Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February 2021

I forgot to post yesterday! I did a 45 minute walk uphill on the TM and then I did Caroline Girvan's Back and Biceps 20 minutes and had a great workout. Workout was 68 minutes and I burned 589 calories.

Back and Biceps workout, 30 seconds on 30 seconds off. This was a great workout.

1 Arm Rows- 20# , 3 Rounds
Other Arm

1 Arm Horizontal Row- 15#, 3 Rounds
Other Arm

Pullovers- 24#'s 3 Rounds

Underhand DB 1 Arm Rows- 20#, 3 rounds
Other Arm

Deadlifts- 12's 3 rounds, I added in this exercise

Preacher Curls- 12# 1 Arm 3 Rounds
Other Arm

No workout today, I am tired but I had a great time last night. Tom Brady does it again! I made some money on that bet, again! Everyone thought Kansas City was going to win.

Everyone had a great workout today! I a really short on time this morning so I will comment tomorrow.

Make it a wonderful day.

Roselyn - I think you are going to like it.... but most of the time I play my own music and just watch the counter in the corner - she plays the same music and its not my typical style. And since she doesn't talk you don't have to worry about missing something!

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Cardio Step Jam, 33 minutes, 174 calories, heart rate 122/165, 3,429 `steps. I then did Walk Strong 3 Boogie I.T. (interval training), 29 minutes, heart rate 137/167, 172 calories, 2,777 steps. I finished with Walk Strong 3 Total Body stretch doing it twice as I had interruptions with school and went back and did it over again, 34 minutes, 38 calories, 94 steps. Total time was 96 minutes, 384 calories, 6,300 steps. I really wanted to do some weights today, but decided to do something lighter as my joints are achy. I guess because it is wet and freezing outside. Even my knees hurt this morning. Kelly has a couple of workouts that she should be putting up soon. I saw video clips. One is hi/lo with half of it step, the other is strength and cardio with a mix of things including some k'bell swings. Ladies game day has been changed for tomorrow so maybe I can do weights then. None of the ladies want to get out in the ice. This is typical for this month though.

Here is the recipe for the protein balls. I change it up at different times. They can be made with other nut butters than peanut butter and different additions. my granddaughter and I like dark chocolate chips. I saw some Lilly's on Whole Foods that says stevia on them. I may try them. Their other ones have sugar alcohols and I just cannot handle a bunch of that. Also the original has agave and I use honey and only about half what is used. When a bit too crumbly I add a tiny bit of water till they stick together and then refrigerate. They are great for a quick something when I am not ready to make a meal or before supplements in the morning. These are from Kelly. She has things she makes on her In the Kitchen with Kelly which I get a kick out of and good stuff to make.

Protein Balls
1 cup steel cut oats (you can use other than steel cut, but I like the texture it is crunchy though)
1 cup protein powder
1 cup peanut butter (Crunchy or Smooth or other, I like Nutso Power fuel sometimes)
1/2 cup agave (I use half and I use honey)
Mix up (they used their hands, but it is not necessary)
Add chocolate chips or other items(I have used dried blueberries, some flaxseed, dried cherries)
roll into balls and refrigerate

Belinda, nice work with Perfect 30 and SB today. It is nice that you and your husband enjoy car shopping together.

Debbie, I never know what to think with getting rid of those things. I know sometimes we over work one are and that causes problems. We tend to go much lighter on triceps over biceps. I know Rachel Cosgrove did not work Biceps as they are used so much and Kelly has said she doesn't do them that much, but the ladies want to so she does them.

Jolie, nice work on back and biceps yesterday and the treadmill walk.

Roselyn, it is always nice to change up instructors and workouts once in awhile. I generally look forward to something new.

Not much time this morning, I have a training at 9 that I'm doing. I walked on my treadmill again but this time did it at a 6% incline. Even though I felt it in my legs, my HR didn't get up that much. I didn't even break a sweat. But that's ok, still trying to take it easy for a couple more weeks. I worked on some knots in my back when I got done and those are getting better. My triceps are still sore and ache quite a bit since I've been pressing them out. I'm hoping that is a good sign and that they are loosening up.

Have a great workout and day everyoe! Sorry I have no time for personals!

Reactions: WD
No school today because of weather. I did Cathe Live Boxing Hiit Express #329 , 33 minutes (boxing with cardio no kicking) 145 calories, heart rate 111/151, 3051 steps. I then did Live # 333 (partially stopped after the first set of round 3 and did the stretch) 32 minutes, 89 calories, heart rate 98/141, 1,507 steps. I finished with Perfect 30 Extended stretch and some foam rolling for back, shoulders, and triceps, 14 minutes, 13 calories, heart rate 80/93, 18 steps. Total time 79 minutes, 247 calories, 4,576 steps.

Today I started off with a walk on the TM, 45 minutes uphill, 3.0 to 3.3 speed, 6.0 to 7.0 incline, traveled 2.45 miles and burned 412 calories. Next I did Caroline Girvan's 20 minute Triceps DB workout and boy is this a goodie! My Triceps are talking to me today :) This workout is 40 seconds on and 20 seconds rest. I used a variety of DB's where Caroline uses 1 heavy one, I do not know how she does it. I did not do the pushups, I subbed out other exercises. Total workout time was 75 minutes and I burned 574 calories. Heart rate was 122/176

40 seconds on/ 20 seconds rest

Close Grip Chest Press- 15's
Repeat no pushups
Close Grip Chest Press Reverse Grip 12's
Close Grip Chet Press hands touching- 15's
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's
Skull Crushers- 12's
Triceps Press Dead Stop at the bottom- 15's
No Pushups, Lying Triceps ext.- 12's
No Pushups, Lying Cross Body Ext.- 10#
Other Arm
Chest Press- 15's
No Pushups, Seated Overhead Ext.- 12's
Close Grip Press- 15's
Reverse Grip Chest Press- 12's
Close Grip Press Hands Touching- 12's
Lying Triceps Ext.- 10's
Skull Crushers- 12's
Triceps Close Grip Ext. with Dead Stop at the bottom- 15's
No push ups, Cross Body Ext.- 10#
Other Arm
Chest Press- 15's
ABS, Caroline does a Plank challenge.

Wow, That was Amaze Balls!!! I will be feeling it tomorrow :)

Debbie, nice up hill walk today. The great thing about Caroline's workouts is you need no equipment except weights. I also do mostly everything on the floor which is so much easier on my back.

Diane Sue, great workout today and yeah there was no school today. I put Rice Crispy cereal in my protein balls to add a little crunch, try it some time.

I hope you all have a great workout today. I think most of the country is getting the effects of the Polar Vortex! Burrrrrr, it is 59 degrees for a high here today.

BBL to read your posts for the day.

Hi,

Today I did SBF D30 Arms and abs. I also did CL# 61 2015 RT Kickboxing class. That one is so much fun. I modified all the jumping jacks.

Diane - thanks for the recipe.

Great job everyone.

I did a CDoerner step class this morning from YT. Really fun comos - one I've never seen before she called a half-circha (sp?) but it was fun!

I forgot to post the weights that I did do this morning. At least as far as I got before I stopped. Too much pressure on my shoulders even though Cathy does give some options on this one.

Cathe Live 333
3 strength exercises followed by 3 cardio exercises then repeated on on to a new round of moves. I think Cathe says 30 seconds for each move.

w/u 5:22 minutes
squat press 10# dbs
lunge/upright row 10# dbs
biceps curl/sumo 10# dbs
cardio
touch down, jacks, squat up, ?
repeat all

step out/arnold press 8# dbs
step back delt fly 10# dbs
cross back/W curl10# dbs
cardio
mat half circle drop, side hops 4 and 4, air jacks
repeat all

close grip squats 15# dbs
step back front raise 12# db
knee in push up ( skipped the push up and did mountain climbers)
cardio
hop,hop fighter stance, pendulum, battle ropes
repeat all ( I only did 1 round and not two as my neck and shoulders were feeling it as the boxing was a lot on the shoulders as well)
This ended about 27 minutes into the workout that is over 50 and I did the stretch at the end

Debbie, I hope that training went well today. I don't know about the rolling causing the triceps to hurt. Mine are sore when I roll them. I am not getting real aggressive with it though. I laid on my side today and rolled the triceps that way for a bit after doing my upper back area and up under my armpit area of the back side. These areas are almost always sore when I roll. Funny how you roll one area and there is a connection as I feel something like a snap clear up to my neck.

Jolie, if I were to use only one dumbbell for a workout it would end up being on the lighter side, not heavy. I have seen instructors do that with a body part and I would wonder how they could lift that much for all of the moves. I would not have thought of trying rice krispies. Generally we only have honey nut cheerios and raisin bran in the cupboard because that is what my husband eats. I ate the first Primal Kitchen frozen meal that I actually completely liked tonight. It would be the one with the higher fat content, although it is all healthy fat. It was a pesto chicken pesto bowl. I was looking at the ingredients wondering if I could come up with something like it, but lower the oil a bit. Tastes like pesto with the cheese, but there is no dairy in it. It has olive oil and almond butter with the basil and seasoning mixed into cauliflower rice with broccoli and yellow zucchini. I hope this summer I can grow my own basil. My daughter had so much she bought me over some last year that she pulled out by the roots and said it grows like weeds.

59 sounds nice. That is where we were last week. Now it is ice all over. I think this may hang around for awhile. They changed the ladies game day a third time as we may have snow on Monday so Tuesday would not be a good day. It was supposed to be today. I had to go out to get a package out of our community mailbox today. I took hot water and a spackle knife to pry it open so I could get the key to open the package container. Otherwise, informed deliver showed it was almost all junk mail and I would have ignored it, because I always have that issue.

Belinda, that is a fun kickboxing workout. Nice work with the kickboxing and SBF.

It was 8 degrees when I woke up this morning, now that's cold! We will be in the negative digits as a high by Sunday. Yikes!! Good thing we have two pellet stoves. Love them, they keep our house so warm. Our furnace never feels like it is on when it's this cold, so I am thankful for our pellet stoves.

I walked again this morning. I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to do that anymore. I'm so tired of walking on my treadmill. But I have to keep moving and right now this is all I should be doing. My left tricep was really hurting yesterday along with the left side of my back. I was really hoping by now this pain would subside a bit. Some days it's good, other days its bad. I know the issue has been haunting me for over a year so I'm sure it isn't going to go away in only a week and a half. I'm just getting frustrated and sick of not being able to work out. I will roll my triceps again tonight along with icing them. It's weird, when I ice them I can really feel somethng happening beneath the skin. It's freaky. Sorry for all the complaining. :(

Jolie - I wish it was 59 here. I seen 8 degrees on my thermometer this morning!! It's supposed to be like this all week with highs only in the lower 20's. Anyways, nice workout yesterday, when I can get back to lifting I'm going to do Caroline's workouts. They look awesome!

Diane - I am rolling my triceps aggressively. Maybe I shouldn't be? It definitly is loosening up, though, as I can actually feel them getting length. I think they've been tight for so long that it hurts doing this process because the muscles don't know what to do. I'm not sure why my body is having such issues with tightness all the time, and it's sort of scaring me. It makes me feel like I have something deeper going on than just tight, sore muscles. Icing helps a lot as well as Aleve. Like you, I have tightness under my arm, it just seems to be all over my left side. And sitting here at work just makes me miserable. I'm wondering if the chair I have (which is over 8 years old) needs to be replace? Anyways, I'm sick of it, I'm tired of feeling like this and I just want to feel good again. :( I'm sure you can totally relate!!!

Belinda - Great job on your workout, I'll have to make a mental note about CL #61. I love a good kickboxing workout!!

Doreen - Great job with your workout yesterday! I'm waiting for my Color Street order. I hope the bitter cold doesn't affect them as they will be in my mailbox for a few hours before I get home.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Good morning,

Today I did CL # 35 Long and Strong Legs. Had a great workout I also did SBF LB. My LB is fried.

Debbie - I think you would like the CL #61. Very fun workout. I will do that one again. Loved the music too.
Great job on your walk this morning. It's very cold her in WV too. We have one pellet stove in the basement. I bought a space heater for my gym.

I will try to be back later.

Debbie, here is one of the links I read among many https://www.chiroeco.com/5-most-common-foam-rolling-mistakes/ It seems sometimes rolling out a spot that is already sore and painful increases inflammation. I think rolling is more to prevent than to heal. I am learning to go lighter with this stuff. They let up at PT with being agressive as I went home with much more pain. There is so much conflicting information out there. Maybe give it a break for a few days to recover? Then roll with the ball again? It may make it tighten up more because it is inflamed even more.

I need to get to my workout. Not enough sleep as I read scary stuff about the vaccine. Then woke when my husband came in talking about the roads. My daughter may bring the children so their dad can pick them up. Personally I think she should stay off these roads. We are supposed to drop into 3 and 4 degrees at night by the end f the week. It is 20 right now.

Today I did Step Sync, Fitbit was making me so angry. I took it off and shook it when I saw it was at 76 heart rate at 18 minutes into the workout. I hate this watch. I finally gave up and just did the workout without looking at it anymore. My workout was 59 minutes, 250 calories, heart rate 106/143 heart rate (21 minutes below zone :mad: ) 5,864 steps. Fitbit was not syncing this morning either. It wastes a lot of my time.
No pain today so maybe so that is a positive right now. I am just tired as I had 5 hours again last night. I need to do some more clearing out and packing in hopes the house sells soon although with this weather there are no one is coming to look. We have a house picked out. I will be back for personals in a little while. I need to get ready just in case my daughter ventures out with the grandchildren.

Today's workout did not go as planned. I wanted to walk on the TM and then do Shoulders but I got a call 40 minutes into my walk and when the call ended I had walked for 1 hour and 20 minutes!!! I did not realize how long I was on the phone for and boy did I burn some calories today. I traveled 4.3 miles uphill, 6.0 to 7.5 incline, 3.0 to 3.3 speed and burned 859 calories :) I may be tired tomorrow... Heart rate was 126/184. Have you all noticed that I am not hurting my low back lately since I stopped doing Cathe and Yvette workouts? I love these NO impact workouts that are slow and controlled and I love walking because that is no impact too. I think I found my new way of working out and I am really happy about it.

Debbie, wow is it cold where you live!!! It will be 62 degrees here and I am freezing and i have the heater on too. I bet you are sick of walking, this has been a long road with this issue and I hope you get to the bottom of it soon. I am sorry that you not feeling great again, this is just crazy what you are dealing with and the pain that you have to deal with on a daily basis.

Diane, Nice workout. I didn't know that Oklahoma got snow. I guess you are in the mid west plains areas so you would get snow. I would find it difficult to workout when it is so cold outside, I would just want to stay cozy. I think I will make the protein balls today, thanks for reminding me of them again.

Belinda, nice CL workout today! I will have to try that one again once I sign back up in a few months. Try the protein balls or bars you will like them. I use Vanilla Whey protein, it gives them a great flavor.

Doreen, I hope you have a great workout today.

Roselyn, How do you like Caroline Girvan's workouts?

Have a wonderful day. I need to go and get my husband a Valentines gift, we usually do not give gifts but I feel like it this year.

I did 10 mintues on my bike this morning with a scenic ride through the Alps. It looked like the trail went through a pasture - it was funny seeing the cows look at them...

The I did a GHUTV Ladder Down workout - OMG - this really snuck up on me and I was working hard! Very Metabolic!
You start the first round with 10 reps of a move, do all 5 moves, then 1 minute break. Each round you take away a rep and then decrease rest time until the last round, 2 reps and 1 rep its no break between rounds.

Moves were:
DL to squat
Curtsey Lunge to bicep curl alternating right to left.
Squat jacks
Push-up to Row right and left
Squat thrust to bicep curl to overhead press.

Walked on my treadmill again, went up to a 7% incline and worked my legs and behind pretty good. My HR didn't get up that high, but I felt it iin my legs at least.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 236 calories (TM said 301), went 1.95 miles (TM said 2.18) - why such a huge difference here? - did 4790 steps and HR was 105/121 although I never saw a reading over 106.

Feeling ok today, Iam trying to stand more at work, that helps the upper back pain. I rolled my triceps out again last night but did it gently. They don't hurt this morning so I think that is good.

Belinda - Our pellet stoves are right where we are at in the house most of the time, in our living room we have a small one and in our dining room/kitchen we have a larger one. Totally love them! Good job on your leg workout yesterday!

Diane - Thanks for the link and I agree, foam rollers are probably for maintenance and not healing. But I'm using a therapy ball for my triceps, not the foam roller. I do think I was being too aggressive, though. You are right, it shouldn't hurt for 2 days afterwards. I know what you mean with the FB, I'm sick of these devices. I remember having the same issue with the chest strap ones I used to have. Hated those things. I am glad you are not in pain right now. Wish I wasn't!!

Jolie - Wow, nice workout and calorie burn yesterday!! I'm sure talking on the phone made the time go fast!!

Roselyn & Doreen - Nice workouts!!

Have a great day everyone!

This morning I did a Giana Storey Advanced step. Fun music and moves and lots of steps.

I've just given to using my FB to count steps, set alarms and the timer - I don't watch the HR reading or calorie count or anything else. My health insurance pays me for steps so that's about all I look at.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.