Do You Remember Your 1st Cathe Workout?

sparrow13

Cathlete
What was it and what did you think? Mine was Maximum Intensity Strength which I still have on VHS and think is a great workout! I remember being so relieved to have found Cathe...I'd been wanting more out of my strength workouts but everything for women seemed geared towards lifting no more than 5-8 lbs.

I also remember thinking "be careful what you wish for...." :D I was dead by the end of that workout!!

Great thread!! I found Cathe on Fittv. Not sure which wo exactly, a strength one I'm sure. It took me a long time to like her cardio - the choreography was hard for me to master. Got it down pat now! I think it was Muscle Endurance. Knew she was a cut above the rest! :D

Mine was Muscle Max. I remember it felt so different, but so awesome to be doing strength training outside of 2 lb ankle weights, and a nice challenge rather than endless hours of cardio. And I had Doms for days....everywhere!! That was the beginning of the spending extravaganza that began shortly after.....I can't remember what came next...it's a blur :eek:

PowerMax in 1997--ordered from Collage BY PHONE! Back in the days when you actually had to speak w/a human being to purchase something.......

I still have the VHS, I had Cathe sign it at the 2005 RT. :)

I also found Cathe on fit tv right after I tried to quit smoking the first time....it was KPC, and I was winded after the warm up!! :eek: After the second and permanent time quitting, I went back to her workouts and now it's an off day when I can't get through KPC...;)

I found Cathe in '99 and my first workout was Maximum Intensity Cardio. I also had IMAX and MIS but MIC was the first one I tried.

i found her on fittv too, i believe it was bootcamp. i loved the workout but got frustrated with all the commercial breaks so i ordered the bootcamp/muscle endurance dvd. came to find out they left a few segments out of the fittv show (including those dreaded terminator climbers), so i ordered a few more videos to get the "complete" cathe experience. i was hooked from then on.

Mine was Mega Step Blast around 1991 I think it was? Isn't that the one with the lavender hot pants outfits? I wasn't about to wear pants like that although Cathe looked great in them. :p

Yep, it was Basic Step with old baby step from Wal-Mart. I couldn't even make it through the whole workout!!! LOL!

MIS and MIC in 1999 on VHS. I was bored out of my mind by the step and hi/lo classes at the gym and came across a Collage Video catalog. I started out with Karen Voight, Petra Kolber and that Australian instructor whose name I can't remember now. That was not challenging enough and I thought I try the advanced step :D I was crying for mercy with MIC and have been hooked ever since.

These were on VHS and I ended up replacing them with DVDs and selling my VHS tapes on eBay.

Mine was BodyMax1. I had just had my third baby (10lb 1oz son) and ummm let's just say that I had some extra lbs at that time. I tried Bodymax and actually felt a little ill 'cause it was so hard for me. I can't believe that I went back for a second try....but I did and it eventually got easier.

Cardio Step Challenge - 1992 I think. I had a collection of step workouts along with FIRM workouts that I did for awhile. This was my only Cathe workout at the time. Years later (after a child bearing/rearing hiatus) I went back to the FIRM and discovered Cathe had all these weight workouts too! My return to Cathe began with Muscle Max in 2005.

I am jealous of you people who found her workouts so long ago! I just discovered her Feb 2008 and ordered almost $500 worth of DVDs and have not looked back since. So, there really wasn't a first one, I don't suppose :) I will say this- on vacation last week, my DD had to go flipping through the channels to find what she wanted and came across Cathe on FitTV. She was sooooo excited - she yelled for me to "come here fast!" so she could show me, and then she found it again and called me on the cell phone to tell me :)

Step Heat in 1995, soon followed by Mega Step Blast and Step Max. Needless to say, I was hooked! I have tried many times over the years to get DH, DD and DS to workout with me, but Cathe scares them!:p I keep trying though...:D Thanks Cathe for changing my life!!!!

OnGoldenPond aka redrocks

OH I LOVE this thread!

My first Cathe workout was Body Max on VHS, bought off of eBay sometime in 2003. I used the cardio 2-3 times per week with my own weight workouts, slowly added on using one new segment at a time, then managed to tackle the entire workout. My next purchase was PUB/PLB on DVD and it remains my ALL TIME favorite Cathe workout. Form there on, I bought pretty much every single workout she has out!

LOVE reading all these! Thanks for sharing, everybody!

Gayle

Saw "Step and Motion 1" in Collage Catalogue (I think it was 1989) - and was totally shocked at how great it was and even said to my husband 'who in the world is this?' and and from then purchased Step and Motion 2 and 3 and Fit and Firm, and Cardio Step Challenge, etc.
maryann

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.