Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2021

I went outside and did some shoveling this afternoon.. I wanted to move a path down the walk way so I don't have to walk through deep snow and bring down the drifts before the next round comes in tomorrow afternoon. It is so cold and the wind whips that powder stuff all over. My dog loves the snow , she was romping through it while I scooped. I think we are making some temperature records. The governor is asking people to unplug unused devices and try to lower electric use so we do not have blackouts. I saw Kelly is putting up Step and hi/lo workout on Raw and also Strength 1 workout on the 20th. I have been watching for these as I thought they were going to be out the first part of the month.

Doreen, the cold experience is not nice. I just saw a forecast for 60 degrees on Monday. Yeah!! My husband said if they want to look at the house in bad weather, they are more than likely interested in a purchase. One stayed quite awhile. The kitchen will be nice when done, there is always that inconvenience. When we put up the tin ceiling and tiled the kitchen we did a lot of fast food and pizza.
I did wonder if Cathe was going to start another workout series. I guess her latest thing was the equipment.

Debbie, nice work with Just Step 4. I know how you feel. I have a hard time not doing some strength training as I feel I will lose too much. This is not really our normal Oklahoma weather. I don't know where it came from, but it is not something most people are used to. The roads are treacherous. I am glad my heater is working again. No school today and no Zoom classes tomorrow. That neck and shoulder Jessica Smith is a good one. I keep hoping Kelly will put up her new workouts. I think she is redoing those first Raw workouts to make them better. Maybe that one that cuts off will be one of them.

Belinda, that Candy Hearts circuit is fun. It was pretty easy to modify what I needed to and not too tough on my neck and shoulders. I am going to try to get my workout in early so I can scoop more snow just in case Whole Foods delivers, but I do not expect them too. They just cancel the whole order at the last minute. It would be nice if they forewarn that they are going to cancel. I have had them cancel when there was not a storm before. I think it was just getting late and they didn't get it here. I put it back in and they bought it the next day. That time Amazon gave me 25 dollars off of the next order. Not so with the storms though.

Jolie, I hope your hip and back are better. That was quite a workout today. Great calorie burn. I am trying to be careful. Today the sun came out for awhile, but it did not warm up.

Roselyn nice work on getting chest in today.

Last edited:
This morning I did RAW Burn Out Sets: Legs and had a great workout. I used really light weights to as to not put too much pressure on my shoulder and triceps. I used 8's for all of it except plies and I used 12# dumbbell for that. I reallly felt this, my legs were burning. Loved this workout, I can't wait to be able to try the upper body ones. I didn't write the exercises down, I just did the workout. I skipped bridges because I hate them.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 118 calories, did 1589 steps and HR was 95/126. Every time I looked at my FB it said 89-91.

Then I walked on my treadmille for 22 miutes, burned 126 calories, went 1.0 mile and did 2446 steps. HR was 106/114.

Diane - I didnt know Kelly was gonig to redo her older workouts, that will be cool. I have a question, when I did Just Step 4 yesterday, on the description it says "this is the same routine as Step 4 & Legs, minus the leg work". I went to look for the Step 4 & Legs and I don't see it anywhere. What workout is she talking about? I'd like to try it if it's out there. I can't believe the weather you are all getting down there and on our news it says that most of your are has no electric due to rolling blackouts. How can they turn your electric off when it's so cold right now? I don't get that? We are at 19 degrees right now and that storm that hit you gave us 9" of snow and they wouldn't dream of turning our power off. Why would they do that to you guys? That is insane! Hope you sell your house soon, what a nightmare that must be.

Jolie - Your nuts for doing those workouts yesterday after injuring your hip and back. I hope you are ok today. Nice job getting it done but you probably should have just taken a rest day. Crazy girl!!

Belinda, Roselyn and Doreen - Nice workouts!! Have a great one today as well!

Working from home, all our schools are closed. I'm glad, I hate driving in this weather. I have my laptop from work so I am good to go!! Have a great day everyone! Stay warm!

I did a NML pyramid workout for Back, Biceps, Legs this morning. Very fun combos of moves for those three body parts.

Then I walked on the TM.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Today I did 30 min yoga. I also did SBF D37 Arms + BA Mat work. Than I did CDornerFitness 45 min step workout. She had amazing music and energy. Love it. Can't wait to try another one of her workouts.

My DD is getting certified in yoga. I am super excited for DD. Can't wait to do yoga classes with her.

Jolie - so sorry about your lower back and hip. I am surprised you still workout yesterday. How are you feeling?

Debbie - great job today.

Diane - that was nice from Amazon gave you $25. My DD orders through amazon when she is sick and can't get out of the house. DD has a Whole Foods near by. Our nearest one is almost 60 min away. Wegmans is 45 min. Thank goodness Costco isn't far from Wegmans, lol.

I will be back for personals.

Last edited:
Today I did Jessica Smith Walk On: 4 Mile Power Walk, 81 minutes(75 actual as I had lots of text messages and to go downstairs and get math pages) 355 calories, heart rate 117/162, 7,306 steps, 3.37 miles. The children's Dad is going to try doing school work with them as the roads are terrible. My Whole Foods order is due anytime now. I am expecting a canceled notice though. I just keep putting it back in as eventually I will get it :) Otherwise I may be waiting the influx of people trying to get deliveries later. I could walk to Sprouts, but I would probably freeze to death and learned from young adult that carrying bags of groceries home was much harder than walking to the store.

Debbie, I think the workout is called Step and Legs. It is the same format with legs added and a fun workout. I have it down on my notes on my notes for it.
It is cardio step boxing with the egg weights as the other with lower body between.
rnd 1 is Squats/lunges/squat/lunge/squat
rnd 2 deadlift/side lunge/ both moves combined
rnd 3 deadlift/squats/reverse lunge pulses/wide stance deadlift
I like the burn out workouts. I have done the upper body once. I don't know why, but picking up heavy weights for legs can really put pressure on the shoulders and cause spasms in my upper back. I try to adjust how I hold the weights and no holding in front like front squats I keep them down. Maybe it pulls the shoulders forward a bit, I don't know.
Apparently the electric company is having a hard time handling it or something. It seems less business would be open that would be using a lot of power. They said on facebook that they would shut out areas for about an hour at a time if they had to. Anyway, I ran around unplugging unused things and hand washed the dishes last night. I took them out of the dishwasher as I had it loaded. This is nuts and our Generator is loaded in a pod in storage. Who would have thought it would be like this.

Doreen, nice work today.

Belinda, is that step workout on Youtube? That is wonderful that your daughter is getting certified in yoga.

This morning I figured I'd tone it down a bit and I walked on my treadmill. My legs are nicely sore from yesterday's leg workout. An actually "workout sore", not a painful sore which seems to be my body's go to anymore. So happy about that. Upper back is doing well but my left tricep hurts. I've been heating it with a heating pad and that seems to help. Why won't this ease up? I figured by now it would be on it's way to healing.

Anyways, workout was 41 minutes, burned 228 (TM said 279), went 1.88 miles (TM said 2.15), did 4697 steps and HR was 106/122.

I don't get the difference between calorie burn and miles traveled. My Ionic used to be dead on with my treadmill except maybe a slight difference with calorie burn. I cannot believe how the miles on my Versa 3 is tracking. Weird.

Doreen - What does NML stand for? Great job with your workout yesterday!

Belinda - Glad you enjoyed your step workout yesterday, is that one on Youtube? Great job today as well! I can't believe it's Wednesday already, it feels like Monday to me becuse I was off due to President's Day and a snow day. I'm happy that it is already Wednesday! (And then I complain because time is flying by. LOL!)

Diane - I can't find the Step & Legs workout, I'll check under the Cardio & Weights section later on today. I looked through the entire collection of RAW workouts and did not see it out there. I heard on the news it was your wind energy that is taking a hit. They said the wind turbines are froze so no energy is being produced. Is that all you guys rely on is the wind energy? I had no idea about that. I hope it gets warmer down there so you all can find some warmth. So terrible when power is gone.

Roselyn - Great job on your lower body workout!

Have a great day everyone!!

Debbie - NML is Nourish Move Love - Lindsey Bomgren's youtube channel. She is one of the trainers on Get Healthy U TV but does her own youtube workouts too that are great!

This morning I did LITE Metabolic Blast (I needed a little Cathe fix- ha! ). I went heavier than Cathe for weights and got a nice upper body burn.

Getting ready to do my workout.

Debbie, the Step and Legs Raw is under cardio and weights.

No workout yesterday, I took the day to go to the chiropractor and I am sure glad I did. I have Sciatica again but not the nerve pain that runs down the back of my leg it is the nerve that goes from the low back over my hip and down to the groin and front of my leg. This is a very old injury from years ago, giving birth to my first son in 2000 that flared up and boy is it a doozy. Good news, I am about 50% better today walking fine, it just very painful when I sit down and get back up. My body is completely out of alignment, I look like a zig zag due to the spasm. I am allowed to do a lite outside walk but no working out for at least 2 days otherwise all of the laser work I had done yesterday will not work. Cool laser is amazing for injuries, I wish I could use one more often.

Debbie, I spoke to the Chiro about your issue and he smiled and said something like this. When we lift weights for years and years it shortens the muscle as it grows in size. Due to this shortening, it can cause a lot of issues as we get older and of coarse we know this already. He told me that he has had to change his entire workout as he got older too, more lengthening types of workouts and less shortening of the muscles. He now runs on an elliptical for no impact, he likes these types of equipment, rowers ect., and he suggested more Pilates type workouts with really lite weight instead of lifting weights like we do. Of coarse, everyone is different, but this is our bodies telling us to slow down, "I don't like this" and to try something else. You are right to do some yoga and stretching during the week because this is lengthening the muscles. I am going to think about how I want to change my workouts going forward to avoid any injuries. Mine right now isn't from working out, he said it is just a flair up of something old, probably from lifting too much in my house, like moving furniture when I clean. He told me walking is the BEST thing we can do going forward along with anything low impact and lifting lite weights. I swear, I am having a hard time getting used to aging, I am not 40 years old anymore and I treat my body like I am. I like the Caroline workouts, i just need to do them with lighter weights going forward. I am going to start running on my elliptical again because that seemed to work out really well for me and i really liked it. Not that it is going to get warmer, I can get back into my garage to use my equipment.

Everyone, way to go on the workouts yesterday, you guys are killing it!!! How about this Winter Vortex that has hit the US? Crazy weather for Global Warming right! I have a plumber coming any minute so I have to cut it short today. Stay warm and stay off the roads, it is scary out there.

Make it a wonderful day.

Debbie - yes, the workout I did yesterday is on YT. I really like her step workouts. Here is the link
. Great job on your workout today. Glad you enjoy your short week.

Jolie - my doctors tell me the same about weight lifting. I do a lot of Barre workouts with light weights high reps. Those sting! Once the weather warms up I will walk outside again. It's just too cold. Glad to hear you are feeling better today.

Doreen - I like Lindsey Bomgren's barre workouts on Get Healthy on U TV. Some of her workouts are too high impact for my knees. I do like her as an instructor. Yeah, on the kitchen remodeling. Please, show us some pictures once it's done.

Roselyn - fantastic job yesterday.

Diane - your are welcome! I do like her as an instructor, she is very real and her step workouts are fun. I will do the boss and disco one soon. Wow, on the electric company. Hope they can straighten it out soon.

This morning I did the CDorner workout that Belinda did. This was #89 Intermediate Step, 47 minutes( I think it is a little less I had so many interruptions) 200 calories, heart rate 108/139, 4,658 steps. I also started another she had that was basic step as I wanted to see how high my heart rate would go with Fitbit as she was saying something like 134 to 138 range. I only got 4 minutes in and had to deal with my husbands phone some more. I just finally gave up, but that one was 4 minutes, 18 calories, 102/129, 340 steps. I liked that the workout was no high impact stuff. Just a fun step workout with some turns and stuff. She instructs well, and even when she messed up once in awhile I pretty much had the pattern down.
That makes the total 51 minutes, 218 calories, 4,998 steps. The CDorner workout was fun and I really liked the music. The other one she I started was supposed to be 80's music.
I monitor my husbands phone when he is sleeping because he gets work calls and realtor calls and messages. Between school and that I could tear my hair out sometimes. I finally took the phone upstairs so I would not have repeated running up and down the stair moments. I have someone wanting to look at the house Saturday. I may have my husband move my car to the parking lot before work and sit out there rather than drive somewhere. It is supposed to be around 40 high though. It was still snowing when I got up and finally has stopped. I need to go out and scoop snow. I saw my package with protein bars was moved to delivery tomorrow and it is usps. I hate that because right now I cannot even get my key in my mail box to get the package key to open the package box.

Debbie, I just looked on my tablet and Step and Legs is on the all workouts and the cardio and weights it is I think number 8 if you count across the workouts. I had that burning pain in my left scapular area and soreness across my upper back just below my neck last night. Maybe it was the shoveling because I am sure it was not Jessica Smith Power Walk. I don't know why this stuff will not go away. I think some OGE customers that signed on to it use Wind Power energy. I don't think that it is all wind though. I have seen them on the Interstate hauling those big wind blades. They are huge. Some of our cities in the state produce their own energy and do not rely on the big companies. Those cities do well with it and power costs are lower for their people and it is a good resource for revenue. We live close to a hospital and police station and it seems even when there is a problem with power, it is back on quickly. That is one perk for our location at the moment. There were complaints about saving power and the Basketball game going ahead downtown. It looked like most of down town lighting was dimmed though. I have worked at hand washing dishes and unplugging things not in use. This has helped the grid with people doing their part. It has warmed up to 20 today. Yeah!!

Jolie, I am glad you are doing better. I think each century I have had to change my workouts. Next year I will be 70 o_O I used to lift really heavy without a problem in my 50's. It is gradually going down, and I keep having to alter my workouts through the 60's. I have a want to lift heavy and sure wish I could go back to long extremely intense workouts (maybe not Insanity LOL which I did, but with a dread factor getting through the intense warm ups) I still have not found my best choices though. I told my arthritis doctor I have had to alter my strength workouts and a lot less impact and stuff. He asked how I have been handling the Arthritis. We have to keep moving though and all in all, I think I am better equipped that a lot of people younger than myself for climbing stairs, and lifting and moving things. I don't get winded or anything. If I over do my knees may make it hard to get my legs back working if I sit too long. Actually sitting is probably the most uncomfortable thing for me. I do way more stretching than I did when I was younger. I always liked it, but I did not want to use my time up stretching. I should have, but we live and learn. My mornings are a stretch session, after my first couple of sips of coffee.

Global warming! Yes, there is science to back it from what I read, but the alarmists refuse to look at the latest graphs and data. Some of that has regressed over time. It is not getting worse. They just continually push people into whatever they want them to believe.

Belinda, nice work with Metabolic Mish Mosh today. I really liked the CDorner workout. I will be trying some others. I have one I saved that has weights in it that I think Doreen had posted I should try.

Good morning,

CDornerFitness 60 MInutes Step Aerobics Workout [Advanced Step Aerobics] DISCO PARTY #88 is done. Very fun step workout and great music.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

Belinda - CDorner has some great step workouts with some fun music. Try her 80's party one.

I did a quick leg workout this morning and then walk on the TM.

This morning I did RAW Just Step #2 and had a great workout. I like this one, great combos and minimal boxing. The only boxing in this one is at the end and you can stop before it if you want. I did it very lightly so all is good.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 264 calories, did 4066 steps and HR was119/158.

I stretched out really good as well. I plan to do a walk and stretch workout tomorrow. I switched chairs at work to see if it helps me a bit. My chair at work is so uncomfortable. Hate it.

Doreen - Thanks, I wrote it down. I need to take some time and watch some of these workouts on Youtube. I don't do them because when I get up I need to hurry up and figure out what I'm going to do. I will take time this weekend to check all these out. The 80's one you told Belinda about has my interest too. Great job with your workouts and finding these great ones!!

Jolie - Awww, thank you for asking your chiro about my issue. I figured it has to do with our muscles being worked so hard over the years, I just wish I could get them to loosen up. The weird thing is I am very flexible even though my muscles feel so tight all the time. My range of motion is great as well. I am slowly getting better and I think he's right, I need to change the way I'm working out - which I am, I actually have to at this point. I don't see me lifting heavy anymore and in fact, I'm giving my leg press station to my step brother. I am enjoying cardio a lot and I do like to take a day or two and do yoga. Again, thanks for asking, I really appreciate it!! And I'm glad you are feeling better, take it easy for another day and you should be good to go!!

Diane - Great job on the step workout, I want to try them and will next week. I need to preview first but they look fun!! I will look for Step and Legs as well, I forgot to this morning. Thanks, I'm sure it's out there I just couldn't find it. As for climate change, if you look back to previous years (going way back) the same patterns happen over and over again, almost every 30 years or so. It is the earth's way of fixing itself because God knows we aren't! I don't know 100% for sure one way or the other, but I do believe our earth knows what it is doing. :)

Belinda - Great job with your workouts lately!! Glad your knees are ok with the step workouts! You rock!

Have a great day everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.