Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for AUGUST 2022!!

Yesterday was a rest day for me, my son left back for college so there was a lot to do. Today was a cardio day and it felt amazing to sweat, the humidity is high again, so it makes working out feel tougher than it really is. Today I started with an uphill walk on the treadmill, 46 minutes and traveled 2.5 miles. Next, I did interval sprints on my elliptical, 11 minutes, 1-minute-high incline with high resistance and 1-minute lower incline with a lower resistance. I traveled 1.3 miles and boy was that tough since it has been a minute since I last used my elliptical. Total workout time was 57 minutes and I burned 611 calories. I did a nice stretch at the end of the workout; my upper body is getting better but still fascia pain in the left shoulder area. What a pain, I hate that it is always something lately. But, I am feeling so much better lately, good energy, good sleep, and less pain in the back so I will take that as a plus.

Debbie, great job on the workout today and bummer that your elbow is feeling the lifting. I swear, it is always something with us!!! I am going to up my cardio and do less weights for a little while to give my muscles a break or at least till it releases. The problem is, when I do not lift a lot, I do not like the way that I look, I get flabby and that is a no no in my book. I guess I just have to cut back for a while just to give my upper body a break. Bummer about the cricket, those things can really make a lot of noise for being as small as they are, right!

Doreen, welcome back, we were worried about you! Nice job on the workouts.

Belinda, nice job on the Beast workout. How are you feeling lately?

BBL to read the other posts for the day. BTW, I am ready for Fall, this hot humid weather sucks!

Julie, great job on your cardio today. Thanks for asking. I am feeling a lot better lately. My meds are starting to work. I am so happy about it. RP was kicking my butt for over a year. I needed a break. I hope I go into remission for a looooong time. How are your parents doing?

Reactions: WD
This morning I did a Penny Superset Strength workout this morning. Very good exercises and good format.

My son heads back to college tomorrow and will be moving into an apartment with a roommate. He and my husband will take the final load up tomorrow. My daughter also starts school tomorrow as well.

I start my master class this week as well - so everybody is back to school!!! I must say I'm not really looking forward to my class but it's required so oh well.

This morning I did CDorner Hiit(no equipment no repeat) This should have been ab hiit or something. Lots of to the floor stuff. This was 32 minutes, heart rate 112/148 heart rate started out good then it went to planks and abs all timed 45 seconds. I burned 122 calories, and it was 1,520 steps. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw boxing finisher to get in some extra cardio, 16 minutes, heart rate 121/149, 79 calories, 1,286 steps. I finished with CDorner's new stretch for neck and back, 28 minutes,39 calories. Total time was 76 minutes, calories burned 240 calories, 2,806 steps.

Doreen, good to see you are back. I know how it is when things just get really busy. I guess the master class is for work. I hope it goes well and quickly for you.

Debbie, great workout today. I think I have got kind of used to tubing and bands. They seem to use them a lot in PT. I feel better when I wear gloves while using them. Mine had all worn out and I have been doing workouts without until a few weeks ago when I researched and bought some new ones to help my wrists. I don't know what is up with those knots. Over the years I have had off and on issues with the elbows. Boxing sometimes bothers, but also things like seated concentration curls. I don't know if it is the angle or what, but it does bother me.
I hope you catch the cricket and don't find ants instead. I guess they would not want you to spray around the area. I decided to wait and get cashews. I used to have them in stock all of the time. They are my husband's favorite. I have not made awesome sauce in forever and was thinking that was something I really like. All I have now is walnuts and peanuts. I am not a fan of peanuts most of the time. I would have ordered the cashew queso from Amazon even though overpriced, but reading the reviews about shipping issues and stuff, I think the heat might not be a good idea for shipping. I got a new Earth Science deodorant yesterday and it had melted somewhat inside the plastic around it. I can only find it at Sprouts and I am no longer close to Sprouts.

Jolie nice work on the cardio today. I am glad you are feeling so much better and resting well.

Last edited:
Today I did Tracy Steen No Repeat Upper Body Work It Circuit. Not bad, but she needs to change up her cardio segments. Its always the same. I'm getting bored. It was a thorough upper body weight workout. I also walked 2 miles at lunchtime.

Diane, I will have to preview her Hiit workout. I am always looking for fun HIIT. I just don't like repeating the moves. It's hard to find that.

Doreen, good luck with your class. Penny sure can deliver some intense, sweaty workout. I like her super set strengths.

Good workouts everyone! Gotta read.

Belinda, nice work with Beast Mode. I am glad to hear that the meds are starting to kick in. I have not seen Cashew Powder, but that makes sense as they have almond flour. Cashews would probably taste best. I use oat milk for a lot of things. I did see a recipe that did not use cashews, but they said you needed to eat it right away. I would like to have some leftover for other things.

Cam, nice work with Tracey Steen No repeat Upper Body Circuit. I would prefer those cardio segments each be different myself.

Liz Cheney is out! Ba bye!!

Today I walked on my treadmill but did an incline of 5% which was tough for me since I'm not used to that anymore. I sure miss running, breaks my heart that I can't do it anymore. Anyways, workout was 31 minutes, burned 304 calories, went 1.6 miles, did 3781 steps and HR was 145/179.

I also did my PT exercises for my upper back and some for my knees. Feeling ok today but still have a knot. It's not bad, though, I almost did a boxing workout but thought better of it.

Belinda - So glad to hear you are feeling better, that is great news!!

Jolie - Great workout! Sorry you are still dealing with that knot, too. So ridiculous how they just appear and stay forever.

Diane - My elbows are fine now but certain bicep lifts really irritate them so I have to be careful. I forgot about that Awesome sauce. I'll have to dig that out again, it was good. I can't believe how expensive nuts are.

Doreen - It's crazy that school is starting already, where did the summer go?

Cam - Good job with your workout!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi everyone,

Walk outside and Beast mode CT is done. Sadie isn't feeling well after our walk. I am keeping an eye on her.

Diane - thank you. I hope I stay that way. It's almost scary, lol. That is what I use sometimes instead of Cashew. Especially since you don't have to soak the nuts before you blend them .https://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Cashew-Butter-Powder/dp/B092GJ44V3?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1 Great job on your workouts.

Debbie - thank you. I almost feel myself again. No pain. I hope it stays that way. Sorry you dealing with knots constantly. I hope you feel better soon.

Jolie - have fun with your workout today.

Hi Cam, Roselyn, Roxie and Doreen.

I did a 35 minute bike ride, 8 miles this morning on Ifit. Going to try the IFit Couch to 40K 2 series in Utah. I like the scenery.

Both kids back to school today. My husband took my son with a truckload of stuff up to his apartment in Lakewood this morning.

No workout today. I could have fit one in, but I really think a rest day is good. I am still waiting on our sprinkler people to come and move and repair sprinklers. They should be here. I woke up and my low and upper back hurt, shoulders hurt, and neck. I was really not feeling a workout. I did some stretching like usual. I am surprised the workouts I have done have had that much affect since they were on the light side. I think I need to cut back on the jacks.

Debbie, I wish I could do all out boxing with heavy bag workouts and the jumping like I used to do. I just cannot get away with it anymore. I used to do long hard runs on the treadmill, but that has been quite a few years ago. I did a lot of jacks the last couple of days and I think it is more that that has made my hips and knees hurt. Yes, Bye Bye to Liz.

Belinda, great job on Beast Mode CT. I am so glad you are feeling good. Praying it stays that way. Poor Sadie, I hope she is okay. Thank you for the link on the powdered cashews.

Doreen, nice work on the 8 mile bike ride today.

Thank you, Diane! I need all the prayers I can get. I don't know what is wrong with Sadie, she is vomiting every time she eats. I gave her half the food for lunch she vomit that up too. She only gets 2 TBS of dry food each meal. If she keeps it up I will take her to the vet tomorrow. I am so sorry you hurting. I will pray for you too.

Today was ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast.

Yes, bye bye is right. You should see the idiot we have running against Ron Johnson. Good grief! They say he's ahead in the polls. No way. He has barely held a job doesn't pay his traffic fines and had a suspended DL and has the cops drive him around. Didn't pay his taxes...the list could go on. And he is up against a man who started his own business, and had a successful career. Jeesh. He's our LT gov. and even our liberal Gov doesn't like him. What a joke. If he wins I've lost faith in this state.

Good workouts everyone!

Good morning,

Today is a rest day from Beastmode. I did walk this morning.

Have a wonderful day and workout everyone.

This morning I walked on my treadmill again. Now I have a knot in the right upper back. :mad: I am trying so hard to sit up straight at work and it actually hurts to do. Literally hurts - burning muscles near my spine, traps getting tight. That is how awful my posture is. I hope the pain and burning of trying to situp straight goes away soon, I'm hoping my back will get used to it eventually. This is why I stop doing it, though, because it is so painful for me. I was researching a treatment initially created by Ida Rolf for people like me, it looks like it's working on fascia and there are 10 sessions. I do think I'd benefit from it but it is quite costly. I just don't have the money to do it. I really need to be mindful and just do it. Maybe if I can retrain my back to sit correctly, it won't be so hard. Do any of you deal with this? Or am I the only one? If so, what have you done to correct your posture?

Walk was 41 minutes, burned 384 calories, did 2.1 miles and went 4933 steps. HR was 142/165.

No time for personals, I hope you are all doing great and have a great workout!!

I forgot to check in yesterday. Since it was hot and humid I just did a Bicep and AB workout in the house while I watched a tennis match on tv. Today, I got up earlier than usual and got in a pretty good workout before it got too hot. I started with a 20 minute uphill walk on the TM and traveled 1.2 miles. Next, I did an Interval workout on the elliptical, 12 minutes and traveled 1.2 miles. This was hard, I used a high resistance every two minutes and I was dying by the end of the workout. My quads are going to get in so much better shape using the eliptical than just walking on the TM. After the cardio I did a total body workout, 3 rounds of the circuit and each exercise x 12 reps. Total workout time was 1 hour 6 minutes and I burned 466 calories.

Chest Press- 15's x 16, x 16, x 16 (3 rounds lite weights due to fascia issue)
Lying Triceps Ext.- 10's x 16, x 16, x 16
Upright Rows- 10's x 16, x 16, x 16
1 Arm Rows- 15# x 16, x 16, x 16
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 16, x 16
ABS- 4 exercises to failure

No biceps because I did them yesterday.

Debbie, bummer about your upper body too! I am so sick of this shit, but I am working through it. Yeah, on to Liz Chaney getting booted from her seat, what a looser and disgrace! Biden actually called her afterwards, who's party does she represent again! My son has upper body pain issues, and it stems from his hamstrings from sitting in class so much, weird right?

Cam, nice workout yesterday and yippee on Liz getting booted from her seat! I love Ron Johnson, he is a true good old boy!

Diane Sue, I think it sounds like a rest day was in order for you yesterday. I take them now if I feel like I need one, I don't push through anymore because that is when I run into trouble.

Belinda, how is Sadie today? Maybe she got sick from the heat? Give us and update today.
Doreen, great job on the bike workout! I love those apps that take you through scenery, it makes the time go by so much faster and it is nice to look at too!

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice workout today.

I started Next Level Strength with John Peel on Ifit today. Not sure if I will stick with it - these strength workouts on Ifit are pretty boring - almost all are circuits and they take a long time explaining.

Checking in with a late workout. Tonight I did Fex Train. Perfect for today. I wanted something light on leg work and more upper body focus. I just went a little heavier and slowed down the movement. Good workout. I really like this one.

Doreen, life is too short to waste on boring workouts. I would try something else that you enjoy and look forward to doing.

No workout tomorrow. Have a good weekend everyone!

Today I did CDorner 30-minute Butt workout, 39 minutes, 93 calories, heart rate 89/109, 823 steps. I then did Raw Step Boxing, 28 minutes, 119 calories, heart rate 118/153, 2,462 steps. I finished with Raw stretch finisher and the neck and shoulder portion of CDorner Neck and hips stretch. I stopped after the child pose to up dog portion. This was 26 minutes, 38 calories. Total time was 93 minutes, 250 calories(that does not make sense) 3,285 steps.
Butt Workout uses dumbbells and a heavy fabric loop band
Warm Up
Band around ankles and 1 15# dumbbell squats 1 minutes
Band above the knees push back alternating legs/squat to jump 1 minutes
Band 1 leg balance hinge bend at knee and stand up straight knee up 60 seconds
repeat other side
band on leg back diagonal tap/lift alternating 1 minutes
Mat
banded glute bridge 1 minutes
band on bridge with hands on the floor/knee in and out 1 minute repeat other side
remove band for last series which is repeated 3 times 30 seconds each move
glute bridge with dumbbell on hips 15# 30 sec flip over and do glute presses with 10# db behind knee 1 1/2 30 sec then pulses for 30 sec glute press other leg
repeat all two more times
stretch

Debbie, I can see sitting at work is a large part of your problem. You seemed to be doing better when you were off work. As you know, the same thing happens to me. I could feel the knot trying to crop up the last two days and I spent way too much time on the computer yesterday. I rolled and worked on it this morning and avoided an upper workout today. My PT kept telling me it was my traps causing a lot of that pain. I don't know how to keep it gone though. I get better and then it comes back. I mentioned that posture t shirt from copper fit and how it made me hurt worse to the PT and he suggested maybe I not wear it all day and build up to wearing it. I have not done that though. It is tight and to me hot and uncomfortable for summer wearing. You are supposed to be able to wear those for workouts. They now have a posture sports type bra on their website. I contemplated, but thought I need to like the t-shirt. first. I will say the sports bra does not look as miserable, but still has the design sewn in in the back. Nice work on the treadmill walk today.

Jolie, nice work on the total body workout that you did today. They suggested I use an elliptical to strengthen my bones in my hip when I had my bone scan. I suppose I should look into one. I don't think they realize how much weight bearing work I do though. I am getting better at just taking rest days when I am just not feeling it. I used to do it no matter what out of habit I guess.

Belinda, I am glad Sadie is eating today. Gertie has done that off and on lately. I have tried a different dish to help slow her eating and switched to a sensitive dog food that has turkey in it. My holistic vet calls chicken and beef maybe proteins as not all dogs do well with it. Gertie has a habit this summer of going outside and lying in the sun and comes in heated and flops on the floor looking miserable. I sometimes just make sure she does not "need" out and shut the door so she cannot go out the doggie door. I give her a little rice and pumpkin when she is sick after having her go a few hours without food. My vet says if a dog is in bad shape (not sure what that means) to give a cleansing diet of only green beans and sweet potatoes and it helps shed inflammation. Sadie is so small I would take her to the vet if it continued very long. I hope that you had a good rest day today.

Doreen, nice work. I could not handle sticking with workouts that were boring.

Today I did Beastmode TB. No walk today, it’s too hot outside.

Diane - I really think it was the heat. We walked a little later that day than usually. Sadie is eating and playing around. Saide does like laying by the window, they sun it beating on her. Our living room windows are low, the hops right on it. I do keep the shatters closed, she still managed to squeeze on it.I hope Gertie is feeling better too. I would ask why your vet said Gertie is in bad shape? Sadie has a vet appointment next week, she is getting her shots.

BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.