Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2020

Belinda - that is awful. We are pretty lucky here, our grocery stores are receiving a shipment every day, at least Giant Eagle is. We are limited on how many things we can buy, but we can still get most all items. However, when I went shopping last week and went to two stores, neither had any meat. No beef, no chicken, nothing. It is scary.

Debbie - it is awful. I really hope they get all this under control. I was so stressed out after my grocery shopping. I ended up buying vegan meat instead of real meat, lol. All the selves are empty. No flour. No toilet paper. I am so glad I ordered some 2 weeks ago. This is crazy. A lot of my neighbors have giant freezers in their garage. They all stockpiling meat. I only need enough to get me through the week. I usually shop a few times a week, I like things fresh. I am glad you still get everything.

They closed the beaches today. Too many people were not practicing social distancing, so they had to ruin it for all of us. I see the Navy Medical Hospital ship out front of my house on the ocean going to LA to be an alternative hospital for the Corona Virus. It is huge!

Today I did STS Meso 2 Disc # 18 Back/ Biceps and rowing. I had an awesome workout with my boys, we are all working out together and having a great time. I will post what I did today so you can see how I am incorporating my rowing machine. My back is looking so good right now and so are my legs. I put in some squats at the end of the workout too. Workout was 1 hour and 22 minutes and I burned 467 calories. Since I incorporate the rowing I have no rest breaks unless I pause the dvd. This makes the workout go by really fast and I burn more calories.

Rowing warmup - 70 rows
STS warm up
Row- 50

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 12
Narrow Grip Pull downs- 60# x 12
Narrow grip palms facing inward pull downs- 70# x 12, x 12
Row- 25 rows

BB underhand rows- 40# x 12, row x 20, x 10, row 20, x 8
BOS- 30# BB x 20 TF
Row x 20

1 Arm Horizontal Rows- 20# x 12, row x 20, x 10, row x 20, x 8
BOS- 17# TF
Row x 20

DeadLifts BB- 40# x 12, x 10, x 8
Row x 40

Standing BB Curls- 35# x 12, x 10, x 8
BOS-25# BB x 20
Row x 40

Seated Alt. Hammer Curls with a twist- 20's x 12, x 10, x 8
BOS- 15's x 20
Row x 40

Seated Concentration Curls- 17's x 12, x 10, x 8
BOS- 12's x 16
Row x 40

BB Squats- 35# x 12, x 12, x 12
Row- x 60

Total rowing strokes 405 with the highest resistance. Yeah! I could have done more but i am feeling good now and don't want to get a head cold again or worse.

Debbie, great job with the Cardio coach today! My husband is working 6 days a week from 8am to 7pm. The dealership usually stays open till late but they have a curfew now. How do you like your Bowflex max trainer? I am looking to buy a new used elliptical of some sort and see these for sale on Face Book market place. They seem cool because you don't have to do them very long to get in a great workout. What model do you have? We have all kinds of meat, the only thing we are really low on is eggs, but I ended up finding some to buy. My son eats 12 eggs a day for football so I ordered him egg protein powder instead to make it easier if I couldn't find eggs each day.

Daine Sue, my neighbor was older but I am not sure how old he was. Probably somewhere in his late 70's or early 80's I guess. I didn't ask but how sad that he died. What are you doing this week for workouts? I sat under my new infrared light the last two days and it took my cold away! I also did a lot of ginger shots with cayenne, I am sure that helped as well. I am trying it on my knee today to see what it does for the pain under the kneecap.

Doreen, great job on the Cathe Live workout. Way to go on finding the free workouts that are being offered. I am sure I will be looking for something new once I am done with STS.

Belinda, are stores are stocked again, they put a limit on how much of each item you can buy so there is NO hording. They should have done this from the very beginning. I have all the food we need and just pop into the store when I need something. Great job starting Meso 2, my favorite! I am starting week 4 tomorrow :) I am trying to do 2 weeks into one week since i am not doing the leg workouts. I am walking, rowing and doing some additional legs on the end of each workout to incorporate legs. Did you say you had a rowing machine?

Roselyn, did you get your test results back?

BBL to read your posts. Have a nice day, i am off to read in the sun for awhile and then do some cleaning, my house is always messy now that everyone is home! :) but i like it.

This morning I did Step Boss Step Sync, 64 minutes(longer because I had text messages from my daughter about items she picked up for me when shopping) 266 calories, ( I also used Map My Fitness Today which said 370 calories) heart rate 101/155, 5,741 steps. The 101 seemed awfully low for average heart rate. Still going by the Versa 2 though. That was it for me today. My daughter brought my bread, ibuprofen, and spam by. I talked to her from across the planter while she was sitting in her car. She was heading out to get groceries with my granddaughter who is in college. She has an apartment by the college.

Debbie, I worry so much about everyone and safety at work as well as not having work. I sure hope this is over soon. Our bank wants people to do banking online and still has drive up open. All of the shut downs are really putting a strain on people. Great workout today.

Doreen, it is sad when we cannot get just the few essential grocery items. My daughter found me a loaf of bread yesterday. I am running out of produce and am going to have to try to get some. I see a lot of woment checking out free streaming workouts.

Belinda, that is awful that you can only get 1 can and 1 package meat. The ground beef happened like that for me with Walmart. I had a large package and a 1 lb package and they gave me jut the 1 lb package. I thought how hard that would be for someone like my daughter's with children to feed too. I guess you have to dump veggies in to extend the meat. I have been making soups so I get more meals out of a package of chicken. I don't get why there is no food. Especially when they are limiting amounts. Is it because everyone bought so much they can't stock it or are we having a famine on everything. I would like to take hoarders out and shake them. That is a long drive to go to a grocery store for so little. Do they put up signs about limitations? I am glad that you had the mri and xrays. At least you know what you are dealing with. If they do knee replacement, does it provide cushioning?? I have never thought about it much as to how we function when it is still bone on bone without cushioning and stuff around the joint.

Jolie, glad the light has helped with the cold. That is sad that they closed the beaches there. I know how much you like to walk on the beach. No sun out here lately to go outside and enjoy. I would like to go outside and get some sun and do some yard work. I bet it is fun to workout with your boys. I have not chosen a workout this week. I am kind of going with how I feel and if anything hurts. I hurt all over yesterday and today things are good. If I am still good tomorrow I will do something with weights involved.

Last edited:
Today I did the first RAW Box & Pump. Laurie is in this one with Kelly. I really like this workout, its tough and fun!

Each segment is 1 minute

Boxing warmup

Rows: 15's
W Back Flies: 8's
Overhead press/flies: 8's

Boxing w/1# hand weights

Supinated Curls: 15's
Hammer Curls: 10's
Front/Hammer Run Curls: 8's (killer!)

Boxing w/1# hand weights

Upright Rows: 12's
Bent Elbow Lateral Raise: 8's
Bent Over Flies: 8's

Boxing w/1# hand weights

Overhead Extension: 15#
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5's
Dips

Boxing
w/1# hand weights

Chest Press: 15's
Flies: 12's
Face Plant Push Ups

Squats:
SKIPPED
Back Lunges: SKIPPED
Scales: SKIPPED

My knees were bothering me so I skipped the leg work. I hope my traps will be ok, they really felt this workout. So far right now I'm good. I'm not sure what is going on with them, but they still hurt every now and then. At least it's about 93% better. I plan on walking on my treadmill during lunch.

Hope you are all feeling ok so far. I wish Roselyn would update us, I sure hope she and her husband are ok. Not hearing from her worries me.

Take care everyone!!! I'll be back later for personals.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Daily Burn Cardio Kickbox with Anja Garcia for 30 minutes. This was a fun kickbox workout for 30 minutes and she packed a lot into 30 minutes!! Her combos moved quickly and she didn't spend a lot of time building them up so very time efficient and would be fun to do again.

Then I did the Daily Burn Spartan workout "Army Crawl". You guessed it - lots of on the floor moves like bear crawl, rolls, crab walk, spiderman pushups and army crawling. Not as fun but different movements.

Hi everyone,

Today I did CL#272 Love me some cards kickboxing. This one is very high impact, very fun combos. I had to take out all the high impact moves. Still got a great workout.

Roselyn - thinking about you.

Debbie - great job on your workout this morning.

Jolie - what are you up too today? I hope whatever it is's a fun one.

Doreen - nicely done this morning.

Diane - have fun with your workout today.

Have a great workout and day everyone.

This morning I did Box and Pump 3 Raw, 59 minutes, 278 calories, heart rate 122/171, 3,935 steps. I then did Raw abs finisher, 19 minutes, 41 calories, heart rate 92/141 and finished with Lite extended stretch 2, 13 minutes, 11 calories (I added a bit of neck shoulder stretching. Total time 89 minutes, 330 calories, 4,338 steps.

Box and Pump 3 boxing with lower body strength segments. I used 1# dumbbells for the boxing Kelly says no more than 3#

boxing
squats 34# barbell
squats with 15# dbs
plies holding 12# dbs together and raising heels
boxing
barbell deadlift 34#
reverse lunge 15# dumbbells
good morning holding 10# dbs on shoulders
boxing
barbell front lunge 34#
bulgarian split squat 15# dbs
curtsy lunge kelly 10's I used 15# dbs
boxing
side to side step with loop band
squat side to side with loop band
kick leg back with loop band alternating legs
boxing
side lying clam shell with loop band
lying on back hip lifts open knees with loop band
stretch

Debbie, you probably are somewhat better working at home where you can stretch out and move while getting work done. Nice workout. I looked over the moves from that this morning and decided to stick with the one that is predominantly legs. I did wear 1# gloves for the boxing though.
I am worried about not hearing from Roselyn too.

Doreen, that instructor's name sounds familiar. I like time efficient workougs. I don't know if I would like the second one.

Belnda, that Cathe Live workout sounds good, other than the high impact. Glad that you enjoyed it.

Today I did STS disc #19, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. This one was really fun and tuff, it incorporated the Double Wave Loads. I lifted pretty heavy today and got a great workout. I burned 423 calories. Then I walked on my TM for 20 minutes and burned another 200 calories. Total workout was 1 hour and 20 minutes and I burned 623 calories.

Chest Press double wave load
20's x 12
22 x 10
25's x 8 Repeat

Chest Flies-
20's x 12, x 10, x 8

Incline Chest Press-
22's x 12, x 10, x 8

Incline Chest Flies-
20's x 12, x 10, x 8

Seated Overhead Press Double Wave Load
17's x 12
20's x 10
22'x x 8 Repeat.

Lateral Raise
10's x 12, x 10, x 8

Rear Flies-
10's x 12, x 10, x 8

Lying Triceps Ext. Double Wave Load
12's x 12
14's x 10
15's x 8 Repeat

Lying Cross Body Ext.
15's x 12, x 10, x 8

Kickbacks 2 arms
10's x 12, x 10, x 8

Debbie, the workout you did today looks fun! Walking on you lunch break sounds great, I bet your shoulders will loosen up too.

Diane Sue, I am glad that you could workout today and you feel good.

Doreen, I hate bear crawls!!!! I could never do that type of workout any more, I wouldn't be able to get up! :)

Roselyn, please check in and give us an update on you and your husband.

Belinda, way to go on CL today! I am loving STS!!!!

BBL to read your posts. Have a nice day.

No test result yet it was a week today!! We are feeling better. I ran the fever Sunday and yesterday none just a cough still for both of us. Maybe it is just a cold This is just scary my parents I saw today through their window I just needed to see them, I do not know when I physically will

My poor husband I know is antsy to get results and get back to work, so far they are open, I know I am laid off until April 22 so far, have not even got to get on a salon floor yet, but so many people are losing so much. The owner told us all to sign up for unemployment, and we will all get through this.

I did an STS leg today

Stay safe girls

Jolie, nice looking workout today. Those chest and overheads would kill me right now at that weight. I miss the heavy work.

Roselyn, glad to hear from you. I hope your husband gets an answer soon. If you are better and you both did have the virus you are lucky that you are better. It is scary with all of the stuff on the virus and getting a fever that may be just a more common illness. I am glad you are both better. My daughter brought me some things yesterday and I talked to her and my grandson with them in their car and me on the other side of a large planter.

Today I did a Bowflex workout and did Max 10 Minute Peak Burn w/Amy Dixon. Haven't done this one in a while, I love it. Very tough workout, it goes back and forth from a resistance of 4 to 6 and you do 10 second sprints every 50 seconds. So you alternate between the two resistances 10 times. 6 is hard for me, to give you an idea of how the resistance is on this thing, when it's on 8 I can barely push the pedals down. So it's hard.

Workout was 14 minutes, burned 80 calories, went .34 miles and did 863 steps. HR was 119/164. Every time I looked at my FB it said my HR was 95. No way possible.

Then I got on my treadmill and walked for 31 minutes, burned 200 calories, did 1.5 miles and went 3615 steps. HR was 118/131.

Roselyn - I cannot believe you don't your test results back yet. WTH? Maybe that means you don't have it? I would think if they knew you had it you would have been notified.

Diane - Box & Pump 3 is 54 minutes long? I didn't think that one was that long? I want to do that one but my knees aren't liking much lately so I am being careful right now. Great job on that workout, it looked tough!

Belinda - Great job with your KB workout, watch those knees. Cathe does tend to have very high impact KB workouts. Wish she'd tone it down a bit. Even her "low impact" workouts seem high impact to me!!

Jolie - Great job with your workout yesterday, I love the double-wave loads. Very challenging. And wow, you are lifting some heavy weights, there! I am really sore from my workout yesterday. Crazy.

Doreen - No thanks on the army crawl workouts!! Great job with it, though!

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe!!

Debbie - great job on the bowflex Max trainer this morning. I agree with everything you said about Cathe's impact. When she shuffles side to side, I walk side to side. My kicks are very low kicks. When she jumps, I walk in place/or do high air squats. I modify the heck out of her workouts. I also wished she tone it down a notch. I did get a good upper body workout in yesterday.

Jolie - I love STS too. It's one of my favorite Cathe programs. Great job yesterday.

Roselyn - I hope you get the test results soon. Payers for you and your husband.

Doreen - I hate those moves. Not thanks!

Diane - great job on your workout yesterday. I was wondering does Kelly upload all there current dvd's on the Raw channel too?

I will try to be back later.

Belinda - That is good that we are all aware that we can modify and not feel guilty about it. I used to have a real problem with that. I always had to do what the instructor was doing or I wasn't getting a good workout. So glad we know better now!

I forgot to tell you all - did you hear about the party that happened in Kentucky that some twenty-something year olds had called "Corona Party"? Well, one of the geniuses of this party ended up with the virus and now they are scurrying to see who else has it that he was in contact with. Unbelievable. How irresponsible can these kids be? I bet that didn't just happen in Kentucky, either. Unreal!!

• Wow
This morning I did Daily Burn's Live to Fail - Pillars of Strength 1 workout. This was a leg workout. 4 sets of 12 reps:
Goblet Squat
Box Step up
Calf Raises
Reverse Lunges
Box squat to calf raise

Then I did 2 of 3 rounds of the Spartan workout - Strong Hold. (which is supposed to build grip strength) This was another fun one (but the exercise explanation takes forever- ff next time).

This was 45;15
Walk out
Fingertip Bear hold
Row and catch
asymmetrical squat w/ open grip
Hollow body hold
over/under pinch grip squat
Front lean Push & drag (this was fun)

Daily Burn does a workout series with a new workout every day.... which would be fun but they are too easy to really make it worth subscribing on a regular basis.

Debbie - I heard about that party too on the news.... and yeah- I bet that wasn't the only one. That frontal cortex undevelopment makes young do stupid things.

Belinda- Kelly just uploaded her latest 2 DVD releases to her RAW channel. So they released last summer and were uploaded a couple weeks ago- so not bad- less than a year.

Today is an active recovery day since I lifted heavy for the past 2 days. I have DOMS all over today and it feels great. I took my dog for a long dog walk at the golf coarse today, 1.5 miles and I burned 301 calories. I will go out for another long walk outside or jump on my TM depending if any of my boys are using the gym room. It is truly a blessing that we all have at home gyms during this crisis, I don't know what I would do with out it!

Debbie, great job on the workout today. I was doing my workout yesterday, and during BB Bicep curls i was thinking how on earth you used to curl 50#! My max was always 40#'s! You always lifted such impressive weights :) I wonder why your FB is tracking your stats so low? Mine is getting old but is still working ok. I only wear it for my workouts anymore, the battery just isn't as good as it once was. They are saying schools back east will be out till Fall!!! WTF, what are parents going to do? Home schooling your kid is the most challenging thing, mine just yells at me if I ask to see his work or even talk about what he has to do for the day. Everyone is getting on each others nerves from being at home so much.

Diane Sue, at least you got to see your family even if they stayed in the car! I am making a lot of veggie dishes right now since they are so available right now in the stores. Last night I put cut up red peppers, mushrooms, white onion, garlic, tomatoes with tomato just and backed it for 45 minutes. Then I added Parmesan Cheese to the top and broiled it till it was crispy, boy was it good!!!!

Belinda, what are you doing today for your workout? I will check back in later to see what you did.

Doreen, nice workout today! You are finding some really great workouts to do. I am happy doing my trusty STS right now.

Roselyn, have you found out anything about the virus yet? I bet you don't have it, because how could you have the energy to workout? I guess some people don't get bad symptoms like others.

BBL to read your posts. Have a nice boring day.

This morning I wanted to see check and see if my cardiovascular system was still working well so did Coffey Fit Real Raw #2 cardio hiit. I flew through it and did not modify. It has loads of jacks, air jacks, tuck jumps, squat thrusts side to side. Even Kelly dropped out and modified once in awhile so I felt good about it. Only thing is my Versa 2 had me at 90bpm when I was doind tuck jumps. I was breathing hard and sweating. I paused and switched it to my right arm and it picked up a bit. I still believe it is not correct or I am in excellent superior shape and I doubt that. Once it showed no heart rate when I looked at it. Anyway, that workout was 37 minutes, heart rate 129/157, 199 calories, 3,481 steps. I finished off with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Neck and Shoulders, 19 minutes, 21 calories. Total time 56 minutes, 220 calories.
We are celebrating our 47th anniversary today, 2 days early, but my husband works tomorrow night all night. It will be watching movies at home. We went grocery shopping at Crescent foods at 2 am this morning. I am afraid I will fall asleep since I clock watched and was up at 8. They had plenty of groceries. I found what I wanted and there were only a few things that had signs saying only 1 of the item please. Like ground beef, fut it was a 4# package of lean ground beef. I wanted salmon, but they only had the frozen stuff in bags. That generally is gross. If I wanted that I would eat the Walmart brand I have in the freezer. I will wait till I can get it from Sprouts. Most of the people in the store were the stockers putting stuff on shelves. A handful of shoppers.

Debbie, that was a really good workout yesterday. Kelly does go a bit lighter than I did for most of the moves. Not much though. I got a decent calorie burn out of it. These young people are so ignorant. I imagine there are a lot that have done that sort of stupid thing.

Belinda, maybe someday Cathe will feel the need to take the impact and some of those moves down a notch. She is creative enough to do it, but I am sure she feels the need to put stuff out there for the younger group that are not dealing with our issues. I was surprised when Kelly said she was putting her newest dvds on her streaming. It is an excellent price for getting so much in workouts. She is also working on some new dvds and practicing for filming.

Jolie, enjoy your recovery day. I love vegetables roasted like that. I spiralized zuchinni last night and added some garlic and tossed in the skillet and ate a teriyaki ground turkey dish that was suppose to go over rice, but I put it on the zuchinni. It was yummy that way.

Doreen, I wouldn't want to spend money on workouts that were too easy. It is nice to do one once in awhile though. Nice work.

Today I did RAW Step Drills & Compound Moves. I know I've done this one before but I don't have a workout sheet printed out so I wrote down the exercises while I was doing it. It's a fun workout. My knees bothered me a bit. I had to stop and stretch my quads a bit and then rub down my knees, they were better for a while after that. I modified but then also added intensity when I thought I could do it. Kelly uses 12# dumbbells for the entire workout, I did for the most part but lowered for some of the shoulder work.

30 seconds each drill:

Step Drill

Squat/High Pulls:
12's
Alternate Lunge/Double Arm Rows: 12's
REPEAT

Step Drill

Lunge off Step/Hammer Curls:
12's
Plank Rows: (I just did double arm rows, no plank) 12's
REPEAT

Step Drill

Plie/Preacher Curls:
12's
Static Lunge/Butterfly: 12's (should have went down with this)
REPEAT

Step Drill

Slow Squat/Hammer Curls:
12's
Curtsy off Step/Lateral Raise: 12's (used 5's for 2nd set)
REPEAT

Step Drill

Left & Right Knee Ups/Clean-Ups:
12's
Squat Out Right/Snatch Home: 8# (these were hard with 12#)
REPEAT

Lots of bicep work but no tricep work, but it was a really fun workout, it went fast. I didn't even feel like working out, my head is all plugged up and I wasn't feeling very well. I feel great now and my head is clear. So great what exercise does for you!!

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 282 calories, did 3099 steps. HR was 126/162.

Diane - My FB has been doing that too, showing my HR was really low, like at 95 or it wouldn't show it at all, when I'm breathing really hard and my heart is racing. My Ionic kept better track of my HR than this Versa 2 does. Not sure what the difference is, it's frustrating. My calorie burns were always higher with my Ionic, too. It's weird. Great job with Real Raw yesterday, you are superwoman! I can't get into those workouts, not sure why? ETA: Happt Anniversary! That is a long time. My DH and I will celebrate 24 years next month. Hard to believe!

Jolie - Yes, I was doing 50# bicep curls at one point, that's probably why my elbows hurt all the time now. LOL!! I used to lift crazy heavy. I sort of miss it, but I'm also enjoying my workouts that I'm doing now. I think caution is better than injury. Plus I'm not too keen on the muscular look anymore. Funny how your tastes change. Hope you enjoyed your active rest day.

Roselyn - Great job with your workout, you must be feeling better. How is your husband doing? Any word on the results yet? Can he call the doctor's office?

Doreen - Nice job on your workouts. Yes, our young ones need to grow a brain, it's frightening how some of them are.

Belinda - Hope you have a great workout today! Hope your knees are better.

Last edited:
This morning was a GymBox Advanced Step Routine. This time I did ff through the first 5 minutes to skip the long warm up. I really like some of these and this was one of them. Good choreography and fun combos with move I've not see done before.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.