Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2021

Today I had a fantastic workout and I wasn't even tired from yesterday's workout at all :) I started with an uphill walk on the TM, 45 minutes, traveled 2.5 miles, speed between 3.2 and 3.3, incline between 6.0 to 7.5 and burned 447 calories. Next I did Caroline Girvan's Intense Shoulder workout, 20 minutes, 30 seconds on each Super Set exercise and 30 seconds rest. I did this one last week and it is a great workout. I skipped the plank challenge at the end and did 2 more exercises instead. Total workout time was 70 minutes and I burned 658 calories. Heart rate was 125/178.

Shoulder Press- 15's
Lateral Raise Alternating- 8's

Partial Shoulder Press- 15's
Alt. Lateral Raise- 8's

Arnold Press- 15's
Alt. Lateral Raise- 8's

Front Press 1 DB- 15#
Alt. Lateral Raise- 8's

Partial Lateral Raise- 8's These are killer
Alt. Lateral Raise- 8's

Upright Rows- 12's
Alt. Lateral Raise- 8's

Front Raise - 12#
Alt. Lateral Raise- 8's

1 Arm Hortz. Rear Raise- 15#
Alt. Lateral Raise- 8's

1 Arm Hortz. Rear Raise other arm- 15#
Alt. Lateral Raise- 8's

Shoulder Press- 15's Burn out
Upright Rows- 12's Burn out

Awesome!

Debbie, it is amazing how low your calorie burns are as well as your heart rate. Maybe you are in such good shape you dont have to work as hard as me?! Nice workout today and I am glad you are not sore.

Doreen, that looks like a great workout that you did today. I haven't worked legs in a while with weights, that would kill me :)

BBL to read your posts for the day. I hope you all have a great workout. I have to get a new car at the end of next month so I have to go out and look at some today. I have a Ford Edge Sport now and love it so I may get another one just like it but maybe a different color.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Cathe Live Low Impact Hiit 40/20, 42 minutes, 185 calories, 3,876 steps, 116/149 heart rate. I lagged a few times so I know I got a few extra steps in as well as a couple of trips downstairs. I spent a lot of time trying to get my downstairs heater to cut in and run as it was cold. Finally shut it off and on a few times then went upstairs and prayed for it. God made it work! I am so thankful. Grandchildren are here and I am tired. I stayed up till after midnight packing stuff I am not using. My husband got another pod and we have today and tomorrow to get it loaded. Making the house more spacious as we have a lot of large stuff from our last home. Another night with 5 hours and I am not feeling all that energetic today.

Doreen, nice work today and yesterday. I imagine the cows wondered why they were in their territory. YEs, the steps and some of the other items on Fitbit are useful. I like getting my texts on my watch, sleep stats, weather, steps etc. Wish the heart rate worked though.

Debbie, I tried my therapy balls on that area. They are the slightly larger one and hard to stay on for that area. I have been just sitting and massaging that area out while reading. Maybe that will help. I am glad they do not hurt today for you. I looked at the strap heart rate monitors and read reviews and they sound like the same old complaints of them working and then not working and then you waste so much time trying out new batteries and stuff. It does not do any good to talk to them on Fitbit. They give suggestions and I think I have tried every one of them as it seems many of their customers have also. The only thing I can say for them is I generally do not top out at 228 while standing still and 0 when I am working hard like the strap monitors did. I had even tried one of the bluetooth strap monitors and nope, same thing. Customer service for Polar told me I need to get a new strap every few months and it was probably interference. I even turned off all bluetooth devices to help and it did not work.

Belinda, between a segment on Fox news and then reading these two doctors warnings on the safety of the vaccine as well as they why's of them pushing them so hard and negating other things that have been working is worrisome. They have been pretty quiet about the ones in testing and how much percentage had problems with the vaccines. One worry too from those doctors that media is trying to hush up is the possibility of that RNA that is supposed to do it's job and then stop coming back to life later on and causing problems. Then there was stuff about really weird stuff as to what is injected and can be used to alter people without their knowledge, then on to big tech and the Bill Gates being involved who are into cutting back on the population. So I did not sleep.
I hope you are doing well today.

Last edited:
Hi,

I didn't feel like working out. My legs are so sore. I ended up doing a 60 indoor walk. I also did stretch and SBF.

Debbie - the house came with the pellet stove in the basement. The previous owner's son lived in the basement. They used the basement as an apartment for their older son. My basement has a full size bathroom. My basement living space is huge, we turned it into our gym. The entire house gets warm when the pallet stove is one.

Diane - interesting! I saw a YT video a few month ago similar what you are saying. I am sure it's still there. Ever since I saw the video I am on the fence getting the vaccine. Thanks for sharing! I hope you get some sleep soon. Moving is very stressful. Good luck with everything!

That's it for me today. Oh, BTW! I have 2 appointments early in the morning. I will not check in until later that afternoon.

Hi all, today I walked on my treadmill for about 1 mile, nothing special and then did Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch. Love that stretch workout, it alwatys makes me feel good.

Looking forward to my 3 day weekend, I get Monday off for President's Day. Looking forward to it, I am so tired today.

Doreen - My work also has a Wellness program and my FB is linked to it and it also looks at steps. I gain points when I walk a certain amount of steps each month. I need to stop obsessing over the readings, it is only a technical deice, afterall. Great job with your workout!

Jolie - I doubt I'm in such great shape that my HR is that low. You are in great shape, you workout circles around me. I haven't been able to give it my all since I can't remember when. You workout hard and that is why your calorie burns are so much higher than mine. You rock!!!

Diane - I don't think any of these devices are 100% accurate, I'd be surprised if any of them are 50% accurate. Yuck on packing stuff up, that is not fun. My husband and I will eventually buy a lake house somewhere in the future and will be packing our stuff up. We were just talking this morning that we need to start downsizing now and get rid of stuff we don't use anymore. I can't tell you how many comforters I have. Who needs that many comforters? LOL!!

Belinda - Good job with your workout yesterday even though you didn't feel like doing anything. I felt like that this morning, it was all I could do to get on that treadmill.

Roselyn - Great job with BB back!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

I did KCM Lean Body Circuits DVD - premix with both workouts this morning. I like that one.

Hi everyone,

I had 2 appointments this morning. I just finished my workouts. I went for an easy 60 min walk.

Debbie - I think I over did the LB the other day. Something didn't agree with my knees. Great job on your walk and yoga. I need to pull that one out soon.

Nice job everyone else! Sorry my appointments took longer this time. See you all in the morning.

No workout today. We had a house showing and after we came home we got a call for another showing later in the afternoon. We managed to get some things packed up and loaded and my grandson came over and helped put some heavy items in the pod. So, there has not been much time. Hopefully I can do something in the morning.

Jolie, I missed your post when I did mine yesterday. Great job with the treadmill walk and upper body work.

Debbie, I just looked at my grandchildren's calendars and I think elementary has a holiday Monday. My granddaughter is in a different school district and I don't see Monday off for her.
I think the devices can push us and be motivating when they are working. It sure gets me to work as hard as possible to get it to give me a decent reading. I was thinking it makes me thing of my grandson playing a game on the tablet and he worked so hard and his guy died. He smacked and punched the tablet. I thought about this when I was scolding him and took the tablet away. I told him if it makes him angry it is not fun. Maybe I should listen to my own advice. I have got rid of so much stuff. I still have some things that I was hesitant to pack as I thought maybe someday I will need it. I did get rid of all of the old comforters. I was hanging on to bedding for beds I do not even have that size of.

Doreen, I have not done that Kelly dvd in quite awhile. Nice work today.

Belinda, great that you got in a 60 minute walk today. I hope your appointments went well.

Roselyn, nice work.

I took yesterday off, that was rest day #1 for the week and I needed it. Today I woke up refreshed and ready to go so I got on the TM, walked 70 minutes uphill, 6.0 to 8.0 incline, 3.0 to 3.2 speed and burned 731 calories. The last 10 minutes was at 0 incline, I find that if I do that at the end, it stretches out my hip flexors and my body isn't sore anymore. Heart rate was 137/178. I have to go and look for a car today, I still don't know what I want to get. I really do not like anything that is in my price range, I cant help it but I like nice cars :) I want a Porsche but my husband laughed at me. I had one in High School and I have always wanted another one. I am going to look at some Kia's and some Cadillac's too. I had an Escalade years ago and loved it but I would want something smaller this time. We have a lifted Rubicon Jeep sitting on the drive way but I don't think I could get in and out of that each day. It would be cool to take the top off during the summer since the weather hear is so nice that time of the year. Wish me luck, I am so indecisive about this and I don't want to speed a lot of money.

Great workouts yesterday everyone!

Today I did Cathe Live #334 Candy Heart Circuit, 58 minutes(53 actual),171 calories, heart rate 101/145, 2,533 steps. I then did Perfect 30 Mobility Basics, 31 minutes, 36 calories, heart rate 80/94, 87 steps. No calls so far today. The sun is out, but tonight it is supposed to dump snow on us and all day tomorrow. It is 9 degrees!
Cathe Live #334 Candy Hearts Circuit
53 minutes Cathe says 10,12,15 dumbbells, but suggests 20's on some moves if you want to. I think she used 15# through the whole workout. This is done in circuits of lower, upper, and core.

reverse lunge off of step 15# dumbbell alternating and singles
bench press close grip 15# dbs variations alternating/pinkies in/ thumbs in
cardio-crossing the step and jacks option to do burpees instead of jacks
front lunge/side lunge 15# db
cardio- jacks to kick front/tuck jump option
sweeper curl/upright row 15# dbs
mat sit up and speed
crossback lunges off step 15# db
cardio step knee up/ step outer thigh lift
decline push ups
cardio across step cha chas
off end of step knee ins and plank jacks
plies with calf raises 15# dbs
pencil shoots
triceps push ups on dumbbells , dips , triceps push ups
achy feet move
V sit knee in and arms overhead reach
reverse lunge, deadlifts on step 15# db
jump on and off step/quarter turn all right then all lef
pullover/ halfway pullover 12# dbs (Cathe 15's)
corner knee up 6 powers alternating sides
sit up, oblique twist, knee in

Jolie, good luck deciding on a car. Maybe drive some around and that will help. If it were me I would look for good in snow LOL But, I would probably not venture out anyway. But, just in case. I like my tiny car with no extras. Other than the GPS stereo and back up camera my husband insisted I wanted. If we move to the house we are working on I will be driving more distance than just around the corner. It is a newer housing area and there is not much for shopping around there. It looks like some are in the planning. Just some small strips of businesses. We need a buyer though. My husband says my Chevy Spark is pretty good in on the icy roads. I am not trying it. Plus it is a bit slow picking up speed to get into traffic. My daughter bought the Cadillac Escalade recently. She loves it. My husband is the one who likes the cars with all of the gadgets. I am not so sure the Taurus is good on ice though.
If people come to look at the house and it is icy, Gertie and I will go sit in the car in a parking lot near by :p

So far today I have done Coffey Fit Raw Just Step 4, 131 calories, heart rate 116/149, 31 minutes, 3,110 steps. I may come back to do a stretch workout. I am thinking of Walk Strong 3 Deep stretch, maybe. I may be outside helping my husband shovel snow before he has to go out to work. Thinking I need to shovel walk way, but I am doubtful Whole Foods is going to deliver my groceries at 5. They sent a text saying delivery today, last night which I expected it to say cancelled. These delivery people drive their own vehicles and it is treacherous with the ice that melted a little yesterday when the sun peeked out. I was worried about Gertie because she hit the ice on the walk way running and slid. She needs boots.

Belinda, nice work getting your yoga in. Have a Happy Valentines day.

Ah Jolie - so jealous - you have a lifted Jeep!? My son drives a lifted Wrangler TJ and is teaching me to drive the manual. I keep telling him I need a step to get in and out! I have a Jeep Cherokee and believe me I was loving the heated steering, heated seats and remote start this weekend when it dropped to -13!!

Diane - hard to believe how cold it got - I wouldn't have wanted to look at a house in that cold but hey, if you need to get a house you can't wait for the weather to be perfect, right?

Roselyn - Heather Robertson is calling to me these days too!! She has good workouts.

This morning I did a Heather Robertson Full Body Strength for 40 mintues and then walk on the TM while trying to get caught up on emails at work - I'm going to need to be doing more of that- really getting behind at work and need to catch up somehow!

I am now without a kitchen. My husband and friend gutted it this weekend. The work starts next Monday so I have an extra week with no kitchen but it was when his friend could help him out.

This morning I decided to try RAW Just Step 4 and had a good workout. I didn't use my 1# sand weights or do the boxing parts full hard, but I still got my HR up and sweated pretty good. It was fun to do something different. I think tomorrow I'm going to try a leg workout and not use weights with it, just use body weight and concentrate on contraction and form. I need to do something, I feel like my body is turning to mush.

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 229 calories, HR was 134/165.

Then I did Jessica Smith's Neck & Shoulder Flow. I like that yoga workout.

I'm home today due to President's Day but am cleaning my house so I have to run. We are supposed to get a huge snow storm through today and tomorrow. I'm looking to be home tomorrow, too. This is coming from Oaklahoma I believe. Unreal!!!

Have a great workout everyone!!!

Hi,

Today I did CL# 334 Candy Hearts Circuit. Very fun workout. I also did SBF Barre Amped Bounce TB.

Jolie - hope you find a new car. We bought one last week and love it. Great job on your workouts.

Roselyn - great job!

Debbie - great job this morning. Enjoy your day off today and tomorrow.

Diane - thank you! Hope you did too. We don't have delivery were I live. Wished we did. You are lucky.
BBL!

Quick check in and I will come back for personals. I did Cathe Live 101 Step and Pump Cardio and Blast only, 33 minutes, 169 calories, heart rate 122/165, 3,199 steps. I then starte the Sculpting RX premix cardio and floor, but stopped after 9 minutes when Kelly was ready to go to the floor, moved on to Raw Body Training (33 minutes) which brings me to a total of 42 minutes, 108 calories, heart rate 87/116, 1,827 steps. This was much harder than I expected. I liked the standing portion which was active and targeted lower body, but when I got to the floor which was the last about 13 minutes it was rough. I wore my weighted 4 # vest for the lower(which was a suggested option) and took it off for floor. I did not even get through all of the floor as Kelly did as it was too much on my shoulders. The flip around crunch move was hard to get. I think I could. There was plank/downdog/shoulder push ups; inch worm push ups; close triceps push ups as some of the moves. I stood up and did some triceps kickbacks with light weights. The front of my shoulder is sore now.
Total time was 72 minutes, 277 calories, 5,026 steps.

Today I hurt my low back and hip first thing in the morning, I bent down to pet my dog and I could not get back up, my husband couldn't believe it. I think it is a spasm because I walked down the stairs fine and felt nothing until I bent down. Shoot, I have been feeling much better lately and now this. I walked on my TM today even though it was bothering me, I wanted to see if I could walk it off but no such luck. I walked 70 minutes, 60 minutes uphill, 10 minute 0 incline cool down. I traveled 3.5 miles, incline was 6.0 to 7.5, speed was 3.1 the entire way and I burned 730 calories. Next I did Caroline Girvan's DB Chest workout at home, 12 minutes and had a great workout. I did it lying on the floor instead of using a bench, I thought it would be better for my back. Total calories burned for both workout was 849 calories. I guess my afterburn from walking really boosted my calories while lifting today.

This workout was 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off.

Chest Press- 20's
Standing DB Chest Press 1 DB- 15#
Chest Press- 20's
Frontal Cross Body Raise- 12# each side
Chest Press- 20's
Chest Flies instead of pushups- 15's
Chest Press- 20's
Decline Chest Press, hips up- 12's
Chest Press- 20's
Pullovers- 12's

Debbie, I am so happy you got to do something new besides walking!!! Yeah! Stay warm and safe the next couple of days, thank goodness that you get to stay home too. I hate to say it but it will be 65 degrees here today and that is cold for me.

Doreen, Awesome that you get a new kitchen!! Our Jeep is the Sand color with a lift and huge wheels and tires on it. I have to use the step to even get into it :) Great job on the workout today. Stay warm

Belinda, Nice job with the Cathe Live workout today. I still haven't a car that I like in my price range, I have to buy a car that the seat doesn't kill my back, I swear, me and this back!!! I am thinking to going back to CL workouts in the spring so I can do them with you.

Diane Sue, stay home and stay safe today. The ice is crazy where you live, they showed it on the news yesterday in CA. Nice job with the workout, I bet it is nice not having school today.

BBL to read other posts for the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.