Hardcore Fitness Maniacs December 2018

Debbie, nice workout today. I have 4 different pair of gloves. One has just the thumb exposed which Makes it handy to push the pause button and start button. They are not as thickly padded as my Everlast though. I have two pair of combat gloves with the fingers out but padding over them. The 80.00 leather ones my husband bought me I use a lot. No matter what gloves I use, I manage to tear up my fingers and knuckles. I guess I get to agressive with the bag. My bag is not soft though. It is a 100 lb one hanging from a stand. I am sure that you will really enjoy your bag.

Roselyn, I think that we all need to get back on track. I haven't over eaten for the most part, but so many carbs. My appetite has been terrible while I have been sick and my usual foods have not tasted right to me. I end up eating toast and other things. Seriously, I cannot figure out how I gained 5 lbs. Should have stayed off the scale. I am guessing a lot will end up being water retention. I am done with the prednisone, hopefully that helps. Today I am back on track.

Today was Week 5 LIIFT 4 Shoulders and I had a great workout. This was a tough workout (they all are!). I'm really feeling the boxing workout in my upper shoulders today, amazing how you feel something new like that way the next day.

I warmed up with Cathe's GS Shoulders, Back and Biceps.

3 sets/10 reps each and the HiiT movements were 30 seconds each.
SS #1
Upright Rows:
21's
Overhead Press: 12's
HiiT: Plyo Jumps (I modified)

SS #2
Front Raise:
11's
Lateral Raise: 11's
HiiT: 180 Degree Squat Jump (I modified)

SS #3
Shoulder Fly:
5's (these kill)
Y Raise: 8's
HiiT: Twisted Mountain Climbers (I modified)

Abs: 3 sets/30 seconds
Dumbbell Drivers: 8#
Prayer Crunch

Workout was 34 minutes, burned 225 calories. HR was 123/172 and did 1001 steps.

Hamstring is still bugging me but sort of feels a bit better. I'm icing it right now.

Diane - I do like my bag and I like that it isn't hard as a rock. I like my gloves, too, but they are the only ones I've ever tried. I can't wait to try the Rapid Fire Boxing workout but there are a lot of kicks in it and I need to wait until I can do it without making my hamstring worse.

Roselyn - Like Diane said, we all need to get back on track. LOL! It's just too easy to eat when there are so many good things around and you know it only happens once a year. I remember one Christmas I was very strict with my eating and now I wonder why? What did I get for it? LOL!! I'm glad I have relaxed in that area and let myself enjoy things that come around only once a year. Nice job on Grit!!

Hello to all those who follow and hope you all have great workouts!!!

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Kelly Coffey Sculpting RX, 2, 32 minutes, heart rate average 109, max 135, 1,086 steps, met 4.5, 159 calories. I wore 1.5# gloves and used 5# dumbbells. That is it for me. I will be glad when my respiratory system is back to normal. I have had a pretty lousy last 2 weeks of workouts and non workouts with all of this. I am just doing what I feel is okay for now.

Debbie, I have done the strict diet too in the past. It makes little difference. A few days of correct eating and some extra cardio and you would never know you indulged. I know one of the heavy bag workouts that is on one of my rapid fire workouts has some kneeling kicks. I need to check them out again.

Bodypump 93

I agree Diane Sue I did not overeat just ate alot of carbsand when your body not used to sugar and such it rebels but feeling better already

So I looked back at the Hips & Glutes workout that I did that caused me this hamstring pain. I see I did squats, Bridges and deadlifts with 40#, which isn't unheard of for me. I know Kelly does this workout with a 33# barbell. The weird thing is, I did this workout on October 31. I'm looking at my cardio workout log and the last time I ran was on Nov. 6 and I did CC #3 but after that no more CC's. So I've had this issue since the end of October! I thought it was only the last 3 weeks.

I looked up information on pulled and torn hamstring but I have none of the symptoms of either. So what could it be? Maybe just a bad strain? I wish it would get better, it was really hurting today after grocery shopping. I just put Ben Gay on it and it feels cool for some reason. I don't know what else to do.

Anyways, just wanted to put this out there... Hope you are all having a great Friday!

Debbie, I know someone else on one of my check ins that was having similar problems that I had at the same time with the right hip, glute pain. I managed to get mine worked through. She, on the other hand just got to where it was really painful. She had it checked and it was bursitis. She has been going through physical therapy for some time now. You would not think those workouts that you did before it started would have caused all of the problem. Maybe it was something that was just tipped over the edge with the workout. You often mention the tightness.

Belinda, nice job on the workout today before family time.

Roselyn, yes, those carb calories really do change up how the body reacts when it is not used to it. I always feel puffy after a bunch of carbs.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Kettlebell and Kickbox, 33 minutes, 215 calories, heart rate average 126, max 171, met 5.9, 1400 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Body Design Yoga segment, 13 minutes, 32 calories, heart rate 100 average, 131 max, 197 steps. I chose this raw workout because it is low impact and Kelly lists it as one for if you are low on energy. I used a 15# kettlebell which is what Kelly used and 2# dumbbells. Normally I use a 20# kettlebell. My resting heart rate has been higher since this respiratory thing. I guess all of the coughing would keep it elevated. Workout was 46 minutes and calories burned 268. 1597 steps total.

Hi everyone,

Today I did 45 min of KB workout.

Diane Sue - nice job on your workout.

Great job, everyone!

Good night!

Hi guys,

Cleaned my house today, kids left yesterday. DH and I needed a break we went for a walk with dog.
What are your plans for New Year? DH and I will celebrate New Years in DC with my kids. We have 4 course dinner reservations.

Diane Sue - not sure what happened to my post this morning? I thought I answered you already. I did a kickboxing workout from youtube. Sorry about the confusion.

Good night, everyone!

MIA! My son and I were diagnosed with Influenza A, the flu that can kill you, which then went into a sinus and raspatory infection. Yesterday thought we were going to die, no kidding. We have had 103 degree temps, Jack for 5 days and me for 4 almost five. I have not eaten one thing since breakfast on Wed. I just went to the doctors, no one could see me too booked and we could not get out of bed. They put me on a heavy ant
ibiotic, they use for Phnemonia and it is helping already. My son lost 16 pounds and I lost 9. We are quarantined to our house till we are better and if we go out we have to where a mask. There is an epidemic on the West Coast. I have only gotten out of bed to use the bathroom. I will check back in tomorrow. They put my husband and other son on Tamiflu. I have never been this sick in my entire life.

Happy New Year, 2019 has to be better than this past year!!!!

THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT WORKOUT, I ACCIDENTALLY WANTED TO COPY THIS AND ENDED UP SAVING IT. I WILL FIX IF I HAVE TIME.

Today I started Week 7 of LIIFT4 and this week the workouts change a bit. Today I worked my Back & Chest and it was tough. I went up in weight a bit and really felt it. This is going to be an odd week, though, because there are only two days of weights that I can do, the rest is legs and HiiT. My hamstring is definitely feeling better, but it certainly isn't 100% yet. I don't want to do the leg and Hiit workouts, although I wish I could - they look really fun.

3 sets/10 reps per circuit round
Round 1
Chest Press: 30's
Chest Flies: 25's
Dumbbell Row: 25's
Reverse Flies: 15's

Round 2
Rotating Chest Press: 25's
Decline Press w/Bridge: 22's
Pullover: 35#/30#/30#
Wide Dumbbell Row: 15's

Burnout Round
Regular Pushups
Back Extensions
Wide Pushups
3 sets 30 seconds each with minimal rest. I could not keep going on these, they were HARD!!!

Abs:
Toe Reachers: 15#
Straight Leg Windshield Wipers
3 sets/30 seconds each with minimal rest.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 257 calories and my HR was 124/158 . I did 578 steps so not many, but most of the workout is done on the floor.

Jolie - Hope you are recovering, take it easy this week. I got those Kelly workout from her website, I never even thought of looking elsewhere for them. :)

Roselyn - Nice job with your new rotation! Looks like it's fun.

Diane - Looking forward to Kelly's workouts that I ordered, and I watched the new Boxing one she has out there, it looks like fun! I see you tried it and said it was fun, I can't wait til I can do it. How do you feel after Hips and Glutes? I won't do that one again, I don't think, but if I ever do, I won't be using 40# on it. Yea, that time thing on this website makes no sense at all.

Belinda - So glad to hear your MIL is doing better, that is great news! Are you done with LIIFT4 now? I love this series, I really wish I could have done the leg portion, it looks really good. What will you do next?

Roxie - Hope you feel better soon, sorry that cold is hanging on like that.

DOZ - Nice job with Cardio Coach with Candace, my favorite one!!! You rocked it!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

W8 Day 1 Chest/Back Circuit is done. My chest is fried.

Round 1: 3x
Rotating Chest Pess 20's
Decline Press 20's
DB Pullovers 25's
Wide Rows 20's

Round 2: 3x
Chest Press 20's
Flys 20's
Dumbbell rows 20's
Reverse Flys 12's

Burnout round: 3x
Regular Pushups - 30 sec
Back Extensions - 30 sec
Wide Pushups - 30 sec

Core: 3x
Dumbbell Prayer Crunch - 30 sec
Floor to Celling Leg Lifts - 30 sec

Jolie - how scary! So sorry you are going through this. I hope you feel better soon. Take care!

Debbie - I love kickboxing workouts. Can't ran anymore. Fantastic job today.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. Happy New Year, everyone.

Hey everyone, I’m back :cool:

Today’s workout Cardio Coach press play. Changing up my workouts, getting tired of running; that being my main cardio, pulled out a few step workouts. Truth I can’t wait to get Cathe’s new Lite series, because I’m bored lol. Tomorrow guys, have a wonderful day

Today I did Kelly Coffey Meltdown mix dumbbell and boxing, 32 minutes, 208 calories, met 5.9, heart rate average 135, max 165, 2,612 steps. I loved this one. It alternated the dumbbell moves and heavy bag/cardio segments. I wore my combat gloves that leave the fingers free so I could still pick up the dumbbells. I used a 20# kettlebell for the swings instead of two dumbbells. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Back side/Front side skipping the lower back moves (mine is a bit sore and superman can aggravate it) This was 48 minutes, 211 calories, heart rate average 103, max 122, met 4.0, 674 steps. Total time was 80 minutes, 419 calories burned, 3286 steps.
Weights, boxing dumbbell weights were 12 and 15# dumbbells
Weights for front side back side 10 reps all
reverse fly 15# dbs
alternating step back row 15# dbs
BSS 15# dbs
repeat
one arm kickbacks 12# db
standing cross body extensions same arm as kickbacks 12# db
suitcase dead lift 25# dbs
repeat
plie squat 20# db
calf raises 20# dbs 10,10,10 reps 3 angles
repeat
arnold press 15# dbs
dumbbell front raise 15# db
quad presses seated on bench no weight pulses and lots of reps
repeat
21's biceps 15# dbs
supinated curls 15# dbs
side lunges 15# db 1st round (12# dbs 2nd round)
repeat
pulse crunch 10 reps
reverse curls 18 reps
repeat

I will be back for personals. I have to get ready and head out. We have freezing weather the next two days and I want to get things done so I don't need to go out.

Jolie, I am terribly sorry. My heart goes out to you!!

so sorry Jolie my husband and I had influenza last Christmas and it was terrible take care

Today I did Cathe awseome upper workout and tomorrow starting les mills rotation

Happy New Year my fitness friends

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.