Belinda- Hugs to you and your DD. So hard to loose a family pet.

Nothing exciting - I just walked on the TM for 60 minutes this AM trying to catch up on work.

Today I decided to try a different type of cardio so I chose Kelly's RAW Box, Bells and Band. Fun, fun workout. I can't wait until I can give it my all. I didn't use any weights for the boxing parts and only a 10# kettlebell. Didn't even work up a sweat but it was still fun and I burned calories. She has some really cool workouts on RAW. I am feeling better, just bruised through my upper back, not sure why it feels like that? So weird.

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 192 calories, went 2285 steps and HR was 122/166.

I also did RAW Stretch & Tone but only did the upper body stretch/flow part. I stopped when she got to the foam rolling. I liked it, it felt good. The only thing I didn't like was going from pigeon to cobra. I felt that was dangerous for the low back. I just did cobras.

Belinda - So so sorry about Bootcho. That is the worst part of having a sweet pet. My friend here at work had to put her cat down yesterday and she is also heartbroken. I cry for you both because I know how it feels.

Hopefully I'll BBL!!

This morning I did Jessica Smith Youtube Fat burning abs: full length hiit cardio & core, 31 minutes, 132 calories, heart rate 122/156, 1,672 steps. I really felt this should have been higher on both steps and calories. I did not do any of the modification options. It had impact in it and squat thrusts. I was disappointed. It was way better than the cardio ab workout that I own of hers. I then did I Max 4 combos only premix, 27 minutes, hert rate 122/157, 128 calories, 2,585 steps finishing with Step Boss Chair stretch, 16 minutes, heart rate 91/107, 16 calories, 16 steps. Total time 74 minutes, 276 calories, 4,273 steps. I still feel like these numbers are really low. Oh, well!

Belinda, nice work on the treadmill walk

Debbie, I don't know about these knots and weird spots. I was rolling out the side of my back near my under arm last night and found it was knotted again. I also found a spot in the front of that shoulder that prompted me to go to PT. I kept putting pressure on it and kneading it. It felt much better this morning. I did that whole stretch and tone workout. I kind of entertained the thought of doing it tomorrow morning before I go to my procedure they are doing. Only thing is I will be fasted and not drinking water.
I have not been using weights for boxing lately. I find it sets off the neck and shoulder so just is not worth it. Especially when I get too aggressive. Nice work. Kelly has some really fun workouts.

Today I had a kick butt workout. I started with STS Disc 5 Back and Triceps. Cathe uses bands in this workout, which I do not like so I jumped on my rowing machine and did that instead of the bands. By the end of the workout, I had rowed over 300 strokes. I burned 406 calories during this workout. I am loving STS again, I may repeat Meso 1 again before moving onto Meso 2. After lifting I got on my TM for 21 minutes, incline 7.5, speed 3.2, traveled 1.1 miles and burned 223 calories. Total workout time was 1 hour 21 minutes and I burned a total of 629 calories. I feel great today. Tomorrow will be my rest day because I have an early dentist appointment.

Belinda,
I am so sorry for your loss. My neighbor down the street lost one of her dogs yesterday as well, the other dog seems so depressed. I know that I will absolutely die when my dog leaves me one day. I cant even think about it without crying so I get what you are going through.

Debbie,
Yay on getting to do something else besides walking today, I bet it felt great!!!!! I cant wait for you to be able to lift again with us. Have you lost a lot of muscle mass? Mine goes so fast now that I am older. :(

Doreen
, great walk today and getting some work done at the same time!

BBL to read other posts.

Have a nice day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.