Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2020

This morning is generally my rest or just stretch day. I did Walk Strong 3 yoga + pilates, 33 minutes, 48 calories, 217 steps , 83/145 heart rate. This has a lot of core work in it. Its some of these remind me of her build balance and strength set that I have.

Debbie, I don't know what to think. All of the shutting down and people "stockpiling so called essentials" is crazy. I was hoping to be able to go out myself at later in the week to do some on my own. My daughter and her family all went on a spring break vacation, stopped in Baton Rouge and had a place rented at Gulf Shores. She said they went to the store to buy groceries and there was no milk, no beef, no eggs. She said they had to buy cereal and ground turkey. My husband went to Mcdonalds today and bought home lunch after he went to church. I told him to save the extra napkins since we couldn't get toilet paper. I hope they work this out. I looked on Amazon and the toilet paper was out of stock. I found 1 pack that showed available, but it would not let me put it in my shopping cart.

Today I did RAW Box & Pump 2. I really like this workout, it is fun and the 80's music in it is excellent. Makes me really workout hard. Love it!

Boxing Drill
Squat Rows: 12's - 16 reps
Run Rows: 8's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill
Overhead Press: 12's - 16 reps
Connected Front/Side Raise: 5's

Boxing Drill
Overhead Triceps Extension: 15# - 16 reps
Run Kickbacks: 3's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill
Chest Flies: 15's - 16 slow reps
Run Press: 8's - lots of reps
Ab work: 5's
Hammer Curls: 15's - 16 reps
Run Curls: 8's - lots of reps.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 286 calories and did 3222 steps. HR was 128/161.

I got started late this morning, so screwed up about all of this. My workplace is talking about shutting down beginning Wednesday until further notice. I will be able to work at home which is ok with me, but I will miss all my colleagues. I just don't like this feeling of our independence being taken away, even if it's for the greater good. However, I understand what they are trying to do. Once we eradicate this virus, the sooner we can get back to living.

Diane - People hoarding foods and supplies is ridiculous. They are saying have enough food and supplies for two weeks. Grocery stores are staying opened so what is the problem with everyone doing this stuff? Let's hope this is over soon.

Have great workouts everyone!

Reactions: WD
I've also been asked to WFH to minimize the numbers in the office. We'll see how that goes.

This morning I did Strength and Stamina workout one followed by a mini-band finished circuit I say on Instagram.

Good morning,

I pulled out Cize, did the first workout. It was a lot of fun. I still had to modify some of the moves. Loved it.

I don't get why people stockpiling? Why don't they get what they need? This is crazy. I talk to a Costco employee he said they getting more shipments.

BBL

I have not worked out yet. Debating on taking a couple of days off till I see my eye doctor and get these stitches out. Worried about them being in so long as my left eye looks like skin is covering the stitches in the middle. Other eye is still red and swollen. I am supposed to go in Wednesday.

Belinda, I see Amazon is saying end of April for most of their toilet paper stock. I doubt I will make it that long so am hoping to find some in a store before then.

Debbie, yes, it is not fun having the freedom to be out and around friends. I haven't been out now since surgery anyway. Other than I put on sunglasses and road with my husband to the Walmart pickup. If people did not hoard for enough to last them months there would probably be enough for everyone. Then you have the ones that hoarded hoping to make big profits reselling stuff. I hate this. I really like the music in Box and Pump 2. The music is like that in I think the first or 2nd Real Raw weight workout. The one that uses dumbbells and kettlebells for the weight work. It is all weights. Whichever one it is, it has been a favorite I have done quite a few times.

Doreen, I like Strength and Samina. With family at home I would think working from home would have some distractions. I hope it goes well for you.

Diane - Costco still have some TB online. If you need some crap it before it's gone. I don't get all this hoarding either. Sorry about your eys. Maybe you should take a few day's off if you having problems with your eye.

Sorry I have been MIA, but my son came home from college on Friday night, and my parents came to visit for the weekend. I did not workout because I wanted to help my parents get some supplies so they dont have to go out and worry about running out of anything. My dad is 86 and my mom is 83, my mom is susceptible to Pneumonia so I want her staying home as much as possible. We went out to lunch and had a great time on Saturday and instead of getting food, my husband and boys went and bought ammo! The gun stores are so packed it is crazy. My kids went out to the desert to shoot their guns since everything is closed today. This is crazy, I just don't get it. It is the FAKE NEWS blowing it all out of proportion to make it look like Trump cant handle it and is incompetent. Makes me want to vote for him more :)

Todays workout I start STS Meso 2 disc #13 Chest/ Shoulders/ Triceps and had a great workout. I am lifting the heavy, I think I haven't lifted this heavy in a few years. It feels great. Since there is a one minute break between sets, I jump on my rowing machine and get some cardio in. Afterwards I walked on the TM for 20 minutes uphill, 6.5 incline, 1.10 miles. Total workout time was 1 hour 25 minutes and I burned 801 calories. I rowed 400 strokes on the highest resistance.

Debbie, all of our schools are cancelled till April 3rd. My son in College has to go back on Sunday because the coach is not cancelling football. Great job on the workout today. I guess since we will be home so much we can get in great shape!

Belinda, I started STS Meso 2 today. I love using the rowing machine in between sets, it really makes the time go by fast and my heart rate really gets up there too. Nice job on your workout, I have never done that one before. I just found Hammer And Chisel from Beach Body that I have never done so I might do that next. I love Sagi from Body Beast and Autumn has her own segment as well.

Doreen, at least you can get really good workouts in since you will be working from home!

Diane Sue, I hope your eye heals well and I bet you are excited to get the stitches out.

What do you all think about the Stock Market? I lost quite a bit of money but I know it will rebound once the hysteria settles down. This is just nuts!

Have a nice day.

I went ahead and used some of the short Walk Strong 3 workouts strung together. Streamline Sculpt, 16 minutes,88/135 heart rate, 39 calories, 416 steps. I used 10# dumbbell for most and a 5 for overhead movements as she moves pretty quickly for some of these moves. I cannot see anyone doing some of her weight stuff with the maximum weight she has listed and the pace. I then did Total Body (short) 15 minutes, 51 calories, heart rate 105/128, 715 steps. Finished off with Total Body stretch, 18 minutes, 20 calories, 40 steps, heart rate 82/107. Total time was 49 minutes, 110 calories, 1,171 steps.

Belinda, do you have to have a membership to order from Costco?

Jolie, I bet it was nice having your son home for awhile. Nice that you were able take your parents supplies. I don't get it either. Some poeple are just so easily deceived by media. My daughter says she is trying not to worry. That is her retirement when and if she ever retires from being a physcian. When everyone is over this it will go back up.

Jolie - what a great idea using the rowing machine in-between sets. I will start M2 next week. Didn't you ask about 21 Day Fix the other day? I was going to replay, but forgot with everything that went on. I love 21 Day Fix. Do it if you have it. I also have Hammer and Chisel, this one is different. Still good. Everything got canceled here in WV too. We are the only state that I know off, nobody has the virus yet. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Diane - I'm sure I can send you some TP if you don't find any let me know and I'll send you some. You can always use wash clothes, then wash them in bleach if you have too. Let me know.

Belinda, I went on to Costco and they did not have any available anyway. Wow, they cost a lot for membership since I am not likely to go there. To far from my house and I am not one that loves to travel.

Debbie, that is so kind of you. I have been going over options with my husband for if we run out. I did another pick up order at Walmart for a different store that is the super center and not the grocery and so far they have not said the toilet paper is not available. I could only have 1 package which is just fine with me. Most items that I was able to order was limited to 1 or 2. I was able to order 2 of the wild planet tuna. I could not get flour. I had in mind that I could make bread if I can't get some from a store. I ordered yeast though and I do have some. I make a sandwich for my husband when he works at night now so I need lunch stuff. Anyway, I am picking up tomorrow at two or so with my sunglasses on. Last time I guess they had sent an email showing what was not available at the last minute, but I did not see it so was surprised when I got the order. I told my husband I guess if it got bad we could use old wash clothes. That is what we did with children before baby wipes. Kind of gross, but we do what we have to do. I did find some flushable wipes on Amazon. Spent 20 bucks for a 3 pack, but at least there is that. My daughter told me I can go to her house and get some if I needed to. She says now she wishes they did not get rid of their cows and chickens.

Good Evening,

The Pharmacy was really busy today which I was surprised how many people came in. The doctors office is only seeing acute patients and all the schools are closed. Our grocery stores are out of everything lucky for me I am marr to the bread man. Starbucks brought us coffee and protien packs to get us through the day, it was so nice of the.

Diane - they had TB a few hours ago. They do sell out quickly. You think there membership is expensive? You don't have to get the Gold membership. Our Costco is 45 min from our house. Worst every penny, IMO! I buy a lot in Costco. Not sure why people holding TB, lol

I just ordered a bunch of wet toilet wipes on Amazon, flushable and they are like baby wipes. I also could get Kleenex the other day so I ordered that as well. What ever works. Also, if you go out and pick up food, get extra napkins!!!!!

I ordered a huge tub of Whey protein and I will use that as a meal replacement. I guess this is the best time for me to start my diet :) I bought a lot of frozen fruit at Trader Joes on Sunday so I will be living on smoothies. Its funny, there are so many veggies available at the store, it is all of the canned goods, breads ect that are gone. I just pulled out my juicer, I am making a green drink today with a lot of ginger and cayenne in it for immune boosting. I have a lot of stew, soup and pasta dishes that I froze over the last couple of months that I can use now since supplies are low. Our town is running pretty smoothly, the surfers don't seem to care at all at what is going on, our bars and restaurants are open.

Today I got on my Max Trainer and did Max Endurance 10 with a girl named Jeni Delpozo. Fun workout. It was a total of 14 minutes because I did a cool down, I burned 99 calories, went .36 miles, did 905 steps and HR was137/159.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes, burned 188 calories, went 1.5 miles and did 3546 steps. HR was 116/126.

Jolie - Are you guys on lock down? Ohio is heading that way but it's not 100% yet. My brother just got word that he is being laid off as of tomorrow. I can't believe this is happening, so scary for our economy. All our restaurants are closed (except fast food), all our rec centers, libraries, fitness gyms etc. No voting today, that will be postponed until June 2. I am aloud to work from home from tomorrow on, I will probably come in one more day and then just stay home. Safer that way. At least I have the option to actually work and not get laid off.

Diane - Glad you were able to finally get some TP. I hope this hoarding stops soon.

Hope you are all ok. Stay healthy and wash your hands ALOT!!

This morning I did Jessica Smith Walk On 4 milie power walk, 75 minutes, 424 calories, heart rate 134/174, 7,610 steps. I am amazed how the Fit Bit picks up on the walking workouts, but not most other ones. I doubt my heart rate was 174 unless briefly when I was doing some high knee jogging or something to up the intensity a bit. I know she says the bit more intense segments are not supposed to be Hiit. That is it for today. Have to pick up the grocery order in a little while.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.