Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2021

This morning I started CDorner 80's party, and stopped at 21 minutes as Fitbit had my heart rate at 68 and my grandchildren came in. I just gave up on it. Too hard to concentrate something new with a child needing help with school work in the room. This was 21 minutes, 98 calories, heart rate 84/132 which 132 was a blip. 2,101 steps. After we got some work done I did CDorner Disco Party Step 49 minutes(45 actual), heart rate 96/133, 157 calories, 3,255 steps. Total time spent 66 minutes, 255 calories, 5,356 steps. I got a decent amount of steps. The heart rate stayed low till I twisted the watch down and to the side a bit and it went up near the end of the workout. I am starving and need to get to work. I packed 1 box. This is going to be difficult with all of the activity around here and husband working long hours.

I did Fit Split - Mixed impact cardio skipping some of the high impact and then Pull day this morning. Today is the first day I really felt much like working out. Monday my daughter (14) was admitted to the hospital for observation and will be there at least until next Tuesday. I can't be there due to COVID but just talked with her and it sounds like she is doing well, getting some sleep and finally able to eat stuff. She is at a children's hospital so they have activities and stuff to help keep her busy.

Doreen what is going on with your daughter?

Today was Gym Style back biceps and shoulders

You all giving so many new places to find workouts I love it!!

Roselyn - Stress, depression, anxiety. Her little body just kinda wanted to shut down and she couldn't eat or sleep. We had started some anti- depression meds beginning of February but it didn't seem to be helping so they wanted to be able to observe her. Tough go for her through this on-line school and shut-down time.

This morning was KCM Strength and Stamina.

Today all I did was walk on my treadmill, which was nice since I had some pretty good workouts this week. More than I have been doing. So I walked for 30 minutes, burned 168 calories, went 1.35 miles (TM said 1.5), did 3391 steps and HR was107/136.

Then I did CDorner's Quick 20 Minute Mobility Routine and I really liked it. She worked a lot on the feet and toes and I'm really having issues with my feet and toes lately. So it was really nice. Then she did some hip mobility and neck stretches. Good workout, I enjoyed it.

Our county districts are getting their vaccines today. Our office is so quiet, there are only a few of us here so I'm not the only one who didn't get the vaccine.

Doreen - I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. It is a tough time for kids right now. My granddaughter went through something similar not too long ago. I hope she is feeling better.

Diane - I want to do the 80's party one, maybe next week. Was it fun? I know you only did a bit of it but did you like it? I also want to do the 70s one as well. Nice job on your workout even though you have so much going on lately. I bet you can't wait for your move to be over. Congrats on selling your house!! I didn't realize you bought one as well, i thought you were still looking.

Belinda - Hope you are doing good today. Have a great workout!!

Roselyn - I know, I am also loving all the new workouts people are doing. There is just not enough time. I'm looking forward to my summer break because then I can explore them a bit more. When I'm tight for time in the a.m. I just can't make up on my mind on what to do. Great job with GS yesterday, always one of my favorites.

Have a great day and weekend everyone!!!

Good morning,

SBF D47 LB Barre + Balance and stretch plus Legs/Waist/Shoulders Mat Target is done. I also walked.

Doreen - I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. It's a tough time for kids. Praying for her. I can't imagine what you are going through too (((HUGS)))

Diane, Roselyn - good job yesterday.

BBL!

Doreen, I am so sorry. I will be praying for your daughter and your family. These times are really tough and our children need to be back in school and a social environment. My granddaughter 13 that I work with has went through a lot too. She is halfway afraid of going back into the school system. It will be new with a new school when she does plus dealing with parents split. My heart really goes out to you on this.

Debbie, I liked the part of the 80's party workout that I did. It was just a bit more choreography and my grandson said he could not hear his teacher online. CDorner does break things down well and keeps putting it all together so it was not really difficult once going through a new add on move a few times. I will try it again when I have more time.

Belinda, nice work getting it done this morning.

I did Raw Hi Lo: Step 39 minutes, 162 calories, heart rate 110/153, 3,640 steps. That is it as I have to get ready for the inspection and leave. I was up till after midnight last night. Thought I was going to go to bed, but my dog is sick to the stomach and I had to wash the rug in front of the door for the second day in a row and hang it to dry out. I am not sure what the problem is. I am giving her rice and something to settle her stomach. She went all day yesterday seeming okay, but I added a few bits of chicken last night and my husband forgot and gave her a dog treat. So, I guess we will just stick with rice today. Hope she is okay riding around in the car during inspection.

Sorry I did not check in yesterday, the day just didn't go as planned and I did not get a workout in. Today I walked on the TM, 50 minutes, this included a 5 minute cool down and slow pace at 0 incline. Traveled 2.5 miles, highest incline was 5.5, speed was a slow 3.1 and I burned 490 calories. I found out that my knees were killing me because I wore new shoes and those are not going to work for me. Also, my run trainer says if you walk or run an incline be sure to walk on flat ground for at least 5 minutes to stretch out the hip flexors or you are going to run into hip pain like I am experiencing lately for walking at an incline. Makes sense, so I did it today and it felt great.

Doreen, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter!!! I was just saying to my husband this morning, how grateful I am to not have a child in lower education right now, this is so bad for them, I feel for every child. The teachers Union should be ashamed of themselves. I would have my daughter be on some B vitamins, this can really help with anxiety and depression believe it or not. I take it every day. I will pray for your daughter and your family. Hang in there, you did the right thing taking her to the Children's Hospital for help. I have a girl friend that trains young riders on horses that lives in Colorado Springs if your daughter wants to ride horses and hang out with girls her age. Let me know and I will contact her and set you guys up. She has also been a school teacher so she can help there as well. Her name is Casey and she is young and so much fun.

Diane Sue, nice workout today. I cant believe what our politicians are doing to our children! They dont care, it is all about power and money for some of them.

Belinda, great job on the workout! What does SBF stand for?

Roselyn, nice workout yesterday!

Debbie, nice walk today, it does feel good to just walk sometimes, doesn't it!:) It makes me happy :)

Make it a wonderful Friday!

Debbie, I thought of yours and my issues when I read someone's post on facebook and Kelly gave suggestions. The woman's traps, upper back and neck were causing her pain when she worked out. She said quite a bit about it. Anyway here is what Kelly suggested. Although I think we have pretty much have done it that way. Maybe not long enough? I had not thought about the moves Kelly says not to do. I had dry needling done at the physical therapist office once. I don't think it helped me much though.
Here is her post:

Based on what you said Laura, here’s what I’m thinking: Sounds like the barbell immobilizes your trap and rhomboid area enough to keep it from overreacting.
Stick with the bar for as many lifts as you can and go lighter on shoulder presses and upright rows. If you use DBs never do reverse flyes or bent over lateral raises, go lighter on overhead presses, upright rows and kickbacks. Stop holding planks for a little while, or at least while the area is aggravated. I don’t think the planks hurt you but you need those affected muscles to help hold you in that position.
Heat wraps are great for that area and will most likely give you some relief.
Gently stretch by holding on to a door jam and leaning back, then gently drop your head in the opposite direction. (Don’t over stretch, some think more is better, but it’s not).
If you can’t get relief, maybe ask your chiropractor about dry needling.

Jolie, that makes sense walking flat rather than incline. I also think that these young people are left sitting at home for hours working on their devices for school and there is so much negativity and making people feel low and inferior for nothing. My medical clinic that I went to for the covid test sent an email segment about what all those hours are doing to children brain function and minds. Studies already showed problems with it and now they are being put on it more than ever since they are not in the classroom and socializing. Enjoying life!

The inspection on our house took so long. I packed some tonight. Tomorrow I will pack some more and make a birthday cake for my family's visit Sunday afternoon. At least I don't have to show my house anymore.

Roselyn, nice work on on heather robinson youtube workout.

Hi,

Walk and SBF D 48 UB & Core & Stretch is done.

Roselyn - great job yesterday.

Jolie - SBF stands for Suzanne Bowen Fitness (SBF). I love her barre workouts.

Debbie - we must have posted at the same time yesterday. Nice job on that walk and stretch.

Diane - good luck with the move. Happy birthday to your husband

Doreen - how old is your DD? Thinking about her. My heart goes out to you.

That's it for me today.

Today I did Cathe Live #336 Cardio Compound Upper. I stopped at the 30 minute stopping point as she says you can stop there or go on doing all of the moves again minus the cardio. This was 30 minutes, heart rate 92/124, 77 calories, 957 steps. I then did CDorner Basic Step Aerobics Great Music Not Boring(this did not have a number on it and I gather it was soon after her area was fixed up) This was 33 minutes, heart rate 108/140 (I saw it at 98 20 minutes in and decided I would ignore it as I wanted to enjoy the fun) 133 calories, 1,138 steps. I really did enjoy this one and the music. I also did CDorner Mobility 26 minutes, heart rate 89/102,32 calories, 95 steps. This one was pretty active and she kept telling the audience to stay where they were while she went to adjust things so she could see what people were saying or something. I gathered she had not been at it for long on this one. I liked the neck work at the end. A little more time in plank position than I wanted.
My neck and shoulders along with upper back hurt tonight, but I am not sure if it is the Cathe workout or a combination because I lifted some heavy boxes to cart out to the garage and really was kind of walking in a squat position trying to hang on to them. I need to quit packing so heavy, but it seems most stuff is heavy.

Cathe Live# 336 Low Impact Cardio Compound Upper
multiple weight increments, Cathe Used 5,8,10,12,15 # and a mat 47 minutes
3 compound moves followed by cardio
Warm Up used 5 or 8# dumbbells
opens with cardio
lateral/front/ draw in 5# dumbbells
squat concentration curl passing to other hand 15# db (single and triple curls)
mountain climber/shoulder taps
rnd 2
cardio step together step punch and overhead reach
seated incline biceps curls 15# dbs/seated incline arnold press 12# dbs
glute bridge 1 leg elevated/flys/pullovers Cathe 15# dbs me 12# dbs 7 and 7 reps
plank/knee/ down and release
rnd 3
cardio squat/adductions
lateral raise both/singles 5# dbs
glute bridge 10# dbs triceps skull crusher/close grip press some are 1 1/2 (long segment)
plank knee circles
rnd 4
zig zag puddle jumpers
front swing/triceps extension 15# db
dead row w/ rotation 15# dbs
push up/ bear crawl
Stop here and stretch or go out with all 4 rounds minus the cardio segments.

Belinda, nice work with Suzanne Bowen.

Good morning,

SBF BarreAmped Power Stretch plus walk is done.

Diane - nice work yesterday.

Gotta run to the grocery store. BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.