Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for AUGUST 2022!!

No workout for me today. I slept terribly last night and couldn't even get motivated. :(

Diane - I have one of those posture belts and it works ok for a while. It hurts to wear, though. The instructions say to just wear in for 20 minutes at first and work your way up to an hour. It sort of helped but then it sort of didn't. I don't know, really frustrates me that my posture is so bad.

Sorry I don't have time for more personals. I have a meeting I need to get to. Hope you all have a great weekend!

I went outsdie for a bike ride this morning since its been nice in the mornings. I did 1 hour, 8.5 miles

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Cardio Step Jam and Boogie IT (with extra warm up) 67 minutes, heart rate 119/163, 282 calories, 7015 steps. I then Did Jessica Smith Youtube Fulll Body Dynamic Stretch Flow to improve mobility, 24 minutes, heart rate 87/103, 51 calories, 39 steps. I liked this and will probably use it again. No down dog moves in this flow. Total time was 91 minutes, 330 calories, 7,054 steps.

Belinda, nice work with Beast Mode. It was hot here today. I went out with Gertie this morning and it was already too hot. I was just telling one of the protocols on the Holistic Vets sheet. I was not quite sure what that meant. Gertie is fine, just this occasional upset stomach that we have to deal with and I think a lot is the heat. Sometimes I think it is things she picks up outside. I had to move a flower pot because she kept digging a hole in it with her nose. It is now on the picnic table. It is a large pot. She broke off the flowers twice. So I think that may have been a problem. I don't know what it is about the potting soil that attracts her. She did this with a hydrangea in a pot at our last house.

Debbie, maybe when it cools off, I will try the posture shirt again.

Doreen, nice work on the ride this morning.

Yesterday was rest day #2 for the week. I ended up cleaning my gym room and rearranging it, messy spaces get me nuts! Today I had a fantastic workout, I started with an uphill walk on the TM, 45 minutes, traveled 2.4 miles and burned 354 calories. Next, I did Cathe's X-Train Biceps and Triceps and did really well even though I did not lift too heavy. This workout is alternating between Biceps and Triceps with a new exercise per round and each set is X 16 reps. My left shoulder is still bothering me, the fascia makes a snapping sound when I put my left arm across my chest. I have an actual lump of fascia on my left collarbone that is not wanting to go away. Once I stretch and really get in some movement the snapping of the fascia stops. I hope this goes away soon; I hate babying it all of the time. Today's workout was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 722 calories. I added the stretch at the end that Cathe does on the DVD and it felt amazing. These are really great workouts; it has been ages since I have done one and I cannot wait to do some more this coming week.

Great workouts yesterday to all of you, we are killing it!

I hope you all have a great workout today and enjoy your weekend.

Reactions: WD
Checking in with Perfect Pump. All of it. Bonuses too. Haven't done the upper and lower bonuses before. Really good. It was a long workout, yet the time flew. I have fallen in love with this one. It's slower paced and just really well executed. 10-12 reps per exercise so I went heavy. My muscles are tired.

A rainy, muggy day, so thought it was a good morning to do a long workout. My knees have been a little achey and I am so conscious of my form. I think I realized that when I do lunges I have the back leg too far back. I have felt some puling and a little pain. It seemed to make difference. I noticed this when Cathe and gals were doing them. We'll see if that makes a difference. Hmm. I forget how great Cathe's form pointers are. However, my younger self failed to listen them. My older self has paid the price. Not anymore. My new self goes slower and stretches longer.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday. Off to try to enjoy the day and hope we don't get poured on.

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Cardio Hiit (kickboxing with kicking drills at the end) 31 minutes, heart rate 120/155,141 calories, 2,745 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Slim Sculpt 23 minutes, 121 calories, heart rate 121/144, 1,252 steps. I used 3,5 and 10# dumbbells. Kelly uses 12# and the other women use 15#. I am just being cautious. I like this and it is quick and fun. I have done it once before. I need to get it typed out and in my Raw notebook. I finished off with CDorner Neck and Back Stretch 27 minutes, heart rate 79/102, 45 calories. It really is a slow relaxed stretch and I like it a lot. Total time was 81 minutes, 307 calories, 3,997 steps.

Cam, I used to always find myself over exaggerating movements. I have learned we all have some different body mechanics and sometimes we have to alter a bit. I have learned not to do cross back lunges so far back and out. When I first started doing those, they always set my knee off into pain. Listening to pointers does help if we listen. I like Perfect Pump too. I usually do it as upper or lower though.
It is supposed to rain tomorrow morning. I ran out to get a bit of work done in the yard this afternoon in anticipation.

Belinda, glad that you got your walk in today.

Jolie, I keep looking at my workout space and wish I could figure out something to make it more spacious. I just do not want to get rid of anything. I need my husband or someone to maybe hang the televisions.
I am glad to hear the stretching and movement helps the snapping stop. I had snapping with my shoulder, and I guess it was the bone spurs tearing the supraspinatus and biceps tendon. The XTrain workouts are excellent workouts. You really got a burn in with your workout.

Today I did Michelle 40 min. Low Impact Cardio Hiit + Yoga Flow. Liked it. We also took a 2 mile walk with the dog in the park tonight. Beautiful night. It dried out nicely. No mosquitoes this month. Amazing! We even walked in the woods for awhile.

Good workouts Ladies! Tomorrow its back to the grind. Ugh.

This morning I did RAW Box & Pump 4. This is such a great workout and it is so much fun. Jane is in it and I really like her. The boxing segments were really fun and since my knees are feeling better, I figured I'd try it. I was able to do all the exercises but being very careful with them. So far so good. I went down in weights a bit from the last time I did this but I still had a great workout.

Box & Pump 4 - 1 minute intervals:

Hammer Curl Pulse/Supination:
12's
Deadlifts: 12's
Boxing Segment: 1# hand weights

Dumbbell Curl Pulses/Pledges: 12's
Squat//Fold/Deadlift Up: 12's

Overhead Press: 8's
Lunges: 8's

Lateral Raise/Alt. Front Raise: 5's
Lunge Sequence: 8's

Overhead Triceps Extension: 10#
Plie Squats: 10#

Kickbacks: 5's
Glute Pulses: BW

Fun stuff! Workout was 48 minutes, burned 405 calories, did 3576 steps and HR was 134/172.

Upper back is ok, knot is still there but not as big as it was. I felt pretty good this weekend overall.

Great job on your workouts this weekend!! Hope you all have a great day.

Today I had a fantastic workout, I slept well and that makes all the difference in the world. I started with a 2.2-mile uphill walk on the treadmill and burned 385 calories in 41 minutes. Next, I did Cathe's STS Meso 2 Disc #13 Shoulders only and added some upright rows at the end as well as some leg extensions. Total workout time was 1 hour 11 minutes and I burned 568 calories.

Alternating seated overhead front press- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8
Seated Double arm front press- 15's x 12

1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 12, x 10, x 8
Seated Double Arm Lateral Raise- 10's x 13

Seated Rear Flys- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8

Upright Rows- 12's x 12, x 10, x 8

Leg Ext.- 40# x 20, x 16, x 14, x 12

I could have gone heavier, but I am too scared it will aggravate my shoulder issue, so I kept it lighter weights. I still have a snapping type sound in my left Trap, and it goes up to my left ear and to the back of my head and down to my shoulder and to my breastbone. It is getting much better, but I cannot believe how hard it is to get it to release and to relax!

Debbie, nice job on the workout today! I am glad that your knees are doing well and that your issue with the knot is getting better too!

Belinda, what are you going to do this week for your rotation?

Roselyn, I hope you had a fantastic vacation and great job with the Caroline workout.

Diane Sue, my space in my gym room is limited as well. I always stand in there imagining how I can create more space without getting rid of anything. The only thing I got rid of when I moved was my spin bike, it hurt my knees and my leg press machine. I got new mats for the floors to help with the shock absorption and this makes a big difference for my joints when doing a step workout. I want to do more step workouts this Fall. Nice job on your workouts over the weekend.

BBL to read the other posts for the day.

Today I did Cathe Boss Bands Total Body, 55 minutes, heart rate 95/132, 140 calories. I then did Jessica Smith Walk Strong Ready Steady Go, 31 minutes, heart rate 108/140, 114 calories. Total time 86 minutes, 4,270 steps, 254 calories. I had a great birthday with family yesterday. No workout yesterday.

Debbie, that is a good workout. I like that it does not have overhead presses. I have to really lighten up on those. The time goes fast with Box and Pump 4.

Jolie, a good night's sleep always helps the energy. Great workout today. I find the fact that my calorie burns are so low when I work hard on the spin bike is discouraging. That, and unless I find some entertainment or do it as part of a cardio weight circuit, I am bored with it.

Roselyn nice work with CDorner Step. I usually enjoy her step workouts.

Hi,

Today I barre lower and upper body.

Diane - glad you had fun at the birthday yesterday. Was it your birthday? Great job on your workouts.

Jolie - I still haven't decided what I will do this week. Great job today.

Debbie, Cam, Roselyn great job on your workouts.

Have a great Monday.

I took a 2 mile walk at lunchtime, then after work I did ICE Boot Camp and then my husband and I took another 2 mile dog walk after dinner. She did good tonight. It is so beautiful out. I am sad that it is starting to get darker now.

Belinda, hope you figure out a rotation. Good job with barre.

Diane, good workouts today. Are you liking Boss Bands workout? I struggle with those bands. I really like the legs and glutes one though.

Jolie, good workout today. Smart to not push it.

Debbie, good workout with Kelly.

Roselyn, glad you had a fun step workout. Her step library is overwhelming. The one she released this past weekend looked fun.

Time for bed!

So since I've been back to work I've set my alarm clock to go off 10 minutes earlier. I'm telling you, that extra 10 minutes has had an extremely positive outcome! I can get a good solid hour of a workout in plus it seems I have extra time before work rather than running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Plus it doesn't really seem any earlier than usual.

Today I walked on my treadmill for 45 minutes on a 4% incline, burned 409 caloires (holy moly!), went 2.29 miles, did 5336 steps and HR was 140/170. Love these calorie burns but wondering if it could actually be right? I hope so!!

Jolie - I am with you on the knot thing. Mine is almost gone but still hanging on with all it can. I try to relax my traps during the day and sit up straight and it has helped, but not making it go away yet. Great workout yesterday!!

Roselyn - Good job with Chris's step workout, she has some fun ones. I miss doing them.

Diane - Box & Pump 4 does have overhead presses. I went really light with them. Only 1 set though, so it's not too bad. I love that workout, though. Great job on your workout yesterday.

Belinda - How is Sadie doing? I hope she is doing good again!

Cam - Nice workout yesterday!!

Have a great day everyone!

Today I did CDorner Step Hiit with weights, 47 minutes, heart rate 112/138, 180 calories, 1973 steps. I then did CDorner stretch that she posted that was previously filmed, 25 minutes (I stopped at the figure 4 stretch) 44 calories, heart rate 81/101,138 steps. This was a good stretch, and I would have done it all, but wanted to be dressed and ready when my husband gets up to go vote on some runoffs before he goes to work. It has been a crazy day. Sleep was awful and I got up at 2:30 and took melatonin looking at the clock till 3:17. Then this morning my granddaughter called and had missed her first day riding the school bus, so I was running to get dressed and get her to school. I had never seen the high school. Poor child seemed distraught. This is her first year in high school. Tomorrow, I have a friend coming over with a birthday present in the morning, so I am not sure about the workout.
CDorner Step and weights was 1 minute each move alternating step with a weight move
step
plie/front raise 8# dbs
step
plie/upright row 10# dbs
step
plie/overhead press or one of the other moves I did 8# upright row
step
bent over row and up 12# dbs
step
1 foot on step dead rows 12# dbs
step
other foot dead rows 12# dbs
step and then break
step
biceps 10's static lunge with a run curl (not fast)
step
biceps with lunge other side 8# dbs (felt it in shoulders too much)
step
biceps hold in L position/reverse/ twist alternating sides
step
triceps dips (I managed this the way she did it as option was kickbacks)
step
bird dog on step triceps kickback 8# db
bird dog on step triceps kickback 8# db on other side
cooldown stretch

Belinda, actually my birthday is this weekend. Nice work with the barre work upper and lower body.

Cam, great job getting the bootcamp in and two walks. That is great that your dog is doing better. Yes. i am liking the Boss Bands workout. At first, I was just doing premixes and skipping portions, but I can get through it all now and even used two bands for all of those bicep curls. I used the blue and orange light one though as they use the blue and medium green. I use light for overhead stuff. Cathy does suggest option in a couple of places. I used no band for the superman move. I have been having back pain and I did not want to overdo the low back. I did not lift very high off the floor.

Debbie, that is great that the extra 10 minutes is having positive effects. I know sometimes the feeling rushed is more stressful and tiring. I hate having to rush around, but it seems I still get that a lot and I do not work. You are getting some great calorie burns and your heart rate is up there. Great treadmill workout. I had that knot thing brewing, but today it seems good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.