Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2020

Hi everyone,

I went for a long walk outside today.

Debbie - great job this morning. I am a little slow these day's posting my workouts.

Diane - I hope Cathe will slow down someday. That's not a bad deal on KCM raw channel if she puts out her dvd's too. One day i will check her out. I don't think I ever went shopping a 2 am :) I don't think anything is open? Good for you. Happy Anniversary!

Jolie - great job on the walk. You do need a recovery here and there. Glad you listen to your body.

Roselyn - great job on the Live BC yesterday.

Doreen - looks like you having lots of with with checking out free fitness instructors. Great job!

BBL!

Today I had the Best workout! I started by taking my dog to the golf coarse for a nice long walk, 40 minutes, 1.6 miles and I burned 224 calories. Then I walked on my TM for 20 minutes, 6.5 incline, 1.1 miles and burned 180 calories. Then I did STS Back and Biceps Disc # 21 and burned 404 calories while rowing 400 strokes in-between sets. I finished with another 20 minutes on the TM, 1.1 miles, 6.6 incline and burned another 183 calories. Total workout calories burned was 1,046! Now keep in mind I walk my dog like that everyday but I never include the calorie burn into my workout calorie burn.

I am lifting heavy right now and loving it!!!

Debbie, great job on that workout today, it looks great. Those tend to really kill me, but in a good way. I just cut out all wine, I love to drink wine, and all of my aches and pains went away! My knee doesn't even hurt at all anymore, crazy how diet can change everything. It seems since you have been working at home your shoulder and neck area are doing better :) I don't want to get that muscular look again either. However, it is hard for me to look like that with the weights I am lifting now, I lifted a lot heavier back then too. I am also tall so it is hard to put on any kind of serious mass to my frame.

Belinda, I am glad you enjoyed your walk today!!!!

Doreen, you amaze me how many workouts that you find to do that are free!!!

Roselyn, did you all get the Corona Virus Test results back yet? Nice job on getting the workout done! I wish we lived close to one another, I would have you do my hair!

Diane Sue, how did you eye heal, does it look good? Happy Anniversary.

BBL to read your posts, I am off to do some major laundry and cleaning :(

Have a nice day.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Strong and Lean mix Strong and Lean Intervals which is each body part done with one of the kickbox combos in between. This was 59 minutes (55 actual) heart rate 110/163, 235 calories, 3,552 steps.
Workout weights Uses a barbell, dumbbells, and tubing for each body part and a step for triceps and chest
Biceps- barbell curls 30# , hammer curls double arm/alternating hammer curls 15# dbs, tubing alternating run curls
kickbox
Back-barbell rows 30#, plie 12 # dbs rows, tubing standing scapular squeeze double and singular
lower Body - barbell squats 30# , side to side lunges 15# dumbbells, side to side step tubing
Kickbox
Shoulders-barbell overhead /push press 25# bar, alternating upright row 10# dumbbells, lateral raise front raise tubing singles then doubles
kickbox
Step added
Triceps- barbell dips 30# bar, skull crusher 12# dumbbells, seated kickbacks with tubing
kickbox
Chest- bench press barbell, single arm flys dumbbells 12#, seated fly pec dec tubing

Roselyn, glad to see you are still at it. Our governor was talking on the news about our state starting to be able to check out those tests themselves. It has taken quite some time to get the results back because they have to send them out of state to places like California. Now they will be able to get answers in 1 day.

Debbie, nice work today. I keep checking for a way to fix the Fitbit , but I have tried all of them. I have read that some get a replacement still have the same problem after they use it for awhile. I have wondered if the watch stops showing when we are over a limit or something in heart rate. Although I think mine has lost it doing yoga, so that may not be it. I keep hoping there is some upgrade and it starts functioning right. Our schools are not resuming classes in their buildings the rest of the semester. I guess they are working on how they will put this in action.

Belinda, as far as I know this is the only grocery store around me open all night. Walmart changed their hours. Everything that was open late is shut down. We drove through Mcdonalds so my husband could pick up a night meal. He works during the day so generally eats something in the middle of the night for one of his meals. They only have drive up. Good job getting in a walk. I saw neighbors out walking. I think people kind of want to get out of the house. I took our push mower out and mowed our backyard since it was getting long. It was 90 here yesterday and close today. So weird after the heater running two days ago. Storms are coming in soon. Hope we don't have the severe weather.

Jolie, I used to do long workouts through the day like that, but the thought makes me tired now. I look back and think of all of the other things I couldn't find time for and think I could have cut down a little LOL. Yeah, I think some of the really heavy lifting I did may have caused some of the issues I have now. My eyes are healing pretty quickly. It can take up to 6 months before the scars are not perceptible. Right now I can put on some foundation and it is not very noticeable, but the doctor said it will take 6 to 8 weeks for the rest of the swelling to go down and the redness. I think it is going to be great though. I have so much more field vision on the sides that I did not realize I was missing. Also the added plus of no droopy wrinkly skin on my eyelids.

Doreen, I bet it keeps away boredom with all of those new workouts. Glad it was fun today.

Jolie,

I have to laugh at my self. I saw the Cathe Live announcement and thought - Oh- maybe I can actually do a Live workout live - I'll plan on that for tomorrow.... and then realized it was Thursday already and I missed it!! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: WD
Good morning,

STS D15 Back & Biceps is done.

Jolie - glad you enjoy STS. I do too.

Diane - we on lockdown like the rest of the country. Only drive through, grocery stores limiting everything.

I will be back for personals.

I did #290 CL Total Body Fit this morning (recorded- ha). It was a great barbell workout with a few dumbells and bands thrown in for good measure. I enjoyed it.

Today I got on my treadmill and did a run/jog/walk thing on my own. Had a good sweaty workout. I took today off from working at home because it's my birthday and my DH and I are going to watch movies. We had to go grocery shopping, which I hate doing right now, but I got enough food for two weeks.

Workout was 46 minutes, I burned 344 calories, did 2.75 miles and went 6005 steps. HR was 129/186.

Have a great safe day everyone!

Debbie - Happy birthday! Hope you have an amazing day today. I ate going grocery shopping too. Wished they all would deliver to your home.

Today my son and I went for a long walk on the beach, soft sand, traveled 4 miles and burned 707 calories. Boy, that was so hard walking in the sand, my feet, calves and legs are so tired. It is so pretty and sunny today, I am sitting on the deck and I am going to read all afternoon and get a sun tan :)

Debbie, Happy Birthday my friend!!!!!!! I hope you have a fantastic day with your hubby. Way to go on the TM workout today, we have to keep moving or we will loose our sanity. It helps to tire ourselves out when we have to stay inside so much.

Belinda, great job on the STS workout today! I have one week left in Meso 2. I am not doing Meso 3 because I dont want to lift that heavy. I may start back on Meso 1 again and do the whole thing again.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a nice workout today.

Roselyn, did you ever get the test results back?

Doreen, that CL workout looks good, I saw the clip on FaceBook and thought I would like that workout. I am so tired of high impact workouts, I want just basic weight training workouts again.

BBL to read your posts.

Have a wonderful Friday! I cant wait to get in my pj's tonight and watch tv, I am tired today.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Quick Fix both workouts, 45 minutes, 247 calories, heart rate 127/161, 4,795 steps. I then did the Cardio Quick Fix abs, hips, and glutes bonus, 15 minutes, 41 calories, heart rate 101/127, 539 steps followed by Step Boss bonus ab stacker, 9 minutes, 20 calories, heart rate 98/115, 97 steps. I finished with Step Boss extended lying stretch, 10 minutes, 10 calories, 8 steps. Total time was 80 minutes, 339 calories, 5,439 steps. I really do have fun with Cardio Quick Fix. I just always expected it to be super easy or something plus at the time I was still not wild about floor cardio. First workout is low impact and second workout cranks it up, but has a low impact modifier. I have checked my heart rate by taking my pulse and using my timer on my tablet and sitting and right after my workout the heart rates were close within 2 beats. I don't get it really. I have not tried stopping midst a really high impact segment though. I would need to catch my breath before I could do that and by the time I got started it would significantly be lower.
We had a hard hailstorm right when I was bathing. My dog started whining and barking so I opened the bath door so she could see I was there. She settled and laid her head inside the doorway(not allowed in the bathroom). It was big hail. Totally unexpected. None of the weather apps or my watch predicted it. It woke my husband up and he came to talk to me about it. He went back to bed as he works tonight. You could see hail damage on cars that neighbors had outside. Glad I put mine back in the garage after mowing yesterday.
I quickly got ready and ran to Sprouts around the corner, figuring they would not be all that busy. It was not bad at all. I got most of what I wanted other than single bottles of water and forgetting to check on the hand soap. I am picky about my hand soap and Sprouts is generally the only place I purchase for my bathroom. I got salmon and will cook up some with some roasted or steamed broccoli this evening.

Doreen, LOL, that sounds like something I would do. Well you got in a good recorded live workout ;)

Belinda, Both time I have been to the store it has not been bad at all and most things were on the shelves. They were busy stocking today. They had a guy in front spraying down the carts and lots of sanitizer at the door. People cleaning everything through the store. Half of the meat and deli people were wearing masks. I saw a woman with a little girl (not real little as about 5 years old) hanging on her back in one of those baby carrier things. It looked funny with her long legs wrapping around her mother, but I guess it kept her from reaching out at things. She was squirming all over the place. I am sure it was uncomfortable for both.
Debbie, happy birthday. Watching movies together is what we did for our anniversary celebration night.
Somehow my husband came up with a bouquet of roses and pink tigerlillies. I was so surprised when I got up this morning and saw them sitting on the table. One of the things I dread about going out shopping is that since it is peak on allergies for me and I tend to cough and sneeze, I am almost afraid to go to the store.

Jolie, enjoy relaxing after the long walk and enjoying the sunshine. It was sunny and hot here yesterday so I got out and mowed. It is a bit cooler today. At least not up in the 90's :)

Roselyn, good to see you are still working out and not sick ;) Hope it stays that way.

Last edited:
Today I did Coffey Fit Real Raw 3, with the Real Raw original only back and first set bicep( I stopped because I was messing up cuing and couldn't find my print out), 50 minutes, heart rate 102/149, 1,960 steps, 156 calories. I finished with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga chest and shoulders, 21 minutes, 21 calories, 31 steps. Total time was 71 minutes, 177 calories, 1,991 steps.
Real Raw original 1 arm row 20# right 17 reps left 17 reps 2nd set 15#
Biceps curls did 1 set 17.5# right and 17.5 # left
Real Raw 3
one arm back row
right arm then left arm 20# dumbbell 22 reps set 2 20# 20 reps set 3 15# 18 reps
one arm chest press 12 # all 3 sets 12 reps set 2 and 3 has leg movement as well
one arm biceps curl 15# 18 reps, 12# 11 reps. 12# 11 reps (balance on leg set 2&3)
lateral rise 10# dumbbells 18 reps, 10# balance right 7 reps, 10# balance left 8 reps
squat unweighted 19 reps, weighted 1 leg squat 15# dbs 16reps right and left, side to side narrow squat 15# db 16 reps
Double arm kickbacks 10# dbs 14 reps, 10# dbs 16 reps 1 leg back, 10# dbs 16 reps other leg back
side to side bench jumps both feet, 1 foot, both onto step and off
burn out circuit # 1
alternating bentover row 8# dbs
palms up chest press 8's
alternating hammer 8's
alternating front raise 8's triceps overhead extension 8's
burn out circuit #2
alternating bent over row 10# dbs
pec dec 8# dbs
alternating hammer curl 10# dbs
overhead triceps extension 8# dbs
butterfly press 8# dbs

Hi everyone,

I went to Costco today. They only let so many people get into the warehouse. They also cleaned carts, inside they cleaned everything. They installed plexiglass at all the cashiers/fresh pizza place. They also put a limit on how much each member can buy. All the shelves were fully stocked, which made me every happy :) They were out of toilet paper/paper towels and sanitizer wipes. Everything else was fully stocked. I didn't needed toilet paper, I ordered some a few weeks ago. Still got some. I hardly use paper towels. We use cloth napkins. I just don't get the TB thing? When we stood inline, which moves quickly. We saw a few people buying freezers.

I did Step Sync today. Modified.

Debbie - hope you had a fantastic birthday and day yesterday.

Jolie - glad you enjoyed your walk on the beach. You did a lot of workouts yesterday. I like your STS plan. I heaven't decided if I will do M3. My knees feel pretty good since yesterday, I would like to keep it that way.

Diane - great job yesterday and today. Those workouts look good.

Roselyn - any news on the tests? Great job on your workout yesterday.

Roxie - how are you doing?

Doreen - great job as well.

Tomorrow I will take a rest day. I probably will go for a nice walk outside.

Here is some facts I read on Fit Bit. These were updated this year. Interesting anyway and explains a couple of things.
Why is my heart-rate reading blank or frozen on my Fitbit device?
Occasionally your device may have difficulty getting a strong signal, especially during exercises that cause your arm to move vigorously. If your heart rate is blank or frozen, try to relax your wrist and stay still for up to 10 seconds. On Versa 2, you might also notice a spike or dip in your reading as your device finds your heart rate. In both cases, normal tracking should resume shortly.

For additional troubleshooting steps, see Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device?
Are there other factors that can affect my heart-rate reading?
Several factors can affect your heart rate, including air temperature, stress level, physical body position, and medication use (source).
Exercising in cold weather can make it more difficult for your device to track your heart rate, as environmental conditions can affect skin perfusion (the amount of blood that flows through your skin).

Spikes in your heart rate during sleep may be caused by sudden movements (for example, waking up and getting out of bed), or a weak signal due to wrist placement.

Review our tips in How do I improve the accuracy of my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device? For any concerns about your heart-rate data, contact your physician. Why is there a difference in my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device versus another device?
At times, you might notice slight variations between your heart-rate reading on your Fitbit device versus on another device (such as a chest strap or another wrist-based heart-rate tracker) due to the differences in technologies.

Differences between heart-rate readings on your device and on exercise equipment are likely due to wrist or hand position. Make sure the back of your device is in contact with your wrist and that your band is snug.

Note that you might notice slight variations in your heart-rate readings on Versa 2 as compared to readings on another Fitbit device. We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.

Last updated: February 1, 2020

I signed up for the free 90 days Fit Bit premium so I can play with it a bit. Doubt I will keep it though. I set up for several things as far as sleep, cholesterol which gives suggestions and recipes as well as helps along the way. I noticed they have different video workouts and self help videos for sleep etc that do not require the premium, but some things are locked.

Belinda, I really do like Kelly's workouts and Raw workouts. The Raw is fun, I think because she is like having a friend working out with you. I would imagine those people that are buying freezers have decided they need to stock up just in case something ever comes up again. Those are probably also the hoarders. I have a freezer that is empty. It works, but I need to get someone to come out and put a new gasket on it because the one we installed is not helping. It is not frost free, and it doesn't seal tight so I have to defrost every 2 weeks in the summer. Not something I want to do. I think we only filled it once in the years we have had it and that was because we bought a side of beef. Always wanted to do that again, but just haven't. My daughter wishes they had kept their cows and chickens. They just got rid of their cows. I bet they rethink and get some. They whole idea of their land was to grow and harvest their own food. They still do a large garden, have bees and honey, and fruit trees are starting to produce if the deer don't get to it.
I am glad stores are starting to get their stock back in. The main reason there has been none is the hoarders and the fact stocking is not fast enough. Limiting should take care of that. Crazy about paper products. I use a lot of paper towels. I started doing that when we had an aerobic septic system and tried to keep down laundry. They are not a real necessity though as long as we can wash rags we are good.

Diane - glad you enjoy KCM raw workouts. They do look like a lot of fun. Yeah, I don't get the stockpiling either. Just don't get it. I think, if everyone would just take what they actually need, we wouldn't have a shortage on a lot of things. I am so happy to see that Costco limits all their products and their shelves were fully stocked. You already buy in bulk. Why do you need a supply for the next 10 years? I also enjoyed the limit on people in the warehouse :) I wonder if our lives will ever be the same after this virus is over? I went all green years ago. I don't use paper towels. I only keep some when my son comes with his puppy. I use microfiber clothes for everything else. I have enough cleaning rags for my floors and I have enough microfiber rags for everything else. I still clean my floors the old fashion way. This is what I use to clean my floors https://www.hauswirtschaft.info/reinigung/breitwischer-vs-schrubber.php. The floor rag is called a Schrubber and the rag is called a Putzlappen in German. My mom cleaned like this and I still clean like it. The rag you can wash in hot water, gets everything clean. Had mine for over 15 years they still holding up nicely. I ask my sister to get me a Scrubber (they have natural fibers) since I can't find any here in the US. I guess I will have to wait until all this craziness is over. I'll bet a lot of people are rethinking on being more sustainable.

I am in the progress of cleaning out my basement. took everything out of my storage room and reorganizing/going through everything. What a mess I created. BBL

I forgot to check in yesterday. Saturday's workout was a 70 minute walk on my TM, 6.5 incline, 3.2 speed, 3.1 miles and burned 545 calories. Todays workout was 1 hour walk on my TM, 3.2 miles, 7.0 to 8.0 incline, 3.1 to 3.2 speed and burned 603 calories. I was really feeling the incline today on my rear end :) It is so pretty here today, I will fix up my deck and water plants today. I went to Lowes yesterday, the parking lot was full, everyone is fixing up their houses or planting gardens while stuck at home. I bought some potted plants, Bougainvillea, my favorite plant and put them around the deck. It looks so pretty, I bought hot pink and purple. Next I want to buy Hibiscus, the stores should get them in the next month or two. I plan on reading in the sun today and enjoying my view and nice weather.

I hope you all have a great day. I have lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks!

I did the Free workout MIchelle Dozios posted on instagram. It was about 4 songs from different BodyFit 360 workouts - some from 4 and some from 2. It was really fun, low impact easy to follow choreography! I downloaded it to save for a quick easy cardio day. But like everything else - I'll forget I have it!!

Good Evening,

Well tomorrow Kansas is under a Stay At Home order if you are not considered essential you can’t be out and if caught its a misdemeanor. I happen to be essential because I work in a pharmacy. The doctors are only seeing seriously ill patients other than that they are doing phone visits. My daughter works at a doctors office and they are getting ready to furlough their employees, we have been really slow. I did a StudioSweat Spin w/Bethany today it was a LISS ride 60 minutes 16.4 miles 664 calories burned.

Thanks for the birthday wish everyone!! It was good considering we couldn't go anywhere. My DH got me a bunch of devices to help with my knots. One is called Emerge VIBR Vibrating Fitness Roller: https://emergefitness.com/products/vibrating-foam-roller - man, this thing is awesome. I used it this morning and it felt great. He also gave me a kneading massager that literally feels like a you are getting a human massage. Its amazing. I used it on Friday and will use it again today. I thought all my knots were gone until I used it and realized they are still there. He also got me a vest that you wear that is a heating pad for your back. I haven't used that yet but will. He's a great gift giver!!

Today I did two Max Trainer workouts:

Max Endurance with Tom Holland, workout was 20 minutes, burned 119 calories, went .43 miles and did 1089 steps. HR was 120/154. This was more of a continual speed workout but he added resistance. It was good for a warmup. I liked it a lot.

Then I did:

Max Endurance 14 with Jared, workout was 19 minutes, burned 125 calories, went .49 miles and did 1284 steps. HR was 126/162. I've done this one before, there are hills and then 8 sprints. I really like this workout too. Was nauseated when I got done, I really pushed it.

I might walk on my treadmill at lunch time. I gotta get ready to work. I have two Zoom meetings today. Pretty cool that we can do that, it's sort of fun.

Be back later! Have great workouts!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.