Hardcore Fitness Maniacs December 2018

Debbie - we bought the tires at Costco. They had a sale one them this week. I agree, they are expensive. He did the Swmmer move differently, I was dying with my 5's :) Good job on your weight workout. Have you looked into other BB programs?

Roslyn - good luck tomorrow with your mammogram. I always get so anxious. Good job on the BP workout today.

Diane Sue - great job with all your workouts today.

Roxie - where are you?

DOZ - hope you had a great workout and day today.

That's it for me today. See you all tomorrow. DD will and stay with us over the holiday's. So excited to see her :)

Reactions: WD
Checking in late today, 3 mile walk and I burned 378 calories. I had to get my son off for his ski trip so that's all I had time for today. Tomorrow I will get one workout in before I leave on my trip Saturday morning, I am taking my computer so I might be able to squeeze so workouts and that would make me happy. I am due for a rest week because I never take a whole week off.

Tomorrow I have my mammogram too so that always is fun...

Great job on the workouts today!

Still a bit under the weather. I had a 100.4 temp last night and was so stuffed up. I felt much better after I got up this morning, but then I went outside and the winds are bad today. I came in with watery eyes and itchy throat. I think since it has warmed up the cedar and juniper pollen counts have risen. I checked the allergy reports to see. I do think with the fever and chills, I probably have an additional virus or sinus issue. I can't taste anything today.

Debbie, nice workout again. I find it odd that something will feel so much better and not be hurting and then I have a full day off and I wake up with it hurting. I figure it is probably the inactivity and arthritis or something. Cathe Live is okay for me as far as the fact that there are step workouts and kickboxing workouts along with some just weight workouts. I am sure that you would find some workouts that you like. There are a very few low impact workouts. I kept thinking that she would start putting out some similar to her new Lite workouts like she did with Ice. I just start getting bored with all of the similarities and need a change once in awhile. Raw just seems a lot safer on the joints than a lot of the workouts out there. I like Kelly. Cathe has something new pretty much every week. Although at times I would be waiting and hoping and it would be a spin workout or another total body workout. I wish there were more upper and lower. I guess most of the streaming sites do not do that very much. Les Mills did a lower body pump remix and an upper body. Not a lot there for switching body parts though. I have went over the details of a lot of the workouts to see which ones did the least amount of overhead shoulders. I think every one of them had some clean and press tucked in there.

Roselyn, I like that you can cancel anytime. It was easy to restart Cathe when I was ready to for a few months. I have not been brave enough to try Grit after doing the Les Mills cardio which was supposed to be similar, but at your own pace. That is exciting that you are starting a new career and going for a dream. I bet you love it. You have to have some idea with working in the salon as to what it will be like. I am always apprehensive about the mammograms and relieved when I get the all clear.

Belinda, great workout today. Are you saying they do the swimmer move like Cathe does with weights?? That will be so much fun having your daughter stay through Christmas holidays.

Jolie, I have a few months before I do another mammogram. I generally hedge a bit and go longer. I am not a real fan of the radiation. I have sure had enough of it over the years. I used to rely on our vacations for rest weeks. We don't go on vacations any more so I just take a day or two off here and there as needed for events. Good luck with the mammogram.

Good Evening,

Yesterday DH and I went Christmas shopping with oldest DD trying to find stuffed animals for baby who knew that would be such a chore. I am trying to come down with a cold so today I rested tomorrow I will do Shoulders.

Good morning,

Got my workout in before my DD comes. She wants to do a barre workout today.

W6 D4 Leg HiiT = 30 min. I modified all the moves.

Set 1: 3x
Single Leg Plyo Jumps - 60 sec
Triple Bear - 45 sec
Soccer Sprints - 30 sec
Squat Jumps - 15 sec

Burnout set:
Single Leg Plyo Jump - 30 sec
Triple Bear - 30 sec
Scooter Sprints - 30 sec
Squat Jumps - 30 sec

Core: 3x
Side Plank with Leg lifts (right side) - 30 sec
Side Plank with Leg lifts (left side - 30 sec

Cool down

Diane Sue - I am so sorry to hear you under the weather. Please take care of yourself and don't push it with your workouts. if I remember correctly Cathe done that move. That move really gets you good. DD is coming today and my son/daughter in law are coming on Sunday.

Debbie - I can't wait to start L4 W7. I will defiantly do another round or I will do a hybrid rotation? I still have time to decide. Do you play your own music with L4? I do :) It makes such a difference.

Roxie - have fun with L4 shoulders today. Mine are still sore,lol. How fun shopping for a baby.

Roslyn - good luck today.

Debbie and Doz have fun with your workouts.

I will be back later.

Today I did RAW Cardio Overload VI and wore my 10# vest. That probably wasn't the best thing to do today since my hamstring was bothering me all day yesterday, but I had fun and I didn't do too much high impact. This is a fun workout. Kelly messes up a few times and it's funny. I really like her, I feel like she's right there in the room with me. She is a lot of fun. So glad I tried her workouts.

Workout was 35 minutes, burned 233 calories and did 2553 steps. HR was 130/172.

Roselyn & Jolie - good luck with your mammograms. I don't do them anymore, thermal is the way to go.

Roxie - I also feel like I'm coming down with something. My throat is sore and my nose is stuffy. I feel better now after my workout and I took all my vitamins. Hopefully it won't turn into anything. Hope you are feeling better.

Diane - I hope you are feeling better today, that doesn't sound good. If not, take a rest day and sleep. Sleeping seems to be the only thing that makes me better when I'm sick. Take care!!

Belinda - I love Costco's, we have a membership and I love going there to see what they have. I got my treadmill there a few years back because it was so cheap. Great job with your workout! So are the leg workouts all Hiit stuff? I won't do them if they are, even when I'm feeling better. Are any of the weeks weighted for the legs?

DOZ - Where are you???

You all have a great weekend!!! I'll check back later to see what you all did.

I am back: I also did LM Body Combat #75 Express. Very fun workout.

Debbie - sorry your hamstring is still bordering you. Good job this morning. I buy pretty much everything at Costco. I also order things online. Like my JumpSport. Love Costco. The only thing I don't like going through Costco not sampling all the goodies, lol. DH get's alway double especially if they have anything with chocolate :)

Jolie - good luck with your mammogram too. Some how I missed it :(

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

No workout today. I woke up with a 101 fever and decided it was probably not a good idea. My sinuses are so bad right now. My son in law dropped off some Mucinex awhile ago. So, maybe tomorrow along with cooking and stuff. We are having our family Christmas at my daughters on Sunday. I was going to make rolls and apple pie. I may find myself buying rolls.

Roxie, wise move to take a rest day if you are coming down with something. I would not have thought choosing stuffed toys for little ones would be difficult. I guess you do need ones that can be laundered and are soft, no parts to come off ;)

Debbie, yes, day off today. It would have been easier to get away with working out today though since I would not have to contend with my husband wanting to know what I thought I was doing. He just wants me to be well :) The time I had pneumonia, he was in Iraq and I did a tough workout that morning. Talk about sick! Seriously though, I had never had pneumonia before so it was not something that I expected and it was really sudden. I have slept a lot more than usual. You would think as many vitamins as I take and things for immunity, that I would not get sick. Generally I am not sick long. I got my local bee pollen in the mail today. I have been using Dr Axe Keto multi vitamin lately. They are predominantly fermented vitamins and some adaptogens and herbs added as well as some collagen, meant to help those that are Keto or Paleo cover what they are missing. I think that the weighted vest really does up the intensity a bit. My vest will only drop to 12# at the lightest. I do like those workout. Kelly is fun and I laugh when she makes a mistake.

Belinda, I have really enjoyed the Les Mills Combat workouts. If I choose to cancel though I will need to do it soon as I think Christmas day is my last day.

Today I was going to do a mammogram but I am canceling it. I just don't want the radiation. There is a saying, "if you look hard enough for cancer, you will find it!" I am going to look into the Thermography instead. Breast cancer does not run in my family but I am concerned about it because I carry so much stress. But, radiation is so bad and I don't believe you need to do it every year, right? I am too busy getting ready for my vacation so I will look into an alternative when I get back.

Today I did Cathe Live Total Body Toning, I had a great workout and boy am I going to be sore. I haven't done that many leg exercises in one workout in a long time. This was a high rep workout, time under tension, and I am feeling it. Workout was one hour, warm up and abs included and I burned 505 calories. I had to substitute a few exercises but I still did the entire workout. I am taking my computer with me on my trip with my one pound gloves and I will do some kickboxing and weight work. My son has to workout from 6 am to 11 am each day to prepare for their college bowl game in Arizona so I might as well workout too. Average heart rate was 119 and max was 171. I was dripping during this workout which I never do when lifting weights in the winter.

Debbie, great job on the workout using the 10# vest! I am glad that you are enjoying your workouts even though you cant run. How much do you pay for your Thermography treatments?

Belinda, enjoy your time with your daughter. I am loving Cathe Live, I swear there is over 200 full workouts to choose from and I love the variety!

Roxie, I hope you have a great workout.

Diane Sue, I hope you feel better. I was congested last night and had a light cough. Get some rest and feel better.

Roselyn and Doz, I hope you have good workouts today!

Happy Holidays. I am truly blessed to have all of you as my workout friends and I look forward to reading your posts everyday. I have gone through a tough two years and I swear if it wasn't for you ladies I am not sure I could have done it! Merry Christmas and I hope we all have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Jolie

Jolie, I think that I would choose something besides the mammogram if there was not likely to be a chance for breast cancer. I have too many family members on both sides who have had cancer. I do push past the every year though. I am curious how much the thermography is. It is too bad that insurance does not pay for functional medicine and other alternatives. I guess too much money is at stake. Nice calorie burn on that live workout.

Jolie - Good for you! So happy to hear you are not going to your mammogram! We are just asking for breast cancer doing that, I truly believe that. The cost for me is $350, that covers the thermography and the follow up to see the results. Love the place I go to, the doctors take time to talk and listen to you. I love them.

Good Evening,

I did LiiFT 4 WK2 D3 Shoulders this morning and StudioSweat Spin Age Is Relative 32 minutes 9.0 miles 367 calories burned. To is legs haven’t done those yet. Please tell me the shoulder workout isn’t the same every time. I have breast cancer in my family so I get my mammograms done but not every year because I forget to schedule them.

Roselyn - I keep forgetting to congratulate you on persuing becoming a hair stylist! How cool! I was a Nail Technician way back and loved it, but it was so hard getting clientele. Then 911 happened and my customer base dropped to about nothing. Hope you like it and do well! Can't wait to hear about your classes and stuff. So much to learn, you will be amazed. Oh, and if you can, take the manger course - this allows you to stay in a salon alone if you need to. I did that as an add-on and it made things much easier when working for any salon.

I am still not feeling that well. I woke up feeling awful and a 101 temp. . Once I got going and took some Motrin and the expectorant then a long sit in the tub with a warm cloth over my face, I felt like a new person. I got some cooking done and stuff, but late this afternoon I think my fever was coming back up because I started having chills. I was busy and did not take the time to take my temp. I will check before I go to bed tonight. Taking something twice in a day is progress and I had much more energy than I have had. I am skipping the workouts till I have some time without spiking a fever.

Roxie, nice work today. I do not like repetitive workouts can be a dread factor if you don't care for it the first time. I hedge a bit on my mammogram if I can get away with it.

Roselyn, that is great that your mammogram was clear. I usually have to wait a few days for a report back.

Debbie, that is too bad that you didn't get to keep the nail technician job.

Kelly just put up her first one of a series called ripped and ride on her raw channel. It is a spin and weight interval workout. I wish I was up for it now. Mid January there will be a new raw interval workout and a legs and glutes workout I think that is what the new lower body one is called.

Good morning,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. Had a busy day yesterday. I did get in a short barre workout and walk.

Today I will take a rest day.

Diane Sue - nicely done. Hope you feel better.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Let me start off by saying yesterday was a travel day from Hell! 3 airplanes to get to one state. Southwest is a nightmare. It should have taken 4 hours and it took 12! Never again. My son just left for football practice so I did Cathe Live Hardstrikes in my hotel room. I took two 10 pound hand weights from the gym and brought it to my room and had the best workout by myself. I used 1 pound had weights and due to the altitude, I was huffing and puffing so bad and my calorie burn was 100 more than at home. total calorie burn was 601. 126 average heart rate and max was 174.

Roselyn, I got my cosmetology license out of high school ages ago. I still do hair for my entire family and my own. I let my license go years ago but I love doing it, it keeps me creative. It takes over a year 8 hours a day so it is a big commitment. I had to go to school on Saturdays as well. Good luck!

Diane Sue, I hope you feel better soon. I saw the video clip of Kelly's new workout, it looks great. I have a spin bike so I will have to try is when I get back from Nevada.

Debbie, I have a sore left hamstring, I know exactly when I pulled it. I was doing a side kick and there it was! Shoot!

Belinda, have a wonderful rest day.

Roxie and DOZ, I hope you all have good workouts.

Happy Holidays. I am so glad I brought my laptop with me on my trip. It is so cold I had to go to Dillards today and buy some fur lined boots!!! I also brought some strands of white bright Christmas lights and decorated the hotel room so it seems like we have a Christmas tree. It is so pretty and night and my son loves it! Hehehe...

No workout today. I went to the urgent care this morning and I have a sinus infection. She sent me home with a prescription for antibiotic, prednisone, and cough syrup. Hopefully I get past this thing. It was awful baking homemade bread and cinnamon rolls and I couldn't smell them. Hard to eat with there is no sense of taste and smell. I think this is the only Christmas that I have ever skipped the pie. It would be pointless enjoying something special if I am not really really enjoying it.

Belinda, nice work getting in a barre workout. I am sure yesterday was busy.

Jolie, sorry the flight was so hard. I hate changing planes. That was a good idea to put up some Christmas lights in the room. I am looking forward to trying Kelly's new Ripped and Ride and she said something about doing one a month I think.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.