Hardcore Fitness Maniacs December 2018

Today was a les mills grit and then i did some arm work

School will be mon-fri and it will be 10 months until i graduate so my target date is nov, 20 so I am ready

great workouts everyone and i will check into thermography for next time

Today was Week 5 of LIIFT 4 - Chest & Triceps. I cannot believe 4 weeks have gone by already since I started this series. Seems impossible. I had a great workout and went up in weights on all exercises.

3 sets/10 reps with little rest
SS #1
Chest Flies:
25's
Close Grip Triceps Press: 17's/20's/20's

SS #2
Rotating Chest Press:
25's
Skull Crushers: 16's/16's/15's (had to go down here, could only make 8 reps)

SS #3
Dumbbell Press:
27's
Triceps Kickbacks: 10's

HiiT: 3 sets/60-45-30 seconds each exercise
Single Leg Squat Jump (I modified)
2x2 Mountain Climbers (I modified)
High Knee Runs (I modified)
I told myself I would NOT do HiiT this week in hopes that my hamstring would get better. I can't seem to stop myself, though. I think I will be skipping my cardio workouts this week, though. I'm icing it right now, still hurts. :(

Abs: 3 sets/30 seconds
Reaching Situps w/Dumbbell: 12#
Windshield Wipers

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 314 calories and HR was 142/181. Went 1116 steps.

I noticed I had a Rapid Fire DVD that said "Boxing" on it so I took it out and watched it and sure enough, it uses a stationary bag! I'm so excited as I'm getting a Century Stationary Punching Bag for Christmas from my mom and my brother. I will definitely try this with it. I have one from Kelly as well.

Diane - I sure hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than being sick on Christmas. I've actually had sinus infections on Christmas Day and what a miserable day it was. Hope the meds help right away for you!!! I checked out Kelly's new RAW, looks cool. I don't have a spin bike, though.

Roselyn - Wow, that's a long time for schooling. When I went for my Nail Technicians training I think it was 6 months, but I know the hair licenses is much longer for training - plus you will be doing both hair and nail training. I remember going three times a week at night and the every Saturday. I give pedicures to my mom and she loves them. Good luck with it and looking forward to hearing updates on the class and how you like it.

Jolie - Wow, now that is dedication! Nice job with your workout in your hotel room. So are you and your husband going to be apart for Christmas? I think it's cool that you are with your son, though, I'm sure he is so happy about that. Hope you have fun in Nevada, I've always wanted to go there. I bet it's beautiful! I'm sure there is snow everywhere.

Belinda - Hope you have a more relaxing day today, but since it's Christmas Eve, I doubt it! LOL!!

Roxie - Hope all is good your way!

DOZ - Hope you are still doing your workouts, we haven't heard from you in a while.

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all have a wonderful day with your families! I'll be back on Wednesday!! Love you all!! Like Jolie said, I am so thankful for all of you!!! You keep me motivated!

Merry Christmas everyone,

L4 W7 D1 Chest & Back Circuit = 39 min is done.

Round 1
Chest Press 23's
Flys – 10 reps 23's
Dumbell Rows 28's
Reverse Flys 18's

Round 2
Rotating Chest Press 23's
Decline Press– 23's
Dumbell Pullover 32's
Wide Row 23's

Brnout Round
Regular pushups
Back Extensions
Wide pushups

Core
Dumbell Toe Reachers– 30 seconds
Straight Leg Windshield Wipers – 30 seconds

That's it everyone! Marry Christmas, everyone!

Reactions: WD
Today I am able to breathe and fever seems to be gone. Some improvement anyway. I did Les Mills on Demand Body Flow flexibility # 79, 56 minutes, 167 calories, met 2.7. I really liked this one.I cancelled Les Mills for a bit. I do want to come back to it again, I just don't want to pay for it right now. I want to buy Cathe's new workouts so I will do it later. Keeping Kelly though :) Maybe if my coughing is better and respiration I can do Kelly's new Ripped and Ride workout tomorrow or Wed..

Roselyn, 10 months is not too bad. I hope it goes by quickly for you as you go through the learning process.

Debbie, nice job on increasing weights. Sorry the Hiit is not working for you. Is there a way you could just modify or do something else while they are doing the hiit? I am wondering if there is a possibility to use the treadmill instead of the spin bike as with spin there are hill climbs which is usually more pressure on the pedals, and sprints which are fast pedalling , jumps would have to be thought out though as they are bursts of sit and stand on the bike. That is great that you are getting a heavy bag? I think there are two of the Rapid Fire workouts that have heavy bag. I have all of them. Cathe has one on one of the STS Shock Cardio series MMA workouts and I believe on one of her other Kickboxing workouts. I like the Kelly workout with the heavy bag. There are others, I just cannot think of all of them. She uses the heavy bag in at least one kickboxing workout, maybe more on her live channel. I remember one where part of them were on the back and part of them doing regular off the bag and I think there is another that has a whole heavy bag segment on it. I remember you having to deal with some sinus issues a while back. It is miserable.

Belinda, you are really working through the Lift workouts. Week 7, way to go.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas :)

Merry Christmas!!

This morning I did L4 Legs. This afternoon we all hiked at the Appalachian Trail. I am sure, I will sleep good tonight.

W7 D2 Legs 50/50 - I added my weighted cloves.

Round 1: 10 reps/3x
Front Loaded Squat 27's
Deadlifts 27's
Calf Raises 27's

Round 2: 10 reps/3x
Alternating Side Lunges 15's
Pulsing Squat 27's
Bridge 13's

Round 3: 10 reps/3x
Goblet Sumo 27's
Single Leg Reverse Lunge 16's

HiiT: 3x. 30 sec each
High Plank Twisted Mountain Climbers
Soccer Sprints
Squat Jumps

Core: 3x, 30 sec
Prayer Crunch
Bicycle Twist

Diane Sue - I hope you feel better soon.
cleardot.gif

I hope you all enjoy your time with your families. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Today was LIIFT 4, wk 5 Back & Biceps. I had a great workout and upped the weights with a few exercises. However, since this was 4 exercises in a row, it was really hard for me to go up with bicep work.

The trainer, Joel, is starting to get on my nerves. His laugh alone makes me crazy. Still a very fun series, but he's getting sort of annoying. LOL!!

3 sets/10 reps hardly any rest

Round 1
Dumbbell Rows:
27's
Bottom Curls: 20's/15's/15's
Reverse Flies: 15's
Top Curls: 15's
(I really tried to go up here but had to drop them quickly. This was tough)

Round 2
Pullovers:
32#
Hammer Curls: 17's
Wide Rows: 17's (this was hard!)
Wide Curls: 17's/15's/15's
(This was tough!)

Burn Out Set - 3 sets/30 seconds
Supermans
Biceps Curls:
12's

Abs - 3 sets/30 seconds
Straight Leg Bicycles
Low Rock Planks (I liked these!)

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 243 calories and HR was 120/152. Did only 629 steps. My HR felt higher than that at times, I will really feeling it.

I also did the Recovery Roller workout and I am really seeing that the hamstring issue isn't just hamstring. My outer hip - probably the IT Band - hurt really bad when I was rolling it and it traveled right now my glute and hamstring. So maybe that is the issue causing all this. I will continue to roll and ice. This is ridiculous.

I am heading to Dicks to get my some boxing gloves today. :)

So I ate horribly this weekend and yesterday so now I'm back to my normal diet. I hate when I stray from my good foods, I always feel it.

Diane - I hope you are feeling better!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, mine was awesome!! Had a great time with family and grateful for all that I have.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Ripped and Ride, 36 minutes, met 5.5, 218 calories, 1,148 steps, heart rate average 118, max 147. Kelly used 12.5 # dumbbells and 8# dumbbells. I used her weights. I probably was not pushing as hard as I normally would though. I thought I was going to die right at the start. I like how she did some triceps pumps on the handlebars while riding. I was huffing and puffing through this. I will be glad when things are back to normal. I have to go out and do errands today. I wish it was not raining. `
This workout can be done with other pieces of equipment. Kelly just says to up your hill climbs etc. for the climbs on the bike. The main thing is that you are working the lower body with the piece of equipment while doing upper body weights.

Debbie, great job with the workout. It is funny how some instructors can seem annoying. Boxing gloves will be fun. I have a bit of a problem with my Everlast ones hitting my Fit Bit and changing settings. I put a second watch band with the frame on over the top of the one I am wearing just to keep the gloves from changing the watch or stopping it. That has been my issue in the past. I had to work on the hip and then down the leg. I found my therapy balls dug into the hip pretty well. I use them with the two balls in the mesh bag together. I got them from yoga tune up. I think in they get things better than the foam roller does.

Belinda, nice work on your Christmas workout.

Doz, great job on Cardio Coach press play. That is a good one for Christmas day :)

I am home and back at working out. So, my son I just left in Nevada has the flu so bad he can now NOT go to the bowl game because he is contagious. He now needs to drive home and he cant because he is too sick. I wish I would have known, I would not of flown home yesterday and drove home with him. My husband my fly there tonight after work and drive home with him tomorrow. It is a 10 hour drive. My world seems upside down right now. Let me tell you how depressing spending some of my day yesterday on Christmas in the Las Vegas Airport! Yuck...

Anyway, today I did Cathe Live Pump Party Total Body and had the best workout. This is a high rep endurance workout, time under tension, and boy am I going to be feeling it tomorrow. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 501 calories. I did a few extra exercises and one more ab exercise. This is tough because I typically do not do high rep workouts. My body is really liking this type of workout so I am going to continue with Cathe Live for awhile. Average heart rate 114 and max was 159. Not bad for weight lifting. I was dripping by the end of the workout.

Debbie, you got a heavy bag for Christmas?! How exciting. I bet you are excited to use it. Cathe Live Boxing and Kickboxing workouts always have a heavy bag segment. I cant wait to hear how yu like it.

Roselyn, I am so excited for you to go to cosmetology school. You will really like it and get all of your friends and family in so you can practice on them and get your cuts, colors, perms ect on the books!

Diane Sue, nice ride workout this morning! I have to get my spin bike out of the garage and put it back in the house soon.

Belinda, Roxie and Doz, I hope you all have great workouts and I will check back in later to read your posts.

Have a wonderful day.

Jolie, that is too bad your son has the flu. I guess he did not get a flu shot? I always get a flu shot. I do not want to get it. I have had it 3 times and it was terrible. Once I had a shot, but it was not the current strain. I could not imagine trying to drive with the flu. Just riding in a car would take it's toll. Was he able to get Tamiflu? So what did your husband and other son do for Christmas? That is great that you are getting results from Cathe's live workouts. I remember some of the heavy bag segments on the kickboxing workouts. It seems like she had one where you went to the heavy bag for awhile and you think you are done and she ends with some other stuff before the stretch.
I think that I am going to really like the Ripped and Ride workouts that she is going to put out. Maybe next time I will be able to more into it. I just felt good getting something in.

Thunder, lightening, and rain here today. I got soaked putting my stuff in the car when I left Sprouts. I really needed to pick up a good multi vitamin with some probiotics since I am on the antibiotic and I wanted some fruits,s vegetables, and Kombucha tea. For some reason with the meds coffee has just stated bitter and off to me. I would like to lie down and read. That would be the best way to spend a rainy afternoon, but I need to do some cleaning catch up.

Roselyn, those Body Pump workouts are tough. They seem tougher than the dvds are. I had to stop my streaming subscription, but I will get it back soon. I loved a lot of the different workouts.

Belinda, I hope that you enjoyed your rest day and family time :)

Good morning,

L4 W7 Shoulders and Arms is done. I will post my workout later.

We went to Luray Caverns. We went there a few years ago, but the line to get in was rapped around the parking lot. Today we are going to Top Golf with the kids. Tomorrow we are going to a movie where you can eat dinner too. We try to do things as a family during the holiday's.

I will be back later.

Here is my Shoulder & Arm workout: I went lighter on my upper body today, my shoulder been bordering me for the last few day's.

W7 D3 Shoulder/Arm Circuit

Set 1: 10 reps/3 x
Front Raises 13's
Wide Curls 13's
Lateral Raises 11's
Triceps Kickbacks 13's

Set 2: 10 reps/3s
Shoulder Press 13's
Hammer Curls 13's
Upright Rows 13's
Skull Crushers 11's

Burnout round: 30 sec/3x
Swimmers 10's
Full Bicep Curl 13's
Tricep Pushups

Core: 3 sets/30 sec each
Dumbbell Drivers
Dumbbell Flutter Kicks

Have a great day and workout, everyone.
cleardot.gif

Belinda, your family plans sound like loads of fun. That is great that you do that :) Great workout today as well.

I am going to do something, Maybe cardio and some leg work. Then I will get house cleaning in.

Good Morning,

I know I have been away for awhile just really busy. I haven’t worked out much so I will take a break from LiiFT this week and continue week 3 starting Monday. Today was BeachBody Clean Week Core Function these are a mixture of moves from different BeachBody workouts 3 rounds three moves for 30 seconds all body weight but tough.

I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 40 minutes, 260 calories, met 5.9, heart rate average 147, max 174, 3,550 steps. I will do strength tomorrow. This just looked like what I wanted to do :) I have to go back to the store and get protein powder. Somehow I got the organic protein powder from Garden of Life instead of the whey. It is dreadful. I thought when I had it in yogurt the other day it was really grainy. I couldn't taste it then and did not realize it was the wrong thing. Then yesterday I put it in my yogurt and ate most of it, but it was awful. I couldn't eat all of it. Later I started coughing and that stuff came back up. No way am I eating it again. I looked and it is grains and seeds, pea protein, flax, garbonzo beans. Not good. I cannot imagine anyone liking it.

Roxie, that is interesting that they mix up workouts. Nice work.

I am checking in late but I did work out today. I did the boxing workout from Kelly's Meltdown Workout #2 and had a blast with my new stationary bag. I bought gloves yesterday and they worked really good. I had a great workout and my hamstring is a bit better today. I rolled my IT band a bit again but didn't go overboard because it really hurt yesterday after I did that.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 225 calories and went 2621 steps. HR was 141/179.

Diane - I'm glad you were able to try the RAW spin workout, it sounds like a tough one. Hope you are feeling better today. So I bought Everlast gloves that have a wrist wrap and I put my Fitbit right above it on my arm so it wasn't covered. The button did get pressed once while hitting the bag but I felt my watch vibrate and I looked at it and it said it was "paused" so I hit the go button again and it was fine the rest of the time. And I was beating the crap out of that bag, I'm shocked my watch didn't stop again. I'm glad it worked, it even kept my HR too.

Jolie - So sorry to hear about your son getting sick, the flu has a funny way of getting you when you least expect it. Sucks. I don't have a heavy bag, I have a stationary bag. It's a lot softer than a hanging heavy bag. Great job with your workout!

Roselyn - NIce job with Bodypump!! Sounds like fun!

Belinda - Great job with your workout and it sure sounds like you are having fun!! Good for you and your family!!

Roxie - Good job getting something done and enjoy your rest week!

DOZ - Nice job with Press Play!! Long and tough!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.