Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2021

Debbie - I think you would like the 80' workout. It reminds me of old school step. No jumping jacks to get your HR up :) If you have done step before I don't think you have any problems with her choreography. The music is amazing. I did the workout without a step. You get tons of steps. My knees can't handle up/down on the step even if I only use 4 inches. Doing the workout on the floor doesn't hurt my knees. It's still fun. I can't wait to do her workouts with a step. I need a workout to get my HR without the high impact. Her workouts moves constantly. I am a sweaty mess.

Doreen - I did that one this morning. So much fun. I like her step workouts ( in my case on the floor, lol) I been stepping for a long time. My first step workout was on base on a wooden box. I had that wooden step for years. Just love step workouts. Gin Miller came out with Reebok step and VHS's step workouts ( which I still have) I bought all the step workout I could get my hands on in Germany. I even started ordering online from the US. I don't have a problem following her routine. I read some people have trouble with the combos.

Roselyn - great job!

Today I checked Cathe's new live workout and will maybe do it tomorrow as I could use some lower and abs. It was not up yet. I did CDonner #77 Int/Adv fast workout. 69 minutes (64 actual as I was fighting with fitbit to get it above 98 heart rate) 106/139(139 was a short blip o the graph), 6,361 steps. I finally gave up and kept going and toward the last 20 minutes are saw my heart rate moving up. Maybe if I did another one now(NOT) my heart rate would be better. I liked this workout. A bit more choreography, but not hard to get. I need to go to youtube on my computer and get some of the workouts mentioned here.
Kelly should have some workouts up soon. She just redid hips and glutes and is working on another she is refilming. She did some work on her gym area.
I will be back in awhile. Need to get showered and try to warm up and refuel before I go shoveling some more.

I am back. I got my mail a little easier today and my box of RX Bar chocolate raspberry that are my favorite came :) Sprouts had them for awhile and then they were gone.

Belinda, I set some of CDorner workouts in my youtube so I could get them. I ended up spending some time clearing out my grandson's youtube gamer stuff. I told him not to subscribe anymore, but he did. Glad I took a payment method off my account. Nice sounding workout today.

Doreen, that lower body looks good.

Debbie, I like that step workout. You got a good amount of steps with it. I see CDorner has some mobility workouts on her youtube I think that I would like to check out. I always know that God has things in hand and will take care of it. I have watched some videos on PragerU about global warming and things like what really happens when stuff is recycled and it is enlightening to say the least. Big trucks letting off polution to come around and haul these recyclables and then ship to send them off to china who then gets rid of the stuff in a super poor other place that cannot handle all of it so it affects their health. So, it is all crazy. I agree about the global warming. God has the power and man in all of his self acclaimed smartness knows
little.

Jolie,I will check back in awhile and see if you have posted anything yet.

Another winner double step by Giana this morning!! They had a minor tech glitch but picked up and kept going - this combo was fun!

Reactions: WD
This morning I walked on my treadmill for about 20 minutes and then I did Karen Voights' Yoga Stretch. Didn't have time to finish it which made me mad. That workout claims it's only 20 minutes but it's more like 30. I just didn't get started early enough, so oh well.

I don't have time for personals, I'm so busy today and it's already almost noon! Yikes, I have a lot to do today.

I'll try to be back for personals later!! Have a great day everyone!!

Hi,

45 min walk is done. It was in the 30's, little chilly. Felt great to be outside. I also did 30 min yoga. I also did those exercises I am suppose to do 3 times a week. I am done.

I will try to be back later for personals. If not, I will catch up tomorrow.

TGIF!!

It has been a busy day. I got in a workout and grandchildren came. We went outside and spent a couple of hours shoveling and me digging up chunks of ice that I could get loose. It is still an ice slick out there. They had fun stacking up ice chunks and snow and sliding down it. I got an extra workout if from this as Fitbit picked up on it. Sore neck and shoulders tonight though. I really wanted to try a CDorner mobility workout, but no time. Enjoyed the grandchildren today as we had more fun time rather than school.
I did Cathe Live Lower Body Core Sweat # 335, 63 minutes(54 actual) heart rate 98/148, 152 calories, 1,769 steps.
Add from outside work Sport 51 minutes, 190 calories, heart rate 105/125, 3,831 steps and Walk 31 minutes, 114 calories, heart rate 103/115, 2,451 steps. I know we were outside longer than that, but that is what Fitbit picked up and I couldn't help but put it down.
Cathe Live Lower Body Core Sweat #335
light firewalker loop band, mat, dumbbells 10,12,15lbs and a couple of exercises she mentions you could use 20#
8 minute warm up
cardio jacks with loop band and side to side steps
lunges right/deadlifts/lunges left deadlifts 15# dbs
lateral walks 10's 4 and 4 steps
mat and gliding discs obliques feet on gliding discs sit ups/ pull feet in and out
diagonal lunges 4 and 4, 4 and 4 12# dbs
gliding discs plank out and unders
loop band side step walk around mat
single dead lift 15# db
side to side leaning lunge 15# db passing from hand to hand
sit ups arms out and up oblique twist feet on discs
forward leaning lunge 15# db lunge tap
seated ab side slide out hand on disc
gliding disc side slide out 12 reps 15# db singles and doubles
gliding disc slide back lunge 16 reps 10# dbs
side to side mountain climbers on discs
loop band jacks/ touch down/ angled
Calf Raises 30,25,15 reps 15# dbs
cross back lunge gliding discs 12# db 12 reps right then 12 left
squat thrust gliding discs moving into moguls (modifier alternating squats with reverse lunge)
warrior lunge gliding disc
abs firewalker loop band raise legs up and down while open and close
plank loop band step out out in in leg lift pulse

Sorry it is late and I need to go to bed. My grandchildren stayed the night because my daughter got stuck and I need to get up in the morning so she can come and get them if she can get her car out. Plus I need to prepare for someone to look at the house.

Good morning,

SBF D41 TB Fusion plus yoga is done.

Gotta run. Getting ready to donate more stuff to the homeless shelter. BBL!

This morning I did a GHUTV Total Body Conditioning with Medicine Ball and Dumbells. It was harder than I expected as she kept the moves layering on. A good metabolic workout.

Sorry girls that I have been MIA the last few days, but I have been studying and doing tests to renew my Life and Health Insurance license so I have been wrapped up with that project. I finished yesterday so that is a load off of my mind. I have been taking my dog for 2 walks every day and I have been walking outside 2 miles each day to loosen things up before I get back to working out tomorrow. I have not been wearing my FitBit so I have no idea about the calorie burns. It is going to be 75 degrees here today and the humidity is really low, it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am going out for my walk and then back to car shopping. I have a few more to look at, it all has to do with finding a comfortable seat. I do like the Ford Escape Hybrid, it gets 47 miles to the gallon, it is much smaller than I have now but it would be fine for just me. My husband gets a huge discount for being a Ford employee so the payment would be really low. Gas is supposed to go through the roof since our Biden took away our ability to be energy independent. Dumb...

You girls have been killing it on your workouts.

Roselyn, wow, your hubby had a knee replaced, that is tuff stuff. I hope he is doing well after his surgery.

Debbie, what are you going to be doing for workouts going forward? I think I will start to walk outside more since the weather is starting to get better and do some lite weights. I think the treadmill is hard on my because it really the momentum the belt creates causes and un natural stride and I think that is what caused my back and hips to go out. I am going to start running again because I like the resistance of the elliptical and then I don't really have to lift weights for my legs :) I have decided that i want to be thin, lean and live pain free instead of having unbelievable muscle definition and living in pain. My Chiro said lifting into your later years can be really hard on the muscles and connective tissues and I dont want to keep dealing with this going forward.

Belinda, wow, 30 degrees!!! Yikes, but way to go for getting out there and walking. I swear if it is below 60 degrees i cant function :)

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great weekend!

Doreen, you are still coming up with some great workouts!!!

Make it a wonderful Sunday and enjoy the day.

This morning I did CDorner fitness Bosu workout. This was only 25 minutes and Fitbit did not work well at all. It says I got 5 zone minutes and most of the time I looked at it my heart rate was 85-90. The thing my clothes were sweaty and I was breathing hard through a lot of it. Fitbit says 90/116 heart rate, 1,295 steps. This one was 11 timed exercises and then repeated. Some of the moves were squat thrust come up with bosu overhead, jacks with butt kicker, balance seated on bosu knees in, step up right hop lunge back down repeat other side, elbows on bosu knees bent and held above floor step forward and back, knee pulls one foot on bosu, anyway just a few from memory. It was a good workout. I have house showings again this afternoon so will have to leave again. Yesterday I sat in Sprouts parking lot because the parks road way and lots were not cleared of snow yet. It looks pretty good outside this morning and is finally melting off. Yesterday I was still outside before viewers came chipping blocks of ice to lift off the walk way. I see Fit bit set it as exercise again.
Yesterday I did CDorner 20 minute mobility workout. I have been so sore and stiff from all of the ice chipping and snow shoveling.

So I previewed some of CDorner's workouts and OMG, she is so fun!! I am going to try to do a step workout tomorrow. I'm bummed that the 70's and 80's one is an hour, unless I get started with my workout at 20 after 5, I won't be able to do the whole thing. The 70's one looks like fun - actually, so does the 80s one. I love her channel and was looking at all the workouts she has out there. So fun!!! Can't wait to try them out!!

Great workouts everyone!

Jolie, I answered your question on what I am going to do going forward in a post from last week. I don't think you seen it. I doubt I will ever lift heavy again. I will probably start doing more cardio and way lighter weight workouts. We'll see. My tricep still hurts but my upper back has been great.

See you all tomorrow!!

This morning I did CDorner Fitness #79, Live Basic Step Aerobics w/Great Music and wow was it fun. Only 30 minutes but I wanted to try a shorter workout first before I hit the long ones. Easy to follow and the music was all 80's. OMG, my kind of workout!! Loved the moves and I got them all. I really enjoyed it.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 185 calories, did 2847 steps and HR was 116/164.

Only thing that I wondered about was how in the world was she able to talk to people? Is she reading messages or are they talking in her headset? That was weird and at times a bit annoying. But her workout was fun and I can't wait to try more. She is also very good with the cueing, I followed her all the way with this without a problem. Sometimes I get irritated with Kelly because she cues once ad then you are on your own. Love Kelly, but I think you know what I mean. Anyways, good cueing in these workouts.

Actually, I did try anothger one, I did #36, 30 Minute Full Body Stretch but only did part of it as I ran out of time. Wish I could have done the whole thing, it was really good. Again, she's talking to many people so it wasn't as peaceful of a stretch as you usually get with a yoga instructor, but she is so nice you can't help but smile.

Great workouts, loved it. Thank you all for finding her and reviewing her workouts. So fun!

No time for personals, but you all had great workout this weekend! Way to go!!

Debbie - She is doing them LIVE on youtube so its the comments people put in and I think she has them scrolling on a computer behind her camera! I've joined a couple of them live before and its fun to add a comment and have her say hi back or whatever. It can be both fun as you feel like part of a real class and distracting since you don't know who she is talking too. I've found that on some of the longer step videos I can FF 10 min or so and still catch onto the combo since she covers the first part of the pattern so many times with her add-on style. And her music is FUN!!! I love her.

This morning i did another Lindsay Bomgren NML strength training workout and then am now walking on the TM and trying to do some work. That is my current plan as work gets crazy - lift for 30 minutes and then walk and do emails and easy work stuff to get some light cardio/steps.

Good morning,

SBF D43 TB Fusion Barre plus Foldover Target is done. I also did Pahla B Fitness of her Weight loss program D1.

I came across her Fitness Weight Loss program on anther fitness site. I read through it and downloaded her FREE ...The 5-0 Method: WEIGHT LOSS for Women over 50. It all makes a lot of sense when I read through it this weekend. The more I workout with vigorous workouts the harder it is for me to lose weight. I have a few more pounds to lose and hope this will move the scale in the right direction. I am going to keep my workouts moderate. If it doesn't work, I gave my joints a well deserve break , LOL!

Here is the FREE Weight Loss program.https://pahlabfitness.com/weight-loss-over-50/

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.