Hardcore Fitness Maniacs December 2018

Today I started with Powerstrike 5 warm up and punches only using 1 pound gloves. I burned 147 calories! Next I did Cathe Live Upper Body Sculpting and added a few extra exercises instead of doing the band work. I had a great workout, 1 hour 15 minutes and burned 626 calories. I am not going to type up the whole workout, I did it last week and did the same weights except I went up in some shoulder exercises.

Nice job on the workouts today ladies, we are killing it!

Diane Sue, thanks for posting the video, i am probably going to sign up at the first of the year.

Debbie, great workout today and impressive weights!

Roxie, nice workout and i am glad you ditch the headache meds!

DOZ, I feel like crap if I drink too much too! :( But, I sure like a margarita!!!

Belinda, I think I need to check out the workout that all you ladies are doing right now! Great job on doing the whole rotation. I am loving Cathe Live, i am getting some killer results!!!

Have a nice day.

Reactions: WD
Does anyone know if RIPT90 workouts are from Beach Body? I'm thinking of doing them again after I'm done with LIIFT4 but not sure they are on the Beach Body on demand? I don't remember seeing them out there but I haven't really looked at all that's available.

Good Morning,

LiiFT 4 WK2 D2 Back & Biceps 50/50 which this one had HiiT before the core work which I modified. I started with 12’s and by the time I got down to the last set of Y Bicep curls I was down to 7’s and still almost failed. We can’t have taco Tuesday 6 year old grandson has walking pneumonia.

Still problems this morning with the tablet and Map My Fitness so I just used my cell phone again. I will try either repairing it via blue tooth or removing the app and reinstalling and see if that works when I have time. This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 40 minutes, 262 calories, met 5.9, heart rate average 133 max 178, 3,622 steps. I need to run and get ready to go to the ladies brunch. I will check back later.

Today was Week 4 of LIIFT4 Back and Biceps. Had a great workout, but wasn't able to do the HiiT part very well. I'm just so worried about my hamstring and it still aches so I don't want to irritate it. I did what I could. I really miss running, I haven't gotten my HR up since I had to stop running. :(

3 sets/10 reps each, minimal rest
SS #1

Wide Arm Rows: 17's
Wide Curls: 12's

SS #2
Reverse Flies: 15's
Dumbbell Curls: 15's

SS #3
Dumbbell Rows: 25's
Hammer Curl: 15's

HiiT: 3 sets all the way through
Squat Square Jumps - 60 seconds
Wide Mountain Climbers - 45 seconds
Plio Lunges - 30 seconds
Did the moderation for most of these, I tried to the Squat Square Jumps but stopped when I felt my hamstring get tight.

Abs: 3 sets/30 seconds each
Side Reaches
Dumbbell Tap Planks

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 274 calories and HR was 122/163.

Belinda - Yes, I've done RIPT90 before and I have the DVD's, I was just hoping they were from Beach Body so I can do them on Demand. LOL!! My DVD player doesn't work very well anymore. I'm looking forward to seeing how weeks 7 and 8 go with LIIFT 4. I haven't watched them so I have no clue. Nice going with your workout!

Roxie - You are doing an excellent job on LIIFT 4, those are hard workouts. Keep it up and you are right, using any type of weights with this series is hard to do, it really is tough. Don't you just love the ab work? So quick and you can really feel all the exercises he does. Nice job yesterday!! Hope the migraines go away and sorry those meds were making you feel yucky.

DOZ - Never seen your locks but I bet that was sort of hard to do, wasn't it? I've had really long hair before and then just decided to chop it all off. I never regretted it, though, I love my short hair!! Get your workout in today! :)

Diane - Sorry you had so many interruptions during your workout, I hate when that happens. I watched that video you posted, that looks fun. Sort of hard hearing what they instructors are saying. I will definitely get a subscription after the new year when I can use them. Thanks for posting that!!

Jolie - Great job with your workout and nice calorie burn!! Wow!! You are right we are all killing it lately!!!

Roselyn - Did you decide on Beach Body? It's tough to choose what to do, I want to subscribe to Les Mills and Cathe Live but really can't do that all at once, it gets quite costly.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Good morning,

the alarm didn't go off this morning, I will do my L4 this evening.

Debbie - unfortunately it's not :( sorry about the dvd player not working. I bought a back up 2 years ago. If that one goes, so do all my dvd's. :) Great job this morning. I feel the same way about subscriptions. They do add up. I am kinda debating if I want to sign up for a year or not? I haven't done a SBF barre workout in weeks. I kinda forget/or just run out of time with all those workouts. Not to mention, I am not using any dvd's lately.

Diane Sue - sorry you still have problems. I am sure, you will figure it out. Frustrating for sure.

Roxie - you are doing amazing with L4. Those are tough workouts. I went lighter at the beginning too. As long as you challenge your self, you are fine. Enjoy the workouts. I am loving them so far.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

I will be back tonight.

Today I did Cathe Live Warrior Kickboxing using 1 pound gloves. This is not the hardest workout out of kickboxing but I liked it because it goes a tad slower so you can put more efforts into the punches and have better form with the kicks. Workout included a hard ab segment, 1 hour and I burned 548 calories which included the cool down and stretch. Average heart rate was 132 and max was 177. Not bad.

I am starting to slim down ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! All I needed was a big change from what I was doing. Change is good.

I am running really late today, have to get me son ready to leave on a snow board trip to Mammoth Mountain with his friends, which I am worried about, but they have to grow up sometimes. My oldest son is 3 hours away in college so if something happens he could be there pretty fast if needed. I am 6 hours away. Getting ready for my trip to Nevada to be with my son for Christmas. I still have wrapping to do!!!! yikes

Great workouts again today, we are all doing such a great job.

Diane Sue, sorry you are having troubles with your electronics, I hate that cause I don't usually know how to fix it. I always have my kids help me out.

Debbie, sorry you are missing running, does walking on your treadmill bother your hamstring? Maybe a slight incline to get a better calorie burn?

Belinda, I started CAthe LIve because I needed a big change and i wanted variety.

Roxie, way to go with the workouts!

Have a nice day.

Jolie - that is fantastic! Glad you seeing results with Cathe Live. Maybe once I am done with my subscriptions I will give her a whirl. The ones I have done had a lot of high impact. Lot's of jumping jacks and Plyo. Can't do those anymore. Do you just pick a workout or does she post rotations too? How long have you been doing her live workouts?

Good evening,

My workout is done. DH's back is hurting, he took a rest day today. Hopefully he can do the back/biceps tomorrow. I was already tired before I started my workouts. Just don't have the energy to lift at night. I am still afraid to go heavier on my back.

D2 Back/Biceps 50/50

SS# 1 each set was done 3 rounds/30 sec
Full rows 21's
Hammer Curls 13's

SS# 2
Reverse Flys 11's
Full Curls 13's

SS# 3
Dumbbells Pullovers 26's
Wide Curls 13's

HiT:
Catcher Jumps - 60 sec
Wide Mountain Climbers - 45 sec
180 Squat Jumps - 30 sec

Core :3x
Dumbbell Toe reaches - 30 sec
Straight leg bicycle crunch - 30 sec

Debbie - week 7 and 8 is shred. Can't wait!

That's it for me today. Good night, everyone.

I didn't quite know what to do today - I can't run :( - and I'm afraid to keep doing kickboxing because of my upper back. That doesn't leave me with much else, unfortunately. I hate floor cardio and I can't do step cardio much anymore. I looked through Kelly's premixes that are on Roku and did a couple that were fun and I got a great calorie burn.

The first one I did was Lean Body Circuit with little impact, it was really fun, just a bunch of kickboxing moves in 30 second segments. I want to get the DVD for sure, I really liked this workout. I wore my 1# kickboxing gloves and my HR really got up there pretty good. Then I did the B&B Cardio PM premix but I'm not quite sure which workout it's from. It was also very fun and I got my HR up quite a bit with this one too. Wore my 1# gloves with this too. It was done with the step and I used 1 set of risers. It wasn't a step workout, though, you just use the step for certain moves. FUN!!!

Workout was 50 minutes total, burned 365 calories (wow!) and did 3920 steps, My HR was 137/191. Really fun, I'm so glad I checked those premixes out.

Belinda - What happened to your DH's back? Did he hurt it doing LIIFT4?? I hope he feels better soon. Nice job on your workout!! Nice weights you are using, too!!

Jolie - Warrior Kickboxing sounds fun, I need to make a mental note of that. I will be eventually getting Cathe Live. Great job with the workout and great calorie burn! Yes, even walking on my treadmill irritates my hamstring. Funny thing, I stretched my calves this morning and man were they tight. I wonder if that has anything to do with all of this? Probably not, but I will make sure to get those stretched out every day. I can't believe how tight they are, I almost got a charlie horse last night. Yikes!!!

Diane - How did your brunch go? I'm sure it was fun. I always enjoy getting together with my girls. :)

Roxie - Hope your GS is feeling better. Great job with Back & Bi's!!

Roselyn - Hope your having some great workouts!!

Good morning ladies. Today I am taking a forced rest day. First, I have an inner ear ache which is giving me a headache. Also, I am so sore and tired from these workouts I thought I better give my body a rest. I am using garlic oil and Mullen oil in my ear which typically takes care of the problem. I love natural products and how well they work. I will get in two more workouts before I leave on my trip so that makes me happy. I hate to not workout on my trip but the gym in my hotel is not very good so I will make it my rest week.

Debbie, my calves are so tight from kick boxing. We have to use our feet a lot while doing kicks and that effects the calves. Nice workout today. Great calorie burn for something you have never done before.

I will check back in later to read all of your posts.

Have a nice day.

This is from yesterday. I guess I forgot to post it.

I had a fun day with the ladies group today. We played fun games. One was golf and thought they were joking, but it was a game you play with cards. We did our gift exchange which was differently as we rolled dice and followed instructions on passing gifts or opening gifts (white elephant)

Debbie, I have a hard time choosing on which streaming I want to do. I am not willing to pay for several at a time. I have kept Kelly because I really like hers and her personality and they are not so costly. Cathe live was fun and I really enjoying Les Mills. Still not sure about trying Beach Body because I think they are over priced and I never liked the cheap way they do their dvds. No premixes or options. It is like rewinding a video tape or something. Sans music really does annoy me as it is another way to get by cheap and they are really selling their name which was made popular by P90X. Jmo. I think I would get tired of them quickly, like I tend to do with their workout series they sell. I do love the Les Mills dvds that I have. I like Beast for heavy lifting, but tend to get bored with it. I guess maybe I just haven't found much that I really love and can't do without there. It they did month to month and not so much money I might consider it.
I am so sorry you are having such a problem rehabilitating the hamstring. I woke a couple of nights with my right hip hurting and yesterday I think I torqued my knee running down the stairs, because it was fine when I got up. I took Advil last night and it was fine this morning. Everything was fine. I just replaced my magnesium calcium, Dr Mercola Joint formula, and Dr Axe Multi Collagen and I think it is starting to help again. I try to take a break every once in awhile. I really was worried that I was going to be limping around when I went to the ladies event today. I have several old dvd players around that had problems with the newer dvds. I finally broke down and bought a 3D blu ray player and the problems stopped. Also I can run Amazon, Youtube, Netflix etc through the player. It just does not get all of the fitness streaming.

Belinda, have a good workout today. I am very bad about evening workouts. Maybe late morning I can do one, but not evening. I generally start a bit lighter on workouts at first till I know how they are going to be.

Jolie, I am usually the one in our house that does the research and tries to fix things :)
I think one of my grandchildren need to go to school and learn how to fix all of these devices. Nice job on the live kickboxing workout. I sometimes enjoy the sorter ones. I don't burn very many calories though when I am just doing punches on some of those. I try to add more movement into it. I still have wrapping to do when a couple of more gifts arrive. Nice that you are starting to get some results from all of your efforts.

My allergies just started hitting hard. Last night I could hardly sleep. So, I am dragging, but still managed a workout. I did it later since my granddaughter stayed overnight and she went to work at 10:00. Getting my Map My Fitness App back to working took time. It was me, I was using the wrong email address. Then I had to reboot the Blue tooth for my device. I did a new workout that they just started a first season of on Les Mills on Demand. It is for stationary bikes and is called "The Trip". Pretty cool because you are traveling through computer graphics with music and a voice telling when you to put into gear for hill climbs and jumps and when to sit and changing pace. It was much better than sitting and watching people on a bike. There are 4 of them on the site right now. I did The Trip#10, 44 minutes, 10.4 miles, 1,892 steps, 306 calories, met 6.3. Fit Bit is not working well today so I did some figuring as Map My Fitness set for spin was 362 calories and the bike had it at 381. I need to charge my Fit Bit, it is low. It gave me 193 calories and I know I was working way harder than that and it doesn't even jive with everything else. I am starting to get frustrated with it. I also forgot that I had paused the Fit Bit for a bit to answer check my granddaughter's text and answer her.
I need to get in gear, no matter how I feel and go to the store since I am out of Advil and I need to give the dog a bath. The cedar and juniper pollen counts have to medium. They have been low for awhile.

Hi ladies,

Today I had to get all new tires on my car. I only had time to do a short barre workout.

Debbie - thank you. DH has a lot of back problems. He always get flair ups. He doesn't think it was L4. The last workout he did was Monday Chest/triceps.

Diane Sue - I saw the Trip workout, looks pretty good. Glad you liked it and figured out your Fitness app. I like working out first thing in the morning. Not a night person. I am tired after working all day.

Jolie - oh no! I hope you feel better soon.

Roxie - great job with your workout yesterday.

DOZ - I just chopped off my hair. I really like it. Getting lots of compliments.

I will be back tomorrow.

Sorry, I am really dragging. I came home from the dreaded trip to Walmart and took some Motrin and used saline spray and eye drops, then laid down, or more like propped myself up so I can breathe. I finally dragged myself in and gave the dog a bath and cleaned the downstairs bathroom. I am kind of relieved that my daughter decided to cancel a class she was taking, since I would have had to take the grandchildren to school in the morning and pick them up tonight. I would have done it, but the misery is there. I really love having them though. I had set up the electric train and got the track right for my grandson. I guess he will get to play with it another day.

Debbie, nice work on finding some cardio that you can do. I have used weighted gloves with Step Boxing which kicks it up a bit. Is that B&B premix from build and burn?

Jolie, I hope you get some relief. Nice work on getting workouts in before you leave.

Belinda, it seems we are all chopping off our hair :) I had my husband cut mine. He wanted to know if I had been trying to cut it myself LOL. It was getting pretty bad. It is nice to have it all even again. I need to get my car in for an oil change. WE just put all new tires on my husband's vehicle.

Today was Week 4 LIIFT 4 Shoulders and I had a great workout. These shoulder workouts are tough, I cannot go up on my presses. My traps are feeling it right now.

I warmed up with Cathe's GS Shoulders, Back and Biceps.

3 sets/10 reps each and the HiiT movements were 30 seconds each.
SS #1
Lateral Raise:
11's
Front Raise: 11's
HiiT: Speed Skaters

SS #2
Dumbbell Press:
15's
Shoulder Fly: 5's/3's/5's
HiiT: Squat Jumps

SS #3
Upright Row:
20's
Swimmers: 5's (probably could go up on this)
HiiT: Soccer Kicks

Abs: 3 sets/30 seconds
Scissor Kicks
Reaching Sit-Ups
(I thought we did this on Tuesday?)

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 236 calories. HR was 128/160 and did 1351 steps.

I also did Yoga Stretch. Hamstring is still not right. Yesterday I didn't even notice it, today I do. Probably should have modified the HiiT today.

Jolie - Sorry you are not feeling good, hope the rest did you well!

Diane - I sort of agree with you about the on demand for Beach Body. Why can't they offer a monthly fee? That is what sort of made me mad. I will probably not resubscribe after the 6 months that I already paid for. I am enjoying LIIFT4 and want to do another series, maybe. I really want to subscribe to Cathe's live, but all her stuff is so high impact all the time. We'll see. I'll stick with Kelly's and then maybe try Les Mills just for something different. Nice going on your workouts and I'm glad you and the ladies had such a nice lunch. Sounds like it was fun! Yuck on the allergies! I just got over it as well. Fall is bad for me, but now it seems to be gone.

Belinda - New tires are so expensive anymore. Nice job on the Barre workout!

Roxie - What did you do yesterday? Hope you had a good workout.

DOZ - Where are you girl? Post your workouts! We are here to keep you accountable. I know everyone is so busy with the holiday stuff, but we need to make time for ourselves too!

Roselyn - Where are you? I'm sure you're working out, hope you are having some great workouts!!

Happy day everyone!

HERE I AM :)

i did subscribe to les mills I really enjoy Bodypump and it is something I still have Cathe Live and les mills you can cancel anytime

So yesterday was a grit workout that slayed me and today a bodypump

So I quit my cleaning job at the church i am employed until Dec 31 but have vacation so basically done after tomorrow. I start beauty school jan 7 am i am so excited i decided to follow this dream maybe I will hate it but I have to try. And working part time in the alon I am at I will have an immediate position

Tomorrow is my mammogram I get so anxious do you guys?

Great workouts maniacs!!

Good morning,

W6 D3 Shoulder Intervals. As always you do 3 rounds.

Round 1
Shoulder Press 15's
Upright Row 15's
30 sec of High Knee runs

Round 2
Front Raise 10's
Lateral Raise 10's...my shoulders were fried at this point :)
30 sec of Speed Skaters

Round 3
Y Raises 5's
Swimmers 5's
30 sec of 180 Squat Jumps

Core
Dumbbells Extensions Jack knives- 30 sec
Scissor Kicks - 30 sec

I will be back for personals.
cleardot.gif

This morning I did Les Mills Body Combat express # 58, 37 minutes, 3,647 steps, heart rate average 139, 177 max, 245 calories, met 6.0. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Weights Circuit #1, 32 minutes,(actual 27), met 4.2, 148 calories, 704 steps, heart rate average 105, max 162. Total time was 69 minutes, 393 calories.
I could not find a worksheet that I had printed for this one, but know I have done it.
There are 5 rounds, the last being a brief round, 30 seconds work, 10 sec rest. Kelly uses a 33# barbell, 12# dbs, 7.5 #dbs. I used 35# barbell, 15# and 8# dbs also a bench
rnd #1
chest flys 15# dbs
skull crushers 15# dbs
pledge curls 15# dbs
shoulder press 15# dbs
alternating row from a low squat position place db on the floor 25# db
kickbacks 8# dbs
deadlift 35# barbell
squat deadlift 35# barbell
Rnd 2 same as rnd 1 except lateral raise with 8# dbs instead of shoulder press
Rnd 3
bench press 15# dbs
tate press 15# dbs
hammer curls 15# dbs
shoulder press 15# dbs
Bent over row barbell 35#
Kickstand dead lift 35# barbell
squat deadlift 35# barbell
Rnd #4
Bench press 15# dbs
tate press 15# dbs
alternating lateral raise 8# dbs
Bent over row alternating placing db on the floor 25# db
Kickstand dead lift 35# barbell
squat 35# barbell
Rnd 5
flies 15# dbs
bent over row from the floor alternating 25# db

I will come back in awhile. My grandson is coming over to detail my husbands vehicle.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.